#41 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:25 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...10af7ac2ccd0a69

I use that simple build. It looks weak but in fact you have a good alpha, and on wounded mech it's awesome.
I don't put TC or clan active probe, but you can put this on it at the coast of less heat efficiency.

I prefer to take a maximum amount of DHS because i can fight longer in a brawl for example. And on therra terma, it's better to have 18 DHS.

The twin ER-PPC is fun too, but very difficult to play for young players. As some have says, it's learn you the trigger discipline!

I'm waiting for the new clan quirks on that mech, pretty sure they will put bonuses on the ER-PPC build =)

And bonus : if you like to finish mech in a brawl : Dat big angry Adder (i have post this one on an other thread)

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d3b232609f3edda

Edited by Aleski, 05 March 2015 - 06:45 AM.

#42 Spr1ggan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,162 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 March 2015 - 09:16 PM

View PostBUDFORCE, on 02 March 2015 - 04:38 AM, said:

The Adder is a great mech and undeserving of its bad reputation.

It's slow for a light, but its armour and firepower make up for that, making it (with the right build) lethal to other lights. I will quite happily go up against two of any light on my own. I scored a couple of 700+ dmg and one 800+ dmg on the first day of playing this mech, averaging 3-4 kills on those games. Even on sucky games it can hold its own and normally I can get at least one kill with it. In fact (other than when the raven 3L was super powerful back in the day) this for me at least, is the most effective light mech I tried, and I've got through most of them now.

Another bonus is in one way it's the opposite to the Warhawk, which people mistake for a Direwolf and always primary. People see an Adder and think, meh, going to ignore him and due to that alone, improves survivability. But tbh, feel free to disagree with me, because the more people that shun this mech, the better ;)

...if only it had ECM, maybe one day we will get a Hero Adder ECM capable, mmmmmmmm.

If it was a great mech it would see a lot of use in comp. It doesn't...

#43 zudukai

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 09:21 PM

View PostSpr1ggan, on 07 March 2015 - 09:16 PM, said:

If it was a great mech it would see a lot of use in comp. It doesn't...

only because the fire starter can do so much... the adder has the fire power of a medium, with minimal tonnage cost.

#44 Spr1ggan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,162 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 March 2015 - 09:42 PM

View Postzudukai, on 07 March 2015 - 09:21 PM, said:

only because the fire starter can do so much... the adder has the fire power of a medium, with minimal tonnage cost.

No dude. Even if the fs9 quirks were't as good, teams would still take IS lights over mechs like the adder. For lights speed is life. And having the firepower of a medium means jack **** when your slow and have the armour of light.

Not saying you can't have good games in it. I just carried a solo queue game with it but I've had far more ****** games with it. I guess some teams might use it as a streakboat but you can do that with the Kit fox as well and have jjs.

However the builds i'm running on them atm are 2 x CLPL, 2 x ERLL, and 4 x ASRM6. Finding the SRM one to be the most effective so far. While i like CLPL's the Adder just doesn't have the heat efficiency to run them well. ERLL's have been so so.

I would strongly advise steering well clear of this mech though until it gets quirks. In my opinion it is currently the worst mech in the game.

Edited by Spr1ggan, 07 March 2015 - 11:59 PM.

#45 Taffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 500 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:14 AM

I've been messing with this thing a good bit. I'm currently enjoying this build http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c3e73ebb463a060 Maybe drop that 1/2 ton ammo to get the armor back up, or the heatsink to make the half ton a full ton and get armor up.

I tried UAC20 with 3 small lasers before that and it was fun, but just too short ranged to do enough.

Definitely stick with the crowd and act as support with the Adder. I feel like I take less fire when I have an AC on there. People tend to panic and stop looking at you when they are getting their cockpit shaken.

#46 Macksheen

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationNorth Cackalacky

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:28 AM

I think my favorite were
- 2xLPL
- 4xSRM6+A
- 2xSSRM6, 2xSSRM4 + CAP
- LPL, 3xERML
- 4xLRM5

With a strong favor towards the short range missiles.

#47 htsmithium

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:17 PM

tends to run super hot, i mostly use the LPLs to harass people as i run around, and the MPLs when i need a good alpha.
ADR-PRIME

#48 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:45 PM

View PostMacksheen, on 10 March 2015 - 05:28 AM, said:

I think my favorite were
- 2xLPL
- 4xSRM6+A
- 2xSSRM6, 2xSSRM4 + CAP
- LPL, 3xERML
- 4xLRM5

With a strong favor towards the short range missiles.

1LPL with 3ERML is too hot to be consistently effective. Drop one ERM, add a heatsink and you are golden. This is my preferred adder build.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 10 March 2015 - 05:38 PM.

#49 Macksheen

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationNorth Cackalacky

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:47 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 10 March 2015 - 03:45 PM, said:

2LPL with 3ERML is too hot to be consistently effective. Drop one, add a heatsink and you are golden. This is my preferred adder build.

Yeah, I never ran 2 LPL and 3 ERML ... not enough hard points. I'm talking 1 LPL, 3 ERML.

#50 Deadead

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:02 PM

My favorites are in order: 2srm6, lbx5 and one erml. Loss of kills with this one dance around your Teammates hit backs and exposed components as opportunities arise. I also solo'd a lot of heavies and mediums and won. Loss of point blank alpha but spreads a bunch with range.
lpl 3ml high alpha,runs hot.2 lrm15 2 ml, only lrm on los targets between 150 and 300 ish range. Lrms as skirmish weapon and component opener, lasers to slice t hi ings offx as they get hot fast and drop your dps.
. 4mpl. Simplex decent dmg outpit, short face time. I love this little machine and will take it over kfx any day in mwo. Which is a shame cause I love kfx in the card games :P

#51 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:10 PM

I would try my Adder if not for 2 things.
- Don't know where the torso weapons are mounted.
- That flamer.... :blink:

#52 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:54 PM

View PostWildstreak, on 10 March 2015 - 04:10 PM, said:

I would try my Adder if not for 2 things.
- Don't know where the torso weapons are mounted.
- That flamer.... :blink:

Flamer just means it's a 34.5 ton mech. The torso hardpoints are above the head, under the "cowl."

#53 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:27 PM

View PostMacksheen, on 10 March 2015 - 03:47 PM, said:

Yeah, I never ran 2 LPL and 3 ERML ... not enough hard points. I'm talking 1 LPL, 3 ERML.

Oh sorry i meant 1LPL 3ML was too hot.. doesn't cool off fast enough.. prefer 1LPL and 2ERML.. but that's just me..

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 10 March 2015 - 05:29 PM.

#54 Steve Pryde

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:19 PM

I tried to build a streak Adder for my CW deck:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f5b78c69072925b

What do u think? I know it's not that much ammo but it has only do 1 thing: stop light rushes.

Edited by Steve Pryde, 19 March 2015 - 01:21 PM.

#55 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 06:49 PM

If only the bigger Streaks did not take long to cooldown. Tried CSSRM4 & 6 recently, takes a while for them to come back.
You may as well put some of the ammo in the arms, then if a side torso gets hit, the ammo explosion damage is less.
This is how I ran mine, for some reason it is 35 tons in game but not on Smurfy's.

#56 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 19 March 2015 - 07:19 PM

View PostWildstreak, on 19 March 2015 - 06:49 PM, said:

If only the bigger Streaks did not take long to cooldown. Tried CSSRM4 & 6 recently, takes a while for them to come back.
You may as well put some of the ammo in the arms, then if a side torso gets hit, the ammo explosion damage is less.
This is how I ran mine, for some reason it is 35 tons in game but not on Smurfy's.

drop your cockpit armour and beef up your legs...

#57 Brizna

• Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 20 March 2015 - 05:04 AM

I am mastering Adders now and I found them to have an undeservingly bad reputation which doesn't mean they are good, just that they aren't as bad as most people think.

It's a slow and weak chassis so it has to avoid enemy focus and stay allways close to friendly support which really puts it in a medium mech role: fire support from behind, as long as you do that adder carries a surprisingly effective punch comparable to most IS mediums.

#58 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 05:11 AM

I run mine with 2 CERPPC in the torso

and I LOVE it...little death machine... you can fry eggs on your forehead when running it, but a little trigger discipline and good positioning make it a force to be reckoned with

#59 Kyynele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 973 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 05:43 AM

View PostSteve Pryde, on 19 March 2015 - 01:19 PM, said:

I tried to build a streak Adder for my CW deck:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f5b78c69072925b

What do u think? I know it's not that much ammo but it has only do 1 thing: stop light rushes.

We've actually used Streak Adders in competitive matches with low drop weights. 1 on 1, Streak Adder kills even a rather well-piloted meta FS9-A very reliably. And, that's pretty much the only thing that the Adder does really, really well. Of course, Stormcrow does it even better, but if weight or class makes a difference, Adder is almost as good for 20 tons less.

I also, personally have used Streak Adders in CW, however, since CW matches are much longer, I've opted for a slightly lower alpha for more ammo: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...bef999044f09d9f

The initial alpha doesn't do much ghost heat, and after that you can just keep the button pressed and the fire automatically staggers and doesn't generate additional GH. I just use range modules for both launchers to have the constant 400m range.

Besides stopping light rushes, if the result of the match is already clear, at the end of a match I often switch to the Adder and do a damage boosting run for extra C-Bills. It's a low priority target that does pretty impressive DPS, often adding 500-700 extra damages to the end score.

#60 zudukai

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:00 AM

View PostBrizna, on 20 March 2015 - 05:04 AM, said:

I am mastering Adders now and I found them to have an undeservingly bad reputation which doesn't mean they are good, just that they aren't as bad as most people think.

It's a slow and weak chassis so it has to avoid enemy focus and stay allways close to friendly support which really puts it in a medium mech role: fire support from behind, as long as you do that adder carries a surprisingly effective punch comparable to most IS mediums.

that is exactly the role they play in the lore, and they indeed do it well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users