Sneak Peek: Is Quirk Phase 2 (Feb. 17, 2015 Patch)

594 replies to this topic

#81 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:51 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 12 February 2015 - 02:50 PM, said:

So glad I didn't buy the LPL modules for my RVN-2X right now.

so glad modules are not locked to mechs, so an LPL module I bought for a Raven or Wolverine I can toss into my La Malinche or Arrow, instead.

#82 100 Tonne

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 172 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:53 PM

I would have thought that the Atlas needed extra armour on the CT/LT/RT not the the arms?

#83 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:53 PM

View Postkapusta11, on 12 February 2015 - 02:39 PM, said:

More like "Never buy mechs at all, they will be nerfed sooner or later anyways".

^This is why other than my one PB, I don't see myself ever spending money on a hero mech, mech package, or any MC-only mech. It's one thing for things I've spent time and effort grinding CBills for to change, but if I had spent real money only to have something utterly altered, I'd be pretty disappointed.

In good news, at least the 5K comes with DHS, so for minimal extra CBills I can have fun with this-http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0f122b8d10dfdc3

#84 Dulahan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 361 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:54 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 12 February 2015 - 02:51 PM, said:

so glad modules are not locked to mechs, so an LPL module I bought for a Raven or Wolverine I can toss into my La Malinche or Arrow, instead.

Would be more lovely if I had one of the above. ;) As I have no desire to spend money on those chassis.

But maybe one of the Resistance Mechs will get LPL Quirks. Who knows. Just know none of my current stable has them and I don't have the C Bills to get a new Chassis at the moment. Nor will I for some time (Especially after using this sale to buy up Radar Derp)

#85 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:54 PM

View PostSean Lang, on 12 February 2015 - 02:07 PM, said:

It actually got more refined to be fair. The 9S shines from long range combat, so it got increased 'PPC Velocity' so time to target will be reduced. But the trade is less overall dps (reduced heat). So it will still shine at long range engagements, but if pressed it won't be able to handle quick engagements (such as brawling).

So its no longer firing 7.5 heat ERPPCs? Seems alot better.

#86 Greenjulius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:57 PM

Well, clanners got their wish with the Thud 9S. I'm not opposed to nerfs on it. I think it needed a nerf, but perhaps not such a large one. I never used it anyway. This will seal it back up with the mechs I never use, stripped of everything, including armor.

I'm also glad I didn't buy any other Thuds... I just still have that free 9S from back in April.

With the Locust quirks, I may indeed decide to run a 1E in CW. However, the Arrow quirks are making me reconsider taking the BJ-1X out. The MG range increase should turn them into something more than just tickle-guns past 150m.

I am too excited for next week.

Edited by Greenjulius, 12 February 2015 - 02:58 PM.

#87 Axeface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 655 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:58 PM

The huge changes that will force whole mech loadouts to change is worrying. For how many patches is this going to go on? I have invested large amounts of cbills into these things.

Also, the 9S needed a kick in the face. But after playing a 'counterattack' as IS against clan today I am genuinely worried about CW. And clans are getting their own quirks soon ^^

Edited by Axeface, 12 February 2015 - 03:00 PM.

#88 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:59 PM

View PostAxeface, on 12 February 2015 - 02:58 PM, said:

The huge changes that will force whole mech loadouts to change is worrying. For how many patches is this going to go on? I have invested large amounts of cbills into these things.

Just buy one of each weapon module and be done with it. That's what I'm doing. :wacko:

#89 norus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 222 posts
  • LocationN.A.

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:00 PM

So the first mech I bought was the cn9-AL when it had the LPL quirks, those got changed to large laser. Now the wolverine that I bought for the LPL quirks has had it changed to large laser also. Thanks PGI, thanks for screwing me over twice in a row when I just want a freaking LPL mech.

#90 CrushLibs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 546 posts

its less than 7.5 heat on the ERPPC on the 9S

I did testing and 1.2 heat index on a TW vs a 9S the TW got 8 shots to overheat vs 20 on the 9S

That is a 250% shot increase not 200% so the heat is closer to 6-6.5 heat.

Edited by CrushLibs, 12 February 2015 - 03:14 PM.

#91 Porcorosso101

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 122 posts
  • LocationUK, Berkshire

View PostNori Silverrage, on 12 February 2015 - 02:49 PM, said:

I think they did right with the 9S. Smarter heat reduction which will discourage 3 ERPPCs and people might actually take a ballistic or missile weapon. Plus increased velocity making it easier to hit with those 2 ERPPCS. Looks perfect and should diversify the builds a bit.

While it is a drastic change to the Wuberine, I really don't mind it despite having just recently gotten it. But yeah it is drastic. Still we haven't seen the full changes, make the 7K gets LPL quirks?

We can just pray... - however my 7K is a cool CQC fast JJ mech and ive already loaded mine with one LPL...the 6K can still work with LPLs, its just not the wublover as we knew it.

I did say PGI - 'stop making such drastic changes' but hey you went ahead with it

Edited by Porcorosso101, 12 February 2015 - 03:02 PM.

#92 Axeface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 655 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:01 PM

View PostGreenjulius, on 12 February 2015 - 02:59 PM, said:

Just buy one of each weapon module and be done with it. That's what I'm doing. :wacko:

Its not just that, there are varients I will simply just sell now. I know the balancing needs work but in the future they really need to decide on a mechs quirked weapons and role and stick to it, like they have with the 9s - same quirks, adjusted.

#93 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Because 9S and Wubverine were so OP.
Posted Image

#94 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

View PostAxeface, on 12 February 2015 - 02:58 PM, said:

Also, the 9S needed a kick in the face. But after playing a 'counterattack' as IS against clan today I am genuinely worried about CW. And clans are getting their own quirks soon ^^

Clan quirks mean fewer TimberGods and DoomCrows. They reason they are taken is because the other, for the most part, suck balls.

#95 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:02 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 12 February 2015 - 02:51 PM, said:

The RVN-2X is the only mech I have with an LPL quirk. I used to have an LPL or two on my CN9-AL, but they removed the LPL quirk for that. I run Locusts, Ravens, Firestarters, Cicadas, Centurions, Catapults, Cataphracts, Awesomes, Victors and Highlanders. None of them have LPL quirks now, as far as I know.

#96 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

View PostDulahan, on 12 February 2015 - 02:54 PM, said:

Would be more lovely if I had one of the above. ;) As I have no desire to spend money on those chassis.

But maybe one of the Resistance Mechs will get LPL Quirks. Who knows. Just know none of my current stable has them and I don't have the C Bills to get a new Chassis at the moment. Nor will I for some time (Especially after using this sale to buy up Radar Derp)

or possibly, logically, the WVR-7K? Again, since it's primary armament was an LPL?

#97 Ronious

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 82 posts

Those Quickdraw 5K buffs play right into my hand. Wait a minute, I'm seeing something........., they nerf it shortly after. Well, it was fun while it lasted.

Now if they will just give me a MPL buff for my Spider. I need to pay back a few Firestarters.

Stop teasing us PGI, you know we want LPLs. Quit pulling the ol' bait and switch on us.

Edited by Ronious, 12 February 2015 - 03:06 PM.

#98 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

View PostBig Grimm, on 12 February 2015 - 02:53 PM, said:

I would have thought that the Atlas needed extra armour on the CT/LT/RT not the the arms?

That would be to encourage people to actually use the arms to shield themselves with - one of the things that puts the Atlas over mechs such as the King Crab or Direwolf.

Atlas can easy take 2-3x the damage those two can (in the pugworld at least)
IF the player shields themselves

#99 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:04 PM

Omni mechs had a clear advantage. These are strong perks for IS battle mechs that may finally even the playing field. I am expecting Omni mech pilots that have been winning most battles to be upset when their win losses even out more. I actually expect them to do badly at first.

Tough to tell if these are enough or not.

#100 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:06 PM

Looks OK over all, was hoping for less weapon-centric quirks but looks decent.

BUT I have one serious beef, and it's a big one

Why, oh why, did you put LRM10 quirks on the QKD 4h. That's my golden boy. My single, ost favourite mech.
I mean, I'll still love it even without quirks, but the SRM 4 range and cooldown quirks were perfect!!! Who in their right mind runs LRMS on a QKD 4H??? Hell, on any Quickdraw? Especially when there are 3+ other Is heavies that are made for LRMs!!!

Seriously, I'm like the only guy in the world who plays that mech religiously. Why was I not consulted? :P Who's making these decisions? Who do I have to call on the phone?

LRM 10's? Who do you think I am???? If I was Gordon Ramsey I'd be sending that back to the kitchen and reaming out the cook!!!

Edited by cSand, 12 February 2015 - 03:12 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users