118 replies to this topic

#61 Johnny Two Legs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:21 PM

View PostSimon Osis, on 29 January 2015 - 08:16 AM, said:

You guys use to give us really good fights for hours, would even keep trying to push us when we would get a planet to 100% if there was still time to go till ceasefire.......Now you guys fight us till we get it to 100% and then you ninja vanish, when there is still plenty of time felt to try an change it.

I mean I know were good, just did not think we were that dominating over you to demoralize you like that.

Come back, we did no mean to be so ruff with you...

Obvious troll is obvious.
Also... gloating... really? Nice attitude.

J2L

#62 jajsamurai

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:11 PM

this whole thread is an almost exact duplicate of the thread some FRR idiot opened a few weeks ago. "why did clan wolf stop fighting us. what a bunch of babies" troll troll troll.

and then clan wolfs response was "TDR-9S is OP"

The real problem was the flood of mercs that came to FRR. it made us nearly unstoppable. we got LORD, 228, and QQ all at the same time.
The mercs aren't doing this on purpose. they see a side getting crushed, plus pgi puts an extra bounty on joining that faction and they all think "gee lots of enemies to fight, plus extra C-Bills. win win" the problem is they all do it, so they get the extra cbills, but no good fights because they are not coordinating with each other who is going to switch and who is going to stay.

There are too few people playing CW, so it easily gets out of balance leaving people unable to get a good match. ghost drops are not fun even if you take a planet. If there were some reward for taking a planet maybe more people could stomach the ghost drops. Ironically if more people could stomach a ghost drop it would actually happen less because more people on both sides would be playing CW and you would get real fights instead of ghost drops.

I suggest a solution to this. instead of having a bonus for ALL units that join a faction that you are trying to boost, just give the bonus to the FIRST unit to switch. You could have a lottery type system as well to say "you have been selected, do you wish to switch from CGB to FRR for a 4 week contract in order to receive an immediate prize of $XXXX?, breaking the contract early will cost you the normal penalty plus this prize." you could give the same prize to anyone currently in that faction that renews, but no one else would be eligible. You wouldn't get a flood of faction changes, just a trickle to even it out.

Get just one medium sized team to switch sides, and maybe a few singles, instead of every merc out there switching all at once. moderate balance tweek instead of over-correcting by a thousand percent.

I also recommend limiting the maximum number of simultaneous fights per planet to 5, and limiting the maximum number of ghost drops to 2 per hour.
If you are in the middle of a ghost drop when an enemy 12 man gets ready then it pulls you out of the ghost drop and re drops you into a real fight immediately.
drop the count down timer to ghost drop a ready 12 man team to 5 minutes instead of 10. the enemy can still stop you from taking it as long as they get a 12 man team ready before you finish killing the generator, so they still have about the same amount of time. 5 minutes on countdown and 5 minutes while you blow away generators.

#63 xMEPHISTOx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:39 PM

View Postpwnface, on 29 January 2015 - 05:01 PM, said:

The bigger Merc units have left or are on their way out, good luck gaining more ground against House Kurita now.

good, jags been getting lazy and fat with only pugs defending hk planets...

Posted Image

Edited by xMEPHISTOx, 29 January 2015 - 08:40 PM.

#64 -Natural Selection-

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:51 AM

View PostStealth Raptor, on 29 January 2015 - 08:27 AM, said:

nope, too much fun attacking davion, maybe you guys could come join us :D

Trust me, there are a good deal of us just wanting to get through you to them :ph34r:

#65 SgtKinCaiD

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationBordeaux

Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:24 AM

I second my kuritan brothers : there is no point in trying to defend the clan border when all the IS pugs are flocking our defense queues, getting rofltstomp, and sapping our wins.

Did you ever get paired with 5 guys in trial only drop deck ??? I have, and more than once. So, yeah from time to time the pugs are more organised, willing to play in group and we managed to get a win. But for one game like this, you get 7-8 terrible pugs roflstomps. I don't have the time for that.

#66 Lindonius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:50 AM

Personally, I find it utterly hilarious that the demise of my house is demonstrably attributable to this half-baked minimally viable as always PGI CW vomit bucket. Pugs desperate for matches flock to Kuritan borders because it's the only place where they can get a match with under a 15 minute wait time, and the Clan try-hards flock in their organised groups to stomp said pugs and then think their e-peens suitably stroked enough to come on here and brag about it.

The singular and only reason why Kurita is being rolled by these mouth breathers is because CW in it's current iteration sucks donkey bollocks.

Queue butt hurt memes from said clan spacktards typing barely coherent binfestery in one hand, while reaching in their pockets to buy PGI's latest cash grab in the other. Enjoy your purchases chaps, this game is going Hawken within 3 months of going on steam.

GG....Not even remotely close.

Edited by Lindonius, 30 January 2015 - 04:52 AM.

#67 Grynos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 221 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:03 AM

We know that Merc units are a major contributing factor in which factions/clans advance their planetary advances. I will say that from the Liao/Davion front I have seen it from both ends, as it stands right now , Davion does not have the majority of Merc Units that they had previously as well as Liao getting some help from Merc units recently. The real issue here is that the reason why the Merc Units are shifting from place to place with frequency. As it stands currently , it is better to be a Merc than a loyalist, especially when the rewards come out in CW... The best way to solve this issue , is to put Merc units on the same playing field as every other loyalist. Give them their own personal reputation, the LP they get from factions/clans would contribute to their own personal faction called "Mercs" . They would still be able to move around , but their matches would only contribute to their own faction.
With that done, then we can move onto how to stabilize the population imbalances that occur somewhat because of these Merc units.
This system is not as easy as the last but would solve some issues. PGI needs to create a algorithm , that calculates the population of a faction/clan and adjusts the payout based on the amount of population in said faction/clan...

But wait we already have that you say....

My system uses the one we have as well as one we do not. For loyalist units, there will not be much difference, other than breaking you loyalist contract will be more expensive, also if you break a loyalist contract and choose a different faction/clan to be a loyalist for you would have to pay your way in via c-bills. The prices for that would be determined by population of the new faction/clan..

Now for Merc units, your pay is directly tied to the population of a faction/clan currently. Here is an example..
We have 3 Merc units.. Alpha,Bravo Charlie. Alpha and Bravo have roughly 12-36 members, while Charlie has 60+ . Now they all have fulfilled their previous contracts. Alpha decides it is going to go back to Davion , looking at the contract it reveals that Davion is currently low on overall percentage population in MWO, taking the contract would benefit them by giving the Merc unit 125% LP and 125% c-bills of that factions current LP and C-bill payouts.. They decide to tell Bravo about it, but because of the shift of Alpha unit to Davion , when Bravo looks at the contract , taking the contract would give the Bravo unit only 105% LP and c-bill payout for the contract.... Charlie looks at the contract for Davion and sees that they would only get a 30% LP and c-bill payout, but then looks at Liao and sees that due to the changing populations, they would get 115% LP and c-bill payout from joining them..

In closing make Merc units actually have to shop around for the best deals, while penalizing Merc units that decide to flood a faction. That way population can be a little more regulated without having to put any hard population caps on anything.

#68 Aidan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 542 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:11 AM

PGI ... pay attention to this MWO Community member's last comment !

"I don't have the time for that."

PGI please address the rule set in MWO Community Warfare !

#69 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,251 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:24 AM

In a thread about pugs participating in CW, I politely asked them to stop defending our border so ghost drops can slow down your advances enough for us to make a difference. Hopefully they will comply with my request shortly.

View PostMickey Knoxx, on 30 January 2015 - 02:51 AM, said:

Trust me, there are a good deal of us just wanting to get through you to them :ph34r:

What, are you expecting more of a challenge? I guarantee you will have more of the same.

#70 Aidan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 542 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:35 AM

Grynos has a good idea. Let the MWO CW marketplace rewards influence where Merc units will prefer to go. Penalize Mercs for over population of a particular Clan or Faction and reward Merc units for an even distribution of MWO pilots in the MWO universe.

Possible rewards:

1. Monetary
2. Territory
3. Political

Possible penalties:

1. Remove force multipliers
2. Monetary
3. Time to engage in battle

Edited by Aidan, 30 January 2015 - 09:38 AM.

#71 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:37 AM

Why would you need to go through us to get them? They've been the main defensive line against you already whether we like it or not.

#72 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:51 AM

View PostLindonius, on 30 January 2015 - 04:50 AM, said:

Personally, I find it utterly hilarious that the demise of my house is demonstrably attributable to this half-baked minimally viable as always PGI CW vomit bucket. Pugs desperate for matches flock to Kuritan borders because it's the only place where they can get a match with under a 15 minute wait time, and the Clan try-hards flock in their organised groups to stomp said pugs and then think their e-peens suitably stroked enough to come on here and brag about it.

The singular and only reason why Kurita is being rolled by these mouth breathers is because CW in it's current iteration sucks donkey bollocks.

Queue butt hurt memes from said clan spacktards typing barely coherent binfestery in one hand, while reaching in their pockets to buy PGI's latest cash grab in the other. Enjoy your purchases chaps, this game is going Hawken within 3 months of going on steam.

GG....Not even remotely close.

This actually sums it up pretty well. I'll admit I've dropped a time or two in Kurita just because it's the only place where there would be a match available when I was playing. And yeah, you'd drop in with a variety of PUGs who treat it like Assault, and then wonder why they're down to their last mech while the enemy has only lost two mechs total.

#73 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,251 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:58 AM

View PostDawnstealer, on 30 January 2015 - 09:51 AM, said:

This actually sums it up pretty well. I'll admit I've dropped a time or two in Kurita just because it's the only place where there would be a match available when I was playing. And yeah, you'd drop in with a variety of PUGs who treat it like Assault, and then wonder why they're down to their last mech while the enemy has only lost two mechs total.

^^ Yeah...

So if one or two of our 12 - mans drops and wins, only to come out and see that CSJ has had 2-3 victories while we were playing, there is no point of dropping there.

So please OP, don't pretend that it is because you are "oh so good" that we can't handle it. We don't worry about the 12-man facing us, we worry about the 2-3 pugstomps in the background which we can do nothing to prevent.

#74 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:08 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 30 January 2015 - 09:58 AM, said:

^^ Yeah...

So if one or two of our 12 - mans drops and wins, only to come out and see that CSJ has had 2-3 victories while we were playing, there is no point of dropping there.

So please OP, don't pretend that it is because you are "oh so good" that we can't handle it. We don't worry about the 12-man facing us, we worry about the 2-3 pugstomps in the background which we can do nothing to prevent.

Well if we had enough 12 man groups we could flood the queue so that our wins would still outnumber our pug losses. We'd need quite a few 12 man groups to pull this off though.

#75 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:14 AM

View PostAidan, on 30 January 2015 - 09:35 AM, said:

Grynos has a good idea. Let the MWO CW marketplace rewards influence where Merc units will prefer to go. Penalize Mercs for over population of a particular Clan or Faction and reward Merc units for an even distribution of MWO pilots in the MWO universe.

Possible rewards:

1. Monetary
2. Territory
3. Political

Possible penalties:

1. Remove force multipliers
2. Monetary
3. Time to engage in battle

There should be a couple more mechanics at work: reward longevity, punish "quick-jumpers," base a lot on size (don't make this dirty).

So here goes:

REWARD LONGEVITY
Have the rewards ramp up over time. So if you work for a House or Clan for a week, you X, where X is pretty low. On the second week, it jumps to X x2, then X x3, and so on. Maybe they get a perk specific to that power (cheaper House-specific mechs, or weapons, or a House-specific grab-bag, or something along those lines). So the longer a merc unit works for a specific power, the better the incentive to stick around, whereas jumping ship comes at the cost of starting over.

The Wolf's Dragoons stayed with Houses for around five years before moving on. Granted, we're in a much accelerated timeline in this game, being able to instantly travel from one place to another, but some amount of loyalty should be rewarded.

PUNISH QUICK-JUMPERS
For the merc units that like to jump power to power every week, there should be a monetary hit. Maybe the longevity reward above would be enough? So there won't be this flood from one power to another every other week.

Maybe, if a Merc Unit stays with a power for only a week, they get a tag on their reputation as "disloyal" or something. And take a 10% hit on their earnings which is reduced by 5% per week they stay with the new power (so on the third week, they would begin normal earnings).

SIZE-BASED INCENTIVES
One of the problems is big merc units all jumping to the same power at the same time. Given the apparent numbers of players, this swing is more than any power can handle on their borders. Merc units are, by their nature, well-organized, likely on comms, and have been playing together. If even one out of five drops is against PUGs (and the reality is likely much, much higher), that's a huge advantage.

But the point of this would be rewards based on the size of the merc unit. This would be numbers of members and it wouldn't be hard to say each House or power could have 1-2 of units of, say, 50+ members; 3-5 of 20-49 members; 5+ of >19 members. [these are just numbers I'm pulling out of my hat - you could think of it as small, medium, large, and leave it at that]

This would limit huge, highly-skilled merc units all flocking to the same power and should balance things out a little. Smaller merc units would be less penalized for jumping quick, so you've have big "semi-loyalist" merc units that would stick with a power for a time, and smaller merc units that would go to hotspots.

Edited by Dawnstealer, 30 January 2015 - 10:40 AM.

#76 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,251 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:16 AM

View Postpwnface, on 30 January 2015 - 10:08 AM, said:

Well if we had enough 12 man groups we could flood the queue so that our wins would still outnumber our pug losses. We'd need quite a few 12 man groups to pull this off though.

Yes I had written a clause about flooding the queue with 5+ 12 mans but I took it out, because that is a tall order

#77 MahKraah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 192 posts
  • LocationSaffel Dierondistrict

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:33 AM

View PostZenFool, on 29 January 2015 - 05:43 PM, said:

Did the Kurita guy get upset that we defended their planet with some of our lower ranked players? Alienate everyone around you and find yourself looking like the FRR. We did keep an organized attacking unit occupied for longer than the pug group they would have gotten so your welcome.

As for that being a good match, meh. It wasn't a complete stomp, but we could have put up a better fight. Hope to see you on the field of battle again.

i was supprised to see this screen.
thats what i always say in the "we help you" discussion:
if you want to help on the clan front , be it steiner, frr or kurita, PLEASE send groupes of the sice of 8 AT LEAST better 12.
everything else is NO HELP AT ALL! its just farm crop harvested by the clans and is intrumental in financing and motivating there war afford.
you unit lost but gave its best, i sincerly thank you for this.

#78 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:22 AM

My question being, will people who felt that we shouldn't be attacking those actively defending against the Clans (which we did, once the message reached all of our units) feel the same when it's Davion fighting on four or five fronts?

And for that matter, will Steiner show us the same courtesy we've shown them by contributing to their defense as long as we were able? Hmmm.

Edited by Valar13, 30 January 2015 - 11:22 AM.

#79 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:26 AM

View Postpwnface, on 30 January 2015 - 10:08 AM, said:

You could call it Operation Wyvern 2.5 HD Remix

#80 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:46 AM

View PostValar13, on 30 January 2015 - 11:22 AM, said:

My question being, will people who felt that we shouldn't be attacking those actively defending against the Clans (which we did, once the message reached all of our units) feel the same when it's Davion fighting on four or five fronts?

And for that matter, will Steiner show us the same courtesy we've shown them by contributing to their defense as long as we were able? Hmmm.

I actually want to be able to defend Davion worlds, even tried to, but since you aren't on border with the Clans, I can't. So once it happens? Yeah - I'll be there on the CSJ/Davion front helping to defend. Then again, this IS beta and I'd assume they're going to bang some of the kinks out of this thing before too long. Then reset the borders.

In no way do I think this is the finished product

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users