388 replies to this topic

#21 Hutijin

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts
  • LocationPhoenix

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:52 PM

I am pleased but a little shocked that he is not being told to "play better" or "suck it up". The fact is playing better does not fix a mech that can spam you from 50 miles away and then you get farmed at the dropship after that. CW has become just pathetic. All it is is farming at the dropship now. The 12 mans have taken over and the rest of us pugs, that actually help the game survive, get screwed. I think it is a big mistake for PGI to push people into groups that want to be casual gamers. WoW tried that and saw their subscriptions go down to their lowest levels (that and crap content). Now I do not even play CW anymore as it is a stomp fest of Tbolt 9s and dropship farming. I have played this game since beta and CW has just become a waste of time for me. I know I should "play better" or "learn to beat Tbolt spam", but if it is join a 12 man or get smoked, I will be spending my hard earned paycheks on something else...soon.

#22 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:53 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 26 January 2015 - 10:24 AM, said:

It became repetitive.
One scenario
2 Maps

That gets old fast when we have been bored on 8 Maps and 3 Scenarios for over a year.

I am convincing myself i am seeing some sarcasm here.. :ph34r:

#23 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:53 PM

View PostOnmyoudo, on 26 January 2015 - 10:38 AM, said:

This is nonsense - you cannot lay this at the feet of the IS, or a single variant of a chassis.

THIS is the problem. I can tell you now it is exactly the same when the situations are reversed and clan 12 mans are stomping the hell out of every IS PUG defense on the border. The problem is voice chat and team work versus no voice chat and no team work.

Some people will argue that the PUGs should just not play CW because it's for teams only. That's a foolish argument that leads to CW and MWO having no population, and no games for anyone else.

Others will argue that the mode should be made to cater to solo players which is completely unfeasible because teams will always work better together than 12 randoms, and teams have every right to play as teams in a team-based mode with a core fanbase of teams.

Would splitting the queues provide better matches? Potentially. It might also potentially kill the queue and leave any team not able to field a full 12 in a very difficult position. Should teams be matched against teams and PUGs against PUGs? Technically that might be very difficult and majorly increase queue times.

Will in-game VOIP and faction matching make a difference? We'll see.

Neither VOIP nor a separate solo-only CW queue will make a big difference. Complete explanation here.

#24 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:56 PM

View PostDuszanovsky, on 26 January 2015 - 10:23 AM, said:

Thing is, CW has become nightmarish. It is now dominated by IS 12-man stompers, focused on overusing PPC TDR-9 builds. It's simply ridiculous.

Allow me to introduce you to the "12 man clan curbstomp pouring over the closed gates 30 seconds after the match starts" or the "12 Lights with broken hitboxes zerg the objectives while hapless pugs with no aim fail to shoot them" or the "your 11 teammates shoot the gate doors for 5 minutes and wonder why it doesn't open"

#25 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:57 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 26 January 2015 - 12:48 PM, said:

nothing has been so far, except most of my dire predictions on player behavior.

My gawd... I'm turning into Roadbeer!

You either die a White Knight or live long enough to see yourself become Roadbeer.

#26 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:58 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 26 January 2015 - 12:37 PM, said:

>cough< Phase 3: Logistics >cough<

Cough Working on CW, 90 days from launch, cough, 90 days from Phoenix,cough, players will never have to drop with 3PV players if they don't choose to, cough, role warfare.

Just clearing my throat and remembering other things PGI said, cough, how'd those things work out? :rolleyes:

#27 Hutijin

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts
  • LocationPhoenix

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:58 PM

View PostProphetic, on 26 January 2015 - 11:01 AM, said:

The issue is trial mechs. Specifically IS trial mechs. I would always run a clan trial deck as a new player to even have a chance.

Again CW was meant to be the end game content for those who want to add more to the MWO experience and to face like minded 12 mans.

You guys better hope it's not geared for "end game 12 mans" or this game will die from lack of funds. When you close off a big part of your pay base with things like that.... Well lets just say you pre-mades better start recruiting a HECK of a lot of firends to pay for your game.

#28 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:59 PM

View PostTriordinant, on 26 January 2015 - 12:53 PM, said:

Neither VOIP nor a separate solo-only CW queue will make a big difference. Complete explanation here.

You've either come a long way, baby, or your explanations have. :)

#29 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:00 PM

View PostFaith McCarron, on 26 January 2015 - 12:56 PM, said:

Allow me to introduce you to the "12 man clan curbstomp pouring over the closed gates 30 seconds after the match starts" or the "12 Lights with broken hitboxes zerg the objectives while hapless pugs with no aim fail to shoot them" or the "your 11 teammates shoot the gate doors for 5 minutes and wonder why it doesn't open"

The screaming light Zerg is easily vanquished with a pack of streak-crows (aka the Cheesewheel).

Its lame as hell, but it works.

.....and yeah, screw around forming at the start and people are going to charge you, specially when the planet is up for grabs, no one cares about your experience, they need to get in and get out. Period.

#30 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:00 PM

View PostRG Notch, on 26 January 2015 - 12:58 PM, said:

Cough Working on CW, 90 days from launch, cough, 90 days from Phoenix,cough, players will never have to drop with 3PV players if they don't choose to, cough, role warfare.

Just clearing my throat and remembering other things PGI said, cough, how'd those things work out? :rolleyes:

See much 3pv lately? Particularly in CW? ^_^

#31 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:01 PM

View PostNori Silverrage, on 26 January 2015 - 11:46 AM, said:

... I have tried in many mechs to engage the 9S, pretty much solo, at all engagement ranges. ...
There's part of the problem you're experiencing. Give a group of 9S multiple targets that are torso twisting and moving quickly and the 9S's will be hard put to take them down.

Let me be clear on my position: I agree that the quirks for the 9S are overdone and should be dialed back somewhat significantly, but even now in its current state, there are ways to easily counter it, such as gen rushing, closing distance, and mobbing. The 9S honestly isn't that great on hot maps like Sulphurous, we're just getting the worst of it because 50% of the maps in CW are bloody cold and really help high energy builds.

Hopefully some of it's quirk power gets simply transferred over to the Awesome where it belongs.

#32 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:02 PM

View PostHutijin, on 26 January 2015 - 12:58 PM, said:

You guys better hope it's not geared for "end game 12 mans" or this game will die from lack of funds. When you close off a big part of your pay base with things like that.... Well lets just say you pre-mades better start recruiting a HECK of a lot of firends to pay for your game.

I still fail to understand why grouping in a competitive TEAM based shooter is considered bad.

If you can't be bothered to join a unit and get on coms the public queue --------------->
Seriously, you can flail about with the rest of the bads casuals and MAKE MORE MONEY DOING IT.

#33 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:07 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 26 January 2015 - 01:00 PM, said:

See much 3pv lately? Particularly in CW? ^_^

LOL way to miss the point but please go on being obtuse. Maybe phase 3 was just their position at the time? :rolleyes:

#34 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:08 PM

View PostYokaiko, on 26 January 2015 - 01:02 PM, said:

I still fail to understand why grouping in a competitive TEAM based shooter is considered bad.

If you can't be bothered to join a unit and get on coms the public queue --------------->
Seriously, you can flail about with the rest of the bads casuals and MAKE MORE MONEY DOING IT.

You're correct to say CW isn't a good place for PUGs. Full explanation here.

#35 Nori Silverrage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 332 posts

View PostYokaiko, on 26 January 2015 - 01:02 PM, said:

Yes but even in a unit it is hard to get 12 people together a lot of the times. Heck lately no one wants to do more than one or two CW drops especially when you wait 20m.
A full lance is much more doable but is only 1/3 of the team. I for one would find it interesting to try a 4v4 or 8v8 match so that smaller groups feel like they can make more of a difference.

#36 Shlkt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 319 posts

Boreal Vault is a nightware for any undisciplined team, regardless of the equipment used. The long sight lines mean that a lack of discipline causes PUGs to respond in the worst way possible: poking and hiding. The opponent gets to play whack-a-mole until your entire team is dead.

The TDR-9S has two weaknesses which you must exploit: (relatively) low top speed and (relatively) poor sustained damage output. You can either move around them, via a light rush, or charge straight at them and brawl. But neither of these options will work for an undisciplined team. You need 100% participation for either method to work.

Inner Sphere PUGs have the exact same problem trying to deal with Clan laser vomit. The TDR-9S might be FOTM, but any long range tactic employed by an organized 12-man will yield similar results vs. undisciplined, uncoordinated random players.

#37 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:10 PM

View PostRG Notch, on 26 January 2015 - 01:07 PM, said:

LOL way to miss the point but please go on being obtuse. Maybe phase 3 was just their position at the time? :rolleyes:

Oh I got the point: "PGI Lies. Don't believe anything they tell you."

I chose to ignore it as the irrelevant noise of a thought terminating statement

#38 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:13 PM

View PostNori Silverrage, on 26 January 2015 - 01:08 PM, said:

Yes but even in a unit it is hard to get 12 people together a lot of the times. Heck lately no one wants to do more than one or two CW drops especially when you wait 20m.
A full lance is much more doable but is only 1/3 of the team. I for one would find it interesting to try a 4v4 or 8v8 match so that smaller groups feel like they can make more of a difference.

We drop with 4-6 all of the time, you win some you lose some, my unit only ever gets to twelve if all hands are on deck and we bring a friend or two.

Drop with a 12 on the other side, you are likely going to lose, so what, its not nearly as common as people make it out to be.

View PostKjudoon, on 26 January 2015 - 01:10 PM, said:

Because PGI does indeed lie, frequently.

#39 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:14 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 26 January 2015 - 01:10 PM, said:

Oh a better thought terminating statement is trust them (despite past evidence) and wait and everything will get better. Again carry on, PGI isn't going to defend themselves now. Get out there and tell people that it's just a beta, or launch is a line in the sand, or that was their position at the time. I'm sure CW will be some great in depth strategic and tactical master piece in oh say 90 days .... :rolleyes:

#40 Caleb Brightmore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 196 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:15 PM

View PostYokaiko, on 26 January 2015 - 01:00 PM, said:

The screaming light Zerg is easily vanquished with a pack of streak-crows (aka the Cheesewheel).

Its lame as hell, but it works.

.....and yeah, screw around forming at the start and people are going to charge you, specially when the planet is up for grabs, no one cares about your experience, they need to get in and get out. Period.

That is until after failing miserably they use ECM lights which render your streaks little more than extra tonnage, and then you use clan BAP, which is only good at very close range, and we have a war, as to which team brought more of the other to counter the counter, and the cycle continues lol

View PostB A B Y D O L L, on 26 January 2015 - 12:10 PM, said:

I suspect numbers are dropping off, what do PGI do? Cut their losses?

I pray not.

Praying with you :/

Edited by Caleb Brightmore, 26 January 2015 - 01:16 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users