387 replies to this topic

#321 Hobotorius Augustus Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:42 AM

View PostTasker, on 13 February 2015 - 10:51 AM, said:

Passive aggressive posturing, very boring. I fight on clan border 5 battles last 3 nights, while also fighting MS to close wormhole gap, and taking Davion world.

Keep yapping, does not bother me one way or other. Opinions of one or two Kurita mechwarrior not change your unit decision to stay or go.

Personally I'm not worried about losing the aid of one who refers to himself as the LRM Guru - why would one proclaim themselves the guru of a dishonorable and ineffective weapon?

#322 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:56 AM

View PostTesunie, on 13 February 2015 - 10:23 AM, said:

The house soldiers do need to stand on their own, but that doesn't mean you can't respect the mercs who also fight for you.

We are here to help you. Let us help you while we are here. Right now, I see too many DCMS who want to stand on their own, but don't seem to realize that they are actually laying on their backs or running around aimlessly. It's good to stand on your own, but if you fall and someone offers a helping hand to get you back on your feet, no sense in refusing it. There is no honor loss in accepting help when you need it.

From my perspective, more honor is to be gained by accepting help when you need it. There is an honor in humility, and knowing one's own strengths and weaknesses.

We absolutely appreciate and value the help mercenaries like Seraphim give us, especially when they take time off from what they'd consider their home faction like Marik. I think what gets lost is the limited communication if we only talk to each other on the forums.

NKVA spent a decent amount of our drop time a few nights ago on Krenice assisting BWC drops a few nights ago. They may not have seen it, but I know Marik rep mp00 was on the Kurita teamspeak and poked us. They let us know that BWC was active there, and that influenced out decision to start dropping there in support of them.

My argument to Seraphim would be this: we know and appreciate that we have mercs, but everyone seems to have their own teamspeak. If you're willing to reach out to house units over our teamspeak when you're active, I think you'd be surprised at how willing most Kurita teams would be in showing their support and gratitude in game by dropping with you. We're very friendly 'in person', I promise!

#323 SteelWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:56 AM

Ive enjoyed the Marik based mercs who have been helping retake Luthien. Alot of respect for BWC and freinds. Id hate to see them leave but im also not interested in hearing anything along the lines of "us mercs saved your asses". We were regaining territory with just loyalist units and while the mercs are a huge help, its a mutually benefitial arrangement. So everyone should calm down and enjoy the cbills :)

#324 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:57 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 13 February 2015 - 07:58 AM, said:

I tried, shitposters intensified.
I wash my hands of dealing with Kurita and am leaving that to others.

An official UCC response to this situation would be appreciated.

#325 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:00 PM

any and all diplomatic stuff should be done through PMs and TS as obviously anything on the boards will be sexified i mean trolled, which is in itself not a big issue but people cant help but respond to them.

#326 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:05 PM

View PostSamurai Hanse Davion, on 13 February 2015 - 11:24 AM, said:

The Tenants Of Bushido Say To Bow 30° To Mercenary Who Fights For The Dragon. Notice Now, How I Do Not Bow To You Even 1°.

Funny. I fight for the Dragon, hence my little Dragon emblem beside my name currently. Yet you show me no honor at all. Yet, I show you more honor by trying to maintain a discussion with you, and not disrespecting you.

You are not an honorable Kuritain. If you were, I could then have respect for you. Honor has no meaning for you. Only trying to produce dishonor on your enemies/allies to make your own meager honor look better.

Here is a hint. Many Kuritain's come to respect honorable and good foes. You have come to disrespect your own allies, and hold your enemies without any form of honor. You, my good samurai-wannabe do not practice the real code of honor or Bushido. If you are a Samurai, you are an honorless Ronin from your behavior here.

(If you are role playing, I'd like to mention that you aren't doing a very god job of it.)

View PostHobotorium, on 13 February 2015 - 11:42 AM, said:

Personally I'm not worried about losing the aid of one who refers to himself as the LRM Guru - why would one proclaim themselves the guru of a dishonorable and ineffective weapon?

I did not actually give myself that title. I have been called that by other players on the forums for my LRM guides. I have just adopted it and placed it into my signature, as I find the remark one of honor and respect from those who have named me as such.

If you find LRMs to be honorless, then you have not come to understand their potential and the many ways to use them. LRMs are a utility weapon, and can be used in far more manners than just "honorless" indirect fire capabilities. A true warrior would wish to master as many weapons as possible. Need I remind that Samurai of old practiced with bow and sword, so that they could be utilized by their lords to the most effective manners possible.

I'd like to also mention, if you think I'm an LRM boat, or use only LRMs, then you will be one of the many who have sadly misunderstood and underestimated my abilities. Alone I may be weak, but with a willing team, I strengthen the whole.

View PostStealth Raptor, on 13 February 2015 - 12:00 PM, said:

any and all diplomatic stuff should be done through PMs and TS as obviously anything on the boards will be sexified i mean trolled, which is in itself not a big issue but people cant help but respond to them.

Yes and no. It's nice to have this stuff out in the open, so those of us not always in the loop (I'm still classified as a recruit in the Seraphim) can at least get some concept of what is happening. Though I still look to my commanders for guidance, it's nice to have a heads up on what is happening around me as well. (Troll posts being ignored of course.)

#327 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:11 PM

View PostValar13, on 13 February 2015 - 11:05 AM, said:

I would like to say also that I regret my role in making you feel unwelcome over in Davion. It was a frustrating night long before you dropped in, but that's a flimsy and feeble excuse, and for what it's worth, I'm sorry for having compromised my own ethics and for having been rude to you.

Apology accepted. I'd also like to say I'm also sorry that I had to leave that match (if you where in that one). I also had to compromise my own ethics within the game by leaving a match before it's full completion. So I think that makes us even?

You were frustrated. I presented a bump. You used frustration to hammer the bump. It's understandable.

To be honest, in those matches, your name wasn't one that rang any bells on being rude. I have two other names that pop to mind. But I was so frustrated with that group by then, I wasn't paying attention to much of anyone's name after a while... :ph34r:

Live and learn from our mistakes. It's the most we can do, right?

#328 Sardaukar17

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:17 PM

View PostSteelWarrior, on 13 February 2015 - 11:56 AM, said:

Ive enjoyed the Marik based mercs who have been helping retake Luthien. Alot of respect for BWC and freinds. Id hate to see them leave but im also not interested in hearing anything along the lines of "us mercs saved your asses". We were regaining territory with just loyalist units and while the mercs are a huge help, its a mutually benefitial arrangement. So everyone should calm down and enjoy the cbills :)

Right.. First I don't believe that for a sec. DC has been getting stomped from day one. How many worlds have you lost at this point? And I am guessing because of the crap you give the merc teams lol... and I am going to throw in the role players too. Very off putting. Every one of those responses is just weird and out of place in a public setting. These Mercs where genuinely trying to help you guys. it sounds like and If I was on their crew I would be out in heart beat to go play with a team that just wants to play the game. When every good merc team in the game is playing in the clans you will only have yourselves to blame. Sometimes the best lesson is a good spanking I guess.

Edited by Sardaukar17, 13 February 2015 - 12:26 PM.

#329 YCSLiesmith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:43 PM

View PostSardaukar17, on 13 February 2015 - 10:08 AM, said:

I would add also these "merc" units seem to be the only ones actually making any difference for you guys and you talk about them like they are mindless minions that just do what you ask.

Mostly I've seen mercs talked about being fickle like the weather and their only true loyalty is to Ghost Bear. It's cool that you guys make a difference in the map dot game I guess but I don't actually care whether you show up or not unless you're in the game I'm playing, in which case my only question is 'can they play?' and 'are they cool?' Neither of which requires me to treat mercs with respect because they have the numbers on their side.

To clarify I have no problem with your loyalties or their lack. You have spent hours and/or a bunch of actual money to buy strong clan mechs that are fun to drive. Naturally you'll want to play with them. And all your friends are ghost bears. It's just, knowing that, why should i care whether you are for my unimportant fantasy league or against it?

Edited by YCSLiesmith, 13 February 2015 - 12:44 PM.

#330 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:51 PM

View PostYCSLiesmith, on 13 February 2015 - 12:43 PM, said:

It's just, knowing that, why should i care whether you are for my unimportant fantasy league or against it?

Because Dear Coordinator demands obedience

#331 An Anime Princess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 229 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:55 PM

View Postdervishx5, on 13 February 2015 - 12:51 PM, said:

Because Dear Coordinator demands obedience

m--mouuu~ it's not like i want to obey you or anything...

Posted Image

#332 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:56 PM

View PostTesunie, on 13 February 2015 - 12:05 PM, said:

Yes and no. It's nice to have this stuff out in the open, so those of us not always in the loop (I'm still classified as a recruit in the Seraphim) can at least get some concept of what is happening. Though I still look to my commanders for guidance, it's nice to have a heads up on what is happening around me as well. (Troll posts being ignored of course.)

obviously announcements should be out in the open, but the discussing of it should stay away from outside as not everyone can just ignore clan NKVA's grand zerg.

#333 YCSLiesmith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:05 PM

View PostSardaukar17, on 13 February 2015 - 12:17 PM, said:

Right.. First I don't believe that for a sec. DC has been getting stomped from day one. How many worlds have you lost at this point? And I am guessing because of the crap you give the merc teams lol... and I am going to throw in the role players too. Very off putting. Every one of those responses is just weird and out of place in a public setting. These Mercs where genuinely trying to help you guys. it sounds like and If I was on their crew I would be out in heart beat to go play with a team that just wants to play the game. When every good merc team in the game is playing in the clans you will only have yourselves to blame. Sometimes the best lesson is a good spanking I guess.

Wow, you're so generous, I really appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to play a cool robot murder simulator just as a favor to me, to help me out with covering a map that means nothing with red colored dots.

#334 Samurai Hanse Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:22 PM

View PostSardaukar17, on 13 February 2015 - 12:17 PM, said:

#335 Sardaukar17

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:22 PM

View PostYCSLiesmith, on 13 February 2015 - 12:43 PM, said:

Mostly I've seen mercs talked about being fickle like the weather and their only true loyalty is to Ghost Bear. It's cool that you guys make a difference in the map dot game I guess but I don't actually care whether you show up or not unless you're in the game I'm playing, in which case my only question is 'can they play?' and 'are they cool?' Neither of which requires me to treat mercs with respect because they have the numbers on their side.

To clarify I have no problem with your loyalties or their lack. You have spent hours and/or a bunch of actual money to buy strong clan mechs that are fun to drive. Naturally you'll want to play with them. And all your friends are ghost bears. It's just, knowing that, why should i care whether you are for my unimportant fantasy league or against it?

You sir need to read my other posts. We agree. Now that, that is established I am fully capable of arguing for the sake of arguing. Let me know.

I was generally addressing the Kurtia guys here bashing the Mercs that have been helping them. For the sake of helping. Which you have to admit is pretty lame. It's like helping a little old lady cross the street only to have her piss on your shoe on the other side.

#336 Samurai Hanse Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:23 PM

View PostSardaukar17, on 13 February 2015 - 01:22 PM, said:

You sir need to read my other posts. We agree. Now that, that is established I am fully capable of arguing for the sake of arguing. Let me know.

I was generally addressing the Kurtia guys here bashing the Mercs that have been helping them. For the sake of helping. Which you have to admit is pretty lame. It's like helping a little old lady cross the street only to have her piss on your shoe on the other side.

[redacted]

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 13 February 2015 - 04:30 PM.
Duplicate posting of video

#337 Sardaukar17

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:24 PM

View PostSardaukar17, on 13 February 2015 - 01:22 PM, said:

Thats right I called you guys ladies incapable of controlling your bowls who need help crossing a street I also love quoting myself.

#338 Samurai Hanse Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:26 PM

View PostTesunie, on 13 February 2015 - 12:05 PM, said:

Funny. I fight for the Dragon, hence my little Dragon emblem beside my name currently. Yet you show me no honor at all. Yet, I show you more honor by trying to maintain a discussion with you, and not disrespecting you.

You are not an honorable Kuritain. If you were, I could then have respect for you. Honor has no meaning for you. Only trying to produce dishonor on your enemies/allies to make your own meager honor look better.

Here is a hint. Many Kuritain's come to respect honorable and good foes. You have come to disrespect your own allies, and hold your enemies without any form of honor. You, my good samurai-wannabe do not practice the real code of honor or Bushido. If you are a Samurai, you are an honorless Ronin from your behavior here.

(If you are role playing, I'd like to mention that you aren't doing a very god job of it.)

I did not actually give myself that title. I have been called that by other players on the forums for my LRM guides. I have just adopted it and placed it into my signature, as I find the remark one of honor and respect from those who have named me as such.

If you find LRMs to be honorless, then you have not come to understand their potential and the many ways to use them. LRMs are a utility weapon, and can be used in far more manners than just "honorless" indirect fire capabilities. A true warrior would wish to master as many weapons as possible. Need I remind that Samurai of old practiced with bow and sword, so that they could be utilized by their lords to the most effective manners possible.

#339 An Anime Princess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 229 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:26 PM

View PostSardaukar17, on 13 February 2015 - 01:24 PM, said:

I also love quoting myself.

SAME

#340 Samurai Hanse Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:27 PM

View PostSardaukar17, on 13 February 2015 - 01:24 PM, said:

Thats right I called you guys ladies incapable of controlling your bowls who need help crossing a street I also love quoting myself.

I Maintain Excellent Control Of My Sake Bowl.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users