Marik Invasion

387 replies to this topic

#301 Sardaukar17

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:08 AM

View PostSardaukar17, on 13 February 2015 - 09:00 AM, said:

Relax I am just pointing out the obvious issues here. It is glaringly obvious you guys cannot coordinate anything. Trading units and what not? These units need to work inside themselves or join together into one actual unit and ignore what the pugs or MS is doing and just go for what goals they have in common to have FUN playing a game. That is it. All this diplomacy crap has GOT to be exhausting but drama queens love it. AND they will perpetuate it. The problem is people in these units you guys seem to hold so dear are going to end up quitting because they aren't getting to play. they are being forced to drop on undefended worlds wasting 10+ minutes a drop not collecting any C-bills for it and not builing up their accounts to get better mechs and weapons.. You tell me who is actually benefiting from this junk? Not the players in these units... It is only benefiting the ego maniacs in a forum about imaginary alliances in a video game.... and the only benefit is drama which they enjoy.

I would add also these "merc" units seem to be the only ones actually making any difference for you guys and you talk about them like they are mindless minions that just do what you ask. They are either being really really nice and patient with you or they are doing what they think is best for their unit. My guess is the later because that is what keeps a unit operating. Remember it is a game and anyone playing in any unit is theoretically playing to have fun. This whole giving orders to mercs and other units stuff and expecting them to always follow is not realistic to how communities function in this kind of setting. As long as players feel like they can win and their community leaders are good guys and make choices that lead in that direction they will continue to stick around and play. If and outside force is imposing it's will and that leads to 10 minute+ waits with no players to play against and no c-bills generated and they have to sit there and do that for 2 or 3 hours.. what do you think is going to happen? Oh and add to that people say they suck in the forums for being patient and nice lol and trying to help even though they do not have to... lol.. 1 of 2 things. Either they are just doing it because it means better matches and more fun for their guys or they are... I think someone used the term spineless earlier.

#302 Richter Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 601 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:13 AM

And here I thought you were cool and above it all.

#303 Sardaukar17

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:13 AM

View PostRichter B., on 13 February 2015 - 10:13 AM, said:

And here I thought you were cool and above it all.

Me no I am a troll lol. But I make good points. tell me what I have said isn't true. I dare you

#304 Tasker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:14 AM

Everyone know CW about numbers right now. Only when number of drops even -- or close -- does win or loss matter. Otherwise, team with numbers get ghost drops and win planet.

So very correct to say that mercs make difference. Mercs run Inner Sphere AND Clans right now. Certainly do not blame them, mind you. Faction rewards system encourage this, and is smart for them to play so.

But always know that merc going to move on to new faction sooner and not later. Merc know this, and Kurita loyalist know this. No illusions here. Glad to have you fight for us, but not going to bow 90 degrees (honor reserved for Dear Coordinator) when you go fight for someone else next week. End of day, noble Kurita warrior must stand on own two feet.

#305 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:23 AM

The house soldiers do need to stand on their own, but that doesn't mean you can't respect the mercs who also fight for you.

We are here to help you. Let us help you while we are here. Right now, I see too many DCMS who want to stand on their own, but don't seem to realize that they are actually laying on their backs or running around aimlessly. It's good to stand on your own, but if you fall and someone offers a helping hand to get you back on your feet, no sense in refusing it. There is no honor loss in accepting help when you need it.

From my perspective, more honor is to be gained by accepting help when you need it. There is an honor in humility, and knowing one's own strengths and weaknesses.

#306 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:30 AM

View PostTesunie, on 13 February 2015 - 10:23 AM, said:

The house soldiers do need to stand on their own, but that doesn't mean you can't respect the mercs who also fight for you.

We are here to help you. Let us help you while we are here. Right now, I see too many DCMS who want to stand on their own, but don't seem to realize that they are actually laying on their backs or running around aimlessly. It's good to stand on your own, but if you fall and someone offers a helping hand to get you back on your feet, no sense in refusing it. There is no honor loss in accepting help when you need it.

From my perspective, more honor is to be gained by accepting help when you need it. There is an honor in humility, and knowing one's own strengths and weaknesses.

See, this part of problem. You want come here and sling insult at House Kurita unit and proclaim how grateful House Kurita unit should be for you? Way I see it, maybe you be grateful for fast queues and good payment.

Also, you think NKVA members care about number of dots on map, influenced by many other people beyond control? Ha ha. Only have enough member for one drop group, and care only about love of Coordinator and glory of fight in his name. Even if Luthien only world remaining in Combine control, will still hold same opinion.

Edited by Tasker, 13 February 2015 - 10:32 AM.

#307 Richter Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 601 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:32 AM

View PostSardaukar17, on 13 February 2015 - 10:13 AM, said:

Me no I am a troll lol. But I make good points. tell me what I have said isn't true. I dare you

I don't disagree with anything you said. I don't want to be bossed around by merc cartels just because they have a large enough population to control what planets change hands. I don't want to boss around mercs that are willing to help us out, either, because I'm not interested in bossing people around.

HK has been accused of a lot of stuff because of this Star League nonsense that is totally untrue. We welcome mercs to our cause but don't appreciate mercs coming into our Teamspeak and yelling "PRIORITY ONE DROP ON NIRISAKI" or whatever like they have the right to tell us what to do without even saying hi. (This actually happened.)

Edited by Richter B., 13 February 2015 - 10:34 AM.

#308 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts
  • LocationTeutoburger Forest, Lower Saxony

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:33 AM

View PostTasker, on 13 February 2015 - 10:14 AM, said:

Everyone know CW about numbers right now. Only when number of drops even -- or close -- does win or loss matter. Otherwise, team with numbers get ghost drops and win planet.

So very correct to say that mercs make difference. Mercs run Inner Sphere AND Clans right now. Certainly do not blame them, mind you. Faction rewards system encourage this, and is smart for them to play so.

But always know that merc going to move on to new faction sooner and not later. Merc know this, and Kurita loyalist know this. No illusions here. Glad to have you fight for us, but not going to bow 90 degrees (honor reserved for Dear Coordinator) when you go fight for someone else next week. End of day, noble Kurita warrior must stand on own two feet.

No Need to bow 90 degree or more - just make sure you (as a Faction) know what you are doing. Mercs you treat good will come back and maybe even try to avoid fighting you in the Meantime. Mercs you treat bad...

There are Merc Units with some Honour out there. ;)

In my World Deeds weigh heavier than Words. Words I have seen from Kurita...

But whatever - maybe next Time this all works out better for Kurita and your Mercs.

Edited by Joe Decker, 13 February 2015 - 10:36 AM.

#309 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:36 AM

View PostJoe Decker, on 13 February 2015 - 10:33 AM, said:

No Need to bow 90 degree or more - just make sure you (as a Faction) know what you are doing. Mercs you treat good will come back and maybe even try to avoid fighting you in the Meantime. Mercs you treat bad...

There are Merc Units with some Honour out there. ;)

Know very well there are merc with honor out there. Drop with some Cameron's Highlanders. Good players, good people. Other merc units have fought or fought with who also pretty good and have good sense of humor, good desire for shooting robots.

But again, not celebrate or lament when merc come or go. It is way of merc. Need understand something, fewer mercs in House Kurita, faster queues for fighting and more money in service. So from own opinion, don't care one way or other.

#310 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:43 AM

View PostAbivard, on 13 February 2015 - 03:19 AM, said:

Steiner constantly RUNS away from the clan border, so I guess your statement is true.

You know what the difference is on the Steiner, FRR and Kurita borders?

Pug Steiner border - 80% Steiner units.
Pug FRR border - 80-90% FRR units.
Pug Kurita border - I never never seen more than 2 Kurita pilots in a drop on the Kurita border. Normally 0. They are always happy to fight the Clans - until the Clans show up.

#311 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:44 AM

View PostTasker, on 13 February 2015 - 10:30 AM, said:

See, this part of problem. You want come here and sling insult at House Kurita unit and proclaim how grateful House Kurita unit should be for you? Way I see it, maybe you be grateful for fast queues and good payment.

Also, you think NKVA members care about number of dots on map, influenced by many other people beyond control? Ha ha. Only have enough member for one drop group, and care only about love of Coordinator and glory of fight in his name. Even if Luthien only world remaining in Combine control, will still hold same opinion.

And I'd tell you the same things I've told another group, if I don't feel welcomed, I don't have to stay. I'm not asking for the DC to bow down to me. I just ask to be treated with respect.

So far, I haven't seen us "mercs" throwing around any insults at House Kurita. If I have, please quote my insult to inform me. This way, I can either explain what I was trying to say, or apologize. However, I can quote a few good ones that are directed insults as us "merc pigs"...

So, you proclaim your love of the Coordinator, but then you seem to refuse to fight beside vessels he has provided to fight beside you? Do you really want your faction to become just Luthien? If so, I'd have to say your love for the Coordinator is... interesting...

The mercs provided from House Marik to aid House Kurita was approved by your own High Council. Insulting us is a direct dishonor to your own High Council, who have been appointed to speak for your Coordinator. Thus, by speaking ill of us mercs, you dishonor your own Coordinator who has approved of our presence within your space and has asked us here to aid your house.

#312 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:51 AM

Passive aggressive posturing, very boring. I fight on clan border 5 battles last 3 nights, while also fighting MS to close wormhole gap, and taking Davion world.

Keep yapping, does not bother me one way or other. Opinions of one or two Kurita mechwarrior not change your unit decision to stay or go.

#313 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:54 AM

Guys, if they feel they can do it themselves, then come back to Marik. We've kept the space bacon warm for you.

#314 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:58 AM

I'd like to inform you of something:
A team of 9 Davion players from a specific unit changed my entire opinion of staying with Davion not too long ago. I ended up in two drops with them. I have had to now change factions to avoid playing with them again.

If just 9 players in the Davion faction, who happened to be on when I was on often enough, influenced what faction I was going to stay with, what do you think could drive away an entire merc unit from a faction?

Yes. One or two players can make a unit feel either welcomed, or not so welcomed into a faction. (By my count though, there were more than just one or two players here alone, but closer to four or five, or more.) Right now, I can say the Seraphim is not feeling all that welcomed among your ranks.

Too bad. I was really hoping I (we) could help remove that gray/green blob of Smoke Jaguar from your space. Looks like at this rate you may well be on your own, cause so far I (and maybe Joe Decker) have not been feeling all that welcomed. However, I leave the decision with our unit leader, as he has connections with DC command and I do not.

#315 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:01 AM

Good for you. Will enjoy killing you when you go back to other side.

Just like enjoy fight and kill Remnant when they with Jaguar, even though like them a lot. Remnant join Kurita again? Good. Happy to have them. Fight and kill baka clanners with them. When they go back to Jaguar or join Fed Com, shoot them again.

Edited by Tasker, 13 February 2015 - 11:05 AM.

#316 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:05 AM

View PostTesunie, on 13 February 2015 - 10:58 AM, said:

A team of 9 Davion players from a specific unit changed my entire opinion of staying with Davion not too long ago. I ended up in two drops with them. I have had to now change factions to avoid playing with them again.

If just 9 players in the Davion faction, who happened to be on when I was on often enough, influenced what faction I was going to stay with, what do you think could drive away an entire merc unit from a faction?

Yes. One or two players can make a unit feel either welcomed, or not so welcomed into a faction. (By my count though, there were more than just one or two players here alone, but closer to four or five, or more.) Right now, I can say the Seraphim is not feeling all that welcomed among your ranks.

Too bad. I was really hoping I (we) could help remove that gray/green blob of Smoke Jaguar from your space. Looks like at this rate you may well be on your own, cause so far I (and maybe Joe Decker) have not been feeling all that welcomed. However, I leave the decision with our unit leader, as he has connections with DC command and I do not.

I would like to say also that I regret my role in making you feel unwelcome over in Davion. It was a frustrating night long before you dropped in, but that's a flimsy and feeble excuse, and for what it's worth, I'm sorry for having compromised my own ethics and for having been rude to you.

Edited by Valar13, 13 February 2015 - 11:09 AM.

#317 Samurai Hanse Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:24 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 13 February 2015 - 10:43 AM, said:

You know what the difference is on the Steiner, FRR and Kurita borders?

Pug Steiner border - 80% Steiner units.
Pug FRR border - 80-90% FRR units.
Pug Kurita border - I never never seen more than 2 Kurita pilots in a drop on the Kurita border. Normally 0. They are always happy to fight the Clans - until the Clans show up.

The Glorious DCMS Does Not Fight In Unorganized "PUGS". All Kuritan Pilots Know The Tenants Of Bushido, And The Strength Of The Banzai.

View PostTesunie, on 13 February 2015 - 10:58 AM, said:

The Tenants Of Bushido Say To Bow 30° To Mercenary Who Fights For The Dragon. Notice Now, How I Do Not Bow To You Even 1°.

#318 Hobotorius Augustus Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:27 AM

View PostSamurai Hanse Davion, on 13 February 2015 - 11:24 AM, said:

The Tenants Of Bushido Say To Bow 30° To Mercenary Who Fights For The Dragon. Notice Now, How I Do Not Bow To You Even 1°.

#319 An Anime Princess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 229 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:29 AM

View Postdervishx5, on 13 February 2015 - 07:30 AM, said:

We would all do well to remember this man's noble spirit

#320 Grynos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 221 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:40 AM

I blame Davion... Because being a transplant from Liao , I was taught that at an early age if something is wrong there is usually a Davion in there somewhere...

But all joking aside.

1. I still think PGI made a major gameplay error in judgement by sticking to canon and having all the clans in one central location.
2. I also think that due to population concerns they should have merged factions somewhat if they wanted to keep the clans in a centralized location..

Now here are my examples of why it was a mistake by PGI...

I'll start off with point 1. If PGI wanted the individualism of the different factions, they should have spread the clans around the IS . That way most if not all IS factions would have had an attacking option for the clans. It would have also promoted more interesting politics for those that choose to play them. I honestly believe that if the clans were scattered then having a New Star League might have been more attainable.

Now for point 2. For numerous reasons CW for the most part is a ghost land. With the amount of factions/clans that are implemented into CW compared to the amount of population in CW , it creates some very problematic issues. If CW was one clan faction with two IS factions with multiple attack/defense lanes it would consolidate the player base that there would have been much less of an issue with population concerns. Now I am not saying that the individual factions/clans themselves would be gone, I am saying that if PGI grouped in some way lore wise for all the lore people out there, then it would have created a better situation for quicker matches and less ghost drops.

Everyone still really has to remember two things though.

1. This is still nothing more than a BETA right now.
2. The colored pixels on the screen mean nothing in this current BETA...

P.S. This message is coming from a humble servant of Lowtax , let the trolling begin I guess :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users