Early Impressions Of The Enforcer Chassis?

94 replies to this topic

#41 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:09 AM

View PostDONTOR, on 18 February 2015 - 08:39 AM, said:

Can someone post a picture of it with 2 PPCs in the torso and 3 PPCs in the arm, that will be the decideing factor if i will buy one or not.

One of the 2 torso energy hardpoints is high mounted, BUT it's always the SECOND one! Which is weird.....

SO, if I put first a ml and then a ppc (to put it in the high point), if I remove the previous ml..... ta daaaaa, the ppc goes down!
Sad.

#42 Greenjulius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:28 AM

My take on each variant:

ENF-5D - Good mix of weapons, but the LB10x leaves a lot to be desired. Up the cooldown by another 10% to take it to 30% (CN9-D is 40%) and it will be more usable. As it is, the best pairing I can come up with is a XL280, 3xMPL, 2xJJ around 3.5 tons of ammo and the rest as DHS. It brawls reasonably well, but seems to suffer from "Jack of all trades, but master of none." I get rounds usually averaging 1-4 kills, 400-650 damage. I never seem to go over 600 damage. Not bad, but below what my Blackjacks can do.

ENF-4R - Lots of potential with this mech. I HATE that just like the 5D, the first energy hardpoint is on the lower torso, not the upper. Other than that, I need to run this mech more to figure out what it will be good for. It really could use a raised engine cap to at least 275, ideally 300.

ENF-5P - I called this one DOA, but found that 3xAC2 is actually a fun build. Bring 7 tons of ammo, 2xJJ, and XL255, and it's a party. Just make sure you understand macros for maximum dakka. I've only run it 3 times, but won all three rounds and averaged 1-3 kills, 450-650 damage. It's hilarious watching people squirm when they are getting peppered with AC2s.

Overall, I like the Enforcer and find it an above average mech with good hitboxes. Solidly tier 2-3. With some work it might be a 1.5-2, but likely never a 0 or 1 due to low slung and limited hardpoints.

#43 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:35 AM

If I was running the 4R I would use something like this
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...10153d48b18baf2

#44 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:48 AM

View PostTerciel1976, on 18 February 2015 - 07:25 AM, said:

SL: .5T
TAG: 1T

Used to be .5 tons in CB ;)

Edited by DONTOR, 18 February 2015 - 09:48 AM.

#45 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:51 AM

View PostTerciel1976, on 18 February 2015 - 08:44 AM, said:

Posted Image

Hmmm i was really hoping it would be similar to the hunchbacks when they have 2 PPCs in the torso (4H) but that arm looks sweet. I think I will get them for C bills eventually.

#46 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:28 PM

Current Enforcers

ENF-4R probably the hardest hitter I got, have not been watching stats until I Master them. Could be done on the 5D too since that one has the CB bonus and use a 265XL, why the 4R cannot use a 265XL when it is the same weight I don't know.
Was using this ENF-5D but needed the 250XL for a Panther. I gave this one a 270XL I had by dropping each leg armor to 39 points and the half ton Gauss ammo. Only once did I run outta Gauss ammo, could do a 265XL keeping that ammo. People do not like the Gauss. Could be done on the 4R for better ML benefits.
ENF-5P, see this post for why.

#47 terrycloth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 769 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:14 PM

I put the ridiculous XL320 from my cicada in the LBX enforcer, and it zips around shotgunning things. LBX-10 and 3 MLs. It's pretty nice -- LBX is deadly at close range and actually hits people at long range, which tends to scare them a bit. Maybe they think it's a swarm of SRMs?

The AC10 one has a bunch of small lasers since it's got so many energy hardpoints. It's actually pretty decent -- other times I've tried to use an AC10 it's been a complete waste of space but -- ha ha ha who am I kidding. It only works at really close range where the small lasers can go to town. People know this and blow the small laser arm+torso off, and then I'm useless with only the AC10.

The third one is currently limping along with a STD 140 from a panther. It is AMAZINGLY SLOW. So I put 2xAC2 + 1xUAC5 on it, and get reasonable results when I can actually engage the enemy from long range. I think if I can ever afford it I'll get an XL200 and make a 4xAC2 build for it, since the AC2s are doing the bulk of the work.

#48 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:24 PM

View PostWildstreak, on 24 February 2015 - 02:28 PM, said:

ENF-4R probably the hardest hitter I got, have not been watching stats until I Master them. Could be done on the 5D too since that one has the CB bonus and use a 265XL, why the 4R cannot use a 265XL when it is the same weight I don't know.

Engine rating limits are based on the mech's stock engine rating. The 4R uses a 200 rated engine stock, the 5D a 250. Allowed engines are not based upon the tonnage of the engine.

#49 Nori Silverrage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 332 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:50 PM

I don't like the quirks on the 5D but it has pretty nice hardpoints unlike the 5P.
4R probably has the best hardpoints and overall most flexible build. Don't like the AC10 quirks though.

#50 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:03 PM

So fa running them like this:

ENF-4R

ENF-5D

ENF-5P

please excuse any typos I am drinking

#51 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:34 PM

View PostNori Silverrage, on 24 February 2015 - 05:50 PM, said:

I don't like the quirks on the 5D but it has pretty nice hardpoints unlike the 5P.
4R probably has the best hardpoints and overall most flexible build. Don't like the AC10 quirks though.

5P is also my least favorite, mostly because it needs another energy hardpoint, and because of the limited and near useless JJs.

That said, running mine with 2xJJ, 255XL, 2AC5 in the LA and 1x MPL in the LT. Works surprisingly solid.

#52 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:40 PM

View PostNori Silverrage, on 24 February 2015 - 05:50 PM, said:

You can always use weapons not specific to the quirks but in the general area.

I could put my 5D Gauss build on the 4R, loses Gauss range & velocity, gains ML range and heat generation.
I could put my 4R build on the 5D, lose LL/ML range, heat generation and bonus AC10 cooldown, gain AC10 range & velocity.

Sometimes that can even pay off. On Panthers, I use MPL on the 10K and ML on the 9R, benefits much better than using PPCs.

#53 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:07 PM

Spent all weekend Mastering Enforcers, Eliting Panthers and pushing for the weekend event that I got all the way though they still need a tweak or two to that. Most of my ability to win the event goes to Enforcers.

Full list of different builds I tried, usually they involve doing 15 point alphas.

ENF-4R
Modified Original - first used, went back to it for Mastery, probably my best one. Effective short to mid range while all the others can go long range.

Old Meta - see below for critics, effective though I prefer the above one. Effective at all ranges.

ENF-5D
Gauss - used one weapon instead of two for a 15 point alpha. Seemed to do well, you just need to like Gauss.

Old Meta - ran at same time as I did on the 4R.

LL & UAC - when I went back to the LL & AC10 4R, I wanted to try this to see if the UAC tonnage savings over the AC10 made it as effective or better. Did OK but I still prefer LL & AC10 due to lack of jamming.

I did have a LBX build for all of 4 matches, did a lot of damage but not good at killing, gave it up and forget how I built it.

ENF-5P
Dual UAC - seen its various versions, don't like it.

ERLL & UAC - did better, when the UAC jams, I still had an ERLL for significant damage. Fast mover.

ERPPC & UAC - much better than the others, kinda Old Meta but the ERPPC speed is not as bad as a standard PPC. Even overheats in a way that it feels like other Mechs I have run. Best 5P of them all, the 5P is the second best of these I have used.

Regarding the PPC & AC combos, despite the desync done some time ago, the combo still seems effective, just ask all the people I killed. I even scored my first Johnny Five with one of these. The 5P ERPPC & UAC is similar with closer speeds even after UAC quirks. The combination of 15 point alphas, mobility, profile and whatever else make this a very effective Mech, probably the King of the 50 tonners.
The Hunchback is tough but has the RT weakness on some.
Centurions tank with some speed but not as many positives.
Trebuchets are oversized LRM boats.
Enforcers are just right, prior to them I could only get this good in KDR with LRM boats & ECM Kit Foxes, Panthers are a bit behind but close, also wound up on more winning teams.

Edited by Wildstreak, 02 March 2015 - 05:10 PM.

#54 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:41 PM

View PostNgamok, on 24 February 2015 - 07:03 PM, said:

please excuse any typos I am drinking

What is it about this game that drives so many to drink? :P

#55 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:50 PM

Personally the 4R is my favourite, where I ignore the ballistic slot and just mount a STD engine and 5 MPL, using the right side as a shield.

The 5P is okay with twin UAC5s, but the arms get shot off with amazing regularity. It can do okay when people allow it too.

With the 5D I think I just put 2AC5s in the right arm backed up by some medium lasers. It's alright I guess.

On the whole though I find the enforcers just very average and very weak. Damage output is moderate but they just can't take much fire. The Centurion feels like it can tank much better, while it pales in comparison to my Shawk 2D2 in firepower, hitboxes and manoeuvrability. I haven't quite finished Eliting them so it might change a little bit.

#56 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:19 PM

View PostTroutmonkey, on 02 March 2015 - 05:41 PM, said:

What is it about this game that drives so many to drink? :P

It's not this game that makes me drink though it's easy to drink while playing this. Between death and next match I have time.

#57 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:41 PM

Well, I'll have an overall review today (Thursday) or tomorrow.

The highlights will be simple.

5P - It's terrible.

4R - Arguably best 50 tonner (arguably pro-meta) in the overall bracket for direct fire.

5D - Glorious Dakka.

The 4R is far better than I thought and that's before I knew what the quirks were. With the quirks, it is ridiculous.

Edited by Deathlike, 04 March 2015 - 10:42 PM.

#58 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:36 AM

I find teh Enforcer to be exactly what I expected it to be. A tough no nonsense Medium Mech. It performs better than my Centurion... Which makes me just a little sad. I always liked the Cent better for some reason.

#59 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 05 March 2015 - 05:24 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 05 March 2015 - 02:36 AM, said:

I find teh Enforcer to be exactly what I expected it to be. A tough no nonsense Medium Mech. It performs better than my Centurion... Which makes me just a little sad. I always liked the Cent better for some reason.

still the opposite for me, but the JJs in the ENF make it hard to give up. I think if the thing liked to get sticky with environment geometry a little less, it would be second only to my HBKs.

That said, it's fun, tough and solid. I run my 4R like a baby Summoner Prime, which maybe is part of why I enjoy it so much.

#60 Mirumoto Izanami

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 05:26 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 March 2015 - 05:24 AM, said:

That said, it's fun, tough and solid. I run my 4R like a baby Summoner Prime, which maybe is part of why I enjoy it so much.

Does it make you a little sad inside, that the Enforcer, if it had a missle slot, could be a better summoner prime than the summoner?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users