Clans Lost 50 Planets During The Weekend Event...

Balance

455 replies to this topic

#21 shaqtacular

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:08 AM

View PostGyrok, on 27 March 2015 - 11:50 PM, said:

So about that "Clamz OP plz nerf" stuff...yeah...not so much.

Your mechs are great, your players are awful. Hope this helps!

#22 zagibu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:10 AM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 28 March 2015 - 06:44 AM, said:

all these "Clans losing planets has nothing to do with balance" comments make me laugh.

how many threads were created that proclaimed "Clans are OP... look at the map!" ?

You make me laugh, because you don't understand how CW works.

#23 shaqtacular

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:12 AM

IS is shoehorned into a few mechs per weight class that can hold their own toe to toe with clans of the same tonnage with one exception being the Firestarter who is superior to all clan lights...but if you think you are losing because of a bunch of Firestarters you have bigger problems you need to address

Edited by shaqtacular, 28 March 2015 - 07:12 AM.

#24 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:18 AM

View Postzagibu, on 28 March 2015 - 07:10 AM, said:

You make me laugh, because you don't understand how CW works.

oh, I do... I was pointing out that the argument that was used many times to "prove" clans were OP is now being dismissed as an effect of player populations....

#25 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:19 AM

View Postshaqtacular, on 28 March 2015 - 07:12 AM, said:

IS is shoehorned into a few mechs per weight class that can hold their own toe to toe with clans of the same tonnage with one exception being the Firestarter who is superior to all clan lights...but if you think you are losing because of a bunch of Firestarters you have bigger problems you need to address

You do know the clan distribution right

Light mechs 3
Medium mechs 3
Heavy mechs 4
Assault mechs 3

Then I rank by useless per class
light mechs 3
medium mechs 2
heavy mechs 1.5 (want to love Mad Dog, but hey its still better than Summoner)
assualt mechs 1.5 (because whales are too slow for CW really)

So what are the clans supposed to drive?

Edited by Yokaiko, 28 March 2015 - 07:42 AM.

#26 Strykewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRogue River, Oregon

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:19 AM

Been a hell of a brawl, so far; for this event. :D

#27 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:23 AM

Another one of these.

It wasn't because "clan mechs were overpowered" that you guys jammed your way way past lore. If I recall correctly, according to clan players at the time, it was because IS players needed to "play harder" and "learn the game" and "tactics OP" and "teamwork OP," but now that you're being jammed back, it's because, despite the fact the most recent quirks scaled back many mechs, Inner Sphere mechs are OP.

Maybe, juussssssst maybe, there's something else at work here. Like...numbers. Like...Mercenaries. Like the fact their populations and the quicksilver way they hop from faction to faction swings the balance WAY too fast.

Steiner hasn't had the mercs since near the beginning of January. Lest you forget, we shoved Jade Falcon all the way back to the Periphery that time. And since then? Without those numbers? All the Clans nearly hit Terra.

Had all the merc units gone to FRR, they probably would have been the size of Davion by now.

So...calm down, carry on: the mercs will migrate back your way soon enough and then you can safely go back to "You guys just need to play harder."

#28 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:26 AM

View Postshaqtacular, on 28 March 2015 - 07:12 AM, said:

hahahaha

Go look at the selection of clans mechs and come back and tell me who is SHOEHORNED into using viable mechs...

I will wait.

View PostDawnstealer, on 28 March 2015 - 07:23 AM, said:

Another one of these.

It wasn't because "clan mechs were overpowered" that you guys jammed your way way past lore. If I recall correctly, according to clan players at the time, it was because IS players needed to "play harder" and "learn the game" and "tactics OP" and "teamwork OP," but now that you're being jammed back, it's because, despite the fact the most recent quirks scaled back many mechs, Inner Sphere mechs are OP.

Maybe, juussssssst maybe, there's something else at work here. Like...numbers. Like...Mercenaries. Like the fact their populations and the quicksilver way they hop from faction to faction swings the balance WAY too fast.

Steiner hasn't had the mercs since near the beginning of January. Lest you forget, we shoved Jade Falcon all the way back to the Periphery that time. And since then? Without those numbers? All the Clans nearly hit Terra.

Had all the merc units gone to FRR, they probably would have been the size of Davion by now.

So...calm down, carry on: the mercs will migrate back your way soon enough and then you can safely go back to "You guys just need to play harder."

Preach Brother! PREACH LOUD!

I dont find it strange or unusual that after the latest rewards adjustments and the constant quriks changes and such that people are playing IS more. More Mercs went IS for the money and easy pay days....

This is a direct result of PGI not balancing rewards and swinging the CBILL nerf bat around. You cannot make any money playing clans so why join them. Also very little fights go on because we have very few neighboors to fights. Once again makes it impossible as mercs to make money with clan mechs.

So Mercs go IS, this is all very predictable and should not be a surprise or a secret to anyone why we lost 8 planets last night.

Edited by DarthRevis, 28 March 2015 - 07:30 AM.

#29 shaqtacular

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:36 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 28 March 2015 - 07:26 AM, said:

hahahaha

Go look at the selection of clans mechs and come back and tell me who is SHOEHORNED into using viable mechs...

I will wait.

"Oh no I have to use the best mechs in the game by far!!! This isn't fair!!!!" - rock banging clanner, 2015

#30 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:44 AM

View Postshaqtacular, on 28 March 2015 - 07:36 AM, said:

"Oh no I have to use the best mechs in the game by far!!! This isn't fair!!!!" - rock banging clanner, 2015

Its not by much.

I get the distinct impression the TImbergod set has never actually loaded up and fought with a drop deck of Timbers and Crows.

.....Particually Timbers they are SO good that I don't even drop with them in CW usually, 90% of the time I run two crow two bringer.

#31 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:45 AM

View PostWar Dogz, on 28 March 2015 - 12:08 AM, said:

Ah don`t worry soon We the I.S will get another 5 tons in the drop deck and shall push the clans back in to deep space.

Yeah, CW release will be based around Strana Mechty, never mind Terra and teh current CW map....

#32 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:03 AM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 28 March 2015 - 06:44 AM, said:

all these "Clans losing planets has nothing to do with balance" comments make me laugh.

how many threads were created that proclaimed "Clans are OP... look at the map!" ?

It absolutely has nothing to do with balance. Just because IS players came up with that logical fallacy in the past doesn't mean it's suddenly true when it applies to us.

The number of IS pugs have skyrocketed because of this event, so the queues are being stacked anywhere from 3-5 teams ready to drop. That means any Clan team that readies up will always end up on the defense, whether it's holding territory, or defending the cannon, because the first team in the queue gets to attack.

#33 Angry Kylo Ren

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 120 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:05 AM

Don't pretend IS quirks aren't godlike right now.

Stalker 4N is probably the best CW mech atm.

#34 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:10 AM

View Postshaqtacular, on 28 March 2015 - 07:36 AM, said:

Oh i have to use the ACTUAL BEST MECH IN THE GAME

STK-4N anyone? TDR Pulse boat?

Please, PGi gave you a way to win and you all STILL whine..... :P

I dont run usually run TBR's in CW....sorry.

MDD's or HBRs

Edited by DarthRevis, 28 March 2015 - 08:11 AM.

#35 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:14 AM

View PostAresye, on 28 March 2015 - 08:03 AM, said:

It absolutely has nothing to do with balance. Just because IS players came up with that logical fallacy in the past doesn't mean it's suddenly true when it applies to us.

The number of IS pugs have skyrocketed because of this event, so the queues are being stacked anywhere from 3-5 teams ready to drop. That means any Clan team that readies up will always end up on the defense, whether it's holding territory, or defending the cannon, because the first team in the queue gets to attack.

never said it was true..just pointing out how the argument has flipped

#36 Novawrecker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:20 AM

View PostGyrok, on 27 March 2015 - 11:50 PM, said:

So about that "Clamz OP plz nerf" stuff...yeah...not so much

As I personally said to you in our match last night: "It's not the mechs" ;)

View PostDarthRevis, on 28 March 2015 - 08:10 AM, said:

Please, PGi gave you a way to win and you all STILL whine..... :P

*Takes a look at this whinning thread started by the original poster, whom is a Clanner* Say what about whining? :P

Edited by Novawrecker, 28 March 2015 - 08:25 AM.

#37 Star Wolves Admin Account

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:26 AM

View PostAresye, on 28 March 2015 - 08:03 AM, said:

Exactly CWI, MS, and SWOL were each rocking a minimum of 2 12 mans last night and we still couldn't take a DC planet (almost but not quite). We each won all our games on the last hour but still went down.

Too many random players but that's ok; it was a lot of fun regardless. :)

This weekend has very little to do with overall balance but rather simply a numbers issue.

#38 shaqtacular

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:34 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 28 March 2015 - 08:10 AM, said:

I dont run usually run TBR's in CW....sorry.

lol and yet you complain about quirks okay. clanner logic.

#39 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:39 AM

The Clanners that cried Wolf need to reevaluate their own work.

There is some complacency for many Clans, and that's not the IS's fault.

It is important to have numbers, and I'm not going to argue against that, but you obviously still have to win those matches.

But hey... give the IS some Clan tech... for a week, and see what the IS can do with that... a "reverse CW" if you will. Then maybe you'll stop complaining and use the tools you were provided?

Edited by Deathlike, 28 March 2015 - 08:39 AM.

#40 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts
  • LocationWarrior, Command Star, Alpha Galaxy, Clan Wolf.

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:56 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 28 March 2015 - 08:39 AM, said:

The Clanners that cried Wolf need to reevaluate their own work.

There is some complacency for many Clans, and that's not the IS's fault.

It is important to have numbers, and I'm not going to argue against that, but you obviously still have to win those matches.

But hey... give the IS some Clan tech... for a week, and see what the IS can do with that... a "reverse CW" if you will. Then maybe you'll stop complaining and use the tools you were provided?

Why not jump over to a Clan and test the 'Mechs out for yourself?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users