118 replies to this topic

#101 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:14 PM

View Postcranect, on 30 January 2015 - 11:13 PM, said:

Obviously you can trust us. We haven't told them about how you keep all the good stuff beneath the omega cannon in a vault. Wait ummm just forget I said anything...

Right,
I only told them about the cold tacos that were sitting in the snow for a couple hours.

#102 Eider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 540 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:38 PM

People are still playing cw? i salute all 3 of you o7

#103 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:44 PM

Well, anything is better than the public derp queue

#104 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:51 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 30 January 2015 - 11:44 PM, said:

I've switched to actual videogames that aren't AAA F2P living products.

#105 Arrgyle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:22 AM

View Postreign, on 29 January 2015 - 01:37 PM, said:

I have a great deal of respect for the organized Dragon forces.. they are very tough to fight. I Know I have to put my game face on and not waste anything when going against them.

I hope that we get to see a lot more of you guys shortly (honestly) I occasionally like pug stomp but they are boring IMHO. Give me a great match against AtomicCore or one of the other great players. that's what is fun. Salute.

And everything that is killing CW for everyone is right here in this post.

#106 SteelWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 January 2015 - 01:28 AM

For a first era CW, its great. Has problems but i really enjoy the faction rivalries. For me its the "personal grudges" and such on the forums and in game that make my day.

#107 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 31 January 2015 - 01:52 AM

View PostChameleon257, on 30 January 2015 - 10:39 PM, said:

I loved playing with you Valar13 and MischiefSC tonight it was really fun. All though I didn't find the tacos you've hidden in the Omega

Those were some great matches. Win or lose, everyone played hard, and we had what felt like the start of some real victories (including a small handful of actual victories) on our side, finally. Lost the planet, but I'll take it.

#108 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:14 AM

View PostValar13, on 31 January 2015 - 01:52 AM, said:

Those were some great matches. Win or lose, everyone played hard, and we had what felt like the start of some real victories (including a small handful of actual victories) on our side, finally. Lost the planet, but I'll take it.

I know it isn't easy at times but you keep coming back. Look at the bright side, these vicious fights you have will definitely be good prep for the eventual inevitable Clan Wars. Believe me ... I tried to take lessons anytime I was stomped.

View PostRoadbeer, on 30 January 2015 - 11:44 PM, said:

THIS ... 2000 likes for this man! Public Queue isn't really for me anymore.

#109 Suzumiya Haruhi no Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 413 posts
  • Locationjapan

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:13 AM

good job minnasan

#110 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:49 PM

we took a planet that was being lost to the clans at 66% and dropped it to 13 by ceasefire within an hour. good job tonight kuritans, we can keep rolling this into bigger and bigger things

#111 -Natural Selection-

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 01 February 2015 - 11:13 AM

I salute the Kurs that have continued the fight in CW, while I see many that have stopped citing "it is broke or will be restset".

Many of us are using this time of easier opposition to train new members, new players, and work out different strats that may be effective for whatever is to come. I know some may see it as a waste of time, but some ofthose may be sorry they didn't use the current situation to their advantage later.

#112 SteelWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 February 2015 - 01:19 PM

The dragon awakens from its slumber

Posted Image

Another 6 man group not pictured, and this is just the Euro units, give it a few more hours and NKVA/NS/9th will be relieving them.

House Kurita - On the offensive 24 hours a day :P

Edited by SteelWarrior, 01 February 2015 - 01:24 PM.

#113 UniquePilotName

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 74 posts
  • LocationDreaming of a "Smokey" Terra

Posted 02 February 2015 - 01:15 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 29 January 2015 - 12:15 PM, said:

Gonna be a long time until that happens and you have to move th rock that is PGI, we never asked for the help but the Mercs saw the Cbill go up and saw how vulnerable the DC was and made that decision on their own.

If it was my way....Mercs would NOT be able to fight for the Clans.

The flip flop and sudden surge of numbers also hurt us....we could not even get matched going because the mercs clogged the queues to fight the PUGS. I have not played CW much in the past 2 weeks because i dont want to attack GB (find it pointless at this time) and the Mercs have planets at 100% before i even get off work.

Really made CW very, very boring for me. Welcome to Merc Warfare everyone!

so help other clans defend their worlds to promote good will amongst clanners. maybe que up to prevent IS counter attacks so we ensure a planet is ours. there are options

#114 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:08 AM

View PostMickey Knoxx, on 01 February 2015 - 11:13 AM, said:

I salute the Kurs that have continued the fight in CW, while I see many that have stopped citing "it is broke or will be restset".

It IS broke and will be reset, but farming clanners is easy and lucrative, so why not take advantage. Dear Coordinator Smiles, and also pays extra for dead clanners.

#115 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:48 AM

the idea that this game will go on steam and NOT have the factions completely reset is pretty ridiculous. Of course it will.

#116 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:44 AM

View PostYCSLiesmith, on 02 February 2015 - 06:48 AM, said:

the idea that this game will go on steam and NOT have the factions completely reset is pretty ridiculous. Of course it will.

Even if it is reset, which I think 80% of the playerbase thinks will/should happen, treating this beta as anything other than "game-serious" is a bad both in mindset and for the game. PGI needs data showing players acting as they would if this was a fully functional and released CW, to tweak and fix issues that come up.

#117 Kdogg788

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:08 AM

For one they need to do something about the contract situation for mercs. Bonuses should be maximized based on contract length. At this point, it's just a bunch of large units transferring every week or two and chasing bonuses. This is the only way to see any sort of continuity or stabilization within the CW mode. On top of this, add more modes. The current generator kill mode is a little on dimensional. I've had a good time thusfar but it needs a lot of work still. Lastly, they need to have an eventual goal of at least ten maps, of which maps that are assigned in groups to particular worlds based on temperature and level of habitation. For example you could have a cold inhospitable planet where maps like Boreal are the norm, and also highly developed urban planets with cities, ports, and factories to defend or destroy.

-k

Edited by Kdogg788, 02 February 2015 - 10:08 AM.

#118 PerfectDuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 328 posts
  • LocationLenexa, KS

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:22 AM

Earth has deserts, tundra, steamy jungle, mountain belts, ocean coasts, and even an entire continent covered in glacial ice.

#119 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:56 PM

View PostLord Ikka, on 02 February 2015 - 08:44 AM, said:

Even if it is reset, which I think 80% of the playerbase thinks will/should happen, treating this beta as anything other than "game-serious" is a bad both in mindset and for the game. PGI needs data showing players acting as they would if this was a fully functional and released CW, to tweak and fix issues that come up.

There is a distinction to note; it's important for PGI to take CW very seriously and for us to take it seriously when it comes to offering feedback to the developers. It's arguably much less important for us to take the dots on the map seriously when discussing it with one another.

Edited by ChefGerstmann, 02 February 2015 - 03:56 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users