Sneak Peek: Is Quirk Phase 2 (Feb. 17, 2015 Patch)

594 replies to this topic

#61 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:39 PM

View PostGreenjulius, on 12 February 2015 - 02:32 PM, said:

And to those surprised by the shift from Large Pulse Laser to Large Laser on the Wolverine and RVN-2X? They did the SAME DAMN THING to the Centurion AL. It ticked me off.

Oh, I'm not that upset, I just like LPL as a weapon. The 6K will still be effective

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8de4e7a68d7f044

Yup. It's gonna be fine.

#62 kapusta11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:39 PM

View PostKodyn, on 12 February 2015 - 02:38 PM, said:

Looks like the 5K is going to be the most fun QKD now...naturally that'd be the first one I sold after I got it basic for my 4G.

Never sell your mechs kids, lest ye end up like me, constantly rebuying them every other month when they change them.

More like "Never buy mechs at all, they will be nerfed sooner or later anyways".

Edited by kapusta11, 12 February 2015 - 02:40 PM.

#63 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:40 PM

Still waiting for some AWS quirks. If the TDR-9S is supposed to be the premier PPC sniper in the game (for some reason I honestly can't comprehend), I guess they intend to make the AWS-8Q the best PPC brawler? With a 90 meter minimum range? I dunno.

#64 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:40 PM

I'm pleasantly surprised by the changes to the Locusts, with the exception of the 3M. Did it really need nerfed? They just moved the "goodness" from the 3M over to the 1E. I was already rocking the 1E with killer rounds, now it will be even better.

The LCT-1V will be MUCH MORE USABLE with a better duration reduction. It really needed it, because you can fire than damn thing all match and only do 500 damage.

The Arrow gets the "best quirk change award." My prayers were answered, moving the questionable AC20 buffs over to the much more fun MG/LPL builds.

I don't understand why the Wolverine and Thud 9S got nailed so hard. Both were good, but not TimberGod good. A slight nerf, maybe 10% lower values would have been about right. Now both are going to see significantly less use.

Atlai? Basic arm buffs? Yawn.

View PostFate 6, on 12 February 2015 - 02:39 PM, said:

Funny they buffed this one but smashed the SPL Locust. Now we'll just see 6SPL instead of 5. Just what we needed...

Exactly. I don't get it. Who called for the 3M to get nerfed?

Edited by Greenjulius, 12 February 2015 - 02:42 PM.

#65 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:41 PM

View PostNori Silverrage, on 12 February 2015 - 02:37 PM, said:

I'm ok with the Wuberine changes. I mean the LPLs on it were crazy (fun). The LLAS will actually be a nifty change. With range module you can hit over 600m for full damage. Should be able to fire them quite a few times before heat becomes a issue. Yeah I think it'll work out fine. Plus this way, larger engine and 4 LLAS instead of smaller engine and 3 LPLs.

honestly (and I could be wrong)
I simply anticipate the 7K getting some LPL quirks, since it came with one. IN which case, I'll dust mine off like this
WVR-7K
Probably.

#66 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:42 PM

I'm ok with the balance change on the Wolverine-6K but I'm still super upset that I just unlocked and purchased LPL range and cooldown modules. Now there's no reason to have them. Oh well, back to my old Fist of Doom build with 4LL...

#67 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

QKD-5K
Specialty
Additional Armor (LA&RA) +10
Additional Structure (LL&RL) +7
Medium Laser Range +12.5%
Energy Weapon Range +12.5%
Medium Laser Heat Gen -12.5%
Energy Weapon Heat Gen -12.5%
Large Laser Duration +12.5%
Laser Weapon Duration +12.5%
Energy Weapon Cooldown +15%

YEEEES

WVR-6K
Specialty
Additional Structure (RA) +18
Large Laser Range +12.5%
Energy Weapon Range +12.5%
Energy Weapon Cooldown +15%
Large Laser Heat Gen -12.5%
Energy Weapon Heat Gen -12.5%
Laser Duration -15%
Missile Weapon Cooldown +15%

Posted Image

RIP WUBVERINE :( :( :(

#68 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts

View PostGreenjulius, on 12 February 2015 - 02:32 PM, said:

And to those surprised by the shift from Large Pulse Laser to Large Laser on the Wolverine and RVN-2X?
They did the SAME DAMN THING to the Centurion AL. It ticked me off.

The Wolverine was a big problem. I've seen no epidemic of RVN-2Xs. But these new quirks may actually make it even better. Time will tell.

#69 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:43 PM

Wubverine got his wubs ripped out by PGI Magneto...

No moar Weapon W.

Sad attempt at at a new story arc to sell comics.

I cant even...

#70 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:43 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 12 February 2015 - 02:39 PM, said:

Does it need to?

It's a decent platform for a "more effective Centurion brawer with JJs". I'm not saying that is optimal or great, but what they are currently isn't bad, but whatever I guess.

no big gun ballistic means it ain't a more effective Centy Brawler with JJs. SRMs really are getting overrated.

View PostFate 6, on 12 February 2015 - 02:42 PM, said:

I'm ok with the balance change on the Wolverine-6K but I'm still super upset that I just unlocked and purchased LPL range and cooldown modules. Now there's no reason to have them. Oh well, back to my old Fist of Doom build with 4LL...

unless... other mechs you have end up with LPL quirks?

Crazy, right?

#71 Nori Silverrage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 332 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:46 PM

View PostFate 6, on 12 February 2015 - 02:42 PM, said:

Just get a Banshee 3M :) Incidentally they just started selling that champion version...

#72 Porcorosso101

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 122 posts
  • LocationUK, Berkshire

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:46 PM

The 9S is now fine, slight nerf - already got one and i thought OP

But why such a switch/nerf on the Wuberine? I didnt see this mech used alot and they could have reduced the LPL cooldown/range a tad (eg 12.5% to 7.5%)... now its just medium LL expert which the CN9-AL is already

Why PGI....why.... :(

But thank you for the quirks to all the CTFs! ...but again why no love for the Victors?

Edited by Porcorosso101, 12 February 2015 - 02:53 PM.

#73 Felio

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:47 PM

On the Heavy Metal:

AC/5 Cooldown +7.5%
Ballistic Cooldown +7.5%
Laser Duration: -10%

Is replaced by:

Ballistic Cooldown +10%
Ballistic Velocity +10%
Laser Duration: -10%
Missile Cooldown +10%

Not many HM's even carrying missiles, so that's a little unexpected.

The ballistic change seems like a nerf if you were using AC/5s. Though if you want to switch to AC/10 or gauss, it's a small bump.

Oh, and on the subject of machine guns: They are still terrible, and extending their range with quirks isn't going to change that in the slightest. They already hit nothing beyond face-humping range due to poor accuracy. And even if they had pinpoint accuracy, they would still be terrible even if you gave them 1000m range.

Edited by Felio, 12 February 2015 - 02:48 PM.

#74 Stingray Productions

• 1,906 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:47 PM

All very interesting.............

#75 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:49 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 12 February 2015 - 02:42 PM, said:

The Wolverine was a big problem. I've seen no epidemic of RVN-2Xs. But these new quirks may actually make it even better. Time will tell.

It doesn't explain why they change the quirks from LPL to LL. I don't even own a Wolverine, but I'd really like to know why they'd do that. I nearly bought a CN9-AL for my 3rd Centy, but went with a CN9-D instead once they changed the quirks.

I agree that the Wolverine was becoming a problem. When you see too many of one mech, you know it's because it's imbalanced.

The IS LPL is a powerful weapon, but weighs a lot, and has ghost heat after only 2. I suppose I could see someone boat 3-4, but after ghost heat, you're better off running a MPL boat.

Edited by Greenjulius, 12 February 2015 - 02:51 PM.

#76 Nori Silverrage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 332 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:49 PM

View PostPorcorosso101, on 12 February 2015 - 02:46 PM, said:

The 9S is now fine, slight nerf - already got one and i thought OP

But why such a switch/nerf on the Wuberine? I didnt see this mech used alot and they could have reduced the LPL cooldown/range a tad (eg 12.5% to 7.5%)... now its a just LL expert which the CN9-AL is already

Why PGI....why.... :(

I think they did right with the 9S. Smarter heat reduction which will discourage 3 ERPPCs and people might actually take a ballistic or missile weapon. Plus increased velocity making it easier to hit with those 2 ERPPCS. Looks perfect and should diversify the builds a bit.

While it is a drastic change to the Wuberine, I really don't mind it despite having just recently gotten it. But yeah it is drastic. Still we haven't seen the full changes, make the 7K gets LPL quirks?

#77 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:50 PM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 12 February 2015 - 02:19 PM, said:

Please tell me the wolverine 6K is a typo. I just bought the LPL modules yesterday, and now it has large laser quirks? I can handle a nerf, but an outright weapon change?

Haha, good point. How many mechs on the list just had their weapon buffs changed?
  • RVN-2X
  • WVR-6K
  • BJ-Arrow
  • QKD-4H
  • QKD-5K
  • CTF-IM
  • AS7-K
  • HGN-733P
  • ON1-Protector
  • ON1-V
And a bunch of mechs who replaced their weapon specific quirks with generic energy/ballistic/missile quirks.

So glad I didn't buy the LPL modules for my RVN-2X right now.

#78 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

View PostGreenjulius, on 12 February 2015 - 02:49 PM, said:

It doesn't explain why they change the quirks from LPL to LL. I don't even own a Wolverine, but I'd really like to know why they'd do that. I nearly bought a CN9-AL for my 3rd Centy, but went with a CN9-D instead once they changed the quirks.

I agree that the Wolverine was becoming a problem. When you see too many of one mech, you know it's because it's imbalanced.

because of pressure from people like me to see "specific" quirks be oriented toward Stock Mech loadout.

And the 6K packs a Large Laser stock, not a LPL. Same reason the Arrow has MG quirks instead of ac20 , now.

#79 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

View PostGreenjulius, on 12 February 2015 - 02:40 PM, said:

I'm pleasantly surprised by the changes to the Locusts, with the exception of the 3M. Did it really need nerfed? They just moved the "goodness" from the 3M over to the 1E. I was already rocking the 1E with killer rounds, now it will be even better.

The LCT-1V will be MUCH MORE USABLE with a better duration reduction. It really needed it, because you can fire than damn thing all match and only do 500 damage.

well... i guess its time for some locust fun.!

View PostGreenjulius, on 12 February 2015 - 02:40 PM, said:

I don't understand why the Wolverine and Thud 9S got nailed so hard. Both were good, but not TimberGod good. A slight nerf, maybe 10% lower values would have been about right. Now both are going to see significantly less use.

9S and WVR got hit a little bit too hard but i think this will keep them in check. their quirks were way over the top.
Also...
I can understand the broken hitbox on SCRs, but I dont seem to get why people say that the timber is OP... its JJ animation is broken...but as a mech... its not that powerful not on the same level as the late thundergod 9s.

#80 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:51 PM

View PostGreenjulius, on 12 February 2015 - 02:49 PM, said:

I agree. It would be been better to nerf it refine it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users