388 replies to this topic

#41 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:18 PM

View PostRG Notch, on 26 January 2015 - 01:14 PM, said:

Oh a better thought terminating statement is trust them (despite past evidence) and wait and everything will get better. Again carry on, PGI isn't going to defend themselves now. Get out there and tell people that it's just a beta, or launch is a line in the sand, or that was their position at the time. I'm sure CW will be some great in depth strategic and tactical master piece in oh say 90 days .... :rolleyes:

Just like knockdowns were coming back, there would never be pay to win consumables, no 3PV, we have the license for the IP, CW was going o be 90 days after release, real 2.0 heatsinks, 3 second jenners, 6mg spiders (that didn't exist at the time)

........it goes on and on and on.

View PostCaleb Brightmore, on 26 January 2015 - 01:15 PM, said:

That is until after failing miserably they use ECM lights which render your streaks little more than extra tonnage, and then you use clan BAP, which is only good at very close range, and we have a war, as to which team brought more of the other to counter the counter, and the cycle continues lol

Praying with you :/

You need to under 180m to get the streaks to hit anyway, and if you are running heavy streaks WITHOUT BAP you are plain out doing it wrong.

.....eitherway, I have a pair of streak crows in my drop deck for that reason, the light zerg is real, either deal with it or lose.

#42 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:19 PM

View PostYokaiko, on 26 January 2015 - 01:02 PM, said:

I still fail to understand why grouping in a competitive TEAM based shooter is considered bad.

If you can't be bothered to join a unit and get on coms the public queue --------------->
Seriously, you can flail about with the rest of the bads casuals and MAKE MORE MONEY DOING IT.

I don't think he is saying grouping into teams is bad. What he *IS* saying is the attitude that many team players have, which is what you just articulated, which is basically saying "EFF the pugs", will drive off a lot of players, and if you drive off every player who is not on a comp team, you have an unsustainable business model. You whine when they complain about teams, yet you are doing the EXACT same thing towards the pugs. There has to be some kind of balance, where both sides have a good player experience and so stick around and spend money.

#43 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:22 PM

View PostRG Notch, on 26 January 2015 - 01:14 PM, said:

Oh a better thought terminating statement is trust them (despite past evidence) and wait and everything will get better. Again carry on, PGI isn't going to defend themselves now. Get out there and tell people that it's just a beta, or launch is a line in the sand, or that was their position at the time. I'm sure CW will be some great in depth strategic and tactical master piece in oh say 90 days .... :rolleyes:

No... that's not what I said either. You have no trust. That's blatantly obvious. I have neither trust nor distrust, but a wait and see attitude. They say the're going to do X, okay, let's see if you do it.

But since you want to play 'gotcha' with PGI and trying it with me as well, I'm done talking to you.

#44 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:23 PM

View PostFaith McCarron, on 26 January 2015 - 01:19 PM, said:

I don't think he is saying grouping into teams is bad. What he *IS* saying is the attitude that many team players have, which is what you just articulated, which is basically saying "EFF the pugs", will drive off a lot of players, and if you drive off every player who is not on a comp team, you have an unsustainable business model. You whine when they complain about teams, yet you are doing the EXACT same thing towards the pugs. There has to be some kind of balance, where both sides have a good player experience and so stick around and spend money.

PUBLIC QUEUE

If you are that scared of getting your anti-social-vitual-willy smacked in a team based game BY A TEAM you have the public queue where the big bad teams can't hurt you.

Its right there, I dealt with PGI ACTIVELY restricting my team play for YEARS (remember no teams between 4 and 8/12) because these anti-social neckbeards wouldn't STFU, they can get out I really don't care if CW is fair to dabblers. At all.

View PostKjudoon, on 26 January 2015 - 01:22 PM, said:

No... that's not what I said either. You have no trust. That's blatantly obvious. I have neither trust nor distrust, but a wait and see attitude. They say the're going to do X, okay, let's see if you do it.

But since you want to play 'gotcha' with PGI and trying it with me as well, I'm done talking to you.

His point is backed up by real events in PGI's history.

PGI hasn't been up and up with us ...basically ever.

#45 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:25 PM

View PostYokaiko, on 26 January 2015 - 01:23 PM, said:

PUBLIC QUEUE

If you are that scared of getting your anti-social-vitual-willy smacked in a team based game BY A TEAM you have the public queue where the big bad teams can't hurt you.

Its right there, I dealt with PGI ACTIVELY restricting my team play for YEARS (remember no teams between 4 and 8/12) because these anti-social neckbeards wouldn't STFU, they can get out I really don't care if CW is fair to dabblers. At all.

His point is backed up by real events in PGI's history.

PGI hasn't been up and up with us ...basically ever.

Till they kicked IGP to the curb. Then things got better. NOT PERFECT... better.

Again... wait and see.

Edited by Kjudoon, 26 January 2015 - 01:26 PM.

#46 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:26 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 26 January 2015 - 01:25 PM, said:

Till they kicked IGP to the curb. Then things got better.

Again... wait and see.

Yeah, it was ALL IGP the entire time, of course.

You actually believe that?

#47 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:27 PM

View PostYokaiko, on 26 January 2015 - 01:26 PM, said:

No. But I can see a marked improvement of deliverables and communication.

Again... BETTER.

#48 RG Notch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:28 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 26 January 2015 - 01:22 PM, said:

Excellent, you've got nothing to counter my truth with but the same old wait and have patience that has been the war cry of the PGI defender's from the start. So go and wait see. Some people have already waited and this is what all that waiting led to. A half assed mode and the promise of more waiting. I'm sure the already massive player base is ready for months more of waiting. I'm sure new players will be happy to wait too. I mean who doesn't like more waiting on top of 2 years of waiting. I mean PGI said it will be soon improved and it's not like the previous times PGI said things like this because they were selling something, wait they are still selling packs and oh what's that new Clan mechs in the gift store. Well OK so PGI has previously made big promises when they were selling things, but this time I'm sure , really really sure it will be different. I mean 3 years of stellar development sure show they can get things done.

#49 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:29 PM

The thing about the 9S and how not-fun it is to drop against is pretty much how IS players feel dropping against Stormcrows, Timberwolves, and Whales. I know it's fun to pop a mech with one alpha, but think about how not-fun that is for the person at the other end of that 100+ point alpha.

The 9S isn't necessarily OP - it's the only option that the IS has to deal with Clan range.

#50 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:29 PM

View PostYokaiko, on 26 January 2015 - 01:26 PM, said:

I'm sure it had nothing to do with the epic failure of their non hostage IP project, nope must have been big bad IGP.

#51 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:31 PM

View PostBigbacon, on 26 January 2015 - 10:29 AM, said:

but...but...its beta someone will say....

can't keep hiding behind that.

Why not?

It IS beta....so why act like it is something it is not?

#52 Docta Dakka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 173 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:35 PM

please see this: http://metamechs.com...ists/comp-list/
clanners already own nearly all tier 1 mechs. IS only has a few long range mechs that can compete, therefore you have alot of TDR-9Ss. Because they work there are complaints. its funny to me that a clanner is complaining about imbalanced mechs. the problem i think you are having is coordinated teams versus non-coordinated teams. are you in an active unit? ingame voip is going to be nerdrage in your ear. if you type out an order and no one listens, it wouldnt be any different when you scream in their ear. 95% of the pugminded people are going to turn that crap off day 1. i cant wait to hear some prepubescent kid with a squeaky voice going off on someone. i think the ingame voip is going to be very funny! aka the infamous onyxia wipe. 12 man team vs pure pugs should never happen. 12 vs 6/6 fine but 12 vs 1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1/1/2 is just painful.

Edited by Misfir3, 26 January 2015 - 02:03 PM.

#53 Cruxs

• PipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 93 posts
  • LocationMy parents basment.

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:40 PM

Its not the Thunderbolt 9S or the SRM vomit Indestructible Stromcrows, or the can't get killed by an XL blowout 90 kph 75 ton Timberwolf with laser vomit, not to mention the 6 Hellbringers with ECM that is the main issue. Both sides have pros and cons unfortunately the IS has a one trick pony right now, and it is effective.

Any organized 12 man against a pug group is the problem. I've been in a pug group and we get stomped by 12 mans. I've been in 12 mans and we have stomped pugs. Both suck, getting stomped more so. I've also played what appear to be pug on pug matches that have been close and fun. The same with 12 vs 12 matches.

The Issue is PUGS PLAYING AGAINST 12 MAN AND 10 MAN GROUPS ON COMMS.

This was a problem PGI dealt with in the regular game play and for some reason they thought it wouldn't be a problem in CW.

Pugs should play pugs, groups should play groups. Its that simple.

#54 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:42 PM

View Postcruxholzer, on 26 January 2015 - 01:40 PM, said:

Its not the Thunderbolt 9S or the SRM vomit Indestructible Stromcrows, or the can't get killed by an XL blowout 90 kph 75 ton Timberwolf with laser vomit, not to mention the 6 Hellbringers with ECM that is the main issue. Both sides have pros and cons unfortunately the IS has a one trick pony right now, and it is effective.

Any organized 12 man against a pug group is the problem. I've been in a pug group and we get stomped by 12 mans. I've been in 12 mans and we have stomped pugs. Both suck, getting stomped more so. I've also played what appear to be pug on pug matches that have been close and fun. The same with 12 vs 12 matches.

The Issue is PUGS PLAYING AGAINST 12 MAN AND 10 MAN GROUPS ON COMMS.

This was a problem PGI dealt with in the regular game play and for some reason they thought it wouldn't be a problem in CW.

No groups can play groups, and pugs can keep that [Redacted] in the pub queue.

#55 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:43 PM

View PostFaith McCarron, on 26 January 2015 - 12:56 PM, said:

Allow me to introduce you to the "12 man clan curbstomp pouring over the closed gates 30 seconds after the match starts" or the "12 Lights with broken hitboxes zerg the objectives while hapless pugs with no aim fail to shoot them" or the "your 11 teammates shoot the gate doors for 5 minutes and wonder why it doesn't open"

This one. Even the 9S superspam (which, at most, I've only seen 4-5 at any one time, but I'll admit I'm usually dropping AGAINST the Clans. Still that's what I see on my side at any one time - it's a lot of ERPPCs, for sure, but it's hardly 12 of them). But the "Crow/Timber Deathball" is practically impossible to stop. You can't do enough damage before they're standing in front of Omega. Then the game's over.

#56 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:45 PM

View Postcruxholzer, on 26 January 2015 - 01:40 PM, said:

While I wholeheartedly agree with this statement, it probably won't work in CW. See the 4th paragraph here.

#57 Caleb Brightmore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 196 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:53 PM

Without having to multi quote and run the risk of possibly taking a comment out of context allow me to explain my earlier comment.

The point is that yes the light rush is real, so is Clan tech packing a punch, so is 9Sx12, so is in theory Dual Gauss+comsx12, so are a lot of things.

However if you pug drop/12man comp drop you will never see a 12 man with 12x9S in a regular non CW match, so to nerf something that is only useful in one version of the game isn't really an option imo.

The reason is what if you bring 9S and they zerg, as stated above then what?

On either side you are at a loss and serverely handicapped to the zerg (mobility vs aiming vs speed differential vs heat).

Let's say we nerf the 9S as the OP suggests and for the sake of arguement ONLY for CW mode.

It will just be replaced by some other long range system such as gauss, boated ER large, (Insert long range boat of your choice here)

It does not stop the zerg, it does not stop other types of boats, it does nothing but nerf a mech which when compared to the punch heavy and assault clan mechs pack is NOT OP.

Here is why if you choose to use 12x9S you are at the mercy of the other team in that if they have long range heat efficient builds such as dual gaussx12 virtually same alpha/range (not sure about quirks etc), zero heat (albeit a much easier mech to destroy if a Jager is used) not so much in a king crab.

AND you have to hope that you get the right comp against you.

All strategies no matter how annoying run the risk of a lucky guess counter strategy ruining the "fun"

Do I like 12x9S? No but I have never faced such a comp in CW to this day.

Biggest threat imo for what it is worth is the zerg rush, fear it as it is real I agree.

Will "get good" solve the issue, no I do not think so as from what I gather there are pilots far better than me who cannot beat 12x9S so I will defer to their opinion and say yes it's a bit broken but bringing that deck isn't the end solution to winning CW.

#58 Charkra

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:57 PM

I have had the exact opposite experience vs clans. As an IS player i find that i always get bulldozed by clans. They roll in with a bunch of dire whales. we barely fend them off. Then in comes like 3 waves of crows and timbers. The only hope IS has is thunderbolts.

#59 Cruxs

• PipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 93 posts
  • LocationMy parents basment.

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:03 PM

View PostTriordinant, on 26 January 2015 - 01:45 PM, said:

While I wholeheartedly agree with this statement, it probably won't work in CW. See the 4th paragraph here.

It may not work, if that is the case then PGI needs to go back to the original design. I believe CW will die without involving the pugs. People are always going to try to game the system. PGI could mitigate that by only allowing 3 players from any Unit into a pug drop, there by not allowing sync drops.

If people want to drop into different accounts to get around that then more power to them. If it means that much to them to win a planet then there is no stopping them. It could be a step in the right direction. For it to work without crazy wait time there would need to be a large player base looking for drops.

#60 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:08 PM

Visited the thread hoping for something new. Turns out, it's just a 9S whine thread with a misleading title.

Oh well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users