Stopping The Light Rush

25 replies to this topic

#1 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:39 PM

No one likes the light rush, everyone who talks on it is of the same opinion, its lame and not really playing the game the way its intended.

An easy fix is make CW 1/1/1/1 drop decks and make it so that only 3 of any weight class can be in each drop. Fixed.

#2 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:55 PM

"Yeah **** the light rush! Give us 1/1/1/1! "

"Wait, we can't take three thunderbolt decks anymore? [redacted]"

sigh.

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 23 February 2015 - 05:52 PM.
Language

#3 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 22 February 2015 - 11:05 PM

sooo...how are you going to make it so that only 3 of each weight class is in any given drop? what happens if there are 3 heavies on the field and you only have a heavy left? do you have to wait till 1 dies? no no no, nothing is wrong with the light rush, what is wrong is a lack of team work and an understanding of how to beat it. Please stop trying to nerf things that do not need nerfed. Simple change of tactics is usually sufficient enough to handle most issues in this game.

#4 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 February 2015 - 11:10 PM

Doesn't matter how many are on field only how many drop, 1st drop is easy, 2nd drop occurs when one man dies, if the first 3 dead then chose a light the next 9 couldn't. Simple really. And the light rush does need a fix,

#5 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 22 February 2015 - 11:37 PM

Your statement didn't answer any of my questions. What if you only have a heavy left in your drop deck and there are 3 already on the field? Lights are easily killed with streaks. I know that IS has less effective streaks but they can still get the job done. Also, aiming for the legs is very effective. But since you said that they do need a fix with no supporting argument, I guess that makes you right. Sorry to interject.

#6 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 11:38 PM

View PostPat Kell, on 22 February 2015 - 11:37 PM, said:

Your statement didn't answer any of my questions. What if you only have a heavy left in your drop deck and there are 3 already on the field? Lights are easily killed with streaks. I know that IS has less effective streaks but they can still get the job done. Also, aiming for the legs is very effective. But since you said that they do need a fix with no supporting argument, I guess that makes you right. Sorry to interject.

You should hear the IS whines about light rushes.

.....usually before they ask one light or two in the deck.

#7 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 22 February 2015 - 11:39 PM

I would imagine it is a little more difficult to handle on the IS side but it can still be dealt with if you work together, aim for legs

#8 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 11:43 PM

View PostPat Kell, on 22 February 2015 - 11:39 PM, said:

I would imagine it is a little more difficult to handle on the IS side but it can still be dealt with if you work together, aim for legs

Oddly the best answer on the IS side is lights.

#9 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:29 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 22 February 2015 - 11:43 PM, said:

Oddly the best answer on the IS side is lights.

Understandable. If everyone's moving at the same speed, you can't just ignore them. In one hilarious match, JFP ran against an IS light rush...with its own light rush.

Lemme tell you, that was a [mess].

Language

#10 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:31 AM

View PostWingbreaker, on 23 February 2015 - 12:29 AM, said:

Understandable. If everyone's moving at the same speed, you can't just ignore them. In one hilarious match, JFP ran against an IS light rush...with its own light rush.

Lemme tell you, that was a [mess].

Yeah forget focus, just shoot at random crap till you overheat, its hilarious.

Language in quote

#11 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:12 AM

Only thing wrong with Light rushes is you dont get paid if the enemy cant handle it.

#12 Lawrence Elsa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 202 posts
  • LocationPacific Standard Timezone

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:41 AM

Streakboats, BAP, Pulse lasers.

You're welcome

#13 NextGame

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:44 AM

View PostAce Selin, on 22 February 2015 - 10:39 PM, said:

No one likes the light rush, everyone who talks on it is of the same opinion, its lame and not really playing the game the way its intended.

An easy fix is make CW 1/1/1/1 drop decks and make it so that only 3 of any weight class can be in each drop. Fixed.

This game needs 1/1/1/1 for CW like most people need an extra hole in their head.

All you achieve is making the game even more predictable.

Just No.

#14 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 05:07 AM

1/1/1/1 is a solution that is worse than the problem.

#15 Dr Gonzo316

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 104 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 February 2015 - 05:30 AM

1/1/1/1 would really be a major step backwards. I like having the opportunity to design my dropdeck with a large amount of freedom to try different things. 1/1/1/1 would reduce any dropdeck to maybe 2-3 viable mechs per weight class for IS, while the clanners would have a huge disadvantage since their lights and Assaults are basically useless atm for CW.

Since PGI wants to sell its Clan Wave 3 Package, I am quite convinced that it will come anyway soon.

Another solution would be to increase the HP of Gens and Omega, so you have to clear the space around them in order to get them down. Or you give the turrets "Clantech" by adding SSRM6 or something like that. This way the heavies and assaults would not feel much, for lights and mediums it would be devastating.

@Pat Kell: Believe me, for IS teams it is simply not possible to counter 3 waves of lightrush lacking the huge streakboats you guys have.

#16 Tuefel Hunden

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 180 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:37 AM

Bad idea. I love dropping with 3 Hellbringers. Jesus box FTW!!!

(OH NOES!!!! Now PGI will know what mech I like and nerf it!!!)

Edited by Tuefel Hunden, 23 February 2015 - 06:38 AM.

#17 Moriquendi86

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 97 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:50 AM

1/1/1/1 will not solve your problem. It still gives 1 wave of 12 lights and that's all you need to kill Omega in most cases.

Very often we use light rush to get omega to 10% and secure the victory, then we go with 2 waves of heavies so everybody will earn some money and if we need it last wave of lights and mediums to end the game. Very effective. very profitable and still viable with 1/1/1/1.

#18 Necromantion

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:23 AM

How about up the generator 1-3 HP and make it so that if no gate generators are down the turrets do more damage? :3

#19 Dr Gonzo316

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:40 AM

View PostMoriquendi86, on 23 February 2015 - 06:50 AM, said:

1/1/1/1 will not solve your problem. It still gives 1 wave of 12 lights and that's all you need to kill Omega in most cases.

Very often we use light rush to get omega to 10% and secure the victory, then we go with 2 waves of heavies so everybody will earn some money and if we need it last wave of lights and mediums to end the game. Very effective. very profitable and still viable with 1/1/1/1.

Versus unorganized defenders that might be true, against a decent team 1 wave would maybe get the 3 o-gens down and scratch omega a bit, but afterwards decisive counterpushing prevents you from getting in and you are screwed. We recently had the "honor" to defend against Mariks and Davions a lot, and we did not lose a single game to teams with only 1 wave of lights.

#20 -Natural Selection-

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:24 AM

I liked the one guys suggestion of making it so you have to have the better of the kill count also, like in the counter attack.

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users