#81 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:02 PM

View Postpwnface, on 11 February 2015 - 10:50 PM, said:

That's funny considering you sent me a private message for "diplomacy stuff" a few weeks ago...

You can still have diplomacy between player units or player alliances. I simply consider these as negociations to form understood agreements between those parties. This doesn't mean that those parties can then determine policy for other units or alliances however in their related faction. As such it is not constitutional with regards to the faction.

Interestingly however your response to trying to open diplomatic talks was that you weren't really interested and would prefer to settle matters with the use of guns not words. As such I saw little encouragement to continue negociations at that point.

#82 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:03 PM

View PostValar13, on 11 February 2015 - 11:01 PM, said:

Waiter, why is my whine so salty?

Maybe he'll give you a napkin so you stop crying into your cup like a baby.

Or maybe you'll work up the great courage to make another super heartfelt apology post only to turn around and post the same garbage like 12 hours later.

#83 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

View Posthopterque, on 11 February 2015 - 10:49 PM, said:

e: Also ha ha ha you think the clan front now is anything like the clan front even a week ago. Tell us more about your experience fighting clanners the last few days when we've been doing it the entire time.

Ah, yes, the specious "mercs left SJ" claim.

Yet their two best units, SJR and the erstwhile ally 228 still wear...whatever color it is Jags wear.

Edited by Valar13, 11 February 2015 - 11:03 PM.

#84 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

View PostSocop, on 11 February 2015 - 11:00 PM, said:

There's no ill-will towards him or Marik as a whole. You guys are our friends and allies still at the end of the day, we're happy to coordinate with you on pushing back the clans. Our vote was more that we didn't want to entangle ourselves in the politics of the star league more than a rejection of the individuals within it.

See illithi? This is why we can't have nice things!

#85 Samurai Hanse Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 243 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:04 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 11 February 2015 - 11:00 PM, said:

So, nSL consists of Marik, Steiner, FRR and Davion. Liao and Kurita have decided that they don't want/need to be involved in any group bigger than themselves.

The question is does this mean the nSL focuses on supporting FRR and Steiner and let Kurita continue on their own path? It does simplify the process.

Here Is To Hoping. Ha Ha Ha Ha.

#86 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:05 PM

View Posthopterque, on 11 February 2015 - 11:03 PM, said:

Maybe he'll give you a napkin so you stop crying into your cup like a baby.

Or maybe you'll work up the great courage to make another super heartfelt apology post only to turn around and post the same garbage like 12 hours later.

You almost sound mad, kinda.

View PostSamurai Hanse Davion, on 11 February 2015 - 11:04 PM, said:

Here Is To Hoping. Ha Ha Ha Ha.

Noted.

#87 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:07 PM

The guy who literally confessed to and apologized for getting way too mad about forum posts accuses someone else of getting mad this is just literally too perfect.

#88 Tasker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:08 PM

*unsheathes Hanzo Endo-Steel katana and decapitates Valar13 in one swift motion*

If you want to be official herald of faction, maybe we treat you like one.

Ha ha.

#89 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:10 PM

View Posthopterque, on 11 February 2015 - 11:07 PM, said:

The guy who literally confessed to and apologized for getting way too mad about forum posts accuses someone else of getting mad this is just literally too perfect.

Shouldn't you kids be in school? Your reading comprehension suggests it.

From getting your jimmies rustled over deleting a thread that everyone else knew was a joke, to missing the part in said apology where I laid out what I was apologizing for (and it was not my feelings about you folks, those are genuine and I'm not the only one who holds them)...the DC education system is failing you.

Then again, maybe duplicity is a well-honed political skill. Maybe you'll never know.

Also, you decided that you and I were friends, so you shouldn't talk to me like this, buddy.

Edited by Valar13, 11 February 2015 - 11:11 PM.

#90 Samurai Hanse Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 243 posts

DCMS Has More Pressing Issued To Attend To Than Talk Of Phony Star League. Such As, Where To Put Old Davion Kentares Monument When We Replace It With Shrine To Wrongfully Assassinated Coordinator?

#91 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Reminder everyone, get plenty of practice for the upcoming anniversary of the glorious Triumph of Kentares IV, sharpen your swords and line up your peasants for the ever popular rapid decapitation contest!

#92 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:12 PM

View PostTasker, on 11 February 2015 - 11:08 PM, said:

*unsheathes Hanzo Endo-Steel katana and decapitates Valar13 in one swift motion*

If you want to be official herald of faction, maybe we treat you like one.

Ha ha.

So that's how you'd treat the official herald of Marik, if there were such a thing?

#93 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:13 PM

View Postpwnface, on 11 February 2015 - 10:50 PM, said:

Of course I meant 8 concurrent battles! My statement was meant as a hypothetical to prove a point.

For a more realistic example, let's use IS vs IS matches where a light rush could potentially end a match in less than 3 minutes. If matches are ending in 3 minutes you definitely don't need 8 concurrent battles anymore. Let's assume 4 concurrent matches, 48 vs 48 is not an unrealistic population number for a contested planet. There is a 1 minute wait in between each match plus 3 minutes for a win. Matches are reduced to 4 minutes per tick and the first match is ending just as the last match is starting. 4 x 8 = 32 minutes for control of a planet.

The point is there are situations where having a lot of defenders isn't necessarily beneficial:

If the defenders are losing and/or losing quickly.
Attackers outnumber defenders.

If defenders GREATLY outnumber the attackers than YES, having more defenders is better.

That's funny considering you sent me a private message for "diplomacy stuff" a few weeks ago...

That is ISvsIS. Clans do not do the Light Zerg rush very often if at all. They simply don't have the mechs for it. I can live with the 4 Concurrent battles number. Assuming they are all losses you are looking at a much longer match time than 4 minutes. Plus the Clans MUST stay for as long as there are defenders. It doesn't really matter how long the individual battles are. If there are defeners then the clans must maintain a presence to take the planet.

#94 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:13 PM

View PostYCSLiesmith, on 11 February 2015 - 08:51 PM, said:

the slightly less cowardly Jade Falcon all the way to the sneaking worms of Clan Davion.

Posted Image

If you'd like our attention, it is yours.

#95 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:14 PM

View PostThomasMarik, on 11 February 2015 - 10:41 PM, said:

I am assuming you meant 8 concurrent battles? What kind of fantasy land do you live in where there is enough population to field 8 concurrent battles?

Dude I will take a screenshot next time I see it, but I have looked at those clan worlds and seen easily 6+ "ticks" in contention. 8 is far from outrageous.

#96 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:15 PM

But anywho, I've gotten my comedy for the night, so one parting question.

How do you take your crow?

#97 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:15 PM

View PostWingbreaker, on 11 February 2015 - 11:13 PM, said:

Posted Image

If you'd like our attention, it is yours.

Greetings Clan Tweety Bird, we can meet up in the middle of steiner in a week or two if you'd like.

#98 Taisa Sodai Lopez Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 128 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:16 PM

View PostValar13, on 11 February 2015 - 11:10 PM, said:

Shouldn't you kids be in school? Your reading comprehension suggests it.

From getting your jimmies rustled over deleting a thread that everyone else knew was a joke, to missing the part in said apology where I laid out what I was apologizing for (and it was not my feelings about you folks, those are genuine and I'm not the only one who holds them)...the DC education system is failing you.

Then again, maybe duplicity is a well-honed political skill. Maybe you'll never know.

Also, you decided that you and I were friends, so you shouldn't talk to me like this, buddy.

#99 Samurai Hanse Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 243 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:18 PM

View PostValar13, on 11 February 2015 - 11:15 PM, said:

But anywho, I've gotten my comedy for the night, so one parting question.

How do you take your crow?

#100 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:20 PM

View PostThomasMarik, on 11 February 2015 - 11:13 PM, said:

That is ISvsIS. Clans do not do the Light Zerg rush very often if at all. They simply don't have the mechs for it. I can live with the 4 Concurrent battles number. Assuming they are all losses you are looking at a much longer match time than 4 minutes. Plus the Clans MUST stay for as long as there are defenders. It doesn't really matter how long the individual battles are. If there are defeners then the clans must maintain a presence to take the planet.

I've addressed all of these points in the post you are quoting, I'm not really sure what you are trying to argue here. The more concurrent matches there are, the less the length of each particular battle matters. I've already shown with math how it is easily possibly for both Clan vs IS or IS vs IS matches can result in a faster planet turnover than against ghost drops.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users