Clans Lost 50 Planets During The Weekend Event...

Balance

455 replies to this topic

#441 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 06 April 2015 - 09:35 AM

View PostSorbic, on 06 April 2015 - 08:05 AM, said:

In summery. "I want a "I win" button and nerf the Stalker. Can't have an IS mech being on par with our clan heavy..."

When even a Clan assault can not Alpha 6 ER Larges....there is an issue....so yea nerf the IS laser thus it would balance out the game...you guys call so much for balance yet your 80 ton assault can do what a 100 ton Clan can not....You IS players don't like the idea of nerfs cause you guys ARE on top and don't like the idea off losing some ground to Clan (OMG CLAN OP CLAN OP NERF THEM SO I CAN WIN!)..This is not balanced the ball is in your side of the court and you wont admit it or at least you don't want to lose it even to bring it to mid court.

Edited by Crottykid16, 06 April 2015 - 09:55 AM.

#442 Suzumiya Haruhi no Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 413 posts
  • Locationjapan

Posted 06 April 2015 - 10:06 AM

It is unfair the Stalker is able to alpha for the same damage damage and one less time than my Timberwolf without overheating.

#443 Astrocanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 642 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 10:21 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 28 March 2015 - 01:48 AM, said:

Allright, because the Clans lost 8 planets, without knowledge how those losses happened (you know, unimportant stuff like who fought who, premades, pugs and stuff), the IS tech is OP when compared to Clantech?

Sounds legit.

Like the fact that DERP took an IS contract, for example?

#444 Astrocanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 642 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 10:28 AM

View PostCrottykid16, on 05 April 2015 - 10:31 AM, said:

When do you see any Dire wolf's in CW....or even a Warhawk or Gargoyle...Clan assaults in CW are not to useful....Also thank god they are thinking about nerfing the Stalker....While they are at it bring LRM'S to MW4 standards....make IS mechs only good not these great quirked out mechs(not given a huge quirk crutch just to be Clan equivalents....) Sick of IS players bitching to get buffs and quirks....

Flofinator would like a word with you. The guy is stupid with CGauss.

#445 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 06 April 2015 - 10:43 AM

View PostAstrocanis, on 06 April 2015 - 10:28 AM, said:

The point is the Dire Wolf takes up 100tons to the Stalkers 80, also very slow....It puts a huge limit on the other mechs that clanner could bring...So very few and only under certain circumstances does a Dire Whale work...ON attack its almost usleess unless you plan to use them in a tanking roll.

Edited by Crottykid16, 06 April 2015 - 10:44 AM.

#446 reign

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 459 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:44 AM

(DERP) here Flof Roxxors :). Will be taking quite a few more IS contracts, we want those free mech bays before they close BETA.

Sending love out to all of you all, and warming up my 4N :) and prepping for an Urbie Derbie on Wednesday as well.

#447 mxlm

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:59 PM

View PostAstrocanis, on 06 April 2015 - 10:28 AM, said:

I'm not sure you want to invoke Flof, since he found it easier to attain absurd damage numbers with his IS drop deck than with his Clan drop deck.

He also doesn't bring DWF to CW, except maybe on a lark. Though he is certainly a skilled DWF pilot. No Twinky, but...

View PostHydrocarbon, on 05 April 2015 - 01:57 PM, said:

Compared to a stormcrow with 6xERML and a LPL, the 4N is a sad panda. The 4N is 2/3 the speed & must stagger the shots while the stormcrow can do 16% more damage per shot in ONE alpha and can be brought in a trio. If one must point out the 4N's extra range from quirks, then they open the can of worms of C-ERLL range over IS-ERLL and will drown in it.

I want to be sure I understand you: you're taking the position that the 4N isn't as good as a laser vomit stormcrow?

View PostRoland09, on 06 April 2015 - 04:36 AM, said:

Yes, that's a total of three chassis that you clammers need to purchase, equip and master, versus how many IS?

You don't need to master Stalkers, Dragons, Wolverines, or Thunderbolts for them to be viable in CW. I know, because I didn't have any of them mastered in the week we went Kurita, and I had no problem stomping Davions (seriously, I'd thought all the forum stuff about lolDavions was a joke. Then we played against them) or putting in solid performances against clan groups. Actually, lots of us didn't have a number of our IS mechs mastered and, again, no issues with performance.

Mind you, you're a lot closer to right than the guy you're arguing with is.

Really, balance in terms of CW is in a pretty good place right now. Yes, the TBR has no peer. The SCR is a lot closer to its competition, but still a standout. But thanks to quirks and the tonnage advantage, it's pretty simple: if you're IS and you're losing, it's not because of the Timbergod (I mean, assuming you're not dropping 4xCicadas or something similarly stupid). If you're Clan and you're losing, it's not because of the quirks.

Edited by mxlm, 06 April 2015 - 04:04 PM.

#448 Novawrecker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:11 PM

View Postzortesh, on 05 April 2015 - 12:45 PM, said:

... when any good player that can aim knows guassrifles and pulse lasers kill lights way way better then streaks, and are also good against heavier oppoents, where streaks are utterly useless.

This is 100% correct.

View Postzortesh, on 05 April 2015 - 12:45 PM, said:

Yes clan streaks are so sad and ineffective vs anything but lights...

They're not that effective vs. lights as much either thank to recent discoveries ;)

#449 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:03 AM

View PostCrottykid16, on 06 April 2015 - 09:35 AM, said:

When even a Clan assault can not Alpha 6 ER Larges....there is an issue....so yea nerf the IS laser thus it would balance out the game...you guys call so much for balance yet your 80 ton assault can do what a 100 ton Clan can not....You IS players don't like the idea of nerfs cause you guys ARE on top and don't like the idea off losing some ground to Clan (OMG CLAN OP CLAN OP NERF THEM SO I CAN WIN!)..This is not balanced the ball is in your side of the court and you wont admit it or at least you don't want to lose it even to bring it to mid court.

The meta's pretty balanced right now, all things considered, but literally every team capable of winning matches has gone on an IS vacation right now or doesn't bother with defense (why would they?) and the current roster of clan trial mechs are garbage, garbage, garbage. The stalker's also stupidly easy to build and use when compared to other top tier mechs so everybody and their grandmother is using it. Doesn't mean it's OP, it's just the only good mech most of the terrible, terrible pugs who populate CW are familiar with right now.

Edited by Chef Kerensky, 07 April 2015 - 04:04 AM.

#450 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 06:50 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 03 April 2015 - 09:56 PM, said:

So with as much as 480 less tons in the field and brutally inferior trial mechs the Clans still won over 50% of their matches.

I agree with a number of things you're saying...but you gotta stop with the 480 tons.

It's not 10 extra tons per player EACH DROP of 4 drops.

It's 10 extra tons across the board for each player, spread out between those 4 drops.

120 ton advantage...not 480.

#451 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:38 AM

Whoops. My bad. Someone else had brought it up and I didn't check the math.

#452 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:51 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 07 April 2015 - 09:38 AM, said:

Whoops. My bad. Someone else had brought it up and I didn't check the math.

HA. Can you imagine that? We're gonna give one side 13 extra Firestarters. lol

#453 Mangonel TwoSix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 238 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:32 PM

You really can't compare the IS Lasers to the Clan lasers directly. Saying a Clan assault can't shoot 6 er LL ( thats 66 damage at 740m) and crying about an IS mech that can shoot 6 LL for 54 damage at 450m is hardly oranges to oranges.

It would be more accurate to compare 3 IS Large Lasers (27 damage at 450m) to 4 Clan er Mediums 28 damage at 405m)

I realize this is not perfect comparison either due to quirks and modules, but it is a little more honest. If I'm being honest with myself the balance is fairly close weapons wise.

Where the Clans have the maximum advantage is with their XL engines and Endo and FF taking fewer crit slots. XLs that dont die when a torso gets removed is a HUGE advantage. It lets Clan mechs bring more weapons to the party (and those weapons are for the most part a little better)

#454 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:38 PM

well what ever the discussion Russ may not have to reset the map,
if things keep up Clans will be pushed back to their starting locations before the 21st,

#455 The Flying Gecko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 372 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 08:13 PM

View Postzortesh, on 28 March 2015 - 03:27 PM, said:

I did this....

The clan mechs were clearly superior.

The teamwork was non-existant, I couldn't find a good 12man to play with, there was no coordination... and everyone insisted on taking super bad mechs like novas and ice ferrets when they could take stormcrows and timberwolves.

I mean .. seriously... clanners have something against picking there own clearly kickass mechs and insist on bringing the super bad mechs instead... its like if spheroids brought nothing but locusts, awesomes(or victors even worse) and catapults.

On the bright side clan narc + hordes of useless clan players in lrmboats = lotsa easy money for me.

If you pick the worst possible clanmech and go against dragons, wubbolts, stalkers, and firestarters clans will probably seem weak to you..... if you bring 4 hellbrigners or 3 stormcrows and a timberwolf they wont seem op to you.

My unit switch to I.S. about a week ago. Just hit Rank 5 as Marik. Haven't lost a match yet.

IS and clan are relatively balanced. Now there are a couple of mechs (FOR BOTH SIDES) that tend to out-perform the rest in their class (Dragon-1N I'm looking at you [imagine that, it's typically in my drop-deck]). It doesn't even matter if you're all bringing A-List mechs, what matters is who the 11 pilots at your side are. A lot of the folks in my unit will typically rack up more damage in a single mech then an average player does with all 4. I myself typically do around 600 damage per mech, and only use 2 in a game. Unless I'm with pugs that is, in which case it's more like 1,000 each with the first 3 mechs (I get wat more shots in when my boys aren't anihilating everything), and my last one gets drop-ship camped and dies instantly :P

#456 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:39 AM

View PostCrottykid16, on 06 April 2015 - 09:35 AM, said:

As somebody who plays both sides and thinks Clans and IS are more or less balanced with some minor outliers on both sides:

Your 55 ton Medium can do what our 70 ton Heavies cannot. Your 65 and 75 ton Heavies can do what our 95 ton Assaults cannot. See how utterly silly trying to pursue that line is, now?

The Stalker doesn't usually use ERLL, it uses LL...which are roughly equivalent to C-ERML but do two more points of damage and each weigh four more tons and occupy one more critslot. That kind of investment, along with low speeds and/or XL engines, is what it takes for an IS 'Mech to reach near equivalency with a C-ERML + C-LPL vomit build. Firing either 6 ERLL or 6 LL puts any IS 'Mech in about the same spot heat-wise as firing that Clan mixed-type laser-boat. Range advantage should be awarded simply for investing 30 tons for guns alone, to say nothing of the necessary heat-sinks and the fact that you have to bring an 85 ton 'Mech to match what a Clan 55 tonner can accomplish.

Personally, I think most of the quirks are heavy handed and that the base stats on IS weapons need a boost (270 m for a Medium Laser? Really?) so we can tone some of that ridiculous **** down. Still, I think there is a failure in this thread to recognize that while yes, the IS has more good 'Mechs, each one is good at one thing and you have to bring it if you want to min-max at that one thing. Clans have fewer good 'Mechs, but they can all each be built to perform at or near the same level in any role except light rushing.

So, if Clans are having problems, it's because of the pilots. If you really want to win, quit bumbling around with bad builds on sub-standard 'Mechs featuring too many lasers and not enough heat-sinks, and coordinate your fire. That is what the Merc corps running amok in your former territories are doing, and it's what they did to earn those territories for you in the first place. Yeah, that's right, it wasn't a bunch of superior-skill Clan loyalist units that earned your **** and are now suddenly getting beaten back by IS OP, it was a bunch of whimsical units that are better than most, play everything, and wreck either way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users