The Dcms High Council Speaks

575 replies to this topic

#121 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:07 AM

Well, this escalated quickly in the couple hours I've played tonight.

Ordinarily I'd have something inflammatory to say, but NKVA covered it. GJ guys.

Kurita has replaced Marik as my favorite Great House to fight. It's like a chess match against you guys, VERY fun fights.

Also, xoxoxo pwnface.

Edited by bobF, 12 February 2015 - 01:07 AM.

#122 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:12 AM

View PostChefGerstmann, on 12 February 2015 - 12:39 AM, said:

I think your bird is sick, dude. He's all green and ****.

Pinin' for the fjords.

#123 Divine Retribution

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 648 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:14 AM

Thankfully I'm merc, not a politician. All I know is clanner mechs blow up real pretty like. Happy I don't have to fight the Combine, kind of like some of 'em.

Anywho I saw a question up yonder asking if that means forces under the new Star League banner don't need to protect Combine space anymore. Now again I'm just a lowly clanner-squisher for hire, not some fancy pantsed big city politician, but it seems to me if you Star League forces aren't needed along those Combine fronts the FRR has more than enough of a front line for all forces needing relocation. I hear there's still plenty of mead to go around, you'll not find a better mead in known space.

I doubt you'll be hard-pressed to find an abundance of clanners to shoot at while you're here, too. With all that salvage you can buy even more mead...

Edited by Divine Retribution, 12 February 2015 - 01:26 AM.

#124 Shimmering Sword

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:22 AM

View PostChefGerstmann, on 12 February 2015 - 12:55 AM, said:

I will very happily turn down bureaucracy and finger-wagging

You're talking to the mercs with me, none of that observed in our stable yet. We discus where the fun is, and which factions are deserving and appreciative of help, and get to it. We thought that Kurita was interested in holding their borders, instead we found a divided council that took our help and turned it into a vacation to stomp on an underpopulated Davion. Kurita wasted our efforts. I hope those Kurita units who liked the Star League idea don't suffer too badly, Davion wont be weak forever.

#125 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:27 AM

View PostWingbreaker, on 12 February 2015 - 01:12 AM, said:

Pinin' for the fjords.

There's a Slartibartfast reference in here somewhere i'm sure.

#126 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:29 AM

It's true, at some point the Davions will be fully absorbed into the Greater Kuritan Co-Prosperity Sphere and won't be weak anymore

#127 Gerdskies

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:30 AM

I dont blame kurita, I'd be afraid of clans aswell. take back as much davion space as possible while they have no CW units to defend it to make up for all the losses of planets from the clans. makes sense.

#128 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:33 AM

Please ignore that we have relinked our territory with Luthien space with the assistance of some extremely helpful mercenary friends and will continue to take back our territory from CSJ as well as take what we want from the pathetic Davion rats as well.

#129 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:38 AM

View PostbobF, on 12 February 2015 - 01:07 AM, said:

Ordinarily I'd have something inflammatory to say, but NKVA covered it. GJ guys.

You don't have to hold back on our account. The more the merrier.

#130 Wakasa

• Pip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 18 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt am Main, Vega

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:41 AM

Good to know the decision of the high council.

Still the question remains why everybody is so upset. So you all say just beacause we didn't join the new Star League we can't work or coordinate our attacks/defences together?
That seems to be the new "if you are not on my side you are my enemy".
That leaves a pretty poor picture of the IS as a whole.

For me and for the unit im in the focus is on our clan front. We only go against Davion if we are attacked in the first place.

So the last things i have to say: "Die Claner!" and "For the dragon!" ;)

#131 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:45 AM

View Postpwnface, on 11 February 2015 - 10:15 PM, said:

Btw my e-peen is the biggest on the internet, get used to it.

Posted Image

#132 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:45 AM

View PostShimmering Sword, on 12 February 2015 - 01:22 AM, said:

You're talking to the mercs with me, none of that observed in our stable yet. We discus where the fun is, and which factions are deserving and appreciative of help, and get to it. We thought that Kurita was interested in holding their borders, instead we found a divided council that took our help and turned it into a vacation to stomp on an underpopulated Davion. Kurita wasted our efforts. I hope those Kurita units who liked the Star League idea don't suffer too badly, Davion wont be weak forever.

For the record our efforts lately have been occupied with trying to hold back the new merc front on the Marik wormhole, which, frankly, presents a much bigger threat to us right now than the clans do. I'm sorry you feel used. We appreciated the help, but somehow I don't think our decision to turn down more overhead and policing (and you can see Davion do plenty of it in the Reforging the Star League thread if you want) was really the straw that broke the camel's back when you seem to resent our border policy in the first place.

#133 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:47 AM

View PostChefGerstmann, on 12 February 2015 - 01:38 AM, said:

You don't have to hold back on our account. The more the merrier.

Naw. The time has come for a kinder, gentler bobF. Thousand points of light and all that.

#134 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:52 AM

View PostbobF, on 12 February 2015 - 01:27 AM, said:

So far, the most intelligent comment in this thread

#135 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:53 AM

So long and thanks for all the marik

#136 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:55 AM

The FRR respects the decisions of our kin in the Red Dragon, May both Dragons continue to live in harmony with each other as we fight the Clan vatborn and their allies.

#137 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:59 AM

View PostbobF, on 12 February 2015 - 01:27 AM, said:

Ok, jonn cleese was in that, and he did design the fjords, he loved doing all that didldy stuff, but pining for the fjords is this:

#138 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:05 AM

Okay, I'm quite new to CW after a long MWO hiatus. I have some questions for the Kurita leadership (?) as well as for others. Can someone please explain to me:

1. What is this new Star League, what would "joining it" mean and why is it a bad thing Kurita doesn't?

2. Why is Kurita being given flak for fighting Davion when Marik has taken many worlds from Davion and Steiner, and has taken a chunk from Kurita territory as well?

3. OTOH, should Kurita not rather close the Marik wormhole and ease up on Davion? Was the idea that it would somehow be possible to establish a "moving island" so that Marik could eventually start attacking Clan worlds based on anything other than a glitch and wishful thinking?

4. Why cannot players from other IS houses just help against the clans by defending worlds and if they do so, why would Kurita not invite them to TS?

#139 Storyteller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 359 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:07 AM

Even though I am the CO of the 36th Dieron Regulars, I am no great polititian and I don't have enough free time to take a chair in the Kurta High Council. But I have great faith in my two diplomates who represent the 36th Dierons in this board. As a result of this situation, I have a different look on things like the people, who do the day to day work in the High Council and in other organisations.

From my perspective, Haus Kurita has too many enemies/borders: Smoke Jaguar, Ghost Bear, FRR, Steiner, Davion and now Marik. In most times the planetary assaults right before the cease fire are decided by numbers respective ghost drops. So, even if we fought the clans and won most of our matches, we lost worlds.

So far, so well known.

Things have changed a bit in the recent weeks, as more MERCs left the clans and went to other factions, like Kurita or Marik. And many of those MERC units cannot be controlled by the realms they are fighting for. What is a Star League good for, if marauding house MERCs still attack Kurita planets while we are forced to fight the clans?

By the way, Davion and especially Marik have lost my trust, because they pushed into our realm, while we were fighting against the clans. So now we should trust them again? No Sirs, I for my part can not do it. My main objective is to take back Dieron, fighting off the clans with the other hand and try to let Marik and Davion pay for what they have done to the Combine.

Sayonara,
Storyteller

Edited by Storyteller, 12 February 2015 - 02:09 AM.

#140 paxmortis

• 1,548 posts
  • LocationDortmund, Germany

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:13 AM

[roleplay on]
The eel rarely seeks the same prey as the goldfish.
The eagle flies not with the pigeon.
The tiger needs no friendship with the goat.
Such as the paths of the Draconis Combine and the Terran Hegemony new Star League.
-Shiro Kurita

Edited by paxmortis, 12 February 2015 - 02:14 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users