47 replies to this topic

#21 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:04 PM

View PostRepasy, on 02 February 2015 - 06:49 PM, said:

Based on what I've seen in game, your efforts have STOLEN attack corridors from other clans...

Based on the number of worlds that now have -MS- emblazoned on them (a whopping 22 in CGB alone if ya didn't notice!), I think I'm correct in assuming you have a looot of players...

Lastly I was not 'pretending' that only mercs choose not to support RP. I don't think I said that at all. If you're referring to random pugs not supporting RP, well those random pugs probably don't surf the forums so there's nothing-a-do about that. If you're referring to other units, I'm aware of faction-loyal units that have attacked us after being provoked by other merc units *cough*talkinboutuagain*cough*.

On the first point, you can not "steal" attack lanes. That's a ridiculous notion.

On the second point, you would be assuming incorrectly. Whoever drops the most most certainly gets the tag...but that is a metric that can be achieved with a small group of dedicated people.

On the third point, you are also incorrect. I was speaking of loyalist units that take part in, are knowledgeable of, and discuss all of the various attacks options available...not just pugs, and not just "mercs", and not just "antagonized clanners beset by the "merc scourge of 3050". You may enjoy the fiction of MS as a rogue force...but it is not true.

Sorry dude, but your suggestion is a wash. Thanks for the disrespect and the insults and the river of tears. We will apparently drink those dry as well. Crazy thirsty...who knew that was thing?!

#22 Crasher2003

• Pip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 19 posts
  • LocationVA

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:19 PM

-MS- will never surrender. Send us your salmon, your tears wash them down quite nicely.

#23 Pat Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:52 PM

I don't have any freakin salmon...got some snakes though...want that? :P

#24 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 01:05 AM

View PostPat Kell, on 02 February 2015 - 10:52 PM, said:

I don't have any freakin salmon...got some snakes though...want that? :P

Enough is ENOUGH! I have had it with these motherfu#@in' snakes on this motherfu#@in' plane dropship!

Salmon only please. :)

Edited by Ax2Grind, 03 February 2015 - 01:05 AM.

#25 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 03 February 2015 - 01:27 PM

View PostRepasy, on 02 February 2015 - 03:53 PM, said:

General group play hate

Your notion of getting MS to 'disband' really doesn't make any sense. We can now group up within the faction... Now you will have the same players they all just won't have the MS tag any longer. However still on the same teamspeak etc...

#26 operatorZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 556 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 10:26 AM

View PostRepasy, on 02 February 2015 - 03:53 PM, said:

I'd just like to point something out about what was stated above.

All of the above concerns can actually be solved with one simple action. Keep reading if you want detailed analysis, or head to the bottom if you just want the clean-cut answer. First, lets analyze merc issues.

Merc Issues:
  • Mercs want mixed access to technology frequently.
  • Mercs want to be able to even the odds between factions to eliminate ghost drops.
  • Mercs hate ghost drops.
  • Mercs want a challenge.

Analyzing these points, it becomes clear what's going on. Well, the ghost drops are caused by an imbalance of players on one side. Due to the sheer size of -MS- this is completely unavoidable, as whichever faction they join will ALWAYS have a surplus of pilots. This also affects their search in looking for a challenge, as a lot of talent has been pooled into -MS-, and a unit can't fight itself. The technology issue is unavoidable, as the group must come to a majority decision, or follow the orders/whims of their commanders and live with it. All of these issues are fixed with the solution at the very bottom of this post, but I'm gonna cover next why Clans have so many issues with mercs. And by 'mercs' I mean -MS-.

Clan Issues:
  • Clans don't like the logistical chaos of -MS- joining an adjacent Clan and disregarding ceasefires & trials.
  • Clans don't like the power imbalance caused by -MS- joining adjacent Clan and outnumbering them 2 to 1.

The main concern here is that the Clans cannot control what -MS- does. This isn't necessarily to say that -MS- is at fault, they are more than entitled to make their own decisions for the good of their unit. Once again, the root of the issue is the sudden power imbalance. Were there no player imbalance, the disregard of RP could be managed and countered to some degree. The same goes for IS factions I'll warrant, as I'm well aware of ceasefires going on simply by looking at the map. Once again, solution is at the bottom, but I've gotta cover Universal issues last.

Universal Issues:
  • Planets have alternate values. For some they = cash, for others they = Faction territory.
  • No way to be pirates.
  • Planet exchanges are super lame and we need an alternate.
  • Path algorithm sucks.

The first point here is unavoidable, as this depends on how a player values the game. All other points are valid concerns and may be addressed in future updates, but they ultimately come back again to force imbalance. The urge to be a pirate, planet exchanges, and the dissatisfaction over path algorithms stems from the want for more attack corridors, which stems from the fact that all available attack corridors in every faction are full and -MS- doesn't want to drop against turrets, which stems from... wait for it... player imbalance.

I'm sure you noticed that player imbalance was the root of almost every single issue above (well, I sure hope so, I freaking underlined it!). Common sense dictates that if you adjust the root issue, all branches of the root issue will also adjust.

How do you fix an imbalance? Depends on the type. If there's a weapons imbalance, you can adjust the weapon. If there's a mech imbalance, adjust perks for other mechs to up their appeal. And if there's a player imbalance, well, just throw some of those players to the other side. Balanced.

I don't think what I'm gonna state next will come as a shock to anyone, but there is one singular change we can make to the game that will fix all our problems. The great thing about it is we don't have to wait for a patch from PGI, we can do it ourselves! Heck, these issues are community warfare based, maybe PGI has been waiting for the 'community' to live & learn & realize this solution on its own, because hmmm... programming costs money, and so if a problem can be solved without money, lets do it that way!

The Solution: -MS- NEEDS TO DISBAND

This solution may not be in the best interests of -MS-, but it is in the best interests of the players.

The players want drops. They want C-Bills. They want mixed tech. They want to fight with skilled players against other skilled players.

When all the players that want this join one group, they can't do this.

These players could still attain these goals by splitting into -MS- splinter groups. Most refuse to, probably because nobody has taken the first plunge. But I think this is the best and only option available to -MS- pilots at this time.

You guys have a unique opportunity here. -MS- includes an expansive player base of skilled pilots. Pick & choose active players in same timezone from that pool, and you'll have your own -MS- sub-unit. I would recommend limiting yourselves to no more than 24 players (two companies) in the future, as it's much more difficult to cause an imbalance with those numbers. After you guys split, you can still macro-manage multiple units towards the same objective, but this also gives the option for excess 'auxiliary' units to split up to help balance the game, or just make a few C-bills fighting for whoever for a week.

This solution requires zero effort from PGI. This will save them money, so if you guys are able to take this initiative yourselves I'm sure they'd appreciate it. I don't think it's in the best interests of PGI to support all the needs & wants of a few elitist units. It will take time x money to TRY and address all the branch issues you've discussed, and they might not even be successful. They might just end up pissing more people off. The simplest solution is often the best. I guarantee if you solve this root issue by splitting up, everyone will gain something from it. Is there really ANY benefit to stockpiling players until there's not enough enemies to fight against?

Your thoughts?

EDIT:

I suggest the same solution for ANY unit that has concerns similar to the original post.

Nailed it. A large merc unit made up of multiple merc units causes the exact problems that they complain about...MS doesn't have enough battles because they flood one faction and stagnate game play. PGI should institute a population cap on Merc units (not just MS).

Edited by operatorZ, 04 February 2015 - 10:34 AM.

#27 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 06:12 PM

View PostoperatorZ, on 04 February 2015 - 10:26 AM, said:

Nailed it. A large merc unit made up of multiple merc units causes the exact problems that they complain about...MS doesn't have enough battles because they flood one faction and stagnate game play. PGI should institute a population cap on Merc units (not just MS).

And what pray tell would be the pop cap for a unit? You might be surprised by just how small we (MS) are compared to some of the other units out there. We don't flood a faction at all. And this idea would solve nothing. Forcing me and my friends to not be in the same unit wouldn't stop us from creating multiple units that band together and move to factions together. Limiting how many players can move into or out of a faction also places huge barriers to folks trying to play together. If I told you Clan Wolf was full and you had to play elsewhere you would be pissed. Arbitrary limitations do nothing but possibly keep folks from playing the game with their friends. Sounds like sure fire way to drive even more people from the game.

The issue isn't "mercs"...currently we are ALL mercs. The issues mainly being brought up stem from some folks wanting to control the attack lanes of their faction. But not everyone in their faction always agrees with those choices, or even is aware of them, and really none of us get to dictate to others how to play the game. Limiting who folks can play with won't change this fundamental issue of a lack of control and it is not a reasonable solution in this gaming environment.

The issue with population shifts on the map can be dealt with excellent rewards or depth of play. Currently the rewards suck so no motivation there, and every "contract" is basically the same mission. Those of us who like to play multiple mech types have no reason to focus on a particular single faction unless we have friends to play with there who are awesome and the potential to tag more plants (which give no benefit). If there was more depth to what we could accomplish in the game as mercs or loyalists this would likely change. What would not change is that you will always have folks in your faction, who no matter the contract length, will want to play differently from you. No amount of QQ'ing will solve that.

Edited by Ax2Grind, 04 February 2015 - 06:13 PM.

#28 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 February 2015 - 06:58 PM

View PostAx2Grind, on 04 February 2015 - 06:12 PM, said:

And what pray tell would be the pop cap for a unit? You might be surprised by just how small we (MS) are compared to some of the other units out there.

I had heard that MS had 300 active players participating in CW?

#29 jeirhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 277 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:06 PM

View PostDavers, on 04 February 2015 - 06:58 PM, said:

MS official recruitment thread says they have at least 180 members. But then you have to count Comstar Irregulars too with at least 30 members. 210 members is about the entirety of Clan Jade Falcon combined large units' membership.

#30 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:19 PM

View Postjeirhart, on 04 February 2015 - 08:06 PM, said:

MS official recruitment thread says they have at least 180 members. But then you have to count Comstar Irregulars too with at least 30 members. 210 members is about the entirety of Clan Jade Falcon combined large units' membership.

I would estimate FWLM, Seraphim, and BWC total CW players at around 80. So, yeah, to me they are a large unit. ;)

#31 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 04 February 2015 - 09:20 PM

View PostDavers, on 04 February 2015 - 06:58 PM, said:

I didn't wanna rub salt in their wounded pride, but I wasn't speaking out of my arse when I said they're big.

http://mwomercs.com/...ots-for-cw-now/

EDIT:

Oh yea, don't forget about their shameless advertising in-game and on other people's threads. I lol every time.

Edited by Repasy, 04 February 2015 - 09:21 PM.

#32 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 11:43 PM

View PostRepasy, on 04 February 2015 - 09:20 PM, said:

I didn't wanna rub salt in their wounded pride, but I wasn't speaking out of my arse when I said they're big.

http://mwomercs.com/...ots-for-cw-now/

EDIT:

Oh yea, don't forget about their shameless advertising in-game and on other people's threads. I lol every time.

I lol every time you QQ. Did someone from MS piss in your Wheaties? Nice sig.

And on to someone I can actually respect...

View PostDavers, on 04 February 2015 - 08:19 PM, said:

I would estimate FWLM, Seraphim, and BWC total CW players at around 80. So, yeah, to me they are a large unit. ;)

Last I checked Seraphim and BWC both had much greater rosters than what your suggesting. In fact I believe the BWC website lists over 800 members and Seraphim has at least 80 folks. While I am sure that far less are active in MWO it illustrates my point nicely. While the active player base that is on at any one time is possibly only 80 or so folks from all those units in the FWL, the rosters are likely larger. And Davers, I am not saying we aren't large...just that we are not one of the largest units and that our pop is often times inflated. 500 members was going around for awhile and even 300 is silly talk. Many groups boast larger rosters than MS.

CI by the way is their own group, not apart of MS and they are not always in the same faction as us (we fought against each other when they were FRR for instance). Whoever mentioned they have 30 players is funny...they often run more groups than we do.

Edited by Ax2Grind, 04 February 2015 - 11:47 PM.

#33 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 February 2015 - 11:44 PM

View PostAx2Grind, on 04 February 2015 - 11:43 PM, said:

Last I checked Seraphim and BWC both had much greater rosters than what your suggesting. In fact I believe the BWC website lists over 800 members. While I am sure that far less are active in MWO it illustrates my point nicely. I have played with at least two separate 12 man's from Seraphim alone and various groupings from BWC. While the active player base that is on at any one time is possibly only 80 or so folks from all those units in the FWL, the rosters are likely larger. And Davers, I am not saying we aren't large...just that we are not one of the largest units and that our pop is often times inflated. 500 members was going around for awhile and even 300 is silly talk.

Such has the interest in CW worn off for most folks that since the New Year we field around one to two 6-12 mans on an average day. There are times where that number can be as high as five 6-12 mans but it's very rare. On a number of occasions that we have tagged planets we were dropping with less an a single 12. The thing that keeps us trucking in CW is the consistent players that make at least one 6-12 man happen for a few hours every day. We have often heard cries of flooding the queue by bring less than 2 full 12 mans to the battlefield. 228 was certainly running more folks than us for a time, as was CWI, BWC, HHoD, NW, STS, CI, and CGBI. I'm sure there are many other units who can also claim to have run more than 1-2 12 man's for a single ceasefire zone. Any success MS has had in CW comes from a decent skill average from the active pilots, and making our drops count more often than not, not raw numbers. Like Marik our other strength has been in coordinating with other units to make those numbers count. We are happy to have a solid roster, but we have found that many folks are waiting the inclusion of more content before committing to spending more play time in the CW game mode. Many of our sub-units are also in other Community events, and spend time dropping in private lobby matches. So yes, our base roster sits at 180, which is fantastic, but we never have that many people active in CW and I know of a few units who claim to have much larger rosters.

Speaking of, CI is their own group, not apart of MS and they are not always in the same faction as us (we fought against each other when they were FRR for instance). Whoever mentioned they have 30 players is funny...they often run more groups than we do.

Hope that gives some perspective on the "monster unit" that is MS. Having a few 8-12 man's band together (CK being the exception as a larger group for us) is perhaps not as unbalanced as many would assume.

With respect,

~Ax

Well the FWLM has over 1600 registered members. I am just counting who I see in the drop bays. ;)

#34 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 11:51 PM

View PostDavers, on 04 February 2015 - 11:44 PM, said:

Well the FWLM has over 1600 registered members. I am just counting who I see in the drop bays. ;)

wow. 1600?!? Damn. And nice work.

As I was saying...~MS~ is clearly not even close to being one of the largest units in MWO.

You know, what this makes me wonder is if factions are getting screwed on rewards due to inactive folks on rosters. I have wondered if Kurita had far less active personnel than PGI seemed to be giving them credit for, long before they finally got a boost in rewards. Seems like it could be problematic.

Edited by Ax2Grind, 04 February 2015 - 11:57 PM.

#35 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:44 AM

View PostAx2Grind, on 04 February 2015 - 11:43 PM, said:

Last I checked Seraphim and BWC both had much greater rosters than what your suggesting. In fact I believe the BWC website lists over 800 members and Seraphim has at least 80 folks. While I am sure that far less are active in MWO it illustrates my point nicely. While the active player base that is on at any one time is possibly only 80 or so folks from all those units in the FWL, the rosters are likely larger. And Davers, I am not saying we aren't large...just that we are not one of the largest units and that our pop is often times inflated. 500 members was going around for awhile and even 300 is silly talk. Many groups boast larger rosters than MS.

CI by the way is their own group, not apart of MS and they are not always in the same faction as us (we fought against each other when they were FRR for instance). Whoever mentioned they have 30 players is funny...they often run more groups than we do.

Lol w/e man, at least I don't call all my lackeys to gang-flame someone to death every time I see something I don't like.

When I originally posted in this thread I was at least trying to be constructive. I never meant it as an attack on -MS- but more of a wake up call for the people complaining about ghost drops and the like (the stuff in the original post). I'm starting to wonder if you really absorbed anything about what my original post said? It had gotten to the point that I can't take any of you guys seriously anymore... I know for a fact that you've lost members of your own faction due to your stupidity online...

If your compatriots got a personal beef with me then I implore you, PERSONAL MESSAGE ME. That way we can get this post back on track to some constructive feedback, like it was originally supposed to. Seriously. If you wanna prove you're not a common troll, send your flames directly to me. I eat flames for breakfast. >;)

Now to help get this thread back on track, I'LL offer some more clarification on what I posted earlier.

When I said that -MS- and other like-sized units should disband, I went on to further elaborate that they could split into splinter units. My intention was never to say that you guys can "never play with each other again," but simply a way of addressing the root issue of player imbalance between factions.

As I understand it (please correct me if I'm wrong) -MS- was formed from several units who wanted the same thing. Drops and wins. Each of those former "Merc-Alliance" units was already capable of this. The only thing that joining together brought them was recognition. Tagged planets, no.1 on unit rosters, etc. If this is what all of them wanted all along, then great! Everything is good.

But now that some people are complaining about ghost drops, not being able to go fight on more fronts, not having a worthy challenge, etc., it may be time for some of them to consider going back to roots. As a splinter unit that is still part of merc-alliance-thingy, they can still play with the larger conglomerate of -MS-, but now they have the option to go fight on a different front when the queue is full for the main front (I'm talking about other faction fronts). As you guys so avidly pointed out, a small unit can still have a large community warfare presence by being really active for long hours together. Nobody can deny the size of your group (please don't deny it for the sake of arguing against me like you did earlier, it is unbecoming of you), however what you were trying to say was not lost on me. It actually supports my argument.

If smaller units can be just as successful as larger ones then why merge in the first place. It helps with finding allies to drop with I'm sure, but once you have a few 12-mans that's probably enough, you probably don't play much with the other members in the super-unit because you already have your 20 or so usual buddies. Joining together took away those smaller groups' personal glory, and made it harder to not ghost drop.

The addition of cw is probably also a main cause of these issues, as public drop is not affected by the size of a unit to any extent. So for people who don't play cw much at all these issues in this thread don't mean anything and they'll stick with -MS-. This idea is meant solely for the people who shared the concerns of the original post. I knew that not everyone was going to agree with this opinion, and I appreciate more constructive feedback as it can help us get to the best solution for everyone. So once again, please spare the forums the wrath of your pride and send beefs directly to me in the future, quiaff?

#36 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 04:08 PM

View PostRepasy, on 05 February 2015 - 09:44 AM, said:

Lol w/e man, at least I don't call all my lackeys to gang-flame someone to death every time I see something I don't like.....

When I originally posted in this thread I was at least trying to be constructive.

More petty accusations that are baseless? Great way to start off a conversation. If you want to be taken seriously, stop with the butthurt and the false accusations. Create open dialogue. Maybe ask some questions and find out what is really going on instead of making up stories in your mind and then deciding it's real. You clearly know nothing about our group. You troll us and then ask for personal beefs to be taken offline..nice. What you fail to grasp is that we have no personal beef with you. Your the one trolling us and making false accusations. Do as you like, but that is a far cry from "constructive feedback", and don't be surprised when the facts smack you in your epeen.

When I said that -MS- and other like-sized units should disband, I went on to further elaborate that they could split into splinter units. My intention was never to say that you guys can "never play with each other again," but simply a way of addressing the root issue of player imbalance between factions.

And that suggestion is pointless. If we can all still play together then any "population imbalance" stays the same...so it's not a solution to that problem... and if we can not all play in the same faction then your suggesting we not play together. Either way not a solution. Especially when you find out that our roster is actually smaller than many other groups out there.

What you are correct about is that MS has managed to have a huge impact on whatever faction we have joined. But not through population alone. It has been about coordinating and playing the diplomatic game, as well as being good enough at the game itself to win a majority of matches and to do so repeatedly and with focus on our objectives. These things are intrinsic to a good gaming experience...it's basically teamwork. And teamwork will always be OP. There is no way to Nerf it other than forcing people to not play together.

What you are wrong about it assuming MS is at the core of any issue. You can blame us for all of CW's woes but it just isn't true. Blaming the players in a game, because they seem to be successful is at it's core petty behavior.

Nobody can deny the size of your group (please don't deny it for the sake of arguing against me like you did earlier, it is unbecoming of you), however what you were trying to say was not lost on me. It actually supports my argument.

If smaller units can be just as successful as larger ones then why merge in the first place. It helps with finding allies to drop with I'm sure, but once you have a few 12-mans that's probably enough, you probably don't play much with the other members in the super-unit because you already have your 20 or so usual buddies. Joining together took away those smaller groups' personal glory, and made it harder to not ghost drop.

...So once again, please spare the forums the wrath of your pride and send beefs directly to me in the future, quiaff?

And once again you assume incorrectly. We are not one of the largest groups partaking in CW, though we may have a higher active percentage of our group take part in CW than other units. I spelled it out in this thread for the sake of giving some clarity to what is going on, so that we can, as a community, come to grips with the real dynamics of CW. If you want to keep pretending we are a huge unit, go for it, but reality proves otherwise. Have you ever been on the Mercstar TS? Seen how many folks were on and dropping? Clearly not.

Please spare the forums of your salty tears and ignorant assumptions. If anything is unbecoming, it is that. Maybe it's time you took some responsibility for yourself.

#37 jeirhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 277 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 04:54 PM

View PostAx2Grind, on 05 February 2015 - 04:08 PM, said:

And once again you assume incorrectly. We are not one of the largest groups partaking in CW, though we may have a higher active percentage of our group take part in CW than other units. I spelled it out in this thread for the sake of giving some clarity to what is going on, so that we can, as a community, come to grips with the real dynamics of CW. If you want to keep pretending we are a huge unit, go for it, but reality proves otherwise. Have you ever been on the Mercstar TS? Seen how many folks were on and dropping? Clearly not.

Please spare the forums of your salty tears and ignorant assumptions. If anything is unbecoming, it is that. Maybe it's time you took some responsibility for yourself.

Clan Jade Falcon
House of Lords had 58 members as of Feb 5, 3050
JFP had 76 members as of Feb 5, 3050

Clan Ghost Bear
MercStar had 229 members as of Jan 23, 3050
ComStar Irregulars has 312 members as of Feb 4, 3050
CGBI had 365 members as of Feb 3, 3050

Kurita
Night's Scorn has 70 members as of Feb 1, 3050

Steiner
DHB has 154 members as of Feb 4, 3050

Edited by jeirhart, 05 February 2015 - 05:40 PM.

#38 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 05:19 PM

View Postjeirhart, on 05 February 2015 - 04:54 PM, said:

Tell you what, post a screenshot of your unit's member count as it shows in-game and we will get FWLM, BWC, and Seraphim to do so as well and that will settle the debate of member count immediately.

Then once we all realize none of those groups actually have 1600 or 800 members, the debate will be settled.

Deal?

The numbers taken for BWC and Seraphim are from their websites. I see that JFP has 400 users listed on your website. At the very moment I glanced at the BWC website they had 140 active members of their 800+ on. At that same time there were 32 active members of MS on playing MWO (not all on CW, as I would suspect is true for all factions). Just like every group you mentioned only a percentage of our players are active at any one time, playing MWO, and even less are playing CW. The idea that MS is huge is false. Our roster is clearly smaller than many other groups in MWO and specifically smaller than the groups listed by Davers. Those are the facts. We are called a super group, not because of our overall population, but because we combined players from 5 different groups that play in the comp/community events scene. 4 of these 5 groups were very small, fielding a single 8 or 12 man team at the time.

The only reason this point even comes up is the concern that we are somehow adding so many people to the faction that we join that it throws the balance of the game out of whack. I contend that it makes a difference, as any movement of population will affect things, but when we consider how few people we have on our roster compared to many of the other units out there it is not as serious as it has been made out to be. That doesn't mean some other group with a huge pop couldn't have the serious impact that people fear that MS brings to the table...it just means that in this case it is a faulty assumption. Teamwork is OP. That has more of an effect on the game than anything else. While our active player base in CW seems to be (based on comments from other units) higher in terms of roster percentage, and that is a boon for us, our level of play ability, our diplomacy, and our strategic focus all play into the effect we have on the factions we support. Our impact is not based on active population alone nor is it the driving feature of our successes.

Edited by Ax2Grind, 05 February 2015 - 05:27 PM.

#39 jeirhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 277 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 05:20 PM

View PostAx2Grind, on 05 February 2015 - 05:19 PM, said:

I see that JFP has 400 users listed on your website.

No we do not. We have 76 members.

#40 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 05:34 PM

View Postjeirhart, on 05 February 2015 - 05:20 PM, said:

No we do not. We have 76 members.

Would you like me too post the number your website shows? It may be showing all of the members involved in every gaming community attached to that site...but on the Jade Falcon site specifically it lists over 400 members. I can screen shot it if you like. :)

Whatever the population of your group the point still stands.

I bet you all find the same thing we do...that you rarely have a majority of your roster on at the same time in CW. I usually only see a single JFP 12 man in CW when I have had the pleasure of drops against CJF. Maybe I am just getting synced against the same group over and over.

Edited by Ax2Grind, 05 February 2015 - 05:42 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users