Clans Lost 50 Planets During The Weekend Event...

Balance

455 replies to this topic

#41 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:59 AM

I have about three Dropdecks worth of heavily quirked goodness currently, the only mech shared between them is the Thud -5SS

It would be 5 if they would come up with re-supply of some form, I can't run anything ammo dependent because punching out with a good mech that is down to two mlas annoys me.

Edited by Yokaiko, 28 March 2015 - 08:59 AM.

#42 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:22 AM

View Postshaqtacular, on 28 March 2015 - 07:12 AM, said:

IS is shoehorned into a few mechs per weight class that can hold their own toe to toe with clans of the same tonnage with one exception being the Firestarter who is superior to all clan lights...but if you think you are losing because of a bunch of Firestarters you have bigger problems you need to address

umm LOL? IS is shoehorned into a few mechs PER WEIGHT CLASS!? a clanners current wish to have a few "decent" mechs per weight class.... at least the arctic cheetah may somewhat level the light field, but then again it will probably be the only fast light in the game without lagshields and garbage hit reg.

anyway point being IS is roflstomping clans right now, call it what you want shite clan players or what ever. it is what it is.

#43 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:59 AM

You guys can't have it both ways. When things are going well for clans (and they have been for almost the entirety of CW), you told us things like: "clan players are just naturally more skilled." So, when I have tried to bring up mech composition in unrestricted league play, I get shot down because "that's not community warfare!" Now that you're struggling it's a mech balance issue?

The biggest issues with community warfare are:

1. Player population disparity
2. Exploits and abuses in the game modes.

When you have a player population difference it's so much harder to fight off another faction even if you win 90% of your matches. You can mitigate it to an extent with abusive rushes, and excellent faction-organization, but only so much. There is also the very real problem of the game type being dictated by the team with more people in the queue. I don't really know how to solve this.

The other problem is the game design themselves.

Generator rushing for example should not be nearly as easy as it is. It's insanely unfair for the defenders. Think about it, you have to blind-counter the enemy's wave 1 because you have no idea if they are going to light-rush you or bring their big guns. If you guess wrong, you have a terrible wave 1 and potentially straight up lose. Even if you bring the right mechs, you have an almost certain chance of losing all your generators. I dunno, maybe it's easier with clan streak 6 storm crows, but it's pretty hard for IS and all but impossible for a non-12 man.

Compounding the problem is terrain design. I need to make a detailed post about all that is wrong with the terrain, but bases are weirdly designed so that they often favor the attackers. It makes no sense to have the only entrance to a generator conveniently facing your attacking army. Or to have cliffs/terrain that block defenders IN instead of blocking attackers OUT.

Then we have spawn camping. If you're a game designer and you're trying to create good back and forth action, the last thing you want is to allow teams to camp respawns. That just leads to one sided stomps. Is the team that lets themselves get spawn camped going to lose anyway? Usually, but not always and you just compound the slaughter by taking out all fresh reinforcements. Lots of ways to improve this. Better respawn selection, temporary shield to give people time to find cover, or a more aggressive drop ship that sticks around long enough for you to find cover.

These are the problems as I see it with community warfare. IS is not OP, unless you're going to tell me that nearly every single competitive team and player in this game is a clueless noob. Because with the primary exception of lights, they all bring clan mechs to competitive games.

As far as player population differences, I think you should be a little patient. A lot of contracts are ending today and tomorrow so your fortunes could very well be reversed by the end of the weekend. I know ours is coming up Sunday and we'll be fighting for Clans for the next two weeks.

One final point I would like to point out that despite the complaining, Wolf almost took a planet off Kurita. It came down to one counter-attack win at the very last moment.

#44 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:05 AM

i agree with you jman, all i want to see is a stoppage to the "clan is op" thing. the clan mechs have been nerfed enough. tbh i think the current balance is better then it has ever been in mwo.

#45 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:12 AM

Cryok gonna Cry,
But JMan don't lie.

#46 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:12 AM

View PostVincent V., on 28 March 2015 - 08:56 AM, said:

Why not jump over to a Clan and test the 'Mechs out for yourself?

deathlike was in clan for awhile. He went kurita after getting his ass kicked so bad by the I.S with all those quirks he went and switched sides.. NOW THAT is pathetic. it just goes to show that a lot of pilots cant fight clans WITHOUT quirks. That is the proof im seeing right this very moment. CLANS being op? you guys are dumb.

#47 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:21 AM

So IS wants us to roll over and die, or stop playing the game. Is that what people want?

Look, it sucks. So let's fix it.

Get on each other's Teamspeaks. Start coordinating our attack and defense options.

Inner Sphere is doing the same damn thing and we've seen the effects of that. So let's match that.

#48 Aldo_Raine

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:30 AM

IS OP. PGI Plz Nerf

Edited by Aldo1Raine, 28 March 2015 - 10:30 AM.

#49 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:32 AM

I think the problem here is that everybody has tabletop-complex. There are too many Battletech fans playing this game, lol.

If you erase all bias and prior BT experience, we actually have a pretty well-balanced game, where 12 IS vs 12 Clan is ok. Where 12 vs 10 is irrelevant. MWO has never seen a greater balance than RIGHT NOW. I think PGI is on the right track finally with micro-quirk tweaks. Both sides have a wide array now of mechs to choose from. Maybe we'll even see Clan battlemechs and IS omnis in the future.

And as far as last night goes, while it was a total defeat for the Clans, I have never been more excited playing ComWar!!! We finally get a taste of what ComWar could be like with a high player opt-in. This is what it should be like, with over a hundred players on each side fighting for planets!

#50 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:33 AM

View PostSummon3r, on 28 March 2015 - 09:22 AM, said:

umm LOL? IS is shoehorned into a few mechs PER WEIGHT CLASS!? a clanners current wish to have a few "decent" mechs per weight class.... at least the arctic cheetah may somewhat level the light field, but then again it will probably be the only fast light in the game without lagshields and garbage hit reg.

Actually if they do not break the Arctic Cheetah hitboxes like they did with Spider and Firestarter it is hardly going to be much different from other lights. They are good because they are almost invulnerable, period. Or maybe PGI can, you know... fix the game? Fix the hitboxes and hitreg for EVERYONE, erase the ridiculous IS quirks and adjust the deck weights so that they are 1) equal for all sides and 2) prohibiting usage of many instances of basically SAME MECH. 2 HBR-2 SCR, TDRs everywhere - F that S! Even solo matches see more mech diversity.

#51 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:37 AM

View PostSniper09121986, on 28 March 2015 - 10:33 AM, said:

Actually if they do not break the Arctic Cheetah hitboxes like they did with Spider and Firestarter it is hardly going to be much different from other lights. They are good because they are almost invulnerable, period. Or maybe PGI can, you know... fix the game? Fix the hitboxes and hitreg for EVERYONE, erase the ridiculous IS quirks and adjust the deck weights so that they are 1) equal for all sides and 2) prohibiting usage of many instances of basically SAME MECH. 2 HBR-2 SCR, TDRs everywhere - F that S! Even solo matches see more mech diversity.

WORD.

#52 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:44 AM

View PostRepasy, on 28 March 2015 - 10:37 AM, said:

WORD.

Blake :D

#53 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:00 AM

View PostSummon3r, on 28 March 2015 - 10:05 AM, said:

i agree with you jman, all i want to see is a stoppage to the "clan is op" thing. the clan mechs have been nerfed enough. tbh i think the current balance is better then it has ever been in mwo.

lol
Posted Image

From about three minutes ago.

#54 Eleshod

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 187 posts
  • LocationVegas baby!

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:15 AM

View PostGyrok, on 27 March 2015 - 11:50 PM, said:

So about that "Clamz OP plz nerf" stuff...yeah...not so much.

12 man IS groups stomping clan pugs due to the event, welcome to our side without an event.

#55 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:16 AM

So does that mean IS PUGs are recklessly good at stomping clans? Yeah, thought so <_<

#56 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:18 AM

I'm not even worried about these recent losses lol.

Event or no event, IS has had their moments of total victory in the past. What never changes is that they are short lived.

That has nothing to do with tech and everything to do with player disparity. After this event is over, all those IS pilots who just woke up will go back into hibernation (:( unfortunately)

#57 StUffz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 485 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:23 AM

8 planets? Lets speak again when you have lost 121 or 141 planets... :D

#58 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:29 AM

View PostStUffz, on 28 March 2015 - 11:23 AM, said:

8 planets? Lets speak again when you have lost 121 or 141 planets... :D

and while stiener continues to ignore marik like they shouldn't be doing, they take your planets in the south. sad they taking a lot of em now.

#59 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:34 AM

View PostGyrok, on 27 March 2015 - 11:50 PM, said:

So about that "Clamz OP plz nerf" stuff...yeah...not so much.

"numbers have a quality all their own"
-Some strategist somewhere.

#60 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:38 AM

View PostTexAss, on 28 March 2015 - 11:16 AM, said:

So does that mean IS PUGs are recklessly good at stomping clans? Yeah, thought so <_<

Posted Image

....there is a PUG from the next game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users