118 replies to this topic

#21 Chameleon257

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 171 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:23 PM

View PostSimon Osis, on 29 January 2015 - 10:43 AM, said:

The Merc units that come to CSJ on temp contracts......were never invited by the perma-con CSJ units, we fight our own fights just fine ty..........as I look at the siege of your capital.

Pug stomps....when that dose happen, it your flat for leaving that CSJ front to your pug's.....dose this look like a pug stomp to you, cuz it sure don't to me
Posted Image

Hmm that suspiciously looks like Steiner not Kurita :)

#22 Ultra-Laser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 298 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:27 PM

View PostChameleon257, on 29 January 2015 - 12:23 PM, said:

Hmm that suspiciously looks like Steiner not Kurita :)

Come to think of it, aren't cats colorblind?

#23 $imon Osis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 272 posts
  • LocationYour sisters house eating her cookie & drinking her milk

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:36 PM

@Chameleon257 not my fault they came over to our front line. My point with the pic we do not choose to fight all-PuG teams, and they when we do get a organized unit against us we can handle our own. caught these guys back to back, both match's were really good fights, but sadly for SROT we prevailed on both match's.

And maybe wanted to........show off a lil bit. As this is the best CW match I've had yet. Been above 2k meany a times, but not this much.......forgot to take a pic of what I made, but it was 900,126 :D

Edited by Simon Osis, 29 January 2015 - 12:37 PM.

#24 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:40 PM

Please honorable warriors of the Draconis Combine.. Focus on them again, or they will soon become the IlClan with no difficulty.. <_< :P

#25 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:49 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 29 January 2015 - 12:40 PM, said:

Please honorable warriors of the Draconis Combine.. Focus on them again, or they will soon become the IlClan with no difficulty.. &lt;_&lt; :P

IlClan is of no concern to us. Deal with them yourselves if you are that worried about them.

#26 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:52 PM

View PostoperatorZ, on 29 January 2015 - 10:50 AM, said:

reap...sow

chickens...roost

this is what happens with current level of abuse of certain game mechanics (Merc contracts), tactics (zerg rush, spawn camp), mechs (TDR, SCR, TBR) and poorly designed maps (2-3 gates only ...no flanking).

..hopefully they will continue to patch and improve with some of the excellent suggestions that have been floated

Posted Image

It's official, Clan Wolf is sliding to Terra on their own tears.

#27 Chameleon257

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 171 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:59 PM

View PostSimon Osis, on 29 January 2015 - 12:36 PM, said:

@Chameleon257 not my fault they came over to our front line. My point with the pic we do not choose to fight all-PuG teams, and they when we do get a organized unit against us we can handle our own. caught these guys back to back, both match's were really good fights, but sadly for SROT we prevailed on both match's.

And maybe wanted to........show off a lil bit. As this is the best CW match I've had yet. Been above 2k meany a times, but not this much.......forgot to take a pic of what I made, but it was 900,126 :D

My point was we lose planets because of other factions fighting and either intentionally losing because eh it's not their border or just not good enough to hang in there. Be honest here, if your guys or even the merc units faced empty cues would you stay there until it was 100% capped? Maybe, maybe not you should hear my guys when we're trying to pull attackers off an attack cue to defend a planet. "OMG not another ghost cap hope we get a match; they need to get off that world come defend theirs etc." Honestly I'd like it better if Kurita defended against clan on Kurita boarders, FRR defend their own and Steiner defend theirs. I feel there would be a much different map then there is today.

#28 Tony Benoit

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationForum Banned, New account soon

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:04 PM

I would love to be fighting Davions....

...Smug Davions and their stupid everything.

#29 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:09 PM

There are three factions fighting fedrats, join up!

#30 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:10 PM

View PostStealth Raptor, on 29 January 2015 - 08:19 AM, said:

when it is clear we dont have the numbers to stop you guys, especially while you have the merc groups, we will go elsewhere. there is no point dropping if our groups win a lot of their matches and we still use the planet. its ok we are making davion cry now instead :D

Understandable behaviour. Best to focus on/win one front than to spread insufficient forces on all fronts. The Ghost Bears had a ceasefire where our game plan was juggled between too many war fronts (the Wolf-Bear conflict played a large part in this), and not only did we not make any gains, but we lost a system to FRR and destabilized the fronts of all other clans, preventing them from making gains themselves.

Until you guys are able to bolster your numbers, it's probably inevitable that you'll slowly hemorrhage territory to other factions (especially after Marik's deep-space raid... how the heck did that happen anyways??? :blink: ). So in this situation, focusing on and winning a minimal percentage of war fronts is your best bet! Only other alternative is 100% territory loss every ceasefire. Personally, I hope you guys get your ranks increased soon. :) Best of luck!

#31 Von Blumen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:25 PM

I can not wait for the day when CSJ stands on the Davion border. I would love to rip into it with NS on our flanks...

#32 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:31 PM

View PostLord Ikka, on 29 January 2015 - 01:09 PM, said:

There are three factions fighting fedrats, join up!

We will be there soon enough!

#33 reign

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 459 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:37 PM

I have a great deal of respect for the organized Dragon forces.. they are very tough to fight. I Know I have to put my game face on and not waste anything when going against them.

I hope that we get to see a lot more of you guys shortly (honestly) I occasionally like pug stomp but they are boring IMHO. Give me a great match against AtomicCore or one of the other great players. that's what is fun. Salute.

#34 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:43 PM

View PostStealth Raptor, on 29 January 2015 - 08:19 AM, said:

when it is clear we dont have the numbers to stop you guys, especially while you have the merc groups, we will go elsewhere. there is no point dropping if our groups win a lot of their matches and we still use the planet. its ok we are making davion cry now instead :D

We're not crying! It's just summer in the Draconis March and our allergies are flaring up! Jerk!

#35 ZenFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 414 posts
  • LocationOrion's Bible Belt

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:52 PM

Fyi, we had a number of guys who had never dropped CW and were showing them what we do. We were far more interested in describing our tactics than winning, hence the drop on foreign soil. With a unit as large as ours, your not always gonna get our a team. You'll run into our more comp. units soon and probably won't screenshot that one. If you want a rematch, why don't you get through Jade Falcon space. We'll be waiting.

#36 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:26 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 29 January 2015 - 10:42 AM, said:

What concerns me are population levels overall. We used to have 40+/40+ on Liao, Marik and sometimes Kurita all at once.

Now its rare to see more than 24 on a border on either side. Not just a Davion decline but all sides. Kurita is "overwhelming" us with 36 total players spread over 2 worlds last night.

I am significantly concerned that the big merc units are most of the games population right now.

It may have something to do with the Davion units defending Kurita from the Clans instead of defending... themselves... from... Kurita?

Posted Image

Edited by Vlad Ward, 29 January 2015 - 02:28 PM.

#37 $imon Osis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 272 posts
  • LocationYour sisters house eating her cookie & drinking her milk

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:31 PM

@Zen......I was complementing you guys on a good fight. An I will screenshot it, I always take a pic's of our wins....when im in the match.

#38 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:33 PM

View PostLord Ikka, on 29 January 2015 - 12:49 PM, said:

IlClan is of no concern to us. Deal with them yourselves if you are that worried about them.

Even getting your nation getting eaten is of no concern to you? :rolleyes:

Anyway, good job vs the FedSuns.

Edited by CyclonerM, 29 January 2015 - 02:34 PM.

#39 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:50 PM

I know the reason why I stopped dropping CW is that roughly 90% of the matches don't even matter. So you spend 30 minutes waiting for a drop, drop, and then it doesn't matter if it's not right before the ceasefire.

The ceasefire mechanic needs to go. Just change it up to total percentage or something (and ghost drops don't count, so you actually have to drop against 12 other mechs). I mean, I do this for fun on the side - I can't be there during that golden area right before a ceasefire. Seriously a world can go from 100% owned to 100% captured in that little window, it doesn't matter if you've won 90/100 games: if you lost the last 10, that world's changing hands.

That makes it pointless for anyone not dropping during that window. And that? That is why I stopped dropping in CW - time's better spent in PUG matches and playing around with fun, rarely-used mechs rather than a boring parade of FS As and 9Ses versus an endless stream of Crows and Timberwolves.

#40 GrizzlyViking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:50 PM

View PostSimon Osis, on 29 January 2015 - 08:16 AM, said:

You guys use to give us really good fights for hours, would even keep trying to push us when we would get a planet to 100% if there was still time to go till ceasefire.......Now you guys fight us till we get it to 100% and then you ninja vanish, when there is still plenty of time felt to try an change it.

I mean I know were good, just did not think we were that dominating over you to demoralize you like that.

Come back, we did no mean to be so ruff with you...

I am only speculating, but I expect the answer is more towards the "or what" than discouragement. What does that mean exactly? Well, I think it means that Kurita expects that Mercs will not likely renew contracts where they can't find a fight...and...well...they are right. So, when the Mercs are gone, what do you think will happen then?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users