#21 KharnZor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:48 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 01 February 2015 - 01:13 AM, said:

No one tolerates having their time wasted.

Posted Image

#22 Ratpoison

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 851 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:19 AM

View PostWrathful Scythe, on 01 February 2015 - 02:29 AM, said:

Be my guest.

I don't think you understood what I meant. Someone who is willing to fight is not a problem. Those who power down in of the volcanos on terra therma to not ruin their K/D are the problem.

So do you think you're a mindreader, then? If the person is disconnected then it is obvious that there is no actual opposition for your enemies, but if they aren't then what makes you think you know so well what's going on? I've had many times where I've ran off as the last player, hid somewhere and possibly shut down to wait for my enemies to spread out, and hardly a minute later some brat like you with no sense of tactics decides he's too lazy to drop another mech and breaks the rules by giving away my position before I get the chance to power back up and go for a well timed ambush. You don't know what I'm planning, but you SHOULD know that these are the rules you decided to play by when you left Skirmish checked when you dropped. It's been clearly defined by PGI that what I'm doing is a valid tactic, no matter how long I decide to wait, and that what YOU'RE doing is a breach of the CoC. Think about how that would play out if reports were filed both ways, and then rethink your impatience and immaturity.

#23 Superslicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • LocationAlton, hampshire, uk

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:28 AM

just because your team all decide they wont to die, it doesn't mean you have to.

#24 XtremWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 551 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:36 AM

View PostKharnZor, on 01 February 2015 - 02:48 AM, said:

Posted Image

Made me laugh so much

#25 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:37 AM

last man standing job is to survive at all costs, and make the opposing team work for that last kill, protect there base or attack theirs if possible!

#26 MonochromeGoat

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:45 AM

The only acceptable situation is on Conquest.
But if a team gets steamrolled, you are the only one left alive and your gut reaction is 'hell, i'll power-down for the 8 remaining minutes of the game', you are despicable.You are deliberately wasting everybody's time.I could go ahead and finish another match in the ridiculously long amount of time i spent looking for that last ****.People on your team might want to play another match in the mech you are keeping locked from them.
We no longer have to pay for repairs, literally the only downside is 'muh stats', which nobody cares about.

#27 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:55 AM

If I am last man standing I will do whatever it takes to alter the final tally. If it means powering down and hiding hoping for an ambush I will do so. I have had some epic fights playing that game so who are you to decide when I should quit? I have taken out four that way and last night racked up 7 kills and 900 damage winning the match by use of power down and ambush hiding. All the while I had two mouth breathers threatening to team treason my location. By end of match the other team is damaged badly in most case so you have a chance. Maybe a small chance but a chance all the same. Your dead so get over yourselves. I have 15 minutes to fight and you did to. Sorry you died but it probably because you attitude to get it over with.

Anyone who is too rushed to play a match should just log off permanently because your useless.

#28 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:59 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 01 February 2015 - 01:13 AM, said:

No one tolerates having their time wasted.

Your playing a video game. That's time wasted. Are you really that obtuse to not understand your time means nothing here as is mine?

If anything its just masturbation.

So sick of these idiots who think this all means something in the grand scheme of things. Self importance is for fools.

#29 MonochromeGoat

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:00 AM

Everytime i was in a match with someone that powers down he never fought back.Either he remained there until the 15 min mark or when he was found, he stood there powered down.
Do you understand the frustration of having to stay in a match for 10 extra minutes to find a Blackjack that isn't even willing to fight?

Edited by MonochromeGoat, 01 February 2015 - 04:01 AM.

#30 Mercules

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:05 AM

Inherent flaw of Skirmish pointed out long before Skirmish was a game mode.

No Alternate Win = ECM Spider jumping up to a place no one can shoot him and waiting for the timer to end.

#31 Bregor Edain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 263 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:27 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 01 February 2015 - 03:59 AM, said:

Your playing a video game. That's time wasted. Are you really that obtuse to not understand your time means nothing here as is mine?

If anything its just masturbation.

So sick of these idiots who think this all means something in the grand scheme of things. Self importance is for fools.

Time enjoyed is not time wasted.

#32 Wrathful Scythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:39 AM

View PosttortuousGoddess, on 01 February 2015 - 03:19 AM, said:

So do you think you're a mindreader, then? If the person is disconnected then it is obvious that there is no actual opposition for your enemies, but if they aren't then what makes you think you know so well what's going on? I've had many times where I've ran off as the last player, hid somewhere and possibly shut down to wait for my enemies to spread out, and hardly a minute later some brat like you with no sense of tactics decides he's too lazy to drop another mech and breaks the rules by giving away my position before I get the chance to power back up and go for a well timed ambush. You don't know what I'm planning, but you SHOULD know that these are the rules you decided to play by when you left Skirmish checked when you dropped. It's been clearly defined by PGI that what I'm doing is a valid tactic, no matter how long I decide to wait, and that what YOU'RE doing is a breach of the CoC. Think about how that would play out if reports were filed both ways, and then rethink your impatience and immaturity.

I've never said anything about reporting players. It's not worth the time to open a ticket just to waste even more time.

And yes, brats like me will give your position out, if you power down in some corner of the map. And it doesn't matter if you try to use your tactics to squeeze 1 or 2 more kills out of a lost match if it means wasting the time of all players who are alive and looking for that last mech. Exception would be, if the match were close and the enemy only had some beat up mechs. Then, even a brat like me, would keep silent, if you would explain what you are doing in the team chat. Other than that, feel free to take a screenshot and report me. I don't know why PGI is even giving us the option to see the coordinates on the map when the only use for it is to rat out other players. We already have a grid on the map, which is not functioning while spectating.

PS: I am a mindreader. :ph34r:

#33 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:43 AM

View PostBregor Edain, on 01 February 2015 - 04:27 AM, said:

Time enjoyed is not time wasted.

Its self indulgence, it has its place.

You commit to 15 minutes at the start of each match. You have no priority over anyone else who has done the same. If it annoys you start another match. You have options. Just not the one you want when someone continues gameplay. I figured this out long ago and when I am in a match dead and waiting I just go to another mech or tab out and read something. I even built duplicates to overcome the waiting. My gameplay got me killed not the guy hiding.

Its time we take some responsibility for ourselves instead of playing the victim of time we have committed to.

#34 Mercules

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:44 AM

View PostWrathful Scythe, on 01 February 2015 - 04:39 AM, said:

I don't know why PGI is even giving us the option to see the coordinates on the map when the only use for it is to rat out other players.

To report bugs in the maps with coordinates.

#35 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:45 AM

View PostWrathful Scythe, on 01 February 2015 - 04:39 AM, said:

I've never said anything about reporting players. It's not worth the time to open a ticket just to waste even more time.

And yes, brats like me will give your position out, if you power down in some corner of the map. And it doesn't matter if you try to use your tactics to squeeze 1 or 2 more kills out of a lost match if it means wasting the time of all players who are alive and looking for that last mech. Exception would be, if the match were close and the enemy only had some beat up mechs. Then, even a brat like me, would keep silent, if you would explain what you are doing in the team chat. Other than that, feel free to take a screenshot and report me. I don't know why PGI is even giving us the option to see the coordinates on the map when the only use for it is to rat out other players. We already have a grid on the map, which is not functioning while spectating.

PS: I am a mindreader. :ph34r:

Such a basarse dead guy. I'm shaking.

#36 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:48 AM

View PostRaggedyman, on 01 February 2015 - 01:00 AM, said:

Have just come out of a public match where it 11 to 2 with 5 minutes to go, and folks were very happily reporting the remaining enemy unit for cheating because he hadn't presented himself to their presence for immediate execution (as apparently was his duty). This isn't the first time I've seen it, and I'm quite sure it isn't the last, but it continues to boil my blood.

The rules are "15 minutes or all enemy dead", not 'till you think you should have the win', so either get off your butt and make all enemy dead (especially if you have 10 mechs to find them with) or get off your butt and get PGI to change the rules set so that the game stops and gives the victory at a different point.

Don't report some guy for not wanting to get perished, or who think they have or might actually have the plan and the skills to stage a comeback, and who is actually playing within the rules set. Work for your win, don't moan for it or demand it to satisfy your ego or whatever schedule the rest of the world must follow during your leisure time.

People like you are the reason we don't have a decent reporting system, because you'll end up reporting for anything you view to be an infraction of your own personal 'how the game must be played' listing (which currently includes "losing the match", "reversing when /I/ wouldn't", "friendly fire in the middle of a brawl", "having an overly colourful paintjob" and "using LRMs/ballistics/lasers/clanmechs".)

Just play the damn game, and if someone being alive angers you that much then find them and take it out on their damn hull!

Timer counts down.

Guy announces in chat: "I think I need to take a crap, going afk".

Parks his King Crab far end of alpine and goes afk.

team gets killed.

Guy conveniently shows up after team dies and either 1) mops up all the guys we damaged, or 2) gets rekt

Gets reported.

Period.

Chances are, if you are getting reported, you done something to piss your team off. Most people aren't going to make the effort to do so, otherwise. So chances are, if you ACTUALLY get reported, you probably did something to deserve it.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 01 February 2015 - 04:52 AM.

#37 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:51 AM

View PostDuke Nedo, on 01 February 2015 - 01:44 AM, said:

Hiding = no problem
Disconnecting = dishonorable
Overheating/oob = dishonorable

I wouldn't overheat if there was an Eject system in public matches.

(Seriously, one time I was the last person alive, now I wasn't hiding, shutdown, or anything like that, I was still combat effective and moving... just legged. It took the enemy 8 minutes to find me even after some fustrated team mates and I called out my location and the enemy still had issues finding me, and there was only a few seconds on the watch where I survived the end game)

Now I am not complaining I survived, But I would have rather ejecting and made the game end faster and gave the enemy a kill assist and salvage bonus.

#38 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:55 AM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 01 February 2015 - 02:16 AM, said:

This is not a punishable offence. Even if the last mech runs off to a random corner and shuts down.
As long as the "offending" player participated during a fight and dealt any form of damage to the enemy team, then he is not in breach of any rules. Staff members have already answered this in the past. Hiding if you are against an overwhelming opposition is a valid tactic and in the case of conquest can even mean a loss for the team with 10 mechs left if they are out-capped by the last opponent.

It is if your able to read.

Exploiting / Griefing / Non-Participation
Our definition of Exploiting / Griefing includes:
  • Wilfully or repeatedly destroying Teammate or Lancemate 'Mechs.
  • Wilfully or repeatedly self-destructing one's 'Mech by Overheating or going Out-of-Bounds
  • Wilfully or repeatedly disconnecting during a match.
  • Wilfully or repeatedly spamming in-game chat.
  • Persistent non-participation in core game mechanics.
  • Wilfully or repeatedly taking advantage of an issue for personal gain.

Edited by TWIAFU, 01 February 2015 - 04:55 AM.

#39 MonochromeGoat

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:20 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 01 February 2015 - 04:55 AM, said:

• Persistent non-participation in core game mechanics.

I like how no one is even commenting anymore after this.

#40 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:22 AM

View PostMonochromeGoat, on 01 February 2015 - 05:20 AM, said:

I like how no one is even commenting anymore after this.

oh, I'm sure someone will try to explain how their actions are the exception..... eventually. :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users