#21 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:29 AM

View PostZolaz, on 23 February 2015 - 11:27 AM, said:

IS warriors tired of Clan crying about everything. You have the best mechs ... learn how to use them.

As long as we ignore half of everything?

I suppose. That's all CW is.

#22 Kausteck

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:29 AM

View PostMauttyKoray, on 23 February 2015 - 09:15 AM, said:

1. The LB AC-X system needs to be finished. The ability to swap between LB and AC ammo would be the biggest positive to the terrible state of clan ballistics right now.

I wholeheartedly agree with this.

#23 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:31 AM

IS warriors tired of Clan crying about everything. You have the best mechs ... learn how to use them.

I'll trade you my Timber Wolves, Dire Wolves and Storm Crows, for your cooler shoter burn lasers, cooler and shoort burn time pulse lasers, FLD AC's, and cooler PPC's....

#24 Malcolm Vordermark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:41 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 23 February 2015 - 11:31 AM, said:

I'll trade you my Timber Wolves, Dire Wolves and Storm Crows, for your cooler shoter burn lasers, cooler and shoort burn time pulse lasers, FLD AC's, and cooler PPC's....

So you're switching to IS?

#25 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:42 AM

View PostRouken, on 23 February 2015 - 11:41 AM, said:

So you're switching to IS?

Nope, I love my Hellbringer, Warhawk, and Adder very, very much.

#26 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:46 AM

You're still missing the fundamental fact that its not just a clan ballistics issue, its a clan laser issue.

There is a good reason why even many IS builds are trying to cram lesser IS lasers onto builds instead of ballistics outside of a few very select mechs.

#27 Nori Silverrage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 332 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:57 AM

View PostUltimatum X, on 23 February 2015 - 11:46 AM, said:

You're still missing the fundamental fact that its not just a clan ballistics issue, its a clan laser issue.

There is a good reason why even many IS builds are trying to cram lesser IS lasers onto builds instead of ballistics outside of a few very select mechs.

Yes, there is. Because the Clan AC weapons are so horrendous as to warrent nonuse in all but a but circumstances. If you took away all clan lasers and instead gave them IS lasers you would still never see Clan AC weapons.

IS or Clan AC weapons have a lot of downsides. They are very heavy, take up a lot of space, they need ammo (and more space), ammo can explode, and they are a projectile in some cases a slow one.

So what is the upside? For IS it is that one shot does a lot of damage. Pinpoint damage is incredibly good. They also are pretty heat effecient. For Clans the only good part is they are heat effecient. But in 95% of cases you would be better off with any other weapon and just adding heatsinks for the different. And by any other I am including SRMs and the like.

Edited by Nori Silverrage, 23 February 2015 - 11:58 AM.

#28 Mordin Ashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:06 PM

Pardon me good sir, would you like some more coffee with your bullsh*t?

ACs are complicated in MWO, they don't work unless boated (or quirked to simulate boating). IS has quirks to help and on some chassis (Cataphracts, Jagers, Crabcakes) they simply boat them. Eventually they work because of these two things.

Clans have no quirks worth mentioning and we can't boat anything because even average IS medium has more free space than Timby. We can't boat ballistics because we don't have the free weight to mount more than 2 - and those 2 must be small and we will struggle with ammo. We can't even take 2 gausses, something every IS heavy+ can do with ease!

Ballistics are in a difficult spot but IS has 2 things to make them work. Clans have 0 so there we go...

Edited by Mordin Ashe, 23 February 2015 - 12:08 PM.

#29 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:06 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 23 February 2015 - 11:31 AM, said:

lol ... you might but the majority of your clan mates are happy being OP at the moment. But hey, if you QQ enough PGI might give you what you want. Look at what they did to the TDR-9S.

#30 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:09 PM

View PostZolaz, on 23 February 2015 - 12:06 PM, said:

lol ... you might but the majority of your clan mates are happy being OP at the moment. But hey, if you QQ enough PGI might give you what you want. Look at what they did to the TDR-9S.

Posted Image

#31 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:14 PM

Ya I agree that we need LBX Slugs in the game as soon as possible. Lack of clan ballistic choices is the main reason I'm not playing much anymore. Super bored and tired of Laser vomit...

#32 Macksheen

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationNorth Cackalacky

Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:39 PM

I thought Russ was going to speed up the projectiles? That'd help quite a bit.

#33 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:46 PM

And other thing about the LB-X series...

Why the crap hasn't the LB 2-X having only 1330 m/s velocity been fixed yet? I think it's kinda sorta supposed to be 2000 m/s....

Edited by FupDup, 23 February 2015 - 12:46 PM.

#34 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:48 PM

View PostFupDup, on 23 February 2015 - 12:46 PM, said:

And other thing about the LB-X series...

Why the crap hasn't the LB 2-X having only 1330 m/s velocity been fixed yet? I think it's kinda sorta supposed to be 2000 m/s....

Good copypasta is Lostech. You know this better than anyone. :P

#35 Nori Silverrage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 332 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:07 PM

View PostMacksheen, on 23 February 2015 - 12:39 PM, said:

I thought Russ was going to speed up the projectiles? That'd help quite a bit.

Not if the delay between shots stays as high as it is. Reduce it to four shots in 0.25s and maybe it'll work and not even need a velocity boost.

#36 WarZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 538 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:19 PM

Another major reason why you see mostly laser vomit is because with the exception of the Dire Wolf, I believe all other clan mechs have such limited weapon tonnage that you can't mount / boat too much dakka. For example, you can't put dual gauss / ac20 on any clan mech except the Dire. You can fit 2 on a Timber, but you cant carry enough ammo to make it worthwhile (I think 3-4 tons total depending on your armor sacrifices). You can barely put dual ac10's on a Timber.

All but one of the clan mechs sacrifice weapon tonnage for speed (locked engines and JJ's). They simple dont have the tonnage to have comparable ballistics loadouts that the IS mechs can carry.

For example, 65 ton IS mechs can mount dual gauss and carry sufficient ammo to run them for a match. They can mount dual ac20 as well.

The best way clans can get sufficient alpha power for the tonnage is to use lasers.

That alone is the single largest contributor to laser vomit.

If I could mount dual guass on a Timber, maybe even dual ac20, I'd happily do so. The hard points exist. There is simply not enough tonnage to make it work. I'd trade some of that speed in a heart beat.

Heck even looking at the wave 3 mechs, the executioner, people are saying will have only 25 to 26.5 tons of weapon space. That means no dual gauss, since you couldnt mount enough ammo to run them. Thats means more laser vomit. Thats a 95 ton mech, that has the potential hard points, but simply cant mount much ballistics even if it wanted too.

Then on top of the above, you have laser like damage spray.

#37 0bsidion

• 1,653 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:25 PM

View PostDONTOR, on 23 February 2015 - 12:14 PM, said:

Ya I agree that we need LBX Slugs in the game as soon as possible. Lack of clan ballistic choices is the main reason I'm not playing much anymore. Super bored and tired of Laser vomit...

I wouldn't say lack of choices is our issue. The issue is that pretty much all those choices are underwhelming. But I agree it would be nice to have the choice between solid rounds and cluster rounds. It's been how long since Clans were released and we still don't have a hot swapping option for ammo? What are they going to do if they ever want to release other ammo types into the game? Are we going to have Thunder LRM 15s and Follow the Leader LRM 15s? It's silly to make a different weapon for different ammo, and it makes the UI unnecessarily cumbersome.

#38 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:32 PM

View PostZolaz, on 23 February 2015 - 12:06 PM, said:

Look at what they did to the TDR-9S.

Look at what, fixing the Thunderbolt 9S?

It never should have had half heat ERPPC's to begin with, that mech only ever carried one in TT/Lore... those quirks made it a better Awesome, than the freaking Awesome. Hell it was a better Warhawk, than the Warhawk. If you don't see that as being a problem, well I don't know what else to say.

#39 DjPush

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:33 PM

I seriously doubt any correction to UAC weapons would stop the clans from boating laser weapons. Pinpoint alphas compared to spray and pray? C'mon dude.

#40 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:34 PM

Thunderbolts 9S everywhere
People ask it to be toned down a bit
Thunderbolt 9S gets a nerf
Thunderbolt 9S still everywhere.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users