575 replies to this topic

#61 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:44 PM

View PostThomasMarik, on 11 February 2015 - 10:41 PM, said:

I am assuming you meant 8 concurrent battles? What kind of fantasy land do you live in where there is enough population to field 8 concurrent battles?

The fantasy land called House Kurita's borders.

#62 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:44 PM

I am assuming you meant 8 concurrent battles? What kind of fantasy land do you live in where there is enough population to field 8 concurrent battles?

Hahahah you really have no idea how things are on the clan fronts, do you.

#63 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:45 PM

View Postpwnface, on 11 February 2015 - 10:41 PM, said:

Go troll somewhere else, your "propaganda" is unneeded here.

Factual comment not trolling.

I do not recognise your position to represent Kuritan policy. Something already determined by PGI.

#64 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:45 PM

View Posthopterque, on 11 February 2015 - 10:44 PM, said:

Hahahah you really have no idea how things are on the clan fronts, do you.

Maybe you'd like to tell us about that, since House Kurita has elected not to be there for so long?

#65 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:47 PM

View PostValar13, on 11 February 2015 - 10:45 PM, said:

Maybe you'd like to tell us about that, since House Kurita has elected not to be there for so long?

You really, really don't know what the clan border looks like then.

#66 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:48 PM

View PostChefGerstmann, on 11 February 2015 - 10:47 PM, said:

Is it bigger than a mailbox?

#67 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:48 PM

View PostChefGerstmann, on 11 February 2015 - 10:47 PM, said:

No? I've been there for the past five or six days now, which is also something you guys probably can't claim to have done in at least a month.

#68 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:49 PM

View PostValar13, on 11 February 2015 - 10:45 PM, said:

Weird, we fight against clanners every night. It's why Kurita is the coolest faction, there's so many fronts to choose from.

e: Also ha ha ha you think the clan front now is anything like the clan front even a week ago. Tell us more about your experience fighting clanners the last few days when we've been doing it the entire time.

Edited by hopterque, 11 February 2015 - 10:50 PM.

#69 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:49 PM

View Posthopterque, on 11 February 2015 - 10:49 PM, said:

Weird, we fight against clanners every night. It's why Kurita is the coolest faction, there's so many fronts to choose from.

And yet I've been watching that border for weeks and until about a week ago it was going one way every night.

#70 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:50 PM

View PostTasker, on 11 February 2015 - 10:42 PM, said:

CSJ front is definitely fantasy land. So many vat spawn and mercs queued up on Kurita worlds, user interface can no longer count and simply show a +.

Still? and Where is Davion gettign the population to field that many defenders on a Kurita world?

#71 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:50 PM

Of course I meant 8 concurrent battles! My statement was meant as a hypothetical to prove a point.

For a more realistic example, let's use IS vs IS matches where a light rush could potentially end a match in less than 3 minutes. If matches are ending in 3 minutes you definitely don't need 8 concurrent battles anymore. Let's assume 4 concurrent matches, 48 vs 48 is not an unrealistic population number for a contested planet. There is a 1 minute wait in between each match plus 3 minutes for a win. Matches are reduced to 4 minutes per tick and the first match is ending just as the last match is starting. 4 x 8 = 32 minutes for control of a planet.

The point is there are situations where having a lot of defenders isn't necessarily beneficial:

If the defenders are losing and/or losing quickly.
Attackers outnumber defenders.

If defenders GREATLY outnumber the attackers than YES, having more defenders is better.

View PostNoesis, on 11 February 2015 - 10:45 PM, said:

Factual comment not trolling.

I do not recognise your position to represent Kuritan policy. Something already determined by PGI.

That's funny considering you sent me a private message for "diplomacy stuff" a few weeks ago...

#72 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:55 PM

View PostValar13, on 11 February 2015 - 10:49 PM, said:

And yet I've been watching that border for weeks and until about a week ago it was going one way every night.

Wait, until about a week ago you were a silly Davion Clanner Rat, shouldn't you have been paying more attention to your own border since we were and still are devouring it wholesale?

You keep posting all this stuff about how you know how it's really going and what's really going on but you're not even at the point where you're able to win matches so I'm not sure why you should be worrying about strategy on a wider scale beyond "durrr, how many lrms should i put on my king crab" or whatever it is people as bad and stupid as you think about before matches.

#73 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:57 PM

View PostThomasMarik, on 11 February 2015 - 10:50 PM, said:

Still? and Where is Davion gettign the population to field that many defenders on a Kurita world?

In fact, from what I hear they haven't had time to put defenders anywhere as part of the SLDF due to being bogged down by someone grabbing their worlds.

Smells like scapegoat to me.

View Posthopterque, on 11 February 2015 - 10:55 PM, said:

Wait, until about a week ago you were a silly Davion Clanner Rat, shouldn't you have been paying more attention to your own border since we were and still are devouring it wholesale?

You keep posting all this stuff about how you know how it's really going and what's really going on but you're not even at the point where you're able to win matches so I'm not sure why you should be worrying about strategy on a wider scale beyond "durrr, how many lrms should i put on my king crab" or whatever it is people as bad and stupid as you think about before matches.

Neptune doesn't carry LRMs, but he does carry a decent kill count against Clanners.

Edited by Valar13, 11 February 2015 - 10:58 PM.

#74 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:58 PM

In defense of Valar, the reason he left is because the FS leadership fell apart and couldn't agree on anything. Leave him alone guys, he's a bad enough dude to save the president.

#75 The Droid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 186 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:58 PM

View Posthopterque, on 11 February 2015 - 10:55 PM, said:

LRMs on king crab is old hat, machine guns on grid iron is the new meta.

#76 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:59 PM

View Postdervishx5, on 11 February 2015 - 10:58 PM, said:

In defense of Valar, the reason he left is because the FS leadership fell apart and couldn't agree on anything. Leave him alone guys, he's a bad enough dude to save the president.

He's bad enough that he's still trying to figure out what exactly a president is with help from wikipedia.

Edited by hopterque, 11 February 2015 - 10:59 PM.

#77 Tasker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:59 PM

Wait, let me get straight:

Davion clan rats, losing many worlds every day to Kurita, complain that Kurita too incompetent to fight clans. Yet Davion, losing worlds to Kurita should be sent to fight furry clans? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

I see how this work. Very sneaky, Davion rats. But no, if we can not stop Fed Rat 'defense' of Kurita worlds, we at least even the count.

#78 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:00 PM

View Postdervishx5, on 11 February 2015 - 10:58 PM, said:

There's no ill-will towards him or Marik as a whole. You guys are our friends and allies still at the end of the day, we're happy to coordinate with you on pushing back the clans. Our vote was more that we didn't want to entangle ourselves in the politics of the star league more than a rejection of the individuals within it.

#79 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:00 PM

So, nSL consists of Marik, Steiner, FRR and Davion. Liao and Kurita have decided that they don't want/need to be involved in any group bigger than themselves.

The question is does this mean the nSL focuses on supporting FRR and Steiner and let Kurita continue on their own path? It does simplify the process.

#80 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:01 PM

View Posthopterque, on 11 February 2015 - 10:59 PM, said:

He's bad enough that he's still trying to figure out what exactly a president is with help from wikipedia.

Waiter, why is my whine so salty?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users