Timeline Advanced To 3053? This Can Only Mean The Bushwacker!

BattleMechs

105 replies to this topic

#1 washout

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:38 AM

As I see it there are no other iconic mechs or equipment that comes in 3053 that does not come out in 3052 instead, so what other reason could PGI have for moving the timeline to this specific date?

Also I'm aware that there are only 2 variants, but PGI made up an enforcer from whole cloth, no reason not to do so for the Bushwacker.

Edited by washout, 09 March 2015 - 12:39 AM.

#2 627

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:38 AM

Source?

Clock is still at 3050
http://mwomercs.com/clock

Edited by 627, 09 March 2015 - 12:39 AM.

#3 washout

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:39 AM

View Post627, on 09 March 2015 - 12:38 AM, said:

Source?

Rumors, paul said 3052 in the town hall and it was later refuted or re quoted as 3053.

#4 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:41 AM

View Postwashout, on 09 March 2015 - 12:39 AM, said:

Rumors, paul said 3052 in the town hall and it was later refuted or re quoted as 3053.

Paul being the greatest troll of us all... I literally wouldn't even believe him if he's asked what the time is.

#5 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:45 AM

View Postwashout, on 09 March 2015 - 12:39 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure it was russ who said it.

#6 NextGame

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:50 AM

the more the merrier, although I hope that they aren't ruling out the older mechs that haven't been introduced yet.

#7 Lynx7725

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:09 AM

The version I heard is that Russ is open to considering Mech chassis that reach production status by 3052; given previously they said you can consider that some of the "new" Mechs are actually prototypes that are being field tested, in the same vein, Mechs that reach production status in 3052 would be field-testing in 3050/ 51.

Honestly looking at the mech list, I think, aside from a few spots (40 tons, 70 tons, maybe 75 tons, and 90/ 95 tons brackets), we don't actually need more mechs. Personally I think we need more maps instead.

#8 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,697 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:16 AM

View PostLynx7725, on 09 March 2015 - 01:09 AM, said:

The version I heard is that Russ is open to considering Mech chassis that reach production status by 3052; given previously they said you can consider that some of the "new" Mechs are actually prototypes that are being field tested, in the same vein, Mechs that reach production status in 3052 would be field-testing in 3050/ 51.

Honestly looking at the mech list, I think, aside from a few spots (40 tons, 70 tons, maybe 75 tons, and 90/ 95 tons brackets), we don't actually need more mechs. Personally I think we need more maps instead.

He also said IIC variants are being looked at. Plus, concept art for both Mauler and Black Knight is ready. I'm guessing the Bushwacker and Wolfhound are not too far from now. We shall see, brethren.

#9 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:33 AM

Remember though, the Black Knight is a Star League Era Mech That does have a 3050 and 3025 variant.

#10 TyphonCh

• The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:40 AM

To hell with more mechs. I'd rather pay $40 for more maps, weapons, a more enjoyable CW, and various bug fixes and/or balance issues. That's all this game really needs right now

#11 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:51 AM

They could do the MechCommander versions, Heavy armor version, less weapons , no JJs.
Weapons model More weapons less space for Armor no JJs.
JJ model balance of weapons and armor to accommodate Jump jetting capability.

#12 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:58 AM

View Post627, on 09 March 2015 - 12:41 AM, said:

Paul being the greatest troll of us all... I literally wouldn't even believe him if he's asked what the time is.

Very true. We have been in the 3050 for three straight years.

View Postwashout, on 09 March 2015 - 12:38 AM, said:

As I see it there are no other iconic mechs or equipment that comes in 3053 that does not come out in 3052 instead, so what other reason could PGI have for moving the timeline to this specific date?

Also I'm aware that there are only 2 variants, but PGI made up an enforcer from whole cloth, no reason not to do so for the Bushwacker.

3053? **** Bushwacker.

GUNSLINGER FOR THE WIN.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Gunslinger

Edited by El Bandito, 09 March 2015 - 02:00 AM.

#13 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:00 AM

This game has a timeline? Thats pretty interesting!

What if we followed the history of Battletech lore in a 1:1 progression. For example, March 17th 2015 would be March 17th 3053, and then we could have semi-daily news articles to report "current events" in the Inner Sphere. And what if weekly events reflected major events in Battletech lore in the year 3053? We could have something like an Inner Sphere News network or something.

Oh, oh, and imagine if we set the date to 3050 and when CW started, it was like the actual clan invasion!? And then we could play out major events, like introducing Comstar to the conflict in 3051!!

I'm so excited by this news of an MWO timeline.

Huge if true.

#14 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:00 AM

View PostLynx7725, on 09 March 2015 - 01:09 AM, said:

[...]

^this

View PostTeam Chevy86, on 09 March 2015 - 01:40 AM, said:

To hell with more mechs. I'd rather pay $40 for more maps, weapons, a more enjoyable CW, and various bug fixes and/or balance issues. That's all this game really needs right now

^and this

MAPS, not mechs.
Also that "CW 4vs4 scouting mode" sounded interesting in the townhall transscript (because tbh I hate the over-specialized 2x48 mech DOTA gate rush slaughter fest).
And things like a replay function (OMG please!).
Not just more and more mechs clutching up in the same tiny maps.

#15 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,477 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:01 AM

It would be ridiculous to advance the timeline before CW is out of beta, the logical thing to do is "starting the clock" with the full CW release. Since PGI has decided to build their game around the clan invasion they have sort of locked themselves down to staying at the beginning of that timeline until that goal has been realized.
It is certainly a difficult timeline choice from a balance PoV, since it is long before IS tech caught up with clan tech, but that is the choice they made and put all their resources into, they have to stick by it.

Edited by Sjorpha, 09 March 2015 - 02:01 AM.

#16 Lynx7725

• 1,710 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:08 AM

View PostSjorpha, on 09 March 2015 - 02:01 AM, said:

It would be ridiculous to advance the timeline before CW is out of beta, the logical thing to do is "starting the clock" with the full CW release. Since PGI has decided to build their game around the clan invasion they have sort of locked themselves down to staying at the beginning of that timeline until that goal has been realized.
It is certainly a difficult timeline choice from a balance PoV, since it is long before IS tech caught up with clan tech, but that is the choice they made and put all their resources into, they have to stick by it.

Thinking about this, the Clan Invasion timeline is probably not the best to do MWO, not so much from a balance POV, but from a variety POV. If you flip through the TROs using the usual mech selection criteria, you'd find... not much left to do in this timeline. Plenty of designs only have one or two official variants at this timeline.

Push further back and we get more variety, even for the second-line Clan stuff. Also, more room for additional equipment. For all we know we might just be doing Clan Invasion in the Beta, then skip forward to the Great Refusal.

#17 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:13 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 09 March 2015 - 02:00 AM, said:

This game has a timeline? Thats pretty interesting!

What if we followed the history of Battletech lore in a 1:1 progression. For example, March 17th 2015 would be March 17th 3053, and then we could have semi-daily news articles to report "current events" in the Inner Sphere. And what if weekly events reflected major events in Battletech lore in the year 3053? We could have something like an Inner Sphere News network or something.

Oh, oh, and imagine if we set the date to 3050 and when CW started, it was like the actual clan invasion!? And then we could play out major events, like introducing Comstar to the conflict in 3051!!

I'm so excited by this news of an MWO timeline.

Huge if true.

Posted Image

I think one of the last fluff news was some kell offspring lost on the rock... well quite some time now, maybe we can get Tina to read into sarna and provide us with some lore news :ph34r:

#18 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:31 AM

View Post627, on 09 March 2015 - 02:13 AM, said:

I think one of the last fluff news was some kell offspring lost on the rock... well quite some time now, maybe we can get Tina to read into sarna and provide us with some lore news :ph34r:

Or maybe they could get some of the players to do it for free? There's probably hundreds of people who would volunteer to help with this sort of stuff, both updating the ISN news articles, expanding on the background of the planets on the CW galaxy map, or even writing up information for the website.

But then again, PGI can't really use any kind of material from outside sources, due to legal issues.

Except NGNG.

<sigh>

Ok, that's enough venting for today. It just grinds my gears when something so easy and important is overlooked, for absolutely no reason.

#19 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,477 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:39 AM

View PostLynx7725, on 09 March 2015 - 02:08 AM, said:

Thinking about this, the Clan Invasion timeline is probably not the best to do MWO, not so much from a balance POV, but from a variety POV. If you flip through the TROs using the usual mech selection criteria, you'd find... not much left to do in this timeline. Plenty of designs only have one or two official variants at this timeline.

Push further back and we get more variety, even for the second-line Clan stuff. Also, more room for additional equipment. For all we know we might just be doing Clan Invasion in the Beta, then skip forward to the Great Refusal.

That may be true, but I don't like the idea. Personally I wan't to play out the clan invasion in a finished game, and from the beginning, before moving on.

Why are people in such a damn hurry?

From my point of view there is no hurry at all. Full CW should be released in a year or two, then we can play out the clan invasion in full glory a couple times which should take the community at least another year. Then it might be time to start thinking about a timeline jump to the next iconic BT era, in mid 2017 perhaps.

Edited by Sjorpha, 09 March 2015 - 02:40 AM.

#20 Zakatak

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationCanadastan

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:48 AM

View Post627, on 09 March 2015 - 12:38 AM, said:

Source?

Clock is still at 3050
http://mwomercs.com/clock/

Seriously? Wasn't it 3048/3049 when I started playing in 2012 during Beta? 3 years have passed. Shouldn't it be 3051 at the least? I reckon getting the Bushwacker for Christmas or on New Years would be a good release date. After that, we should probably leave the 55 ton bracket alone.

Edited by Zakatak, 24 March 2015 - 10:00 AM.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users