#1 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:39 PM

Make all matches, CW matches.[with the exclusion of "recruits" that are still on their bonus time]

This does several things, first off, it entirely fixes the "New Player Experience." It makes it so that new players get their chance to play in an environment conducive to their learning of the game. They are placed with similar skillevels and no longer have to worry about pro's farming them in the Pug Que [save for when those pro's make a new account] Sure we'd still need better tutorials, but this is one hell of a first step.

Secondly, this forces everyone into CW, CW is the "main game mode" right? So why are we letting everone **** around constantly in the non-primary mode. if people just want to get pickup games, private lobby's will still be a thing. So that forces CW into the spotlight. By forcing all the players into the CW que's, waittimes drop dramatically, and the gamemode will be *ghasp* Active!

Now this would of course require massive additional maps, a few new modes, ect.

Huh...you know, guys, maybe that's why CW IS CONSIDERED A BETA RELEASE!

People hop into CW right now, and complain about wait times... then leave... without realising that you have to stick around, or waittimes will continue to be longer. The more people we have dropping into CW, the lower the wait times will be.

So, the easy fix for that, is to either remove the standard "pug" gamemodes, or remove/heavily reduce the rewards for playing those gamemodes.

I'm just really tired of the CW naysayers coming in and complaining about how long the waittimes are in CW, without being willing to you know, up the numbers that are playing CW.

#2 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:43 PM

Errr, no.

#3 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:51 PM

Roll out the NOPE gifs, folks.

View PostFlash Frame, on 26 January 2015 - 01:39 PM, said:

People hop into CW right now, and complain about wait times... then leave... without realising that you have to stick around, or waittimes will continue to be longer. The more people we have dropping into CW, the lower the wait times will be.

This makes sense. The rest, not so much.

Edited by Harathan, 26 January 2015 - 01:54 PM.

#4 HARDKOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:53 PM

Throw out the rest of the game and make people play the two laggy beta maps only? That's a terrible idea.

#5 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:39 PM

View PostHARDKOR, on 26 January 2015 - 01:53 PM, said:

Throw out the rest of the game and make people play the two laggy beta maps only? That's a terrible idea.

Clearly you cannot read that I state we need more maps/modes before this is done.

Now this would of course require massive additional maps, a few new modes, ect.

#6 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:53 PM

Make all matches, CW matches.[with the exclusion of "recruits" that are still on their bonus time]

Not gonna happen. Want a complete overview? Check this.

#7 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:54 PM

I gotta say NOPE to this one, too. It'd be a beautiful disaster.

#8 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:04 PM

I think forcing people to play a certain way is always a good idea. I mean remember how happy everyone was when PGI took away the mode choice for a bit. I'm sure this will be as pleasantly and calmly recieved by the player base at large. :ph34r:

#9 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:57 PM

View PostRG Notch, on 26 January 2015 - 03:04 PM, said:

I think forcing people to play a certain way is always a good idea. I mean remember how happy everyone was when PGI took away the mode choice for a bit. I'm sure this will be as pleasantly and calmly recieved by the player base at large. :ph34r:

Everyone is going to complain about something.

"Clans are OP."
"IS Is OP"
"X weapon is OP because I died"
"earnings are to little"
"Earnings are too much"

you name it, someone will complain about it.

Guess what, the devs, are the ones making the game, they are the one's who get to dictate how we play the game they create. If tomorrow, they forced CW as the primary game mode, and took away earnings from "pug" play. I'd be 100% fine with it. If they shut down CW, and said "Well, here's the CW gamemodes for pug play..." I'd be fine with it. Because it would be how the devs intend for us to play the game.

This isn't a single player sandbox guys, you don't get to do whatever you want. It's a multiplayer shooter, which means, unless there are rules being enforced by the powers that be, you will see nothing but greifing tactics, and spoiled brats that think their way is always the right way.

Something...Somewhere, is going to have to give at this rate... I'm just really, really saddened right now, that the mode that was supposed to be the big part of the game. Is ignored by a majority of the playerbase due to problems said playerbase has caused. [ie low population numbers]

It's up to PGI to enforce how this game get's played, because clearly, the playerbase can't make that call, we have been for 3 years and the game's in a pretty **** state still yet.

Yes I know everyone wants "Muh choices!" but honestly, I don't think this community deserves choice anymore, myself included. Let PGI enforce how the game progresses and just deal.

#10 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:05 PM

View PostFlash Frame, on 26 January 2015 - 03:57 PM, said:

Everyone is going to complain about something.

"Clans are OP."
"IS Is OP"
"X weapon is OP because I died"
"earnings are to little"
"Earnings are too much"

you name it, someone will complain about it.

Guess what, the devs, are the ones making the game, they are the one's who get to dictate how we play the game they create. If tomorrow, they forced CW as the primary game mode, and took away earnings from "pug" play. I'd be 100% fine with it. If they shut down CW, and said "Well, here's the CW gamemodes for pug play..." I'd be fine with it. Because it would be how the devs intend for us to play the game.

This isn't a single player sandbox guys, you don't get to do whatever you want. It's a multiplayer shooter, which means, unless there are rules being enforced by the powers that be, you will see nothing but greifing tactics, and spoiled brats that think their way is always the right way.

Something...Somewhere, is going to have to give at this rate... I'm just really, really saddened right now, that the mode that was supposed to be the big part of the game. Is ignored by a majority of the playerbase due to problems said playerbase has caused. [ie low population numbers]

It's up to PGI to enforce how this game get's played, because clearly, the playerbase can't make that call, we have been for 3 years and the game's in a pretty **** state still yet.

Yes I know everyone wants "Muh choices!" but honestly, I don't think this community deserves choice anymore, myself included. Let PGI enforce how the game progresses and just deal.

You're right screw the community is good choice to get more players into the game. I definitely think its the player base's fault for the state of the game. **** these players who expect better, let the devs, who are experts at making grade z shovelware and console fishing games and who have demonstrated masterful skill in getting this game into almost beta shape after 3 years.

#11 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:22 PM

View PostRG Notch, on 26 January 2015 - 04:05 PM, said:

You're right screw the community is good choice to get more players into the game. I definitely think its the player base's fault for the state of the game. **** these players who expect better, let the devs, who are experts at making grade z shovelware and console fishing games and who have demonstrated masterful skill in getting this game into almost beta shape after 3 years.

Game's in a damn better place than it was in closed beta Notch.

The players can expect better, and hell we're getting better, slowly, but it's getting there. That's not going to change.

But what do YOU want? Huh? one of the cores of MWO was CW, CW is DYING, and it's not even out of ******* beta yet, and you know why CW's dying... because the playerbase has the choice to play another mode.

CW was ment to be the central pillar of design. CW IS THE PRIMARY GAMEMODE. it was always ment to be, yet no one's playing it, everyone's off dicking around in the same TDM modes we've had for 3 years, and it's ******* frustrating.

So it's less "Screw the players" and more "You've been playing a placeholder mode for 3 years, here's the real mode."

I'm not saying take away the private lobby's, I'm not saying take away the community's ability to do private leagues. I'm saying ENFORCE THE PRIMARY GAME MODE.

#12 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:57 PM

View PostFlash Frame, on 26 January 2015 - 04:22 PM, said:

Game's in a damn better place than it was in closed beta Notch.

The players can expect better, and hell we're getting better, slowly, but it's getting there. That's not going to change.

But what do YOU want? Huh? one of the cores of MWO was CW, CW is DYING, and it's not even out of ******* beta yet, and you know why CW's dying... because the playerbase has the choice to play another mode.

CW was ment to be the central pillar of design. CW IS THE PRIMARY GAMEMODE. it was always ment to be, yet no one's playing it, everyone's off dicking around in the same TDM modes we've had for 3 years, and it's ******* frustrating.

So it's less "Screw the players" and more "You've been playing a placeholder mode for 3 years, here's the real mode."

I'm not saying take away the private lobby's, I'm not saying take away the community's ability to do private leagues. I'm saying ENFORCE THE PRIMARY GAME MODE.

I don't know what pillars or what time period you are talking about. PGI has said different things at different times depending on what they were selling at the time. Where do you get that CW is the primary mode? From the dev logs before OB? Because I hate to tell you but the TDM queues are, have been and will for the foreseeable future be the main focus of this game. I know PGI is selling all the improvements they will make to CW and I'm sure 3 years from now if the game is alive it will look different, but I don't see any measurable changes coming anytime soon. I mean PGI's next big thing seems to be a THIRD count that THIRD map for this same mode. Of and I don't give a rat's **** about their talk about future plans, because those are merely their position at this time. PGI is often promising things when they have their hands out for packs or gift store purchases. It's the follow through after they are counting the money that falls short.
This game is primarily an arena shooter and will be for the near future. It certainly will be an arena shooter with a half assed CW mode when it launches on Steam, unless they delay Steam launch until next year. The TDM arena is the primary game. I wish it weren't but PGI puts the minimal in minimally viable product.

#13 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:35 PM

View PostRG Notch, on 26 January 2015 - 04:57 PM, said:

I don't know what pillars or what time period you are talking about. PGI has said different things at different times depending on what they were selling at the time. Where do you get that CW is the primary mode? From the dev logs before OB? Because I hate to tell you but the TDM queues are, have been and will for the foreseeable future be the main focus of this game. I know PGI is selling all the improvements they will make to CW and I'm sure 3 years from now if the game is alive it will look different, but I don't see any measurable changes coming anytime soon. I mean PGI's next big thing seems to be a THIRD count that THIRD map for this same mode. Of and I don't give a rat's **** about their talk about future plans, because those are merely their position at this time. PGI is often promising things when they have their hands out for packs or gift store purchases. It's the follow through after they are counting the money that falls short.
This game is primarily an arena shooter and will be for the near future. It certainly will be an arena shooter with a half assed CW mode when it launches on Steam, unless they delay Steam launch until next year. The TDM arena is the primary game. I wish it weren't but PGI puts the minimal in minimally viable product.

I'm beginning to wonder if you're stuck in the past Notch, not long ago, I was feeling much the same, till the PGI/IGP split, now hope has been rekindled... maybe you just need a break man, take off for a while, come back in half a year, see where things are.

#14 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:43 PM

View PostFlash Frame, on 26 January 2015 - 05:35 PM, said:

I'm beginning to wonder if you're stuck in the past Notch, not long ago, I was feeling much the same, till the PGI/IGP split, now hope has been rekindled... maybe you just need a break man, take off for a while, come back in half a year, see where things are.

It's not the ******* PGI/IGP split, it's the Transverse failure that led to any changes. I think you're just forgetting the past in favor of a brief change and desperation on PGI's part. So forget the past and be doomed to repeat it. I imagine if a lot of the people who felt the way I did took 6 months off this game might just shut down. The population is shamefully small. It's the cause of nearly all the issues in this game. The match maker might be fine if it had enough players to actually build matches from. CW might actually not be dead outside 2 hours before ceasefires if they were more players. PGI wouldn't need to hide things behind 3 month paywalls and constantly be selling packs if there were more players. But I'm sure 6 more months of stagnation will serve the game well.

#15 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:54 PM

View PostRG Notch, on 26 January 2015 - 05:43 PM, said:

It's not the ******* PGI/IGP split, it's the Transverse failure that led to any changes. I think you're just forgetting the past in favor of a brief change and desperation on PGI's part. So forget the past and be doomed to repeat it. I imagine if a lot of the people who felt the way I did took 6 months off this game might just shut down. The population is shamefully small. It's the cause of nearly all the issues in this game. The match maker might be fine if it had enough players to actually build matches from. CW might actually not be dead outside 2 hours before ceasefires if they were more players. PGI wouldn't need to hide things behind 3 month paywalls and constantly be selling packs if there were more players. But I'm sure 6 more months of stagnation will serve the game well.

Oh I'm very mindful of the past. You seem to forget I've been here since 2nd wave of closed beta. I've been part of this ride almost aslong as Vassago Rain.

Transverse was a ******* idea, and yeah, they screwed up, HARD with that. it bit them in the ass and they're trying to rectify that.

But there have been strides forward. at least we HAVE CW finally, at least they're trying. Hell they changed the cease fire wwindows so we could get more players, all of it. But instead, players have decided to sit around, with their thumbs up their asses... and not participate in the mode that was ment to sell this game.

Part of it is stagnation, players don't want to change their tactics, so it's easier to just grind C-bills in the standard gamemodes, because it's what we've done for 3 years already.

Another part of it is ease of play, Defending que's are filled because all defenders need to do is kick the enemy team's ass. Attack que's are barely filled because it requres actual tactics to push forward. And people seemingly don't want to think. This is clearly a failing on the community, and NOT on the devs.

So, how do we enforce CW gameplay, other than make it the only mode where you can make good c-bill earnings. That's the only option there is. Which means a shift away from the "Arena shooter" and pushing the focus into CW. That is the only way things will change, and that requries PGI to tell the community that "CW is the main game." and do something about it.

You can hate PGI all you want, but it really makes me wonder why you're still around Notch, if you're so rallied against any changes.

#16 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:57 PM

View PostHarathan, on 26 January 2015 - 01:51 PM, said:

Roll out the NOPE gifs, folks.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:04 PM

View PostFlash Frame, on 26 January 2015 - 05:54 PM, said:

Oh I'm very mindful of the past. You seem to forget I've been here since 2nd wave of closed beta. I've been part of this ride almost aslong as Vassago Rain.

Transverse was a ******* idea, and yeah, they screwed up, HARD with that. it bit them in the ass and they're trying to rectify that.

But there have been strides forward. at least we HAVE CW finally, at least they're trying. Hell they changed the cease fire wwindows so we could get more players, all of it. But instead, players have decided to sit around, with their thumbs up their asses... and not participate in the mode that was ment to sell this game.

Part of it is stagnation, players don't want to change their tactics, so it's easier to just grind C-bills in the standard gamemodes, because it's what we've done for 3 years already.

Another part of it is ease of play, Defending que's are filled because all defenders need to do is kick the enemy team's ass. Attack que's are barely filled because it requres actual tactics to push forward. And people seemingly don't want to think. This is clearly a failing on the community, and NOT on the devs.

So, how do we enforce CW gameplay, other than make it the only mode where you can make good c-bill earnings. That's the only option there is. Which means a shift away from the "Arena shooter" and pushing the focus into CW. That is the only way things will change, and that requries PGI to tell the community that "CW is the main game." and do something about it.

You can hate PGI all you want, but it really makes me wonder why you're still around Notch, if you're so rallied against any changes.

I'm agreeing blame the player base, I mean they took 3 years to get this half assed mode out. The player base is the one who prioritized selling mechs over developing the game. The player base has generally been the ones behind all the awful ideas and the ones who took dragged their feet while claiming they were working on CW. I say damn these players, they should be playing a mode that isn't fun for a lot of them, screw them and their ideas of fun.
Who's railed against change? I'm railing against people with silly ideas that won't come to pass any time soon. This game needs work soon or it won't be around long enough for any grand plans.

#18 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:07 PM

View PostRG Notch, on 26 January 2015 - 06:04 PM, said:

I'm agreeing blame the player base, I mean they took 3 years to get this half assed mode out. The player base is the one who prioritized selling mechs over developing the game. The player base has generally been the ones behind all the awful ideas and the ones who took dragged their feet while claiming they were working on CW. I say damn these players, they should be playing a mode that isn't fun for a lot of them, screw them and their ideas of fun.
Who's railed against change? I'm railing against people with silly ideas that won't come to pass any time soon. This game needs work soon or it won't be around long enough for any grand plans.

So what's your solution?

What needs to be changed?

What should be done right now?

#19 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:19 PM

View PostFlash Frame, on 26 January 2015 - 06:07 PM, said:

So what's your solution?

What needs to be changed?

What should be done right now?

CW is killing CW.

More maps. Less ****** game modes. Better balance overall. That's what's wrong with the game.

The playerbase is a totally different animal with it's own problems.

#20 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:46 AM

View PostFlash Frame, on 26 January 2015 - 02:39 PM, said:

Clearly you cannot read that I state we need more maps/modes before this is done.

He read. So did I.

Maybe you want to word this:

Differently.

Make everyone play in CW after teh 1st 25 matches.
Not everyone wants to fight in CW. Grinding new Mechs, for me at least is easier in Open Que. CW is where the actual game play is, not everyone wants to be in that environment. It is the competitive arena. Heck I have only won one match in CW and I like how it is different from PUG.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 27 January 2015 - 02:46 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users