69 replies to this topic

#1 callmejon

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 76 posts
  • Locationeverywhere

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:27 PM

Greetings to my allies on the Clan front lines i come to you today to offer hope but it will require strength dedication and discipline by the FRR in CW, DCMS in the attempt to strengthen its existing bonds with FRR has sent a member of one of the house units to FRR for Training units in effective methods against the clans no more rush in and dying for our kin to the north we will hang trophies of slaughtered clanners above our homes on worlds we recover and rebuild Rasalhague space planet by planet, i know it is the 11th hour and not much of your space remains so i ask that all who participate within FRR to join me on the FRR house TS tonight around 8 pm PST and we will proceed from there. we will succeed or travel to Valhalla together that is the vow i offer to you if you join in hope to see you tonight.

Long Live the Free Rasalhague Republic

#2 Strykewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRogue River, Oregon

Posted 08 March 2015 - 01:36 PM

Might be around. ;)

#3 Divine Retribution

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 648 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 08 March 2015 - 04:17 PM

Really?!? I don't know what else to say at this point... I'm just going to go pound my head into my keyboard for a bit now...

#4 callmejon

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 76 posts
  • Locationeverywhere

Posted 08 March 2015 - 05:15 PM

this was only discussed over the last couple days all i can say is try it. if you want to regain your territory this is the only option i see available

#5 Jonathan Paine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 05:19 PM

FRR problem: NOT ENOUGH MANPOWER

#6 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 March 2015 - 05:21 PM

I am a little confused. They are just sending you?

#7 Killaxis

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 60 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 08 March 2015 - 05:25 PM

Join us for a few Matches and see if OLD needs any training....I can't speak for others in FRR but we hold and in most cases WIN our fair share....

#8 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 08 March 2015 - 05:52 PM

The FRR's sole problem is lack of manpower, when we field 4 companies, the clans field 6 to 8 against us.
When we field 6 they often send 8 to 10, They are losing the fights for the most part.

The FRR attacks clan planets, if you see an FRR pilot on a defense, it can mean a couple things, not enough FRR on to form a 12 man to attack, someone disobeying directives, a new player or a last minute effort to save a world right before ceasefire.

While we are always willing to try new tactics, winning the match our way versus winning the match your way will in no way alter the fact that we are simply outnumbered.

We capture a world and lose two or three each cycle. The FRR has the highest number of worlds taken from the clans, we may lose them back in a cycle or two, but we will have gained some others during that time.

So, with all due respect and gratitude for your offer, unless 2 or more companies show up with you, it isn't going to change a thing.

#9 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 08 March 2015 - 05:56 PM

p.s. would like to be there to see what you do different, but will be doing Family things at that time. If your still on later, well us Space Vikings have no problem with spontaneous plans lol.

#10 callmejon

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 76 posts
  • Locationeverywhere

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:43 PM

i understand your concerns but with 2 companies we can take a planet with double that against us. i am here by choice to help with what i can and granted leave from my unit to transfer and work within FRR's house units to give you guys options in the way you attack with the limited numbers that you have will prove effective. the choice is yours if you want to use them or not, i dont want to see FRR vanish from the map. DCMS doesnt have much to spare at this time, and this is my way to help: commit till further notice lead drops and teach what and where i can, and give all within the FRR House the ability and tactical knowledge of proven tactics to fight your weaked enemies it is a hope and that is all.

#11 Divine Retribution

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 648 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 08 March 2015 - 09:01 PM

We appreciate people willing to fight for the FRR.

But we have secured our last two worlds tonight and are now dropping in defense of Kurita on Accrington. As the FRR has done in the past, as the FRR will do in the future. We aren't showing up and inferring that we are the better pilots, so DCMS pilots should listen to us and learn how to fight the clanners....

If your advice for fighting the clans is the derp rush of gens and omega, OLD wouldn't listen anyway.

Both sides have extensive experience fighting the clans, leave it at that.

#12 Killaxis

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 60 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 08 March 2015 - 09:03 PM

*NODS* i APPROVE OF THIS MESSAGE

DERP (ZERG) RUSH = I DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY....

Edited by Killaxis, 08 March 2015 - 09:04 PM.

#13 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 10:03 PM

In the mornings (afternoon for Euros and others, evening for 'straya and Kiwiland), I've been dropping with small groups regularly, as well as some more organized ones. When we've got more than 4 people in TS, we generally do win attacks and defenses. Counterattacks are often lost, unfortunately.

A lot of losses come from defending other house's worlds at this time, though. I just don't have enough folks I know to make an attack happen, and our planets aren't under attack ourselves. Seeing a lot of poor new players (I almost cry when I see a name like justin96 with the Davion banner in CW, I know they're in for it) in those defenses. On FRR worlds or attacks, FRR pilots are almost without exception more skilled on average than other houses.

I don't have much experience with the "high-tier" of each house, only the average I've seen. I don't know how good at NVKA 12 man is (although they seem breddy gud 5/5), but I know generally what to expect when I see a DCMS fellow show up to one of our defenses.

Of course, when we're winning these afore-mentioned attacks, I dishearteningly observe the planet at 2:1 defenders-attackers. That means they'll have an ensured 50 percent win-rate at bare minimum with ghost drops, right? THAT seems to be our problem, and the only solution there is to somehow depopulate the enemies, or populate ourselves. The first is absurd, the second is very difficult.

Ah well, I'll keep slagging clanners with the buddies I've made in FRR so far. Shoutout to Marodeur, Onigami, Furball42, the powerful Leeroy Mechkins, Wolfiac, and any other Rasalhague folks that I've dropped with lately. All fun to banter with, all crack pilots. And when I drop with Marodeur, he performs exceptionally as a marshall for the team. I feel much better offering suggestions or providing targetting info on comms than performing the main role of "leader", at least for now.

#14 Leeroy Mechkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 581 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 10:40 PM

Yes FRR has the players, leaders and units to do well, just population is the issue.

However, if we keep concentrating our forces at the same time windows, we can make more headway.
So I applaud call to arms at certain time windows like the OP made.

Drink that mead, put on your horned helmets, its viking time!!!

Edited by Leeroy Mechkins, 08 March 2015 - 10:52 PM.

#15 callmejon

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 76 posts
  • Locationeverywhere

Posted 08 March 2015 - 11:55 PM

View PostKillaxis, on 08 March 2015 - 09:03 PM, said:

*NODS* i APPROVE OF THIS MESSAGE

DERP (ZERG) RUSH = I DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY....

being droped against 2 to 1 zerg rush counters that in this instance if you can win a match jump back in que and drop before an enemy gets their other drop to ghost why wouldn't you? and no that is not the only option i bring with me but as i said its your choice and do as you will, i do not doubt your skills as pilots i know and have dropped with many good pilots in the FRR so do as you will OLD im not here dictate or any of that stuff just help

Edited by callmejon, 09 March 2015 - 12:00 AM.

#16 Divine Retribution

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 648 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:14 AM

Because it isn't fun, nor is it a deed or death worthy of entrance to Valhalla.

#17 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:15 AM

View Postcallmejon, on 08 March 2015 - 11:55 PM, said:

being droped against 2 to 1 zerg rush counters that in this instance if you can win a match jump back in que and drop before an enemy gets their other drop to ghost why wouldn't you? and no that is not the only option i bring with me but as i said its your choice and do as you will, i do not doubt your skills as pilots i know and have dropped with many good pilots in the FRR so do as you will OLD im not here dictate or any of that stuff just help

We use zerg rushes when we need to flip a planet quickly.
However, its bad for the skill, so we try not to do it too often. Also, by ensuring fun matches for everyone who joins us on the FRR hub we ensure that the folks we got will stay.
Zerg rushes are something we use, but just not too often.

And when we got one of our open 12 mans going on the FRR hub, we win 90% of the matches.

Edited by Klappspaten, 09 March 2015 - 01:15 AM.

#18 eSeifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationLiao

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:22 AM

When I'm not busy holding Kurtian borders you will always have my and my clan's support to hold back the clanners.

6RNT reporting in. Let the bonds grow strong.

#19 Mandrakerootes

• PipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:41 AM

I am open for any tactic that doesnt involve ghost dropping(aka Genwarrior Online).
If the only way we win the war, is not fighting the battles for us, then so be it. Then we lose the war.

#20 Dreammirror

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:39 AM

Dropping by to congratulate the FFR defense this weekend. It was top notch! I was hopping to knock out those last two worlds but it is what it is; well done. I hope the last 2 worlds don't go to ghost drops or late night rushes either. The FFR deserves a stand-up fair fight for their homeworlds, and I hope I'm there for it. 07! Its good to see most of the inner sphere finally rallying to their defense too. Looking forward to the final battle!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users