358 replies to this topic

#281 Leopardo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 04:21 AM

View PostShinVector, on 25 January 2016 - 01:50 AM, said:

Now that SWOL has joined that fray in Marik.. I guess that is not a surprise.

blah dude even 69 mg gone for mariks.....today gong to ba same thing 40 vs 100)))))

#282 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 09:59 PM

View PostLeopardo, on 25 January 2016 - 04:21 AM, said:

blah dude even 69 mg gone for mariks.....today gong to ba same thing 40 vs 100)))))

The more the merrier !

Posted Image

Edit:
I other news silver lining in the clouds, it seems like quite a few NA Liao Veterans had woken up from hibernation and playing the game again...
Interesting times...

Edited by ShinVector, 25 January 2016 - 10:31 PM.

#283 Baphomech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 214 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 January 2016 - 04:49 PM

Contract ended last weekend - re-upped as a Loyalist. Count me in for the long-haul, gents.

#284 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:13 AM

View PostYogSothoth, on 26 January 2016 - 04:49 PM, said:

Contract ended last weekend - re-upped as a Loyalist. Count me in for the long-haul, gents.

and this is what we should all be shooting for.

Creating an interesting and fun environment to get more players invested and having fun with this whole CW thing.

#285 Baphomech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 214 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:57 AM

How are we getting CapCon's image out there, other than what is on the forum? Do we have a community page on Steam? Not only do we need more people for our faction, but for the good of the game, we should also do our part to attract new players whenever possible.The hotspot of CW is currently the Liao/Marik/Davion conflict, right? Let's play it up, focus attention on it, and give folks a good show!

PGI provided a playground and some toys, but it's up to the players to flesh out the game world. The lore is just backdrop - we are driving the narrative.

#286 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 27 January 2016 - 11:03 AM

View PostYogSothoth, on 27 January 2016 - 10:57 AM, said:

How are we getting CapCon's image out there, other than what is on the forum? Do we have a community page on Steam? Not only do we need more people for our faction, but for the good of the game, we should also do our part to attract new players whenever possible.The hotspot of CW is currently the Liao/Marik/Davion conflict, right? Let's play it up, focus attention on it, and give folks a good show!

PGI provided a playground and some toys, but it's up to the players to flesh out the game world. The lore is just backdrop - we are driving the narrative.

I know we've set up a page on Steam as well as a website, TS server, and have players in various games outside of MWO that help promote our unit as well.

RMA isn't just an MWO unit. It's a gaming group and our players play many other games.

#287 Heart of Storm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 155 posts
  • Location[Redacted]

Posted 29 January 2016 - 04:02 AM

So, Marik has captured the 8 planets they set out to achieve so in theory their war against Liao has ended.

They still have all those Mercs they recruited running riot so wr can expect to receive some more attacks from them whilst they get their house in order.

Question before us is "what should we do" we can keep attacking Marik, however 2 front wars arent to our advantage and we will continue to lose territory if we allow that.

My suggestion is we only drop defensively against Marik for the time being, until they reveal what they plan to do next, and focus our offensive efforts on Davion.

If Marik loyalists continue to drop against Liao held worlds then we can claim open season on purple birds until the end of this CW cycle.

TCAF in particular would be good to know what you intend to do from this stage on?

#288 MingTheMerciless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 200 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between here and Sian

Posted 29 January 2016 - 10:24 AM

Yeah -- good time for a pause methinks but I fear that momentum (on all sides) will be difficult to stop. I have been dropping on Davion worlds. Defending against Davions as my second choice and went to the Quick Drop queue as my third choice. I *DID* drop against Marik by accident -- I answered the Call To Arms, formed up and found myself Marik bound before I could say 'Er, Davions are <THAT> way..'

Having said that, I quite enjoy the CW fighting -- very decent opponents across the board and as Liao, not much waiting times as we have two fronts and not enough to adequately cover even one. So our wait times are low compared to others.

However, longer term -- CW 3 and beyond? I am unsure whether there's enough goodwill (or common sense) left on any side to negotiate a NAP or 'control' unruly elements. We're being squeezed and it will continue, as there's no incentive for the Marik or Davion to stop what they're doing. Or House Liao to continue striking back. Steiner and Kurita fronts are quiet at the moment (where are the Clans?) so I can expect more pressure on House Liao. Not less.

Mind you, if there's voting for fronts: then I am 100% for attacking House Davion.

This re-centers my universe.

MingTheMerciless

#289 Artanizzz

• PipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 04:19 AM

In my personal opinion CW became boaring again once the war with Mariks has stopped.

Since we never really felt any threat as the Faction this conflict brought a new twist in to routine, comfortable and (again) boaring 'Davions pugs/HHOD/PHL killing', although we had some nice fights I must admit.
It made Liao main weekness - pure lack of manpower - even more obvious, and we all must work on mitigiating this issue instead of sitting back, relaxing and killing some more Davions.
During the time of conflict TCAF has managed to recruit some 20+ pilots (Liao, Davion, Marik pilots) and some of them right during the drops.

As for official TCAF position regarding the future plans - it will be posted later, so stay tuned.

#290 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:43 AM

View PostArtanizzz, on 02 February 2016 - 04:19 AM, said:

In my personal opinion CW became boaring again once the war with Mariks has stopped.

ding ding ding

Who cares about planets?
Seriously
What difference do they make?

It's not like we can actually win anything. CW isn't anything more than quickplay with drop decks and a "map". It's also all moot once it goes to "IS vs Clan". No point in all of this energy being put into something that can't be translated in game.

#291 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 02:33 PM

In the meantime, sit back, relax and kill some more Davions. Posted Image

#292 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 06:25 PM

House Davion is so desperately besieged on all sides, that they are sending two companies of Mechs to ghost drop on House Liao held Sarna. #FirstLordProblems

#293 stevemac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 415 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWazan Meat Grinder

Posted 02 February 2016 - 06:41 PM

Were just wondering when you will put as much action on the field as you do in the forums

#294 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 06:58 PM

I find it interesting that a Liao is proclaiming Davion as First Lord.

#295 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 06:59 PM

View Poststevemac, on 02 February 2016 - 06:41 PM, said:

Were just wondering when you will put as much action on the field as you do in the forums

Let's talk about lack of gratitude. I am tirelessly trying to recruit mercenaries to fight you. You should be thanking me!

Instead, Davion sympathizers come to the House Liao forum to complain about how they feel out numbered without House Marik by their side.

Do you see this field? It is barren. Guess what we grow there.

#296 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 07:14 PM

View PostThomasMarik, on 02 February 2016 - 06:58 PM, said:

I find it interesting that a Liao is proclaiming Davion as First Lord.

First Lord is one of the titles claimed by the Successor Lords of the five major Houses. It's gone out of fashion to use it, but that is certainly how Hanse Davion styled himself when he attempted to take over the Inner Sphere during the Fourth Succession War.

We hope he chokes on the Arby's Meat Mountain.

#297 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 07:24 PM

First Lord is the title all great houses claim. All houses say they are the rightful heir to the Star League.

#298 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 07:52 PM

View PostThomasMarik, on 02 February 2016 - 07:24 PM, said:

First Lord is the title all great houses claim. All houses say they are the rightful heir to the Star League.

That's what I said, but there are only five Successor Houses. Rasalhague didn't exist at the time of the Star League and has never made that claim.

#299 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:04 PM

So like this?
Posted Image

This post is intended to show Our CW activity, not to "Name and shame"

Edited by Stoneblade, 02 February 2016 - 10:07 PM.

#300 MingTheMerciless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 200 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between here and Sian

Posted 03 February 2016 - 04:10 AM

View PostSandpit, on 02 February 2016 - 10:43 AM, said:

ding ding ding

Who cares about planets?
Seriously
What difference do they make?

It's not like we can actually win anything. CW isn't anything more than quickplay with drop decks and a "map". It's also all moot once it goes to "IS vs Clan". No point in all of this energy being put into something that can't be translated in game.

I do agree with this to a point BUT the whole Marik/Liao flap was about the seizure of 8 Marik held planets and the subsequent fight back to reconcile the planet count, as well as exact revenge. Lots of words being thrown in the forum and elsewhere. There are many on all sides who have invested time and energy into certain planets whether through lore, history or in the case of House Marik -- the knowledge that a lot of game time was spent on fighting for Wazan, etc.

History, war-stories and companionship formed during these drops in CW1 by various companies can't be discounted too easily. To me, this is the essence of CW in the absence of anything else meaningful in game.

Artanizz is right -- Marik's certainly put up a very good fight. Why don't people (Purple Bird and Green Sword) just organise a skirmish or a private match?

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users