March 17 Quirk Update

625 replies to this topic

#81 Urek Mazino

• Pip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:12 PM

Yeah, lets make the clans more over powered. How could this possibly go wrong.

#82 Macksheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationNorth Cackalacky

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:12 PM

I love that you can do missile spread quirks.

I love that some are getting generic-ish Laser and not energy quirks.

Love the IV may be useful ... ST quirks? YES.

Love that HGN is getting mobility.

#83 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:13 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 16 March 2015 - 01:07 PM, said:

Remember guys, they did say they would be iterative. So if there is no difference after a little while they will probably boost them a little.

I was most interested in the Highlander, and it looks like they tried to address the mobility and general survivability, so that is cool... will see how it ends up turning out. Was hoping for some energy heat reduction but oh well.

cool cant wait for the 1%'s to go to 2%'s and the 2%'s to go to 3%'s.... but remember guys they stack............ oh and the GAR still has a huge movement type and a KGC has a large movement type LMFAO

#84 Tahribator

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:14 PM

About the Highlanders, I can't facepalm any harder.

Highlanders
  • Additional arm armor is really cool especially on HM, since HGN arms tend to tank a lot.
  • Mobility quirks are finally here, but they're not enough. 5% is barely noticeable and won't help this extremely sluggish 'Mech. HGNs need at least 10-15% torso twist rate bonus for all of them for a start.
  • 732, 733, 733C stay the same in terms of weapon quirks. Very mild quirks that fail to specialize the 'Mechs.
  • 733P, my current favorite is nerfed by the removal of its heat generation reduction quirk.
In the end, HGNs will still suck and will stay the same. The reasons why nobody picks them are still untouched. I won't reiterate what I already wrote here, but I'll just say that PGI missed a huge opportunity to bring HGNs to action here. Three freaking passes and every single opportunity is wasted.

Also, glancing upon the list; why would you nerf the Treb-7M? Was it too good? Were they overwhelming the solo queue? Also, Trebs don't need side torso structure but they need massive boosts to CT because their CT hitbox sucks in everything. Quickdraw needs massive armor bonuses like the Zeus to compensate for its out-of-whack scaling.

Seriously, they need to stop dumping these quirks 2-3 days before the patch. Post them up before you send them to testing and LET the community give feedback. Get those responsible for the quirks on the forums and let them speak to the community. Whoever is responsible for the quirks certainly don't have an idea how some 'Mechs work or play.

/end rant

Edited by Tahribator, 16 March 2015 - 01:15 PM.

#85 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:15 PM

2% laser duration reduction! So happy! :)

Edited by The Great Unwashed, 16 March 2015 - 01:24 PM.

#86 Soy

• 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:17 PM

Regarding Clams............

******* beautiful.

It's a start.

It's a ******* start. At least there's something happening.

PUT IN MORE WORK PGI keep hammerin away, thanks.

Edited by Soy, 16 March 2015 - 01:18 PM.

#87 BARBAR0SSA

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:18 PM

View PostDavers, on 16 March 2015 - 01:07 PM, said:

Why? It has been PGI's position that Clan mechs are superior to IS mechs for some time now. I know you guys hate hearing that, but that is their stance.

No their position is that Storm Crow and Timber are top tier mechs, and rightfully so. They have not said all clan mechs are superior.

I play both sides...they both have great mechs, in 12 v 12 where ammo dependency doesn't factor in clan mechs can do good, take a SRM6 x 6 Mad Dog, you can rack up the damage picking off solo targets. Problem is that build is VERY niche and not used in CW.

Laser vomit timber, great damage, try using it against an IS light rush on sulphurous, you're going to have your legs chewed out while trying to keep your heat under control.

There's so many variations and changes that CW has that cause it to be a completely different game.

High alpha with long face time and massive heat penalty vs Less damage much more heat efficient and faster refire, so actually more sustained damage per second, along with much shorter burn times which translate in to more of the intended damage going to a location, can make a massive difference.

Ok with that out of the way

Would you take the newly quirked Adder or Ice Ferret in to a serious match thinking it would be competitive? Or Firestarter, Black Jack, Enforcer, Cent? (IS +10T CW so I'll toss in 50T mechs) or would you think it's lackluster still?

No one here is asking for a change to weapons that would benefit Timbers or Crows keep that in mind.

#88 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,252 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:18 PM

View PostTahribator, on 16 March 2015 - 01:14 PM, said:

About the Highlanders, I can't facepalm any harder.

Highlanders
  • Additional arm armor is really cool especially on HM, since HGN arms tend to tank a lot.
  • Mobility quirks are finally here, but they're not enough. 5% is barely noticeable and won't help this extremely sluggish 'Mech. HGNs need at least 10-15% torso twist rate bonus for all of them for a start.
  • 732, 733, 733C stay the same in terms of weapon quirks. Very mild quirks that fail to specialize the 'Mechs.
  • 733P, my current favorite is nerfed by the removal of its heat generation reduction quirk.
In the end, HGNs will still suck and will stay the same. The reasons why nobody picks them are still untouched. I won't reiterate what I already wrote here, but I'll just say that PGI missed a huge opportunity to bring HGNs to action here. Three freaking passes and every single opportunity is wasted.

Also, glancing upon the list; why would you nerf the Treb-7M? Was it too good? Were they overwhelming the solo queue? Also, Trebs don't need side torso structure but they need massive boosts to CT because their CT hitbox sucks in everything. Quickdraw needs massive armor bonuses like the Zeus to compensate for its out-of-whack scaling.

Seriously, they need to stop dumping these quirks 2-3 days before the patch. Post them up before you send them to testing and LET the community give feedback. Get those responsible for the quirks on the forums and let them speak to the community. Whoever is responsible for the quirks certainly don't have an idea how some 'Mechs work or play.

/end rant

The 733P has heat generation quirks now? And they took those out? Ugh, that't not good. I didn't remember that it had them.

Would agree that they need a bit more torso twist rate, I think only one of them got a buff to that at all.

#89 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:19 PM

View PostTina Benoit, on 16 March 2015 - 12:06 PM, said:

Hey MechWarriors!

You might notice a change to the quirk design process starting with this patch. We are going to be switching to a more iterative quirk design process for the near future. As such, these quirk changes in general are not as large as some of those that were previously added. We will evaluate the performance of these quirks and make further adjustments in the future as warranted based on the results.

Call me a purist, but I don't like the +5% Speed bonus for the Summoner. I would replace it for more expressive quirks of Rate of Fire and Heat Generation.

#90 FORGE88

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPimpville

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:20 PM

Qurik the nova, Warhawk could do with minor torso armor buffs too.

#91 Tahribator

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:20 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 16 March 2015 - 01:18 PM, said:

The 733P has heat generation quirks now? And they took those out? Ugh, that't not good. I didn't remember that it had them.

Would agree that they need a bit more torso twist rate, I think only one of them got a buff to that at all.

733P has a -10% energy heat generation quirk. It's being axed. 733C had 10% torso twist speed quirks initially(when they first came out) but it was removed ever since.

#92 Mangonel TwoSix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 238 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:21 PM

Clan ones look pretty good to me. Maybe too good.

+20% Ballistic Cooldown on the Gargoyle? That sounds pretty sweet.

Since all the pods add up you can get some pretty decent quirks

#93 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,252 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:21 PM

View PostTahribator, on 16 March 2015 - 01:20 PM, said:

733P has a -10% energy heat generation quirk. It's being axed. 733C had 10% torso twist speed quirks initially(when they first came out) but it was removed ever since.

Yeah now only the 733 has torso turn rate.

#94 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:22 PM

View PostKain Thul, on 16 March 2015 - 12:13 PM, said:

The weapons ones did not blow my skirt up but some of these structure/armor and general agility bonuses are really nice. The Ice Ferret with 20% accel/deccel? I cannot wait for that though I bet I will not notice the weapons related quirks.

The Gargoyle at 15% accel/deccel looks nice too--hopefully it gets its movement profile altered as well.

This. ^

And I miss some serious Energy Generation quirks for the Nova.

EDIT: and good quirks for the Kit Fox. And the Mist Lynx.

Edited by Odanan, 16 March 2015 - 01:26 PM.

#95 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:24 PM

View Postshad0w4life, on 16 March 2015 - 01:18 PM, said:

Would you take the newly quirked Adder or Ice Ferret in to a serious match thinking it would be competitive? Or Firestarter, Black Jack, Enforcer, Cent? (IS +10T CW so I'll toss in 50T mechs) or would you think it's lackluster still?

Of all the mechs you mentioned, only the Firestarter can be considered 'competitive', and when the Arctic Cheetah arrives it will be curious if it remains 'top tier'.

#96 J0anna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 939 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:27 PM

Pretty much what I expected agility and structure/armor quirks, glad you didn't disappoint...One good thing about these quirks, I still have no reason whatsoever to drop in the Ice Feces.... :P

#97 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:28 PM

View PostXolin, on 16 March 2015 - 12:14 PM, said:

anyone else see these as....mediocre?

-5% overheat damage? Useless to those of us that only use it as a last resort.
-1% to LBX spread...because thats a lot?

What on EARTH are they thinking?

#98 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:28 PM

Congratulations, I still have no desire to use any of these clan mechs. This was a waste of your time.

#99 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:29 PM

QUICKDRAWSS!!!!!

Nice changes to my favourite mechs, the 4H

WELL PLAYED

#100 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:29 PM

No heat reduction quirks on the Puma and no changes to the K2. What on earth is even happening?

Posted Image

Hahaha

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users