Ppc And Er-Ppc Needing Nerfed Again.

93 replies to this topic

#1 Taynak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 180 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 11:24 AM

This is a call for both clan and innershpere.... the ppc's are everywhere... people are oping them and you have teams of 12 pugs with all ppc...

this game is just a pile of boring most of the time because of these imbalances... please fix this... would like to see more than one type of build out there..

#2 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 10 January 2015 - 11:28 AM

This is good for a laugh.

#3 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 10 January 2015 - 11:29 AM

This isn't a [ER]PPC problem, this is a problem with certain variants getting uber quirks. And some would argue that it's not much of a problem even then.

Seriously, is it really so bad for the game to have more valid weapon choices than just laser vomit?

Posted Image

#4 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 10 January 2015 - 11:30 AM

Um, no.

A few specific mechs need to have their PPC/ER-PPC related quirks nerfed. Nothing more. Far and wide, PPC/ER-PPCs are of themselves, lackluster at best.

Which is pretty laughable for "one of the most effective weapons" created.

#5 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 10 January 2015 - 11:32 AM

The weapons themselves aren't in a great spot; mechs with half heat make them popular.

Less heat than the 4/6 PPC Stalker era; let alone ERPPCs. Sub 3 second cooldown, 25% faster travel speed.

Still 800M/s slower than that era, but still easy to use.

Edited by Mcgral18, 10 January 2015 - 11:32 AM.

#6 DIrty Crazy Harry

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 11:36 AM

This game is already lame enough with all previous weapon-ETC.nerfs and all the reward nerfs and CW is lame as hell cant even get into a game. Fragging wait times for CW area total joke ya sure just go nerf the whole dammm game even more make it like COD a total nerfed hacked joke.

Then maybe PGI will sell the IP to someone that wants to make it a MechWarrior/BattleTech game not a frigging FPS crapp game.

#7 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 11:37 AM

Don't you dare take my ERPPC AWesome 9M away from me

#8 Xythius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 343 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 11:52 AM

So, met me get this straight. You want to take the -worst- direct-fire energy weapon in the game - and make it worse?

Aside from the Thunderbolt 9S & the Awesome 8Q, ERPPC/PPC's are, well, useless. You may be seeing them a lot on those two chassis, mostly the TDR I am sure, but you are most certainly not seeing 12 pugs with PPC's.

But, by all means, feel free to throw a rage-filled hyperbolic post on the forums asking for yet another nerf to a horridly under-performing weapon.

#9 Mirumoto Izanami

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 11:57 AM

CW yet again causing players to make a problem out of something that isn't actually a problem.

#10 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:01 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 10 January 2015 - 11:30 AM, said:

Um, no.

A few specific mechs need to have their PPC/ER-PPC related quirks nerfed. Nothing more. Far and wide, PPC/ER-PPCs are of themselves, lackluster at best.

Which is pretty laughable for "one of the most effective weapons" created.

Well, to be honest, it's called a Particle Projector Cannon Not a Particle Projector Sniper Rifle. If it's going to be "one of the most effective weapons" created, it needs to act like a battle cannon that uses heat instead of ammo.

That is to say, Bishop, I'd like to see changes to the PPC that slightly improve it.

Edited by Techorse, 10 January 2015 - 01:24 PM.

#11 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:03 PM

My idea

General changes:
PPC heat 10->9 and restore the linear damage dropoff under 90mt
ERPPC heat 15->12
CERPPC heat 15->12

Then cut in half the heat bonus on the 9S (25% total), the Awesome would be OK.

#12 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:03 PM

View PostTechorse, on 10 January 2015 - 12:01 PM, said:

Well, to be honest, it's called a Particle Projector Cannon Not a Particle Projector Sniper Rifle. If it's going to be "one of the most effective weapons" created, it needs to act like a battle cannon that uses heat instead of ammo.

That is to say, Bishop, I'd like to see changes to the PPC that slightly improve it, but change it away from the PPFLD "rifle" it's become.

it was always a long range gun in Btech.

#13 Mirumoto Izanami

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:04 PM

View PostTechorse, on 10 January 2015 - 12:01 PM, said:

Well, to be honest, it's called a Particle Projector Cannon ...
...That is to say, Bishop, I'd like to see changes to the PPC that slightly improve it, but change it away from the PPFLD "rifle" it's become.

I think you need to re assess what you know about gun related terminology, if you think a cannon is synonymous with short range or inaccuracy.

Edited by Mirumoto Izanami, 10 January 2015 - 12:32 PM.

#14 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:10 PM

PPCs kinda suck right now. ERPPCs are only ok on the 9S and 9M, on everything else they are generally too hot to be worth it. C-ERPPCs are super hot for not much benefit compared to a LPL or ERLL. I use C-ERPPCs a bit but they are by no means a great weapon right now. If you get in close against them the user cannot fight you very effectively because of heat issues. If you die up close against CERPPCs it's because they are a better pilot that you plain and simple

#15 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:10 PM

Posted Image

#16 MarineTech

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts
  • LocationRunning rampant in K-Town

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:28 PM

Posted Image

#17 Iron Felix

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:32 PM

forget the nerfing...relax the heat penalties in general across the board and we will see more enjoyable gaming...its nice to have weapons that feel powerful, so lets have more, not less...increase the travel speeds of higher caliber ballistics, and speed up their firing rate ( the time between the first and last round in an A/C barrage)... decrease laser duration times..be able to link more same type weapons without heat spiking...remove the gauss rifle restriction on firing more than 2 at once...lets have a game with weapons that actually feel like they are doing something other than giving away your positon....increase the long ranges to a much higher percentage of maximum range....you know, make this game fun to play, instead of a steady stream of frustrating little needle ****** until a mech just gathers enough of them to fall over....use of cover and stealth tactics would certainly improve if the game had an overall faster pace...
just my opinion...

Edited by Iron Felix, 10 January 2015 - 12:40 PM.

#18 Ryoko Kombat

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:10 PM

View PostTaynak, on 10 January 2015 - 11:24 AM, said:

This is a call for both clan and innershpere.... the ppc's are everywhere... people are oping them and you have teams of 12 pugs with all ppc...

this game is just a pile of boring most of the time because of these imbalances... please fix this... would like to see more than one type of build out there..

Posted Image

#19 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:19 PM

View PostMirumoto Izanami, on 10 January 2015 - 12:04 PM, said:

I think you need to re assess what you know about gun related terminology, if you think a cannon is synonymous with short range or inaccuracy.

Well, what a "cannon" is has changed over time. I assure you a modern cannon is way longer ranged and more accurate than the "older" definition of cannon (what was on pirate ships).

That being said, to clarify, what I'd really want is for the PPC hitbox to match the graphic so that it could remain a medium/long range weapon, hit more often, and be fast enough to not be a pain in the butt to use, yet slow enough to not be a "reach out and touch them" weapon. This means scaling up the hitbox and slightly increasing the speed again in MWO.

Sorry, hard to tell I didn't want a radical change from the post I made. I would like it to not be PPFLD either, but that's because I'm biased against that.

Edited by Techorse, 10 January 2015 - 01:20 PM.

#20 jackal40

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 180 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:00 PM

No - just no.

Stop calling for nerfs to this or that. Stop whinning about this mech being better than that mech.

Just stop.

PGI looks at metrics - they decide when "X" is too good and needs to adjusted or when something needs to be improved.

Every time you start one of these threads, you are just poring gasoline on a raging fire in an abandoned warehouse.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users