#21 ShadeofHades

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 101 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:07 PM

View PostDino Might, on 26 February 2015 - 08:56 AM, said:

I prefer Gauss + 2 ERMediums.

Can fit 30 ammo if you strip the left arm down, use left side as shield. Get about 300 damage and a couple of kills in an average match.

Ill second this. Not hard to get more kills, either, if you have good gauss aim and hold your ammo until the red team has had a few dents put in their armor. Ignoring the adder is all fun and games until someone loses a torso.

#22 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:10 PM

View Posto0Marduk0o, on 26 February 2015 - 09:09 AM, said:

This one.

This build is pretty hot so I dropped a ML for a heatsink... MUCH BETTER. Keep in mind I haven't elited this mech yet so I will be trying 3ML again once elited.

View PostRouken, on 02 March 2015 - 01:30 PM, said:

Clan Active Probe, which should actually be Active Probe. For some reason the clans drop the Beagle part.

Not sure, does anybody here know anything about CAP and breaking ECM. If so, what range does it have?

#23 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:16 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 02 March 2015 - 02:10 PM, said:

This build is pretty hot so I dropped a ML for a heatsink... MUCH BETTER. Keep in mind I haven't elited this mech yet so I will be trying 3ML again once elited.

Not sure, does anybody here know anything about CAP and breaking ECM. If so, what range does it have?

240m these days to counter ECM.

Actually I could be wrong--maybe its 250. I remember when it was bumped up to 360 a lot of QQ happened and it got knocked down but do not remember the exact value.

Edited by Kain Thul, 02 March 2015 - 02:17 PM.

#24 Corbenik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:24 PM

I run a Cuac 5,Csrm4,Cstreak2 and smal laser 2 tons ac ammo 1 Csrm ammo 1/2 streak ammo Targeting comp 2 and active probe full armor doesnt fail me as a great support mech and can harrass lights that get too close.

#25 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:28 PM

View PostKain Thul, on 02 March 2015 - 02:16 PM, said:

240m these days to counter ECM.

Actually I could be wrong--maybe its 250. I remember when it was bumped up to 360 a lot of QQ happened and it got knocked down but do not remember the exact value.

Thanks for the reply. Ya, I remember when BAP was buffed like that.. so you're saying CAP behaves the same as BAP?

#26 Marcel Bekker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:46 PM

The Config that worked best for me was one that is actually a canon omni config, the B.

ADR-B

1 LPL, 2 ER ML and a LBX-5 with a single ton of ammo. LPL and ER ML synergize well and are the main firepower, while the LBX is perfect to use when you are riding the overheat and as something to finish of parts of enemys that had their armor stripped, of the whole enemy when his CT is cored. Another good point is that the LBX and LPL work very well vs light mechs.

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 02 March 2015 - 02:28 PM, said:

Thanks for the reply. Ya, I remember when BAP was buffed like that.. so you're saying CAP behaves the same as BAP?

I do not see why you are confused. The Clan Active Probe is functionally the same as the Beagle Active Probe, just a bit lighter and smaller. This was always the case.

I just saw that the B is actually the new Config of the Adder that is currently available in the gift shop. Funny, the only difference to what I ran, is that the arm weapons are switched. ^^

Edited by Marcel Bekker, 02 March 2015 - 02:51 PM.

#27 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:58 PM

View PostMarcel Bekker, on 02 March 2015 - 02:46 PM, said:

ADR-B
I do not see why you are confused. The Clan Active Probe is functionally the same as the Beagle Active Probe, just a bit lighter and smaller. This was always the case.

I may appear confused because PGI is constantly changing things (nerfing, buffing, etc) and the in-game UI does very little to explain things. Even when players give answers in the forums, there is a chance they are talking out of ignorance without even realizing it. Besides, I'm not the only one asking about CAP...

So I say to you, do you speak from fact or are you ass-uming they are the same?

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 02 March 2015 - 03:05 PM.

#28 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:18 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 02 March 2015 - 02:58 PM, said:

I may appear confused because PGI is constantly changing things (nerfing, buffing, etc) and the in-game UI does very little to explain things. Even when players give answers in the forums, there is a chance they are talking out of ignorance without even realizing it. Besides, I'm not the only one asking about CAP...

Pretty sure they function identically.

#29 BUDFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire, UK

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:44 PM

BAP = Beagle Active Probe

CAP = Clan Active Probe

Both are the same thing, just one is for clans, one is for inner sphere. They negate the effects of ECM on your mech, only up to one point within a certain range. So, if you have BAP/CAP equipped, a single ECM mech will no longer be able to jam you from getting a missile lock, targetting etc. However, it only works up to one point, so if there are two hostile ECM mechs within range of you, they will ECM jam you. As far as I am aware BAP/CAP does not stack, as in, if you have two equipped on your mech, you cannot counter two hostile ECM mechs.

As for the range, I seemed to think that it was 180m, but I could be wrong on that.

#30 Tim East

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:25 AM

View PostBUDFORCE, on 02 March 2015 - 11:44 PM, said:

As far as I am aware BAP/CAP does not stack, as in, if you have two equipped on your mech, you cannot counter two hostile ECM mechs.

I'm pretty sure you can't even equip two on one mech.

#31 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 03:05 AM

View PostTim East, on 03 March 2015 - 01:25 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure you can't even equip two on one mech.

Correct. There is an item limit of 1 per mech.

#32 Marcel Bekker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:40 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 02 March 2015 - 02:58 PM, said:

I use them myself on all my mechs that are using Streak SRMs or are configured for light mech hunting (Pulse Lasers, Jumpjets, MGs etc), and can verify that they work exactly the same.

You can verify it yourself easily. If you have a match where your team has a Mist Lynx, watch what happens when one of those gets within 200 or so meters of an enemy ECM, all Mist Lynx's have a fixed Active Probe

Edited by Marcel Bekker, 03 March 2015 - 04:41 AM.

#33 Marcel Bekker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:44 AM

However, it only works up to one point, so if there are two hostile ECM mechs within range of you, they will ECM jam you. As far as I am aware BAP/CAP does not stack, as in, if you have two equipped on your mech, you cannot counter two hostile ECM mechs.

You can however counter two enemy ECM when you carry both ECM and an Active Probe, keep one ECM Mech locked and switch your ECM to counter mode.

Dammit, doublepost...I thought I was in the edit window of the first post. :wacko:

Edited by Marcel Bekker, 03 March 2015 - 04:45 AM.

#34 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:57 AM

View PostNight Wind, on 25 February 2015 - 06:46 PM, said:

Hey guys. You all helped me out recently finding a variety of Raven-3L builds, and I loved the support.

However, as you might know, PGI is doing a tournament this weekend for an Adder. This is the first clan mech that has been given away in a tournament like this.

I've used plenty of clan tech, but never an adder, so I'm wondering (if money is no object whatsoever) what's a good adder build?

My only idea so far is this:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...67b4500e1d92132

2xERPPC

Now before people scoff, you should definitely use that build. It teaches trigger disciple like no other and patience to get the shots you need. Eventually it will get quirks* as well so you will only thank yourself later.

*Probably big, big quirks

Edited by Chagatay, 03 March 2015 - 04:58 AM.

#35 Nik Reaper

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:04 AM

This thing has only 1~1.5 tons more pod space than a kitfox and no ecm or jj's, the only thing so far found it can do that the kitfox can not is the gauss + 2 ermedL , it has 2 external DHS so the Lpl and ermedL is simply too hot for what it needs to be , so gauss it is.

Edited by Nik Reaper, 03 March 2015 - 05:04 AM.

#36 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:03 AM

View PostRouken, on 02 March 2015 - 11:18 PM, said:

Pretty sure they function identically.

That's what I mean.. nobody really knows for sure! That is the fundamental problem with this game!

As for the range, I seemed to think that it was 180m, but I could be wrong on that.

Exactly! We all know 'somewhat' what they do' but no one knows the IMPORTANT details like range for example. I can't wait till the UI gets updated to included all pertinent information.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 03 March 2015 - 07:10 AM.

#37 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:09 AM

View PostMarcel Bekker, on 03 March 2015 - 04:44 AM, said:

You can however counter two enemy ECM when you carry both ECM and an Active Probe, keep one ECM Mech locked and switch your ECM to counter mode.

What about TAG? How does that fall in with all this? TAG counters ECM correct? What if you have BAP or CAP plus TAG? Will that counter 2 ECM equipped mechs?

What if you only have TAG? Will that counter 2 ECM equipped mechs?

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 03 March 2015 - 07:11 AM.

#38 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:20 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 03 March 2015 - 07:03 AM, said:

That's what I mean.. nobody really knows for sure! That is the fundamental problem with this game!

Exactly! We all know 'somewhat' what they do' but no one knows the IMPORTANT details like range for example. I can't wait till the UI gets updated to included all pertinent information.

No, I am pretty sure they are identical because a while back they expanded the range of the counter ECM on them. I don't remember the ranges being different at that time. I only say "pretty sure" because I'm entirely too lazy to look through the patch notes to find it again, but it should be there if you want.

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 03 March 2015 - 07:09 AM, said:

What about TAG? How does that fall in with all this? TAG counters ECM correct? What if you have BAP or CAP plus TAG? Will that counter 2 ECM equipped mechs?

What if you only have TAG? Will that counter 2 ECM equipped mechs?

BAP/AP and ECM on counter mode do not stack. You can't counter 2 enemy ECM in this way. TAG doesn't actually counter ECM, it just paints the target. All nearby enemies covered by ECM will still be covered. Same with NARC.

#39 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:57 AM

I really love my prime with 3ML+Gauss.

my others are 4xSRM4+A and then 2 LPL + 2 SPL.

I really do like the adder.

Also fun is the LBX20/UAC20 adder. I used that one for a while.

#40 zudukai

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:28 PM

View PostCorbenik, on 02 March 2015 - 02:24 PM, said:

I run a Cuac 5,Csrm4,Cstreak2 and smal laser 2 tons ac ammo 1 Csrm ammo 1/2 streak ammo Targeting comp 2 and active probe full armor doesnt fail me as a great support mech and can harrass lights that get too close.

why are you running so much stuff all over?

you are wasting tonnage with your multiple weapons, with little bits of ammo here for weapon 1,2,3.

a single Srm4 is not very effective at all, but it still is more effective then a single SSRM2... i am glad at least you paired the SSRM with a cAP though.

the targeting comp has large gains initially, however every level beyond one, is usually not worth the tonnage.

i suggest re-building that mech in http://mwo.smurfy-net.de and making better use of it, either larger SSRMs or something like that...

IMHO you could be doing way better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users