22 replies to this topic

#1 Nickredace

• PipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 39 posts
  • LocationIn my Direwolf...

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:02 PM

My tournament counter has stopped at around 5:30 ish.

I've completed several missions afterward(more than four) and none of them have registered. At first I though maybe the event is over, though my time is 5:30 they run from PST. Then I checked and found out they are 3 hours behind us, meaning that I have 3 more hours after my midnight. But just in case I logged out and re-logged in to test if I got my MC (as they said that the MC would be injected after event) and I didn't have any.

So after play more than 10 matches later, thinking maybe its some sort of mwomerc's server lag or something. I checked again, and to no avail. So I'm not sure if the counter reached its limit, (Which would suck because I have no Idea how many more I have to go) or Its not reading my Matches anymore in which I'm can continue the event, and have been wasting my time.

(btw at looking at the server auto save it says 12:59am, which doesn't make sense.)
Did a little bit more Research the above time ^^^ is GMT not PST.

Edited by Nickredace, 31 January 2015 - 05:32 PM.

#2 Ultra-Laser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 298 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:13 PM

Same thing happened to me, but now I have another advanced Seismic sensor in my inventory after I had received a "redeeming items" message in mechlab. I purchased a resistance pack, so maybe it has something to do with that? Does it only give us the free modules after we unlocked them with GXP?

#3 HopperMantis

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:27 PM

my tournament mercenary event stopped updating too!!! WTH

#4 Nickredace

• PipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:31 PM

As I've said above it seems that the servers are based on GMT instead of PST, meaning that it stopped recording around 4:59 CTS or 2:59 PST. Thats bullshit if you ask me, robbing us of over 7 hours of playing.

Edited by Nickredace, 31 January 2015 - 05:32 PM.

#5 Idealsuspect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:32 PM

Me too... ok it is 12:00 PM but GMT time...
Europeens people have less time ( 9 - 11 hours ) for grind ?

Edit 1: Event counter is closed for everyone ...

Maybe event was played a lot and PGI isnt that rich. Edit: :rolleyes: ( irony inside )

Thank you anyway it was great even but kills and damage score aren't reward like it as to be ... (Without kill there is no assist for anyone...)

Edit 2: For illustrate rewardless of kills and damage score, i show you some my own results and lots of people think same way of course.

Posted Image
  • Red line : same score in both match 137 both qualified. First one with double damage and 2 kills other one with 6 assists, 0 kill and half damage >>> same score <<< Okay okay -_-
  • Blue line : Almost same score, under 100 also no qualified... one with 5 kills and double damage. Other one with 1 kill and half damage but better event score ... <_< :wacko:
  • Green line : one friend of me ( Moneyburner hi ) get almost same stats than highlight green match >>> 4 kills, 710 damage BUT only 2 assists... he didnt get qualified result. Well maybe i just touch and inflict 1 point damage at someone ty my luck or my error... :rolleyes:
710 damage, 4 kills ... doesn't qualified?
Mercs don't kill ? Mercs don't inflict damage? Mercs only get assist in PGI' mind lol ?

Edited by Idealsuspect, 31 January 2015 - 07:17 PM.

#6 Uncle Totty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:35 PM

Mine has stopped counting and I have yet to get my MC. :(

#7 Nickredace

• PipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:38 PM

View PostIdealsuspect, on 31 January 2015 - 05:32 PM, said:

Me too... ok it is 12:00 PM but GMT time...
Europeens people have less time ( 9 - 11 hours ) for grind ?

Edit: Event counter is closed for everyone ...

Maybe event was played a lot and PGI isnt that rich.

Thank you anyway it was great even but kills and damage score aren't reward like it as to be ... (Without kill there is no assist for anyone...)

So PGI doesn't have enough virtual cash for their virtual game? I don't think so, I think this is either a massive bug, or they are changing somthing (maybe adding a day onto the Clan sale? Maybe :)?) in which they should give us another day, or they noticed how many people are playing and are trying to shut it down prematurly so that they can force us to buy MC.

Which one, I don't know/

Edited by Nickredace, 31 January 2015 - 05:39 PM.

#8 Y2kHippy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 195 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:31 PM

The promotional event which you stated was from Jan 27 12pm (PST) to Jan 31 11:59:59 (PST) did not run for the stated time you have advertised. Now I know you will claim the laws in your country as good enough. But I my country this is illegal. A promotion, sales or even just advertisement MUST adhere to the stated conditions and terms stated in its promotional material. Now I can keep playing for the next 6 hours to get the last few games required to then purchase a Mech-Bay and then have your company say no we stopped recording or etc. Or you can bite the bullet as a company and do the right thing by your community and award 2 Mech-Bays or 600 MC to any registered member that logged into play this event or that logged in during the last 6 hours of the event that you have illegally stopped early. It may have been a simple mistake on your part, but you need to understand that the mistake was made and payment in recompense should be made due to it. Say for example your servers go down for a few days and as the game is locked onto your servers the community should be repaid for the loss. It is the same thing here due to the fault in who ever it was that posted the competition, coded the competition, over saw the running of the event.

Starts:TUESDAY JANUARY 27 12:00:00 PM (PST)

Ends:SATURDAY JANUARY 31 11:59:59 PM (PST)

Edited by Y2kHippy, 31 January 2015 - 06:33 PM.

#9 Quaamik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 413 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:36 PM

Before everyone ******* too much, lets see if they fix it.

'course, that's unlikely to be before Monday.

#10 Paragon Sect

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:43 PM

Maybe pgi isnt rich enough for this event? lol dont u understand MC cost them nothing lol

#11 Chuanhao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 520 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:58 PM

It is not correct to say MC giveaways cost nothing. Any MC given away is lost opportunity cost to have charged for it. I got enough for a new mech bay, that means i wont spend cash bought mc on the mechbay, which means lost potential income.

#12 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:02 PM

View PostEXeCuToRPriME, on 31 January 2015 - 06:43 PM, said:

Maybe pgi isnt rich enough for this event? lol dont u understand MC cost them nothing lol

You don't undestand "irony" maybe i have to put some smileys ???haha :) ;) :P :D :lol: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: B).... for brainless people only.

<_<

And yea it will cost some real money to PGI but thoses sort of events are good way for free2play editors to charm potentials news customers.
Also from one hand they give and wish receive by other hand....it's ok?

Edited by Idealsuspect, 31 January 2015 - 07:06 PM.

#13 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:04 PM

View PostChuanhao, on 31 January 2015 - 06:58 PM, said:

It is not correct to say MC giveaways cost nothing. Any MC given away is lost opportunity cost to have charged for it. I got enough for a new mech bay, that means i wont spend cash bought mc on the mechbay, which means lost potential income.

It also means people get a taste for spending MC and want more, more of that sweet MC goodness. Today they give away free MC, by Wednesday people will be pawning their cat just to buy enough MC for another one shot camo.

So much overreactions to a time zone screwup. "You have violated section 134.3B of the intergalactic trade laws, fix this within 3 hours or my legal team will assasinate your CEO with little judge hammers!!!!!"

#14 Ironwithin

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:20 PM

This is a free2play title, you are not entitled to anything you didn't pay for. Free stuff they give you is just that, free stuff they give you. They don't have to.

I am curious to know where the f-up happend, though ... was it the event description that should have said GMT instead of PST or was it the code that should have run on PST instead of GMT ? We'll probably never know...

#15 LordDread

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 212 posts
  • LocationMelbourne Australia

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:04 PM

https://twitter.com/...725825444098048

#16 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:49 PM

It seem servers have some issues but event is still going on !!

#17 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:15 PM

View PostLordDread, on 31 January 2015 - 09:04 PM, said:

Now, why can't they post this on their own forum???

Posted Image

#18 LordDread

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 212 posts
  • LocationMelbourne Australia

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:16 PM

View PostLiquid Leopard, on 31 January 2015 - 11:15 PM, said:

Now, why can't they post this on their own forum???

Posted Image

totaly agree with you, i dont use twitter, though i shamelessly stole that from another thread :P

#19 Platinum Spider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 209 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:20 PM

View PostLordDread, on 31 January 2015 - 09:04 PM, said:

They should have posted something on the forums, not everyone uses twitter. Thanks for the info though.

^^
Beat twice to the draw, need to type faster.

Edited by Platinum Spider, 31 January 2015 - 11:21 PM.

#20 More Dread

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:20 AM

great... on the last day i got up and started playing, expecting to play till the event ends and get as much out of it as i could. i was sitting at ~1100 MC and had many hours left according to the tournaments page. 2 or 3 matches in ppl started talking about the matches no longer counting for them. i checked the tournaments page and indeed, after playing a couple matches that would have qualified nothing showed up. no MC was awarded tho so it looked like the event was still going but bugged.

i checked the forums and couldnt find anything about it.. so i changed my plans for that day because it was obviously not working anymore.

today i log in, recieve 1180MC and then find this thread.

could we maybe go into overtime for this event?

how am i supposed to know that you have to go to twitter to figure out whats going on?
you can't really expect me to think that the matches are still counting when the tournaments page clearly shows they are not.

i'm not really mad about it.. free MC is free MC and i was excited that PGI finally decided to try some more inclusive models for their events.

i like the improvements the game has seen recently, but it is kind of a disappointing way to end this event.

i've been playing for a long time and spent a decent amount of money on the game, was planning to spend more and also hoping that these kinds of events become more plentiful so that i can recommend it to friends who don't have any disposable income for games without a guilty conscience, as well as be able to get some mechbays when i'm down on my luck at the same time (self employed, income fluctuates).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users