The Dcms High Council Speaks

575 replies to this topic

#101 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:21 PM

View Postpwnface, on 11 February 2015 - 11:20 PM, said:

I've addressed all of these points in the post you are quoting, I'm not really sure what you are trying to argue here. The more concurrent matches there are, the less the length of each particular battle matters. I've already shown with math how it is easily possibly for both Clan vs IS or IS vs IS matches can result in a faster planet turnover than against ghost drops.

There's also the very real issue of boredom. People are way more eager to give up ghost dropping for some other activity than they are, say, farming groups of bad davions for millions of cbills.

#102 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:23 PM

View PostWingbreaker, on 11 February 2015 - 11:13 PM, said:

Posted Image

If you'd like our attention, it is yours.

that's a badass Clanner gif. I approve of any excuse to use it.

#103 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:24 PM

View PostThomasMarik, on 11 February 2015 - 10:41 PM, said:

I am assuming you meant 8 concurrent battles? What kind of fantasy land do you live in where there is enough population to field 8 concurrent battles?

going to take a couple minutes away from laughing at this thread to address this. the first couple days of our push against the clans with merc help, on the csj border ALONE we had 90+ attackers to their 90+ defenders on the csj planer we were attacking, and the planet we are defending from them it was 50+ on both sides. that is the reality of fights on the clan border and why we ultimately eschewed it. HK has better things to do with our time then get a few ticks on and watch as they pile on 20+ more then we have and force a never ending string of counter attacks that even if we win them all we gain no more points. even with the crazy amounts of merc help we have gotten, it is still close and can barely be flipped. Even all of that required merc groups to leave the clans. if you dont believe me, join kurita, watch this bs go down lol

also shoutout to prussians clan unity that makes the clan border such a chore lol

Edited by Stealth Raptor, 11 February 2015 - 11:26 PM.

#104 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:27 PM

View PostValar13, on 11 February 2015 - 10:17 PM, said:

But I'm done here. Your e-peen can be as massive as you like. I'm done with you.

Reminder that valar13 posted this on like the 2nd page of this thread.

I'm done here, just let me post like 15 more paragraphs of whiny nonsense first.

#105 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:34 PM

View Postpwnface, on 11 February 2015 - 11:20 PM, said:

I've addressed all of these points in the post you are quoting, I'm not really sure what you are trying to argue here. The more concurrent matches there are, the less the length of each particular battle matters. I've already shown with math how it is easily possibly for both Clan vs IS or IS vs IS matches can result in a faster planet turnover than against ghost drops.

I suppose it all depends on what you are calling a planet turnover. If players are being tied up in either attack or defence then the planet is not taken either way until the ceasefire forces it. If, as it appears the way you view it, they get 8 tickets and then juat say 'oh well I give up' then you were defeated before you started.

#106 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:39 PM

Well generally the highest population times are a few hours before ceasefire, people don't really let up until after.

#107 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:42 PM

View Posthopterque, on 11 February 2015 - 11:15 PM, said:

Greetings Clan Tweety Bird, we can meet up in the middle of steiner in a week or two if you'd like.

Greetings to you, clan mortal combat.

Do it.

<3

#108 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:43 PM

View PostValar13, on 11 February 2015 - 10:48 PM, said:

No? I've been there for the past five or six days now, which is also something you guys probably can't claim to have done in at least a month.

We are on the clan border every night after the Davs through up the white flag. It gives us about 2 hours before ceasefire to fight them.

Now please stop with your pitiful comparison of time on the clan border. You would literally last 4 mins before losing half your mechs while crying clans are op!

I also find your comments hilarious based on you running to factions on the complete opposite side of the map. Avoiding Clans are we?

I wouldn't worry though. The clans are coming and you will get your chance to show us how good you can do vs them.

#109 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:48 PM

View PostProphetic, on 11 February 2015 - 11:43 PM, said:

We are on the clan border every night after the Davs through up the white flag. It gives us about 2 hours before ceasefire to fight them.

Now please stop with your pitiful comparison of time on the clan border. You would literally last 4 mins before losing half your mechs while crying clans are op!

I also find your comments hilarious based on you running to factions on the complete opposite side of the map. Avoiding Clans are we?

I wouldn't worry though. The clans are coming and you will get your chance to show us how good you can do vs them.

6/7-2 today, in which time I burned roughly 2 'mechs per match on a win, 4 on one loss and 2 on another. Would have loved to have had more time to put together a larger sample size, but real life, as it often does, intervened before I had the chance.

At least I didn't run any farther south than I started. B)

Edited by Valar13, 11 February 2015 - 11:50 PM.

#110 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:54 PM

View PostValar13, on 11 February 2015 - 11:48 PM, said:

6/7-2 today, in which time I burned roughly 2 'mechs per match on a win, 4 on one loss and 2 on another. Would have loved to have had more time to put together a larger sample size, but real life, as it often does, intervened before I had the chance.

At least I didn't run any farther south than I started. B)

Yea. Lemme guess what clan border you picked.

If you ran any further south it would be Liao and trust me, they don't want you.

#111 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:57 PM

View PostProphetic, on 11 February 2015 - 11:54 PM, said:

Yea. Lemme guess what clan border you picked.

If you ran any further south it would be Liao and trust me, they don't want you.

The one FRR requested help on, of course - whose salvation the whole nSL thing was largely created to enable.

Funny, though. I can't think of why they wouldn't. Certainly haven't run into a Marik who was less than happy to have me along.

Edited by Valar13, 11 February 2015 - 11:58 PM.

#112 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:03 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 11 February 2015 - 11:00 PM, said:

So, nSL consists of Marik, Steiner, FRR and Davion. Liao and Kurita have decided that they don't want/need to be involved in any group bigger than themselves.

With how this thread ended up, I would say Kurita is representing the nSL well.

Edited by Deadfire, 12 February 2015 - 12:13 AM.

#113 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:33 AM

Mariks, please leave this thread. DCMS has made its decision, regrettable, but that's all that needs to be said at this time.

#114 Shimmering Sword

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:34 AM

Well, The Coalition had a fun rotation through Kuritan space, but with your disappointing refusal to join the Star League you may now enjoy an undefended Jaguar border.

To the Jags. ACES had good matches the few times it managed to match against large Jaguar groups, many of you fight well. Open season on snakes soon, get your fill.

Edited by Shimmering Sword, 12 February 2015 - 12:36 AM.

#115 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:39 AM

View PostWingbreaker, on 11 February 2015 - 11:13 PM, said:

Posted Image

If you'd like our attention, it is yours.

I think your bird is sick, dude. He's all green and ****.

#116 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:49 AM

Kurita has had a lot of difficult choices along the way. They got owned pretty hard early on and focused on the Clans; later when it became apparent that they had not the resources to do so they turned south to Davion when we were (are) mostly empty. All of these decisions drew with them insults and derision and for what it's worth I respect that Kurita did their best to find some unity in finding this solution, there's no way to know if it's the best one for them yet. I also get that at the moment Davion is the easiest, juciest target and the idea of giving up a free lunch for stepping in front of a train every day is a hard one and seems counter-intuitive.

I find two things unfortunate in this though. One is that a council that only functions in binary is inherently prone to failure. If you don't have a release valve for discontents and extreme positions to still express themselves while the bulk moves in a more reasonable direction then you've effectively placed the most extreme positions in complete control of your house and council. A person who is willing to compromise and seek harmony will, inevitably, get worn down or walked over by someone without the desire to do either.

The other is the lost opportunity. House Kurita has the skillset, the position and the coordination to be the heart of any counter-Clan operation. The chance to play center stage and do something that'll be memorable in CW for more than the next week. Whatever the logic or reason behind this decision the result is that it portrays HC as untrustworthy overall; everyone was beating down your door to fight for you and align with you and help you push the Clanners right up north and the response was 'No, we don't want your help, we won't align with any of you save where it significantly benefits us in the short term and let's be clear that we'll change that the moment it suits us. Also please feel free to come fight for us so long as you understand that we'll provide you nothing in return.'

You don't like how pugs are dropping on your border? Invite us to your TS, coordinate with us and ensure we're doing it how you like. That never came up though, unless we left our current faction and joined Kurita.

All or nothing is going to net you nothing in the long run. A refusal to compromise or coordinate forces everyone to make plans in spite of you or counting you as a likely enemy sooner or later.

That is unfortunate. Perhaps that still turns out to be the best choice for Kurita in the long run but for now it smacks of a lost opportunity.

Marik, it's your ball. You already know where Steiner, FRR and Davion stand.

#117 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:55 AM

View PostShimmering Sword, on 12 February 2015 - 12:34 AM, said:

Well, The Coalition had a fun rotation through Kuritan space, but with your disappointing refusal to join the Star League you may now enjoy an undefended Jaguar border.

To the Jags. ACES had good matches the few times it managed to match against large Jaguar groups, many of you fight well. Open season on snakes soon, get your fill.

I will very happily turn down bureaucracy and finger-wagging in favor of low-profile leadership and a council that gets along with one another any day of the week, any time I'm presented with the decision.

If you ever decide you prefer the same you know where to find us.

#118 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:57 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 12 February 2015 - 12:33 AM, said:

Mariks, please leave this thread. DCMS has made its decision, regrettable, but that's all that needs to be said at this time.

Posted Image

#119 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:59 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 12 February 2015 - 12:49 AM, said:

Marik, it's your ball. You already know where Steiner, FRR and Davion stand.

We'll see what Marik chooses to do, won't we? It's a tough choice, between a friend that has worked in close coordination with them since the beginning and an alliance with the enemies who ate their territory until the FWL turned the tables on them and broke them in half. The FWL has proven their character before. Let's watch them do it again.

#120 Abivard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:59 AM

View PostThomasMarik, on 11 February 2015 - 10:41 PM, said:

I am assuming you meant 8 concurrent battles? What kind of fantasy land do you live in where there is enough population to field 8 concurrent battles?

They live on the clan border, same as the FRR, clans often flood queues, all the queues where you see IS vs clan fights you will see the clans stacking the queues with a couple more 12 mans than the IS has on that world.

8 companies dropping on a side is not normal, but it is not rare either. But it is rarely the IS side that can field so many on an attack, and rarely if ever will the IS outnumber the Clan's on any queue, attacking or defending a world.

Edited by Abivard, 12 February 2015 - 01:10 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users