Early Impressions Of The Enforcer Chassis?

94 replies to this topic

#21 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:15 AM

I'll just quot.e myself from the other thread

View PostSjorpha, on 17 February 2015 - 07:04 PM, said:

The enforcer is good, especially like the asymmetric std engine laser vomit build on the 4R, the Dragon Slayer Junior on the 5P which also has a nice XL version and the Gaussvom on the 5D.

Gaussvomit is good on the 4R too, I feel it is really the strongest variant by far. 5P seems to be the weakest, it can't really handle the 2 UAC5 well within it's weight and other options are very limited.

The good news about the Enforcer is that the profile is compact and the hitboxes are good, and it is friendly to both standard and XL builds. It's easy to control the spread of damage, so in a XL build you can spread it all around and in a standard build it is easy to shield into the correct side torso. The hardpoints on the 4R and 5P allows fully asymmetric builds for std engines, while the 5D sort of requires using the ballistic, so it probably won't be running standard engines.

Overall I am pleasantly surprised with how good this chassis seem to be after initial foolarounds.

Edited by Sjorpha, 18 February 2015 - 01:18 AM.

#22 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:05 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 18 February 2015 - 12:59 AM, said:

Being, me, a skirmisher, I'm using them like skirmisher, and I'm very happy with them.

But the good news is that it seems to me they tank enough, and no hitboxes issues.

For me it's a tier 1 or 2.

Now worries at all with low cap engine, 'cause xl260 or xl 250 are engines I use in my hunchies, and there's no problem.
Now I want to test a ENF as a brawler. I'm curious!

So, no, ENF cannot be a brawler, but not for the chassis per se: it has good speed, and can tank and spread enough damage.
BUT sadly it cannot have the tipical brawl weaponry: no AC20 and no srm4.

Tried various loadout, 2lpl3ml, ac10/5ml.... but no. Nothing like my cent ac20/3smr4, or the canopener.

But it's ok; the enforcer is the perfect (at least for me) 50 ton skirmisher that IS didn't have yet.

Edited by Stefka Kerensky, 18 February 2015 - 02:06 AM.

#23 Zuri Prime

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 120 posts
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:16 AM

Enforcers are solid flanking and support units. I've had good luck with dual UAC + ML and LBX + 2 MPL. It's not fast, it lacks armor, but it is maneuverable and its torso twist is fantastic. I'd recommend not face tanking your damage and trying not to turret.

Don't write it off just yet until you elite or master them. It's the mech's first day and people are still getting a feel for it. From what I've seen, it can take a hell of a beating in a skirmish.

#24 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:22 AM

I only took my 5D for a spin.
Ultra 5 and a PPC.

ENFORCER ENF-5D® 1 0 1 0.00 1 1 1.00 169 280 00:07:09

Not a great showing, but It was pretty maneuverable (compared to my Atlas), and it got a kill in its inaugural match.

I sorta like it.

#25 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,624 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:26 AM

View PostSjorpha, on 18 February 2015 - 01:15 AM, said:

I'll just quot.e myself from the other thread

The good news about the Enforcer is that the profile is compact and the hitboxes are good, and it is friendly to both standard and XL builds. It's easy to control the spread of damage, so in a XL build you can spread it all around and in a standard build it is easy to shield into the correct side torso. The hardpoints on the 4R and 5P allows fully asymmetric builds for std engines, while the 5D sort of requires using the ballistic, so it probably won't be running standard engines.

Overall I am pleasantly surprised with how good this chassis seem to be after initial foolarounds.

I agree about the 5P. If I were Russ, I'd remove it and then return it as a Gauss variant or an Energy/Missile/Ballistic

Like so:

Right Arm - AC/5 with two tons ammo; Left Arm- 3 Medium Lasers; Left Torso - 2 SRM 2's with 1 ton ammo.

I doubt that would make tonnage.

Another would be this: RA- ER Lg Laser; LA- ER Lg Laser; RT/LT 2 Medium Lasers.

#26 Piney II

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 04:38 AM

I've only driven the 5D and I like it. Great torso twist and good hit boxes. It will be cool to see what the mech will be like once it's mastered.

#27 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:22 AM

I got one game in the 10K Panther before work last night, and finished Basicing it out during this morning's livestream. Now, I'm a fairly mediocre player, I more or less know what I'm doing, I can build a good mech, and when the stars align properly I have a good game. My overall KDR is 0.85... After 12 matches in the Panther 10K my KDR with it is 2.4 (12 kills, 5 deaths).

After Basicing out that Panther, I finished the livestream with my first match in an Enforcer, scoring 3 kills, 3 assists, and after first victory and premium bonuses netted myself 5206 XP.

My Early Impression? These things are F***IN' SWEET!

#28 Mauller

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:39 AM

I've only really played with the 5D so far, finished basics last night. I'm using an XL300, LBX10 w/4 tons of ammo, 3 ML, 5JJ and AMS w/1 ton ammo. I'm having a blast in the thing. It doesn't really get the kills or top the damage chart, but I average about 500 per match with maybe 1 or 2 kills and a large number of assists.

It's awesome to use this mech in veridian bog as well. Being able to get up to the really high vantage points and flank the enemy is exactly what I feel this mech was built for. Running with my C4 mates last night me, a thunderbolt and another 5D would jump jet around the edges of the map to flank the enemy as they were getting ready to push towards the main group. It would always cause a big split or outright cause them to turn around and get rolled from behind.

So while this mech may be under powered in a direct fight against others in its weight class, the combination of speed and mobility make it fantastic for breaking enemy fire lines. I predominately play a HBK-4G, and I'm really considering splitting my focus between the two now.

Just my thoughts on it so far.

#29 N a p e s

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:20 AM

Only played the 5D so far but looking forward to trying out the other variants.

From what I can tell it's a tanky little mech with well designed hitboxes and appropriate overavll size. This seems to be the general consensus and my experience lines up with that. My initial build didn't perform very well with the LBX feeling quite underwhelming (nothing new I guess...). Switching it up to version 2 has helped enormously on the offensive front and its more mobile to boot.

All in all, looking forward to seeing what can be done with this mech once it's leveled.

#30 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts
  • Location[MW] Ransom's Corsairs

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:32 AM

View PostOtto Cannon, on 18 February 2015 - 12:43 AM, said:

I haven't bothered with the Enforcer yet. It looks ugly, and the C-bill bonus version has LB10X quirks, so I can't see any reason at all to run it instead of a different medium. I'll save it until I get bored enough to spend time and C-bills on something bad just for novelty value.

With a name like yours... I'd think you would love the LB10x that is able to fire every 1.2 seconds when quirked and modded. It's an absolute beast inside 300m.

I'm routinely getting 500+ damage and 2-3 kills with mine. It's insane. I've got my ENF-5D® running a little too cool and slow with the LB10x and 3xMLs.
I should probably cut 1 DHS and 1 ton of ammo and up the engine to an XL280. But it's hard to argue with the sweet spot i'm in right now.

Others have already mentioned the Enforcer's impressive ability to tank. They're spot on, but what i haven't heard mentioned much is just how maneuverable and responsive it is, nor how fast and smooth it's torso twist is. This thing is NIMBLE.

Those pilots who are just turtling, turreting or poptarting with the ENFs are seriously missing every strength this chassis enjoys. The ENF is quickly becoming one of my top 3 favorite Medium mechs. A nearly perfect blend of mobility, durability and lethality.

#31 IceFire

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 45 posts
  • LocationMercStar IX

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:39 AM

Instead of using a Slaser to bump the PPC up, use a Tag. same tonnage, more utility & Cbills :)

#32 Otto Cannon

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:57 AM

View PostMott, on 18 February 2015 - 06:32 AM, said:

With a name like yours... I'd think you would love the LB10x that is able to fire every 1.2 seconds when quirked and modded. It's an absolute beast inside 300m.

Nope. With a name like mine I'm far too busy piloting the Wolverine 6R with twin AC5. It does pinpoint damage incredibly fast out to 620m.

#33 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts
  • Location[MW] Ransom's Corsairs

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:22 AM

View PostOtto Cannon, on 18 February 2015 - 06:57 AM, said:

Nope. With a name like mine I'm far too busy piloting the Wolverine 6R with twin AC5. It does pinpoint damage incredibly fast out to 620m.

*tips hat*

Thank you sir, for softening them up at range. Allowing me to close to brawling distance and tear them open for the kills. ;-)

Posted Image

Edited by Mott, 18 February 2015 - 07:22 AM.

#34 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:25 AM

View PostIceFire, on 18 February 2015 - 06:39 AM, said:

Instead of using a Slaser to bump the PPC up, use a Tag. same tonnage, more utility & Cbills :)

SL: .5T
TAG: 1T

#35 Water Bear

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:07 AM

I can pilot two mediums less-than-or-equal to 45 tons: Cicadas and the BJ-1. I know how to play Centurions and most 55 tonners, too.

I do not understand how to play skirmisher mediums like the Vindicator, Griffon, and now the Enforcer. I never really learned that play style at all, and when I tried to use the Griffon with LRMs and medium lasers it was confusing and wierd. If I didn't put conscious thought in to what I was doing, I would play it like a brawler or a LRM support mech (it fails at both jobs with such a build).

I am watching this thread for ideas. Enforcers are to me what magnets are the the ICP.

Edited by Water Bear, 18 February 2015 - 08:08 AM.

#36 Mauller

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:32 AM

View PostWater Bear, on 18 February 2015 - 08:07 AM, said:

I can pilot two mediums less-than-or-equal to 45 tons: Cicadas and the BJ-1. I know how to play Centurions and most 55 tonners, too.

I do not understand how to play skirmisher mediums like the Vindicator, Griffon, and now the Enforcer. I never really learned that play style at all, and when I tried to use the Griffon with LRMs and medium lasers it was confusing and wierd. If I didn't put conscious thought in to what I was doing, I would play it like a brawler or a LRM support mech (it fails at both jobs with such a build).

I am watching this thread for ideas. Enforcers are to me what magnets are the the ICP.

I know that in my experience, it can be very map dependent. Like I mentioned previous, in maps with a lot of elevation changes like veridian bog, the enforcer really excels at skirmish tactics.

Use cover and high ground to get around behind the enemy and then shoot them in the back, drop a UAV or arty on them and run off to reposition while they turn around to look for me. I use my panther in a similar way. I don't use the 2 erppc build, I use 1 erppc and lrm 5. I get behind the team, snipe, or lrm or uav and cause confusion to give my team a chance to capitalize and push. I may not get many, or any kills, but I enjoy the chaos I can cause.

#37 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:33 AM

View PostOtto Cannon, on 18 February 2015 - 12:43 AM, said:

I haven't bothered with the Enforcer yet. It looks ugly, and the C-bill bonus version has LB10X quirks, so I can't see any reason at all to run it instead of a different medium. I'll save it until I get bored enough to spend time and C-bills on something bad just for novelty value.
yeah, sadly the LBX quirks aren't good enough to make up for the LBX being an LBX. However, the basic ballistic quirks are pretty awesome on their own, so that helps.

#38 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:39 AM

Can someone post a picture of it with 2 PPCs in the torso and 3 PPCs in the arm, that will be the decideing factor if i will buy one or not.

#39 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:40 AM

View PostEscef, on 18 February 2015 - 05:22 AM, said:

I got one game in the 10K Panther before work last night, and finished Basicing it out during this morning's livestream. Now, I'm a fairly mediocre player, I more or less know what I'm doing, I can build a good mech, and when the stars align properly I have a good game. My overall KDR is 0.85... After 12 matches in the Panther 10K my KDR with it is 2.4 (12 kills, 5 deaths).

After Basicing out that Panther, I finished the livestream with my first match in an Enforcer, scoring 3 kills, 3 assists, and after first victory and premium bonuses netted myself 5206 XP.

My Early Impression? These things are F***IN' SWEET!
Yeah, dunno what the deal was for me either, but my 10K without any basics at all is sporting a 3.2kdr. And I'm REALLY bad at lights, so I'm playing it like a fast support medium instead. Little thing is small, spreads damage like a boss, and poptarts incredibly well.

#40 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:44 AM

View PostDONTOR, on 18 February 2015 - 08:39 AM, said:

Can someone post a picture of it with 2 PPCs in the torso and 3 PPCs in the arm, that will be the decideing factor if i will buy one or not.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users