#61 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:02 AM

Drawing anyone off of our attacks is too many, unfortunately. It doesn't help that there are now 12 pugs joining in on the attack so we have to split off even more.

Welcome to life in CJF.

Edited by Wingbreaker, 11 February 2015 - 11:02 AM.

#62 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:05 AM

View Postpbiggz, on 11 February 2015 - 10:17 AM, said:

I am more than entitled to be surprised that you still have anti-merc hate, because time and again its been proven that factions who treat their mercs well do the best, and factions that dont end up losing ground. CSJ gained a massive amount of ground very quickly because despite a few loud voices against the mercs, the lions share of that faction was very open to the mercs being there, and the mercs were willing to work with them. Recently things got a little less pleasant, those loud voices got very loud, and they've successfully scared most of their mercs off, while Kurita, which did exactly the same thing, only a month ago, is now more open to mercenaries, and thus, is scoring huge points against pretty much everyone they border.

TLDR: If you want to win, make your faction friendly to mercenaries, if you want to lose planets on every front, then continue to pretend your living in the battletech novels.

Just FYI, considering the reputation that precedes you in your willingness to work cohesively with your faction employer...I would be willing to go to bat for YOUR Mercenary unit to come to us for a week and try things out.

There are not very many mercenary units I would extend that invitation toward, however, I have heard some very good things from people we both have associated with in the past.

If you wish to take me up on my offer, you can find me on the wolf hub most evenings.

Also, have not seen mwhighlander around here in a while...is he still around??

#63 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:11 AM

View PostWingbreaker, on 11 February 2015 - 11:02 AM, said:

Drawing anyone off of our attacks is too many, unfortunately. It doesn't help that there are now 12 pugs joining in on the attack so we have to split off even more.

Welcome to life in CJF.

I am truly sorry trothkin, however, this mercenary corp has not contacted the Wolf Council or any of the major units I am aware of to this point. Without contact information I cannot even reach out to them to condemn the actions. I will see if I can pull strings from work to get someone to track them down and see about diverting them elsewhere, however, I have no direct way to reach them.

#64 Dungeon Keeper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:38 AM

We dont have many attack options today. BTW, you can talk to me at ts.varguard.ru

#65 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:50 AM

View Postpbiggz, on 11 February 2015 - 09:27 AM, said:

If you clicked the link in my sig, or you know, maybe just read "THE REMNANT" you would know im a mercenary.

Actually, he was talking about himself, I believe. He is a Jade Falcon, currently wearing a Wolf faction. He was also Ghost Bear for a time, I believe, or maybe that was before CW started?

Regardless, I do not think he was talking about you.

#66 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,682 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:11 PM

View PostGyrok, on 11 February 2015 - 11:05 AM, said:

Just FYI, considering the reputation that precedes you in your willingness to work cohesively with your faction employer...I would be willing to go to bat for YOUR Mercenary unit to come to us for a week and try things out.

There are not very many mercenary units I would extend that invitation toward, however, I have heard some very good things from people we both have associated with in the past.

If you wish to take me up on my offer, you can find me on the wolf hub most evenings.

^^ you guys should do more of this

and yes, highlander is still around.

#67 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:26 PM

View PostDungeon Keeper, on 11 February 2015 - 11:38 AM, said:

We dont have many attack options today. BTW, you can talk to me at ts.varguard.ru

Then start playing defense. In case you missed the 100+ attackers on benfled while you tie up resources.

#68 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:30 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 11 February 2015 - 12:11 PM, said:

Who is "you guys"? The Wolves?

#69 Dungeon Keeper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:05 PM

View PostWingbreaker, on 11 February 2015 - 12:26 PM, said:

Then start playing defense. In case you missed the 100+ attackers on benfled while you tie up resources.

Defence is usually boring, we prefer to attack. Also we have some good opposition on this planet, thanks to all defenders :)

#70 Zeleglok

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:10 PM

Yep, thx for the drops guys :)

To all interested in : officially we're not mercs but an FRR fraction unit.
However, we don't really bother with lore etc, playing mainly for fun and in search of interesting matches with decent opponents. We also don't consider capping planets as our goal ( well, we're not big in numbers to do it anyway - like 1-2 12-mans ). Right now we're playing as Wolves to just try out Clan Tech. Maybe we'll switch back to FRR soon, maybe not.

Edited by Zeleglok, 11 February 2015 - 01:13 PM.

#71 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:28 PM

View PostDungeon Keeper, on 11 February 2015 - 01:05 PM, said:

Defence is usually boring, we prefer to attack. Also we have some good opposition on this planet, thanks to all defenders :)

Not really. All that we had on was disorganized pugs. There was not a single twelve man together.

#72 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:47 PM

View PostWingbreaker, on 11 February 2015 - 01:28 PM, said:

Not really. All that we had on was disorganized pugs. There was not a single twelve man together.

To some, that IS good opposition...

#73 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:52 PM

View PostCimarb, on 11 February 2015 - 01:47 PM, said:

Historically good opposition to a fair bit of the IS as well.

#74 CGB Behemoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 418 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:01 PM

View PostCimarb, on 11 February 2015 - 01:47 PM, said:

Don't say so please. Not any 12-man group can be an opossition to guys from VRGD.

#75 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:30 PM

View PostBehemothk, on 11 February 2015 - 03:01 PM, said:

Don't say so please. Not any 12-man group can be an opossition to guys from VRGD.

I'm sorry, but if a pug can do this, any 12 man can stomp them.

That was entirely on five of our players tossing their mechs for less than 1k damage totals.

Edited by Wingbreaker, 11 February 2015 - 03:31 PM.

#76 Zeleglok

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:48 PM

View PostWingbreaker, on 11 February 2015 - 03:30 PM, said:

I'm sorry, but if a pug can do this, any 12 man can stomp them.
That was entirely on five of our players tossing their mechs for less than 1k damage totals.

Not any, but agreed, Behemothk... overestimates us. And our performance depends very much on the number of casual players and recruits we have in our group.
This "pug" can beat 90% 12-man groups in this game btw :)

#77 CGB Behemoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 418 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation

Posted 11 February 2015 - 04:01 PM

View PostZeleglok, on 11 February 2015 - 03:48 PM, said:

Not any, but agreed, Behemothk... overestimates us. And our performance depends very much on the number of casual players and recruits we have in our group.
This "pug" can beat 90% 12-man groups in this game btw :)

On this screenshot i can see only 6 casual players at your side. Others are just "cannon fodder". This is very good result with such group.

#78 Knightcrawler

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 February 2015 - 04:59 PM

Well, thanks for taking responsibility at least, Zeleglok.

#79 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 12 February 2015 - 05:12 AM

View PostZee SugarCube, on 11 February 2015 - 06:51 AM, said:

Just to make things clear: VRGD never cared about ammount of planets we have or territory our faction have. Like Volkodav mentioned it before, we just looking for a fight and it's not our fault that now we usually have only 2 planets to attack. We don't want to play politic games and stuff, furthermore its just senseless because of restarting CW in few months.

But it IS indeed your fault that as CW temp-hires (Mercs) YOU find you ONLY have limited attack options.

You JUST took this contract with a Clan faction STILL working WITH the Clans to its left and right to AS AMICABLY AS IS POSSIBLE regain Axis of Advance into the Inner Sphere.

REALLY, how can you NOW claim to be SURPRISED and CONSTRAINED to have ONLY attack vectors on Clans now friendly to CW.

Where you are going wrong are UNSOLICITED and UNCOORDINATED with CW or CSJ/CJF attacks against Clans increasingly and predominately FRIENDLY to CW.

Your claims here in this thread are proving to be largely duplicitous.

You can check with DungeonKeeper. Just as with CSJ Valiant Opponents in House Kurita, I have REPEATEDLY complimented VRGD performance while in game with you all - to the point of offering in-game haikus to the professionalism and FRR loyalty of VRGD (there is no explaining the extemporaneous haiku-propensity... when the muse insists, the will should not resist. Seyla...)

I also tried on three separate occasions to invite VRGD to service with CSJ... who now enjoys any number of UNCONSTRAINED attack vectors to IS opponents...

The fact VRGD ignored my repeated invitations and chose instead Clan Wolf (our very Honorably and willing to work with fellow Clans - Clan Wolf) BUT unfortunately currently largely LANDLOCKED by its borders with CJF, CGB and CSJ - SPEAKS volumes as to VRGD's demonstrated INTENT to creat as much confusion and Clan Fratricide as is possible during its week-long contract with CW.

Attempts to portray anything else here in the forums, only illuminates further VRGD contempt for CLAN UNITY, imo.

All I can add is that I look forward to your once again defending WHATEVER you find remains of the FRR upon your return to it in 6-days.

View Postpbiggz, on 11 February 2015 - 10:17 AM, said:

I am more than entitled to be surprised that you still have anti-merc hate...(snip)...those loud voices got very loud, and they've successfully scared most of their mercs off...(snip)...TLDR: If you want to win, make your faction friendly to mercenaries, if you want to lose planets on every front, then continue to pretend your living in the battletech novels.

pbiggz, your revisionist history is amusing.

As one of the "load voices," who will ALWAYS advocate for Mercenary ACCOUNTABILITY both for their in-game choices as well as their propaganda efforts on these forums.

And to be honest MWHighlander proved to be an incomparable LEADER AND MOTIVATOR of those Soloist and Small Units that his routine REM, 4-man dropped with. I am still looking for a suitable VOICE TO TEXT third party software app that will permit me to send 30+ 25-word in-game Chats (all providing EXPERT CW tactical advice, Compliments for Team responsiveness to MWHighlander requests and finally profuse thanks for a WIN well achieved - and ALL THIS while scoring the MWHighlander-Ubiquitous 300+ Match Score with damage in excess of 2200.) I still have the screen shots of my run as ONE of HIS Soloists that afternoon. His effects that day were a MASTERFUL stroke of how MWO SHOULD be run.

So yes, my message to all here are that REM is a near-incomparably PRODUCTIVE unit (only 228 has edged REM in productivity these last three weeks with CSJ imo) who's only enduring negative aspect is a REM predilection for INFLAMMATORY forum rhetoric by VLAD, PBIGGZ and a few select others.

I truly thank REM for its time under contract to CSJ. While an errant attack or two on allied CGB worlds were dealt with early, the vast preponderance of REM service was quite excellence and if we did have a Mercenary Review and Bonding Commission, I would have already submitted glowing reports on REM efficacy (with but one or two negative caveats BUT more than balanced by the GOLD STANDARD recognition of MWHighlander conduct while amongst CSJ Soloists and Small Units.

Thank you for your performance of CSJ contract, this game could last Years once launched, I look forward to a possible REM return at some point to CSJ.

View PostWingbreaker, on 11 February 2015 - 10:27 AM, said:

Varangians are now attacking us on Vulcan. Control your pups, please.

Having ONLY attack vectors on your CJF, Cimarb's CGB and my own CSJ is the DEFINITIVE reason VRGD took a CW contract in the first place.

Now that THIS has been established, what more can we expect of the "scorpion" upon our frog's back (http://en.m.wikipedi...on_and_the_Frog) It is simply in CRGD's nature to attack Clans... it is that simple imo.

View PostGyrok, on 11 February 2015 - 11:05 AM, said:

Truly CW is lucky to count REM among its temp-Mercenary Units. Any efforts to have MWHighlander reprise his work with Soloist and Small Units will see an INCOMPARABLE investment (and subsequent return on said investment) in CW Soloist and Small Units.

View Postpbiggz, on 11 February 2015 - 12:11 PM, said:

Yes, working openly and productively with REM is the better way to go forward and may even ameliorate to large degree the unfortunate early exchanged I and some others had with REM when we MISTAKENLY aggregated REM with QQ.

REM IS NO QQ, REM has a proven track record of credible contribution and investment in the gamer populations of the factions with which RE! Has served.

View PostZeleglok, on 11 February 2015 - 01:10 PM, said:

Yep, thx for the drops guys :)

To all interested in : officially we're not mercs but an FRR fraction unit.
However, we don't really bother with lore etc, playing mainly for fun and in search of interesting matches with decent opponents. We also don't consider capping planets as our goal ( well, we're not big in numbers to do it anyway - like 1-2 12-mans ). Right now we're playing as Wolves to just try out Clan Tech. Maybe we'll switch back to FRR soon, maybe not.

Zeleglok, THANK YOU for clarifying that VRGD are not mercenaries and are only "trying out Clan Tech in a LARGELY LANDLOCKED by Clan boundaries, Clan Wolf.

You have successfully characterized ALL resultant VRGD actions for this coming week.

Need I type more?
Could I better illuminate VRGD motivations and intent for this week?

#80 Osis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 166 posts
  • LocationBitterVet

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:01 AM

Hail,

MWHighlander is a real chatty Cathy in game, his / her advice is solid. But if you really want to get him / her on a role, ask a BattleTech question ! Something really obscure and listen to the magic ;)

He / She really knows her / his sh*t.

Seyla,

P.S. Gender neutral post, heard rumors of cross dressing.

Edited by Osis, 12 February 2015 - 06:04 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users