199 replies to this topic

#21 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:36 AM

View PostYCSLiesmith, on 22 February 2015 - 08:33 AM, said:

It takes considerably less than 100 million cbills to make a drop deck that wins matches. NKVA wins often trial mechs.

Yeah, we do to, pulling our new jacks.

However, at 9-10 mil a mech, 120million before modules is about what you need to have four mastered mechs.

Edited by Yokaiko, 22 February 2015 - 08:36 AM.

#22 YCSLiesmith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:42 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 22 February 2015 - 08:32 AM, said:

The clans are getting an IS tier light, so all IS lights are gonna be awful very soon.

which one? the Firemoth? I want a firemoth.

either way though, the IS has a range of really good lights. The Raven line (especially the Huginn), pretty much every Firestarter variant, the jenner. They take up dramatically different light roles and can totally win matches on their own. I don't think the advantage will disappear if the clans get a decent light.

Also brawling remains an IS specialty. Lets face it, the direwolf is a trash mech compared to the Atlas DDC or the Crab or the thunderbolt 9S. At close range the clan laser advantage drops off significantly and the superior damage per heat of IS mechs becomes the deciding factor.

View PostYokaiko, on 22 February 2015 - 08:36 AM, said:

Yeah, we do to, pulling our new jacks.

However, at 9-10 mil a mech, 120million before modules is about what you need to have four mastered mechs.

even that isn't 'hundreds of millions' though. And it's the endgame goal, the ideal drop deck, not a requisite for playing and winning regularly.

New players are disgusted by CW because they aren't grouped up and are getting rolled because CW is hard and filled with nutcases who care about dots on the map. That's really it. You could solve this by neutering CW and pissing off the whales who drop a thousand dollars on robots or by encouraging new players to join groups. hmm...

#23 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:46 AM

Don't let new players drop solo. Must have 1000+ ELO to drop solo or you must be with a group.

#24 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:47 AM

View PostYCSLiesmith, on 22 February 2015 - 08:42 AM, said:

New players are disgusted by CW because they aren't grouped up and are getting rolled because CW is hard and filled with nutcases who care about dots on the map. That's really it. You could solve this by neutering CW and pissing off the whales who drop a thousand dollars on robots or by encouraging new players to join groups. hmm...

No just make there are barrier to entrance so that the guy that only owns the mech he bought with the cadet bonus doesn't think that getting into the shark pool is a good idea.

#25 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:49 AM

Again, I've played and won a bunch of CW matches and I still use some trial mechs. It's about teamwork and skill. Money helps but money can't buy victory in this game (anymore, thanks New PGI)

#26 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 09:01 AM

View PostYCSLiesmith, on 22 February 2015 - 08:49 AM, said:

Again, I've played and won a bunch of CW matches and I still use some trial mechs. It's about teamwork and skill. Money helps but money can't buy victory in this game (anymore, thanks New PGI)

You joined a unit and they helped you get up to speed.

Now you probably have ELO over 1000.

They make you honabro warrior.

#27 Necromantion

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 22 February 2015 - 09:03 AM

ROFL these threads are getting laughable.

I am so tired of seeing "Clan tech is OP... waaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaa"

No its not.

Get better, play with organized groups.

#28 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 09:19 AM

View PostHARDKOR, on 22 February 2015 - 09:01 AM, said:

You joined a unit and they helped you get up to speed.

Now you probably have ELO over 1000.

They make you honabro warrior.

Yes. Thats my point. Join a unit.

#29 Sylonce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 300 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 February 2015 - 09:20 AM

Err... CW is "hard mode"?

I would hardly consider myself experienced with this game, and victory seems to come more akin to a poker hand than any large margins of skill (at least in my experience). It has a lot to do with teamwork, yes, and also the kind of 'mechs you drop in the game (cards you play). Undoubtedly, the clan side does have a bit more edge on range and lasers, but meh, they are supposed to as per canon. The 'mechs are expensive though, and the requirement to buy oneself into the Clans does appear problematic.

What I think CW needs is other ways to achieve victory, as opposed to simply blowing up Omega over and over again. The ability to employ other tactics would be beneficial to both sides.

#30 Warblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 503 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Qc, Cnd

Posted 22 February 2015 - 09:35 AM

View PostSylonce, on 22 February 2015 - 09:20 AM, said:

Err... CW is "hard mode"?

For new players most-likely yes, not players like you or myself that have been playing almost 3yrs+ who have experiance.

Edit:
For new player reading this.. dont drop solo or run trial mechs in CW.. your just asking for it.

Edited by Warblood, 22 February 2015 - 09:37 AM.

#31 DoctorDetroit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 483 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 09:37 AM

This is the reason PvE is being discussed (hopefully worked on too) right now. Get training against AI before jumping into the deep end. I myself wouldn't mind the occasional comp stomp either.

#32 Necromantion

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 22 February 2015 - 09:39 AM

View PostDoctorDetroit, on 22 February 2015 - 09:37 AM, said:

This is the reason PvE is being discussed (hopefully worked on too) right now. Get training against AI before jumping into the deep end. I myself wouldn't mind the occasional comp stomp either.

From the sounds of it after the next tutorial mode they put in they will be looking into pve late 2015 early 2016

Most people dont even know about the tutorials, it should be forced on new players IMO though the more important skills like positioning, knowing where your harpoints are to avoid wasted shots/friendly fire, etc are all not something that will be taught in a tutorial

#33 Novawrecker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:09 AM

View PostJakob Knight, on 22 February 2015 - 05:18 AM, said:

Second is that many new players are likely solo players who do not have or do not want teams to play alongside.

The problem with this concept is that (and I do not mean to sound harsh as it is not my intention), regardless if you're in a unit or not, if one is a soloist or likes to group, this game is a team base game (especially in CW). They're going to have to learn how to play alongside in one way or another whether they like it or not. And now that this game has its own VoIP, there really isn't any legit excuse. Granted, I know it's not 100% perfect, but if people come to this game thinking it's a DS Pokemon where they can solo it all, pardon, but they playing the wrong game.

View PostNecromantion, on 22 February 2015 - 09:39 AM, said:

Most people dont even know about the tutorials, it should be forced on new players IMO ...

Sadly. many ignore the tutorial as well. I have to agree that it should be a necessary thing to go through.

Edited by Novawrecker, 22 February 2015 - 10:11 AM.

#34 AssaultPig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 907 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:44 AM

it isn't because clans are OP, it's because the game mode is terrible

#35 Scandinavian Jawbreaker

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,251 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFinland

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:50 AM

View PostAssaultPig, on 22 February 2015 - 10:44 AM, said:

Long range maps with Clans having superior long range weapons. Who would've thought :P

#36 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 11:28 AM

View PostAssaultPig, on 22 February 2015 - 10:44 AM, said:

clans are not OP, you are bad at this game and need to learn to play better. It's a poor craftsman as blames his tools.

#37 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 11:33 AM

CW definitely hard mode for Davions queuing up on Kurita border. Ha ha ha.

#38 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 February 2015 - 01:34 PM

View PostBlack Ivan, on 22 February 2015 - 04:48 AM, said:

The other things might be that the new players expect CW to be a fun afair like the one in World of Tanks. Instead they are frown into shark waters where fun is only for the winners, since CW makes no fun when loosing.

Has WoT changed so much since the last time I played it? I remember CW being a guild only affair filled with very high tier tanks. I don't recall it being 'new player' friendly at all.

#39 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 01:47 PM

View Postugrakarma, on 22 February 2015 - 10:50 AM, said:

Long range maps with Clans having superior long range weapons. Who would've thought :P

If you don't derp around in the gates there is no need for a thousand yard range. Even on boreal you can do just fine in a brawler.

#40 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 22 February 2015 - 01:55 PM

it's new players disgusted with CW? i have most of the clan mechs + a lot of the IS ones, i'v played 200+ games since new years and not one of them have been CW

i learned quick - CW isn't for PUGs. if you drop as a PUG expect to get beaten to a pulp, and be surprised if you do pull off a win

that being said with the units busy in CW i'm enjoying PUG dropping more than ever

Edited by JagdFlanker, 22 February 2015 - 01:57 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users