Proposition To Marik From Liao

105 replies to this topic

#41 Gonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • LocationOdessa, Ukraine

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:39 AM

View PostBlackhawkSC, on 27 February 2015 - 12:28 AM, said:

I think you're misreading. I'm saying that I haven't heard of this proposal within my unit or in others, so it might be incorrect to say that it's a "Liao" proposal. Then again I'm not the most informed player. If this has been discussed between the major unit leaders, then maybe it'd be a faction wide proposal.

My other point is that if you truly wanted to fight clans then defense on the clan border would also allow you to do that without going through Marik space.

Anyways, I hold the highest respect for TCAF and I just wanted to suggest alternatives.

Thank you, Blackhawk.
I agree that if some unit want to fight with clans, it should take a faction near clan space. But we are Liao loyalists for a long time, so all we can is only to push our borders north :) If we was a Merc unit i will switch to DC or FRR much early.

#42 Gonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:00 AM

So i think i can put information of our agreement with Marik in coordination topic.

#43 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:06 AM

To answer a couple points about fighting the Clams I've seen in this thread.

1. Just Defend a Northern House: That's a very simple answer but it has hollow results. First, you really get nothing for doing that (from a faction standpoint). You "may" get a tag on the planet, but for faction loyalists (for the most part) a tag is meaningless, we want the dots. Green (or Purple) just looks better than pale blue, or red or blue. Also, it's a frustrating affair, because no matter how well you do, your gains are instantly washed away by the Pugzapper. The Call To Arms brings the unorganized soloists in to face comp groups, and they just lose faster than you can win. So for the most part, your evening is wasted.
2. Just join a Northern House: Non-starter. Faction loyalists are just that, loyal. We joined our respective factions for a reason (Lore, friends, geographical identity, etc) and want to fight for THAT faction. We don't care if the Northern Houses succeed, we want OUR house to succeed.

What a lot of people don't seem to get is that having more fronts against the Clans is a GOOD THING. If Liao and Marik and even Davion had fronts with the Clans, it dilutes the number of attackers the Clans can bring to bear on a single front. It also dilutes the side effect of the Pugzapper by spreading out the disorganized solos even more and allowing organized defenders efforts a greater chance of being successful.

Having said all that, for the bulk of 2015 Marik has been trying to manipulate the algo along our fronts in an effort to either connect to the island, surround Terra or move the Island northward. It's a very frustrating affair and requires great coordination between houses. Please be ready to work with us in a very proactive manner before moving forward with this plan.

#44 Musashi Alexander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 213 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:19 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 27 February 2015 - 09:06 AM, said:

To answer a couple points about fighting the Clams I've seen in this thread.

1. Just Defend a Northern House: That's a very simple answer but it has hollow results. First, you really get nothing for doing that (from a faction standpoint). You "may" get a tag on the planet, but for faction loyalists (for the most part) a tag is meaningless, we want the dots. Green (or Purple) just looks better than pale blue, or red or blue. Also, it's a frustrating affair, because no matter how well you do, your gains are instantly washed away by the Pugzapper. The Call To Arms brings the unorganized soloists in to face comp groups, and they just lose faster than you can win. So for the most part, your evening is wasted.
2. Just join a Northern House: Non-starter. Faction loyalists are just that, loyal. We joined our respective factions for a reason (Lore, friends, geographical identity, etc) and want to fight for THAT faction. We don't care if the Northern Houses succeed, we want OUR house to succeed.

What a lot of people don't seem to get is that having more fronts against the Clans is a GOOD THING. If Liao and Marik and even Davion had fronts with the Clans, it dilutes the number of attackers the Clans can bring to bear on a single front. It also dilutes the side effect of the Pugzapper by spreading out the disorganized solos even more and allowing organized defenders efforts a greater chance of being successful.

Having said all that, for the bulk of 2015 Marik has been trying to manipulate the algo along our fronts in an effort to either connect to the island, surround Terra or move the Island northward. It's a very frustrating affair and requires great coordination between houses. Please be ready to work with us in a very proactive manner before moving forward with this plan.

If you want the algorithm to work in your favour, I suggest sending beer and strippers to Russ' house.

#45 Gonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:25 PM

Lets donate strippers to Russ :D

#46 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 28 February 2015 - 09:24 AM

Screw that! Donate strippers to me!

#47 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:11 AM

View PostGorgo7, on 28 February 2015 - 09:24 AM, said:

Screw that! Donate strippers to me!

\SENDS Male strippers to Gorgo7's house. :rolleyes:

#48 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:48 PM

\RECIEVES Male strippers in the spirt it is sent and quietly retires from MWO...snivel.

#49 Stingr4y

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 336 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 12:46 PM

Just wondering if Quemoy is part of the testing of the algorithm. If so, let us know.

#50 mp00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 319 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIn a bottle, Canada

Posted 25 March 2015 - 01:42 PM

Quemoy attacks are a test, the memo on the fridge fell off and then the dog ate it. All is good move along move along.

#51 Wabbit Swaya

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 186 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the cockpit of a BJ, annoying the hell outta someone for wasting a medium slot.

Posted 25 March 2015 - 04:52 PM

Why is the purple turkley mounting attacks against Altorra? Did MS join you again, or are you finally showing your true colors

#52 Orkdung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 296 posts
  • LocationCCAF Sian

Posted 25 March 2015 - 04:52 PM

Well this just aint sporting sah! Not sporting at all!! Attack a Tau Ceti planet when a truce is on!!?! Whot's going on here? Aint you knowing, Mariks, that there be a truce!!

#53 Wabbit Swaya

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 186 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the cockpit of a BJ, annoying the hell outta someone for wasting a medium slot.

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:09 PM

I wasn't paying att., there are TCAF tags on Quemoy, did someone mount an offensive, without getting consensus?

#54 InRev

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:10 PM

View PostWabbit Swaya, on 25 March 2015 - 04:52 PM, said:

Why is the purple turkley mounting attacks against Altorra? Did MS join you again, or are you finally showing your true colors

We have no idea who that is. TBH I was hoping someone would have a screenshot. We're focused on Steiner right now and saw 12 on Altorra and it confused us.

If anyone could get an ID on the attackers, that would be great because it wasn't sanctioned by any loyalist leadership.

#55 Wabbit Swaya

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 186 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:18 PM

They stopped at one attack, couldn't get enough together to mount a defense. So no idea who. But the TCAF tags on Quemoy are still... unsettling.

Nvm, they're back at it...

Edited by Wabbit Swaya, 25 March 2015 - 05:23 PM.

#56 InRev

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:28 PM

View PostWabbit Swaya, on 25 March 2015 - 05:18 PM, said:

They stopped at one attack, couldn't get enough together to mount a defense. So no idea who. But the TCAF tags on Quemoy are still... unsettling.

Nvm, they're back at it...

Scuttlebutt in the loyalist TS is that the TCAF attack was sanctioned to see if the algorithm would allow HL to tunnel up to the clan front.

We're not particularly concerned about losing planets, especially if it gets you guys closer to the clanners.

#57 mp00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 319 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:36 PM

A slight bookkeeping arrangement Altorra will be switching to Marik while Bora will be switching to Liao. Skirmishes on both said worlds are allowed be friendly have fun but the worlds are to exchange hands hopefully. Any questions, concerns, propositions or improper suggestions feel free to send to me or Stingr4y.

#58 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:51 PM

View PostInRev, on 25 March 2015 - 05:28 PM, said:

Scuttlebutt in the loyalist TS is that the TCAF attack was sanctioned to see if the algorithm would allow HL to tunnel up to the clan front.

We're not particularly concerned about losing planets, especially if it gets you guys closer to the clanners.

This will probably impact your testing after April 7th... FYI.
https://twitter.com/...861712837976064

Edited by ShinVector, 25 March 2015 - 05:52 PM.

#59 mp00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 319 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 06:02 PM

Bet they bought they drinking typing bird

#60 InRev

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 06:16 PM

Looks like the same group is hitting a Kurita planet despite our "soft" ceasefire with them.

Would love to know who they are.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users