625 replies to this topic

#101 DocBach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:31 PM

Has quirks for the resistance 'Mechs been announced yet?

#102 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:31 PM

View PostcSand, on 16 March 2015 - 01:29 PM, said:

QUICKDRAWSS!!!!!

Nice changes to my favourite mechs, the 4H

WELL PLAYED

now does your quickdraw die fast?....

#103 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:32 PM

View PostDocBach, on 16 March 2015 - 01:31 PM, said:

http://mwomercs.com/...us-screenshots/

#104 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Great stuff with the non-weapon-related quirks, really appreciate the numbers provided there.

But the weapon quirks are a joke. I'm talking about the percentage values, not the type choices.

PGI, with the very first weapons quirks you released, you used insanely large numbers that completely restructured the entire meta and make some of the "meh" chassis completely overpowered.

Now... you're releasing weapon quirks that stack together for a total of 4% alteration on chassis that deserve 10% or 15%. This shows that you have no concept of balance in this game. If Paul is the one coming up with the figures to put on quirks these days, I'm calling you out man. What's up? Phil could write better quirks than this. I'm even tempted to suggest that you should put him to the task. He knows what's up.

But... I do appreciate that we're not overquirking things. This is a step in the absolute right direction, and it's appreciated. Overquirking is the worst offense you could make. =P

Edited by Tarogato, 16 March 2015 - 01:36 PM.

#105 Tasker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Yes. They were posted in the Zeus/Grasshopper screenshot thread.

Prepare for disappointment. Unless you're that one person in the entire world who thinks that +10% AMS range is a great bonus.

#106 BARBAR0SSA

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:33 PM

View PostDavers, on 16 March 2015 - 01:24 PM, said:

Of all the mechs you mentioned, only the Firestarter can be considered 'competitive', and when the Arctic Cheetah arrives it will be curious if it remains 'top tier'.

Really? I see all of those mechs on organized units in CW all the time. Blackjack AC20 build is a littler home wrecker.

Heck, even a wolverine 6k that's 10T more..I see a heck of a lot of them and I'd gladly take that over an ice ferret. I love that mech though, I was averaging over 1000 dmg in it so I may be biased.

Edited by shad0w4life, 16 March 2015 - 01:36 PM.

#107 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:34 PM

View PostTasker, on 16 March 2015 - 01:32 PM, said:

Yes. They were posted in the Zeus/Grasshopper screenshot thread.

Prepare for disappointment. Unless you're that one person in the entire world who thinks that +10% AMS range is a great bonus.

Bro, my summoner's 30% ams range shits all over your hopper.

...sigh.

#108 aGentleWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 254 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:35 PM

are Pulse Lasers also Laser???
Duration on Catapult C1.....

#109 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:36 PM

I'm liking those revised missile cooldown quirks such as on the Trebuchets, it didn't make much sense to have quirks for missile weapons of specific sizes so it's nice to see that change.

Might be able to make a nicer medium LRM build now without smaller launchers being left in the dust, one that actually has enough ammo and heatsinks with the 40% cooldown reduction that remains.

#110 The Amazing Atomic Spaniel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • LocationBath, UK

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:37 PM

Clan quirks look rubbish.

What a disappointment.

Bugger :(

#111 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:39 PM

Yes, they were just as bad as these clan quirks are now.

#112 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:40 PM

View Postshad0w4life, on 16 March 2015 - 01:33 PM, said:

Really? I see all of those mechs on organized units in CW all the time. Blackjack AC20 build is a littler home wrecker.

Heck, even a wolverine 6k that's 10T more..I see a heck of a lot of them and I'd gladly take that over an ice ferret. I love that mech though, I was averaging over 1000 dmg in it so I may be biased.

Really? Maybe if they stopped using those bad mechs the IS might actually push the Clans back? :P

The 6K was fun when it had LPL quirks- it really set it apart and gave a reason to run it. Now it has LL quirks with a bunch of other mechs and is boring now. :(

I still run it with LPL though.

#113 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:40 PM

The armor buffs to the Heavy Metal and CPLT-A1 are a joke. Nobody shot the Heavy Metal arms before, and now they're basically unkillable (why did it even need that quirk, especially of that magnitude?). People shot the A1 arms because it was the intelligent thing to do, just like shooting the arm of the YLW. I could see the +10 structure +10 armor that the other Catapults got, but +20/+20 is absolutely nuts. Don't get me wrong, I'm going to be playing the crap out of it again as it's one of my favorite mechs, but it's going to feel really cheesy to have arms that are almost Atlas arms. Also, some of those Treb quirks (SL/ML/LL???) are a little odd - if you want to pigeonhole us into a specific build why did you change the 7M to have generic LRM 40% quirks instead of LRM15 quirks? And why do some Trebs have nuts quirks and others have joke ones? On to the Quickdraw, which will see some play now which is good. Not a fan of the 40% AC5 quirk, as it now basically obsoletes the WVR-6R.

I like that the changes to the clans are small, but 1% or 2% changes really don't do much for these particular mechs. The agility is good though.

#114 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:41 PM

Well, at least they're evening the playing field I guess. Garbage for everyone regardless of faction, the meta remains unchanged because top tiers are still top tier.

#115 Glaive-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 951 posts
  • LocationIn a cave

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:42 PM

View PostRoknari, on 16 March 2015 - 01:21 PM, said:

Clan ones look pretty good to me. Maybe too good.

+20% Ballistic Cooldown on the Gargoyle? That sounds pretty sweet.

Since all the pods add up you can get some pretty decent quirks

I wouldn't call any of them "too good".
The ballistic cooldown on the Gargoyle might be fun, but keep in mind it will only ever have two ballistic weapons, and it doesn't have the pod space to mount large ones.

Kinda sad that most of the clan weapon quirks do almost nothing. Summoner even got slightly nerfed in some ways (the 10% energy cooldown on the prime RA was reduced).

Though I guess I shouldn't complain, the HP and mobility buffs to the Adder and Ice Ferret should be very nice, and the Summoner's mobility was also buffed even more (can't comment on the Gargoyle, since I don't own one).

#116 RedDevil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 702 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:42 PM

I will say I like the mix and match idea of Omni-pods, to make custom quirks. The values just need some tweaking.

#117 ChapeL

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:43 PM

Well that was a waste of your time guys. I'm sorry :(

#118 WintermuteOmega

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 139 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:47 PM

I think, the quirks are all right. They are not huge, but Claners tend to be better anyway, and to make the lesser mechs overpower the other "good" clan chassis would have been overkill for sure.

No Nova love quirks make me sad though.

#119 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:51 PM

Im hoping there are some missing 'zeros' in the ones columns on the Summoner quirks...

A stacked 2% to 4% is gonna make me cry.

Save our Summoner!!!

#120 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:53 PM

View PostWintermuteOmega, on 16 March 2015 - 01:47 PM, said:

I think, the quirks are all right. They are not huge, but Claners tend to be better anyway, and to make the lesser mechs overpower the other "good" clan chassis would have been overkill for sure.

No Nova love quirks make me sad though.

They're not alright. At all.

Let's look at the summoner. Why does no one use one? Because the summoner is outclassed by every other clan heavy. Each is a master of its own specialty, and the summoner can basically try to do any of these, but cannot do them well.

The problem lies within the fact that it can't do any of these even as well as the other mechs can, so why would I bring one? Yes, it makes it marginally better than it was, but that margin is so tiny that the gap between the mechs is still a massive gulf.

Edited by Wingbreaker, 16 March 2015 - 01:54 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users