• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 February 2015 - 03:43 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 05 February 2015 - 09:20 AM, said:

Proof?

Or are we just making assumptions about the player base?

I know the playerbase is so small I end up with matches against and with 1-2 of my fellow Seraphim when I'm pugging it alone. They usually spend their time trying to punch my ticket when against me, so you can know that I'm the tasty tasty porkchop. If they're on my same team, I don't have coms with them because most times we SRPH are just pugging around, we're not in TS, nor sync dropping. We'd be in CW usually if that were the case.

The boogeyman of the ebil premade is only in the foil wrapped head of an extreme minority here who will keep claiming it after VOIP is implemented and more because they're locked on it.

#162 F4T 4L

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 03:55 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 05 February 2015 - 03:43 PM, said:

I know the playerbase is so small I end up with matches against and with 1-2 of my fellow Seraphim when I'm pugging it alone. They usually spend their time trying to punch my ticket when against me, so you can know that I'm the tasty tasty porkchop. If they're on my same team, I don't have coms with them because most times we SRPH are just pugging around, we're not in TS, nor sync dropping. We'd be in CW usually if that were the case.

The boogeyman of the ebil premade is only in the foil wrapped head of an extreme minority here who will keep claiming it after VOIP is implemented and more because they're locked on it.

Lol. You were leading the charge in the old sync thread.. Remember?

First "its impossible", then "no one does it", then "everyone does it, cos its so hard in the GRP queue, but pgi are OK with it".. Right?

Sure you haven't just reverted to your old ways?

Edited by F4T 4L, 05 February 2015 - 03:55 PM.

#163 Eider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 541 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 04:55 PM

First log in a thousand billion hours and game and play with pro l33ts.. then thou may speak to us about game issues!!! kinda.. an example of why its not steam ready.

#164 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 February 2015 - 05:48 PM

View PostEider, on 05 February 2015 - 04:55 PM, said:

First log in a thousand billion hours and game and play with pro l33ts.. then thou may speak to us about game issues!!! kinda.. an example of why its not steam ready.

well you have to do that to post... But yeah its an example of if you wanna play an atlas as well what 150 hours? More?

#165 Taemien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,576 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 05 February 2015 - 06:36 PM

View PostDIrty Crazy Harry, on 05 February 2015 - 10:10 AM, said:

Redacted

No its not a problem. I used to drop 4 of my guys against 4 PUGs in MW3, in MW4 I dropped 8. We smashed them against our coordination and superior skill. I didn't give a damn if they quit the game. The ones who showed dedication and mastery of the game we offered to recruit.

That's how it has been since MW2 came out. PUGs get stomped, thats what they are for. Units to stomp and weed out to get prospective members. The crappy PUGs quit, the good ones join units. There's no room for lone wolves cept for those who want to spend their time playing 2-3 times a week. They know their place.

As I said, I didn't give a damn back then if they quit. I don't give a damn if they quit now. The way I see it, better players staying around means better competition. Quality over quantity. If the game fails because there's not enough players, I claim victory and move on to the next game to dominate.

I don't believe games should succeed by coddling players. Let them take their baptism by fire and let the gameplay itself be enough to hold their interest. If it fails regardless then it wasn't meant to be.

I don't believe sync dropping is a thing. But even if it was and all units were doing it. Then fine let that be as it is. Who cares? The noobs need to join units if they want to win. If everyone's in a unit then its just units fighting units. And then everyone is playing on the same scale.

Don't blame PGI for your losses. Blame yourself. Once you do that you can see why you are losing and fix yourself so you can win.

Personal Responsibility = Victory

#166 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 February 2015 - 07:21 PM

View PostF4T 4L, on 05 February 2015 - 03:55 PM, said:

Lol. You were leading the charge in the old sync thread.. Remember?

First "its impossible", then "no one does it", then "everyone does it, cos its so hard in the GRP queue, but pgi are OK with it".. Right?

Sure you haven't just reverted to your old ways?

Wrong. I was the one who outed the practice because I was sick of the game playing. That in turn set off a firestorm of foil hat wearing conspiracy kooks.

I have zero problems with sync dropping. You go back and find those threads and look. I believe it was around september.

I pointed out that sync drops are still elo balanced unlike the group queue and often end up with teammates facing each other.

Others were pretending it wasn't happening when it was and they were doing it. So I ended all that.

Edited by Kjudoon, 05 February 2015 - 07:32 PM.

#167 Flaming oblivion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 07:26 PM

@ taemien

I know you were trolling.

But thanks for reaffirming why the devs will NEVER put groups back in solo again.

#168 FindersWeepers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the CIA

Posted 05 February 2015 - 08:12 PM

This game has tons of players sitting on stacks of C-bills, criticizing new players barely scraping by. Maybe he was trying CW because he can't make jack **** in solo?
It's like i've said.
Rewards +25%
**** the Paulconomy
everything.
every
last
one
THAT is how you will retain new players, especially when steam release comes. when they look at that Hunchback, want to buy it, then hop into a match and make 200k for a decent round, they will see that as attainable.
plus, with modules, plus clan mechs, as well as countless new mech releases, the C-Bill earnings HAVE to go up.
Any of the "C-Bill Farmers" that you may talk about are already sitting on stacks of HPG transmission time so large they might be able to transmit the entirety of Russ's attempted explanation as to why we had to wait two years for promised content instead of fluff.
You need three of each chassis to get all the skills, until then, you are food for the older players.
It almost kind of feels like trying to start EVE, where the older players have such a leg up that the a new player experience is brutal.

Although it helps that MWO is actually fun compared to other games
PGI nailed it there

Edited by Sep, 05 February 2015 - 08:14 PM.

#169 Dino Might

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 08:13 PM

Are we still on this sync dropping business? If I took the screenshots, I could roll out at least 100 matches where I have been in solo queue with another CI member on my team or on the opposing team. I've even had matches with 2 of us on one side and 2 on the other. When you have a large unit, you can't help but bump into the people you normally play with, even when you're not trying to do so. Personally, I like playing against them almost as much as I like playing with them - it's always more fun when you can have a good tussle with someone you know.

Most of the time, they aren't on TS, and if they are, we usually don't even bother to change channels to talk to each other via voice. I just type out whatever I want to say in chat like I do with any other group in solo, because all I'm usually saying is our battlecry, "Death to CI," or some banter about my mech's septic system doubling as a coolant pod.

Much like the arguments to nerf/eliminate LRMs, if you really look at the numbers, I think the perceived injustices are relatively few and far between. It just stings so bad when it happens that it becomes the focal point for a crusade. At this point, if I am given to believe what is commonly stated, as of now it's a bad thing if you play in large unit groups because at some point you'll be facing smaller groups, and that's unfair. It's bad if you solo drop, because you will end up synced with someone from your unit, based on statistics, and that's exploitative. It's bad if you fight in CW as a 12-man, because it's unfair to solo players. The only way I see to totally level the playing field for everyone is to eliminate all units, all organized communication, and force everyone to fight without any indication of what their teammates are doing.

#170 Dino Might

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 08:16 PM

View PostSep, on 05 February 2015 - 08:12 PM, said:

You need three of each chassis to get all the skills, until then, you are food for the older players.
It almost kind of feels like trying to start EVE, where the older players have such a leg up that the a new player experience is brutal.

Although it helps that MWO is actually fun compared to other games
PGI nailed it there

Totally agree. Get rid of the 2x skill bonus, reduce the impact of modules, and eliminate speed tweak. The current state of the trials could do reasonably well against a fully mastered and moduled mech that way. It'd still be at a significant disadvantage, but not enough to overshadow pilot skill and tactical differences.

#171 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 February 2015 - 08:19 PM

View PostSep, on 05 February 2015 - 08:12 PM, said:

This game has tons of players sitting on stacks of C-bills, criticizing new players barely scraping by. Maybe he was trying CW because he can't make jack **** in solo?

Arent the rewards for CW less than the pug que?

#172 FindersWeepers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the CIA

Posted 05 February 2015 - 08:30 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 05 February 2015 - 08:19 PM, said:

Arent the rewards for CW less than the pug que?

Possibly, but does he know?
does any new player?

#173 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:38 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 04 February 2015 - 02:49 PM, said:

I synch dropped in solo to inform. Too many of the usual mouth breathers deamding proof yet no proof over two years was good enough or the goalposts for proof got moved. My decision along with a few other was instead to just do an occupy movement in solo and let the masses see how easy it was done. A few thousand witnessed it which only makes the "It doesnt happen crowd" look like the imbecilles they really are. Now many can see the differnce between truth and propaganda.

Stopped a while back after Voip was annouced. It was the end goal anyways and unlike farmers and the large group of perpetual liars here we had no need or desire to take advantage of others on the feild.

To the OP I ask he hangs on. When voip comes in things will get better.
And worse. Mostly for those still unable to accept their obvious mediocrity.

Also All I see is folks with a level head. Propaganda For (you) and Propaganda against(Some NOOBs) I think it is the Noobs who are really against VOiP. And that's because with VOiP there will be one less excuse for why THEY perform badly.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 06 February 2015 - 02:39 AM.

#174 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:43 AM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 05 February 2015 - 12:57 PM, said:

always a great way to grow a game. "if you dont like it leave"

Grow a game... Probably not. Get a stable core that likes the game... probably. Nobody is forced to stay you know. If I am trying to run a game, I don't have to make everyone happy. I just have to have enough people to make the game sustainable.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 06 February 2015 - 02:44 AM.

#175 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 04:25 AM

View PostMystere, on 04 February 2015 - 09:48 AM, said:

Translation: I want 2 completely separate Battletech universes in Community Warfare, one for PUGs and another for groups.

Sigh! PGI caving in and splitting the public queues was a colossal mistake. Now the same type of whiners (and probably even exactly the same whiners) want to subject Community Warfare -- aka planetary conquest -- to the same treatment.

I am so ashamed you are a Jade Falcon.

Can anyone tell me with a straight face how throwing PUG's, casuals, and so forth into a meat grinder is good for the game? The can't - they just resort to attacking the messenger with the usual "get good or get rekted, whiners, etc." It's all about the free wins over PUG's and the delusion that they are "real warriors" because they can defeat hapless targets.

Here's the reality: "splitting the queues" adding optional matchmakers, and so on are *needed* to allow people to develop the skills needed to be any good in CW. We hear endless whining from the so-called elite about how new players need to "get good," and then they follow this up with the nutty notion that throwing them in the shark tank where they get rolled game after game, rarely knowing why, is going to make them a better player. Oh, and "get on a team and get coms," because apparently downloading Teamspeak and joining a team can make any new player into an elite in 30-minutes or less.

No skill in the world is "taught" by simply tossing people in the deep end of the pool with zero instruction, ramp up in difficulty, or other helpful tools - oh, and with people rubbing your nose in your lack of skill while denying you the tools to gain that skill. MWO is a game, not "life" or "the real world" or "the military," so why anyone thinks players would stick around after putting up with the pointless rolls of CW is beyond me.

Quite frankly, I am ashamed by the sheer number of veteran players who talk out of both sides of their mouth: "get good, noob!" but "I deserve my free wins, so keep getting rekted until you somehow magically get better at the game." It's all about "hard-core mode" - but for the other guy - and "we don't need those people anyway," except if CW didn't need PUG's and casuals, they'd be banned from the format... but the population is so low it's barely alive WITH those players. So many people so eager to kill the game they've mastered - unreal!

Edited by oldradagast, 06 February 2015 - 04:30 AM.

#176 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 04:34 AM

View Postoldradagast, on 06 February 2015 - 04:25 AM, said:

Can anyone tell me with a straight face how throwing PUG's, casuals, and so forth into a meat grinder is good for the game? The can't - they just resort to attacking the messenger with the usual "get good or get rekted, whiners, etc." It's all about the free wins over PUG's and the delusion that they are "real warriors" because they can defeat hapless targets.

Here's the reality: "splitting the queues" adding optional matchmakers, and so on are *needed* to allow people to develop the skills needed to be any good in CW. We hear endless whining from the so-called elite about how new players need to "get good," and then they follow this up with the nutty notion that throwing them in the shark tank where they get rolled game after game, rarely knowing why, is going to make them a better player. Oh, and "get on a team and get coms," because apparently downloading Teamspeak and joining a team can make any new player into an elite in 30-minutes or less.

No skill in the world is "taught" by simply tossing people in the deep end of the pool with zero instruction, ramp up in difficulty, or other helpful tools - oh, and with people rubbing your nose in your lack of skill while denying you the tools to gain that skill. MWO is a game, not "life" or "the real world" or "the military," so why anyone thinks players would stick around after putting up with the pointless rolls of CW is beyond me.

Quite frankly, I am ashamed by the sheer number of veteran players who talk out of both sides of their mouth: "get good, noob!" but "I deserve my free wins, so keep getting rekted until you somehow magically get better at the game." It's all about "hard-core mode" - but for the other guy - and "we don't need those people anyway," except if CW didn't need PUG's and casuals, they'd be banned from the format... but the population is so low it's barely alive WITH those players. So many people so eager to kill the game they've mastered - unreal!
Casuals are in teh Meat Grinder now. There is no easy mode per se. There is the Open Que (PUG only) Normal mode, or Community Warfare (No Holds Barred) Nightmare mode.

I am glad though that you continue to separate me from the folks you are railing against. ;)

#177 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 04:50 AM

View Postoldradagast, on 06 February 2015 - 04:25 AM, said:

Oh, and "get on a team and get coms," because apparently downloading Teamspeak and joining a team can make any new player into an elite in 30-minutes or less.

It doesn't. Rome wasn't built in a day.

But joining a group that practices is sound advice to everyone if they actually want to take their game to the next level. There is just a higher level of meta team mechanics that you can't really put to the test and exercise being solo worrying only about your own mech and loadout in a random queue.

#178 Rossario x Vampire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationHybrid Mixbreed World ex Machine

Posted 06 February 2015 - 04:56 AM

If with these rewards atm I'll not gonna master my Cargoles and Timberwubs... I'll go to World of Battleships closed beta. F0ck PGI.

#179 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 04:59 AM

View PostRossario x Vampire, on 06 February 2015 - 04:56 AM, said:

If with these rewards atm I'll not gonna master my Cargoles and Timberwubs... I'll go to World of Battleships closed beta. F0ck PGI.

You have to put in the time to "master" your Mechs. and Actually Mastering them vs unlocking "Master" is really two very distinct things.

#180 Rossario x Vampire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationHybrid Mixbreed World ex Machine

Posted 06 February 2015 - 05:56 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 06 February 2015 - 04:59 AM, said:

You have to put in the time to "master" your Mechs. and Actually Mastering them vs unlocking "Master" is really two very distinct things.

LoL Josie... I did on "basic" SC more than most on "mastered". To "master" as a bare verb ralating to mech I mean unlocking "Master". To "master" as a skill driving the mech... shame we ain't got forum bage for a "Death Star" achivement. ^_^

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users