Jump to content

Peace Reigns Between Cw And Csj


135 replies to this topic

#41 Gyrok

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 11 February 2015 - 07:08 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 11 February 2015 - 07:05 AM, said:


so far nearly any ceasfire violation was done by mercs who just wanna mess up the system.

But of course, this comes form a jadefalcon aligned player with a wolf in the signature, LOL


They were CSJ last week, maybe they will be Wolf again next week...?

Edited by Gyrok, 11 February 2015 - 07:09 AM.


#42 AweDeus

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 07:27 AM

Posted Image
mmm red dogs...

#43 Jaroth Corbett

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 2,201 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 11 February 2015 - 07:43 AM

View PostKain Thul, on 10 February 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:


I STRONGLY disagree. They had the chance to be good neighbors like CJF.

Not only that they suggested doing it to us many times using various excuses.....attack lane to Steiner, attack lane to CJF.


The chance to be good neighbors.............. you speak as if talking to a naughty child. Why would we enter into a NAP if not to be good neighbors? Watch your tone.

View PostKain Thul, on 10 February 2015 - 01:22 PM, said:

I have never even heard of this unit or seen them in-game. What kind of numbers are they throwing at you?

Cutting CGB in half to get back to the IS had the unintended consequence of creating a border with CSJ and while I am just one player everyone in our faction I have talked to has interest in DEFENDING CSJ, not attacking it. We enjoyed the short wait times defending your worlds over the weekend.


And you want to cut our OZ in half? You just shoot **** out of your mouth & do not care where the chips fall do you? Is Gyrok your master, padawan?

View PostDuvanor, on 10 February 2015 - 03:07 PM, said:

But many of those conflicts were caused by bored mercs. After all that gloating about weak Wolves and stating how good the relations between the Bears and their mercs are I do not fully buy that they had absolutely no say on what happened. But they got punished enough now and we should leave all that squabbling behind us and get back on track.

We get our IS lane, let them get at least a connected OZ.


Exactly the mercs caused the problems. Punished enough? The mercs went somewhere else........ Where & when did the Wolves punish us? What do you mean you do not fully buy we no say on what happened? Show me in Mechwarrior Online where a faction unit can control the actions of a merc unit. Show me the game mechanics behind that & how to implement it because I would love to see it.

Did all of you get drunk at a party or something?

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 11 February 2015 - 07:48 AM.


#44 Lily from animove

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,886 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:08 AM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 11 February 2015 - 07:43 AM, said:


The chance to be good neighbors.............. you speak as if talking to a naughty child. Why would we enter into a NAP if not to be good neighbors? Watch your tone.



And you want to cut our OZ in half? You just shoot **** out of your mouth & do not care where the chips fall do you? Is Gyrok your master, padawan?



Exactly the mercs caused the problems. Punished enough? The mercs went somewhere else........ Where & when did the Wolves punish us? What do you mean you do not fully buy we no say on what happened? Show me in Mechwarrior Online where a faction unit can control the actions of a merc unit. Show me the game mechanics behind that & how to implement it because I would love to see it.

Did all of you get drunk at a party or something?


GCGB = mercs? So its not true that only mercs caued this porblem,s yet mercs are a problem. I made a suggestion soemwhere in a topic dicsussing this, dunno where the topic is now.

#45 Jaroth Corbett

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 2,201 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:17 AM

I said it somewhere else. When you guys attacked on the worlds they had their tags on, they went beserk. They said so on the forums. "This is war!" something like that. Just as we do not judge all the Wolves for the **** ups of Gyrok in Delta Galaxy, do NOT lump as all together.

#46 Kain Demos

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:22 AM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 11 February 2015 - 07:43 AM, said:


The chance to be good neighbors.............. you speak as if talking to a naughty child. Why would we enter into a NAP if not to be good neighbors? Watch your tone.



And you want to cut our OZ in half? You just shoot **** out of your mouth & do not care where the chips fall do you? Is Gyrok your master, padawan?



Exactly the mercs caused the problems. Punished enough? The mercs went somewhere else........ Where & when did the Wolves punish us? What do you mean you do not fully buy we no say on what happened? Show me in Mechwarrior Online where a faction unit can control the actions of a merc unit. Show me the game mechanics behind that & how to implement it because I would love to see it.

Did all of you get drunk at a party or something?


I take the tone of my choice and if you do not like it then that is your problem and not mine.

When did I say I want to cut your OZ in half? I spoke in the past tense because we have already done so. Not for any malicious reasons but we are trying to get through you to get back to the IS and that is how the algorithm worked.

Also remember that certain members of your unit, not faction, said later on when the Mercs vs Gyrok shitstorm was underway that there was no NAP, just talks.

I believe YOU are the one talking out of your ass, not me. Your entire post reeks of angry butthurt QQ.

You can not play the "it was only mercs" card anymore either. I dropped against plenty of your guys filling out 8-10 man MS groups that were attacking us.

Edited by Kain Thul, 11 February 2015 - 08:24 AM.


#47 Cimarb

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:32 AM

Please forgive Jaroth. He is a bit overzealous at times, which is understandable when a fellow Clan is rampaging through your backyard, even if it is caused by an algorithm.

We cannot control any unit but our own, and even that will have issues, as we only have our "strong words" to keep any other player in line. If only we could grab our players by the scruffs of the necks sometimes..../sigh

We are all doing the best we can, and part of that is realizing that a lot of this is out of our control, and the only thing we CAN control is our own response to those uncontrollable things.

There are two ways to respond: unity or anarchy. If you want to ever succeed at reaching Terra, as an individual or unit, it will require unity as "the Clans". Anything short of that will only lead to a continuous criss-crossing of attack lanes and cannibalism of each other's planets.

#48 Jaroth Corbett

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 2,201 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:33 AM

View PostKain Thul, on 11 February 2015 - 08:22 AM, said:


I take the tone of my choice and if you do not like it then that is your problem and not mine.

When did I say I want to cut your OZ in half? I spoke in the past tense because we have already done so. Not for any malicious reasons but we are trying to get through you to get back to the IS and that is how the algorithm worked.

Also remember that certain members of your unit, not faction, said later on when the Mercs vs Gyrok shitstorm was underway that there was no NAP, just talks.

I believe YOU are the one talking out of your ass, not me. Your entire post reeks of angry butthurt QQ.

You can not play the "it was only mercs" card anymore either. I dropped against plenty of your guys filling out 8-10 man MS groups that were attacking us.



Then check your nose because my post reeks of me laughing my ass off at the **** you said. As my last statement suggests, I view the posts as if you all got drunk at a party & talking the utmost **** without knowing what you were saying. I never said it was only mercs. I explained what happened with GCCB because I saw the post on the forum. Also I saw text stating the NAP was off AFTER you guys took a certain world. ( I believe it was New Caledonia, I will have to check to be sure). This was a high ranking member, so YES there WAS a NAP in place. Go sober up.

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 11 February 2015 - 08:33 AM.


#49 Cimarb

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:35 AM

That whole situation was a long time ago. Let us all please get over it and worry about the future for once...

#50 KuroNyra

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,986 posts
  • LocationIn my Urbanmech, trolling you!

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:10 AM

View PostCimarb, on 11 February 2015 - 08:32 AM, said:

Please forgive Jaroth. He is a bit overzealous at times, which is understandable when a fellow Clan is rampaging through your backyard, even if it is caused by an algorithm.

So please forgive most of the angry Clan Wolf warrior who protested against the Invasion made by Clan Ghost Bear. After all, it is understandable when a fellow Clan is rampaging through your backyard. Even if it is caused by a will to tickle the Jades Falcons. :rolleyes:

(did they even really fought them? I would be surprised they did not)

#51 Cimarb

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:25 AM

View PostKuroNyra, on 11 February 2015 - 09:10 AM, said:

So please forgive most of the angry Clan Wolf warrior who protested against the Invasion made by Clan Ghost Bear. After all, it is understandable when a fellow Clan is rampaging through your backyard. Even if it is caused by a will to tickle the Jades Falcons. :rolleyes:

(did they even really fought them? I would be surprised they did not)

I do not believe any Bear units ever wanted to fight Falcon. The only issues we have had with other Clans, that I am aware of, were the MS-Wolf one, and the QQ-Bear one on the Jag front. Both of those were due to Merc units, and a good amount of our CGB members were or are now in MS. Lots of bad blood was spilled during both of those...interactions...and as you can see, continue to be an issue to some people on both sides of the respective issue.

As long as past issues continue to be brought up, we as a community will never be able to move past them. It is a sad fact of the Internet. So, please, everyone, do not bite when the rotten meat is thrown your way...

#52 pbiggz

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,683 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:27 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 11 February 2015 - 07:05 AM, said:


so far nearly any ceasfire violation was done by mercs who just wanna mess up the system.

But of course, this comes form a jadefalcon aligned player with a wolf in the signature, LOL


If you clicked the link in my sig, or you know, maybe just read "THE REMNANT" you would know im a mercenary.

View PostGyrok, on 11 February 2015 - 07:08 AM, said:


They were CSJ last week, maybe they will be Wolf again next week...?


unlikely, lily's attitude towards mercs is unfortunately not limited to just one person, far to many of you distrust them arbitrarily. We wont go where we dont feel welcome.

Edited by pbiggz, 11 February 2015 - 09:34 AM.


#53 Naglinator

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:59 AM

Why we arbitrarily distrust mercs? By definition mercs are motivated by self interest. Mercs so far have been the driving force in this CW but usually a driving force of chaos then anything else. Every time they switch sides all hell breaks loose(which i do like, but im the exception). Even in RL mercs are banned so it's no wonders why any clan, espicailly Clan Wolf dislikes you guys so much.

Lol, but, this is a game and we should all be having fun. So don't let what I or anyone else says keep you from that. But don't play the wounded soldier and be "surprised" with all the anti-merc hate :)

#54 pbiggz

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,683 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:17 AM

View PostNaglinator, on 11 February 2015 - 09:59 AM, said:

Why we arbitrarily distrust mercs? By definition mercs are motivated by self interest. Mercs so far have been the driving force in this CW but usually a driving force of chaos then anything else. Every time they switch sides all hell breaks loose(which i do like, but im the exception). Even in RL mercs are banned so it's no wonders why any clan, espicailly Clan Wolf dislikes you guys so much.

Lol, but, this is a game and we should all be having fun. So don't let what I or anyone else says keep you from that. But don't play the wounded soldier and be "surprised" with all the anti-merc hate :)


I am more than entitled to be surprised that you still have anti-merc hate, because time and again its been proven that factions who treat their mercs well do the best, and factions that dont end up losing ground. CSJ gained a massive amount of ground very quickly because despite a few loud voices against the mercs, the lions share of that faction was very open to the mercs being there, and the mercs were willing to work with them. Recently things got a little less pleasant, those loud voices got very loud, and they've successfully scared most of their mercs off, while Kurita, which did exactly the same thing, only a month ago, is now more open to mercenaries, and thus, is scoring huge points against pretty much everyone they border.

TLDR: If you want to win, make your faction friendly to mercenaries, if you want to lose planets on every front, then continue to pretend your living in the battletech novels.

#55 Kain Demos

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:22 AM

View Postpbiggz, on 11 February 2015 - 10:17 AM, said:


I am more than entitled to be surprised that you still have anti-merc hate, because time and again its been proven that factions who treat their mercs well do the best, and factions that dont end up losing ground. CSJ gained a massive amount of ground very quickly because despite a few loud voices against the mercs, the lions share of that faction was very open to the mercs being there, and the mercs were willing to work with them. Recently things got a little less pleasant, those loud voices got very loud, and they've successfully scared most of their mercs off, while Kurita, which did exactly the same thing, only a month ago, is now more open to mercenaries, and thus, is scoring huge points against pretty much everyone they border.

TLDR: If you want to win, make your faction friendly to mercenaries, if you want to lose planets on every front, then continue to pretend your living in the battletech novels.


I followed that thread. I would hardly say they scared most of their mercs off as they still have the 228th which is probably twice the size and importance of the two units that left combined.

#56 Duvanor

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:23 AM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 11 February 2015 - 07:43 AM, said:

Exactly the mercs caused the problems. Punished enough? The mercs went somewhere else........ Where & when did the Wolves punish us? What do you mean you do not fully buy we no say on what happened? Show me in Mechwarrior Online where a faction unit can control the actions of a merc unit. Show me the game mechanics behind that & how to implement it because I would love to see it.

Did all of you get drunk at a party or something?


Look, mercs and loyalists said in other discussions that they are getting along great, spend time on TS together and drop together. That suggests a certain amount of mutual communication. The mercs also said they spoke with CGB leadership before they joined.

So that may be just talk and nothing more or the mercs actually cared what the loyalist leadership had to say. If the latter is the case, it is not entirely true that CGB had no control at all. My impression is, it was very convenient to not even try to do anything and let the mercs do their thing. But of course that is just an impression. I have no proof for that and I do not think CGB did in any manner encourage the mercs attacks.

But enough of the loyalists were perfectly happy to call us weak, not deserving our planets. Is that less of an insult then what so many Bears allege to Gyrok? I do not think so. And since CGB had to punish all Wolves for that I see our attacks on CGB as justified.

#57 Kain Demos

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:26 AM

View PostDuvanor, on 11 February 2015 - 10:23 AM, said:


Look, mercs and loyalists said in other discussions that they are getting along great, spend time on TS together and drop together. That suggests a certain amount of mutual communication. The mercs also said they spoke with CGB leadership before they joined.

So that may be just talk and nothing more or the mercs actually cared what the loyalist leadership had to say. If the latter is the case, it is not entirely true that CGB had no control at all. My impression is, it was very convenient to not even try to do anything and let the mercs do their thing. But of course that is just an impression. I have no proof for that and I do not think CGB did in any manner encourage the mercs attacks.

But enough of the loyalists were perfectly happy to call us weak, not deserving our planets. Is that less of an insult then what so many Bears allege to Gyrok? I do not think so. And since CGB had to punish all Wolves for that I see our attacks on CGB as justified.


Not only that but I saw plenty of CGBI members filling out the 1-3 holes in CI and MS not quite 12-mans and talking **** while doing it all while this imaginary "NAP" existed. Others had to have seen it to which is why no one really buys the "It was mercs not us" line.

Edited by Kain Thul, 11 February 2015 - 10:27 AM.


#58 Naglinator

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:27 AM

Lol, okay there. Learn to read. I said mercs are the "driving force" in CW. But, at least for me and some other clanners, we don't care. Do what you want, we can't stop you. Frankly, I don't want to stop you. As I said, have fun. Just don't expect friendliness nor respect.

#59 Wingbreaker

    Troubadour

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,723 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:27 AM

Varangians are now attacking us on Vulcan. Control your pups, please.

#60 Duvanor

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:54 AM

At the moment we do not even have a Bear target. We can defend or attack Falcon or Jaguar. I am defending for the Jags and will not attack the other Clans.

As for VRDG, I hope you have fun fighting them and they do not draw too many PUGs on your worlds.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users