Cw Being Ruined...

558 replies to this topic

#81 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:50 AM

Wut?

I am NOT seeing, or reading "anti group" anything, I'm seeing more a broken ELO or match maker.
that in a course of a few minutes, puts a 12 man against a group of solos, and a 6 and a 4 drop against solos 'cause figuring out how to make the 6/4 fight the 12 is toooo difficult.

I wish I had the link where they said the complexity of matching making lost out to faster que times.

this pissing match of pugs and drops mincing back and forth is hilarious when NEITHER are at fault, they BOTH create paychecks for PGI

#82 ArchSight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 492 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 04:09 AM

View PostNovawrecker, on 30 March 2015 - 01:28 AM, said:

This, by the very definition, makes this a non-solo game. You pretty much set up the point yourself.

I already made that point in my first post in this thread. Well at least repeating It seems to help others to finally read or understand it. ;)

#83 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:46 AM

View PostFenrisulvyn, on 29 March 2015 - 04:38 PM, said:

"These are the same types who download a Magic decklist, buy all the cards, and play it to stomp newbs at drafts and prereleases while acting like they are some sort of "superior player" for using somebody else's idea and then simply spending a bunch of money to copy it. "

^^^ This. The 2 things that are turning me off CW (and CW is the ONLY reason I came to MWO) are:

1) long wait times for drops

2) a bunch of keyboard commandos that get off on stomping inexperienced pugs and then trash-talking them in comms.

maybe you should stop being an inexperienced pug if you don't want to be trash talked, though

#84 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:50 AM

View Postkamiko kross, on 29 March 2015 - 06:21 PM, said:

I take great umbrage over this.
Here with the 3rd Takata Lancers we do not engage in any "pubstomping" or trashtalking. We have a house rule in place against spawncamping (enmies are off limits till their feet hit the deck and they are ready to fight). Earlier on, we had a GB team beaten down to their last few mechs, we offered them one on ones, so they had a chance of getting kills and earning points too.
Everyone else isn't "just leaving" groups like us are staying thank you.

ENOUGH of the anti-group hate brigading people.

NKVA has an opposite policy, if you're bad enough that you can be spawn camped then it is a mercy to kill you as quickly as possible. It's not kinder to anyone to let people land and get ready before blowing their mech to pieces.

Meanwhile against better units on the rare occasions that spawn camping is somehow viable it's a good strategy. if and when it happens to us it will be no more than we deserve. It is sweet and noble to fight your enemy neither giving nor expecting mercy

#85 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:23 AM

View PostYCSLiesmith, on 30 March 2015 - 06:50 AM, said:

It's not kinder to anyone to let people land and get ready before blowing their mech to pieces.

That is beyond delusional. And is one the MAIN reasons listed that noobs will NOT come back to CW....sheesh :rolleyes:

#86 Dillirium

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:38 AM

Played CW the first couple weeks it was out. Realized that it was junk. I haven't played it since.

#87 sdsnowbum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 170 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:58 AM

View PostDavers, on 29 March 2015 - 11:25 AM, said:

I have been pugging as Clan for the past 2 weeks. I have had a lot of great games. Only seen an enemy 12 man once, and only had a large pre made on my side once. The rest of the games have been all pugs and small units vs the same.

You know, I notice this the experience changes for different factions and at different times. I keep switching factions. And for some contracts the experience is great. For some it's terrible.

It depends what the borders are, how many teams are active on a planet, whether you are able to get matches attacking or can only defend.

I don't want to bash groups, but I do think by the nature of the map anytime a planet or front heats up the groups will swoop in and change the experience there. The problem is that I think it's usually a change for the worse, both for solos and for the groups themselves.

Quite a shame, and quite a conundrum.

#88 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:52 AM

View PostThat Dawg, on 30 March 2015 - 08:23 AM, said:

That is beyond delusional. And is one the MAIN reasons listed that noobs will NOT come back to CW....sheesh :rolleyes:

noobs shouldn't play CW they'll get drilled. and letting them land and fight just means more time in an unwinnable match, time they could have spent dropping somewhere else, hopefully against less skilled players so they can have a decent game.

#89 ROSS-128

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 396 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:17 AM

The thing is, it's really not hard to do well as long as you are pulling your own weight. You don't have to be in a unit to drop with a group.

Just look for queued groups, or hop on your faction's TS hub and go fishing for invites. Last group I was in was a random collection of people from three different units, and some unitless people (including me). We had one guy who never did more than 500 damage total, but whatever, we kept him on because we weren't having any trouble carrying him.

We kind of just kept going until people started getting tired and going to sleep.

#90 Novawrecker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:45 AM

View PostArchSight, on 30 March 2015 - 04:09 AM, said:

I already made that point in my first post in this thread. Well at least repeating It seems to help others to finally read or understand it. ;)

Oh I hear you, in fact every time you brought it up. But you also asked for solo content, and in a game where one person doesn't control the pieces on the board, this doesn't really add up, does it?

Edited by Novawrecker, 30 March 2015 - 11:32 AM.

#91 MechWarrior3671771

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:04 AM

YCSLiesmith: "maybe you should stop being an inexperienced pug if you don't want to be trash talked, though"

See? This is the kind of crap I'm talking about. Some little keyboard-commando punk still living in his mother's basement, whose entire self-worth is based around mastering his mouse. Get rid of his kind and CW will be a much better experience for everyone.

"It is sweet and noble to fight your enemy neither giving nor expecting mercy"

LOL. Like you would know anything about those concepts beyond your computer screen.
Tell me, did you get a Purple Heart for the carpal tunnel in your wrist? What a joke you are.

What team are you with again? I want to avoid the group of losers that would have you as a team member.

Edited by Fenrisulvyn, 30 March 2015 - 11:31 AM.

#92 Apnu

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationMidWest

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:42 AM

View PostCzarr, on 28 March 2015 - 05:46 PM, said:

Oh is that so? is that exclusive for club members only approach also the reason why new players are quitting CW like rats fleeing from a sinking ship ?

^^^^ This. Right here. This ^^^^

CW has become a decisive game mode. It divides the player base and damages the "community"

There are players who haven't touched CW and don't plan to.

There are players who want to play in a living universe but can't devote 6-10 hours a week of practice and leveling certain mechs they probably don't like that much so they don't get curb stomped.

There are players who played, found it boring or these "comp" teams boring and/or childish and went back to pub ques

There are players who grimly play CW because that's the mode they desired and will put up with any thing PGI does so long as they flip planets

There are players who thing CW is the bees knees just as it is now and want to rule it.

All of these players can be put into one of two camps: those who play CW and those who don't. We can tell by wait times alone that there are more players not playing CW than there players in CW, I'm excluding this weekend because there are a lot of players just trying to get a free hanging thing and a mech.
People said the group vs solo queues would divide the player base, but it turns out that's not true. Its CW that's divided it. And PGI has always said they don't want a divided player base.

And because of that I advocate that we move the public queue games into CW some how. Let us PUG for resources and intel and map pathing lanes -- something like that.

Yes, we are getting 4v4, but it will never replace what goes on in the public queue. The place to experiment and try builds, the place to actually earn c-bills and XP. And that's where the majority of MWO games are played.

We need to stop dis'ing players who live in the public queue and find ways to involve them in the whole game. We need to include them in CW some how. There are so many good pilots out in PQ who avoid CW like the plague. Wouldn't it be great for everybody if those players could get what the want off the IS map instead of some generic map randomizer?

#93 Apnu

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationMidWest

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:47 AM

View PostFenrisulvyn, on 30 March 2015 - 11:04 AM, said:

YCSLiesmith: "maybe you should stop being an inexperienced pug if you don't want to be trash talked, though"

See? This is the kind of crap I'm talking about. Some little keyboard-commando punk still living in his mother's basement, whose entire self-worth is based around mastering his mouse. Get rid of his kind and CW will be a much better experience for everyone.

"It is sweet and noble to fight your enemy neither giving nor expecting mercy"

LOL. Like you would know anything about those concepts beyond your computer screen.
Tell me, did you get a Purple Heart for the carpal tunnel in your wrist? What a joke you are.

What team are you with again? I want to avoid the group of losers that would have you as a team member.

He's NKVA, an off shoot of the Goons (Word of Lowtax), or so I've been told. They're very unpleasant on coms in CW and make a habit of taunting and trash talking while at the same time "role playing" about honor of the Combine. Its all very boring and childish. They do win in CW, which is where they probably get the enormous chip on their shoulders.

#94 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 12:58 PM

View PostYCSLiesmith, on 30 March 2015 - 09:52 AM, said:

noobs shouldn't play CW they'll get drilled. and letting them land and fight just means more time in an unwinnable match, time they could have spent dropping somewhere else, hopefully against less skilled players so they can have a decent game.

noobs are getting drilled in pugs too...point being, everyone starts somewhere, ELO is porked, hostility towards new players will be the death of the game. period.
when steam hits, hopefully anyone posting from those accounts, or new players announcing they are playing thru steam wont be assaulted.

#95 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 March 2015 - 01:09 PM

View PostApnu, on 30 March 2015 - 11:42 AM, said:

There are players who want to play in a living universe but can't devote 6-10 hours a week of practice and leveling certain mechs they probably don't like that much so they don't get curb stomped.

I don't understand this. I can see players not being able to play 6-10 hours a week if they are really casual players. But EVERYONE is buying, levelling, and just playing with mechs. Why would they not want to use mechs that are really good? Isn't playing a bad mech/build less enjoyable than playing a good mech/build regardless to how much time they are going to invest a week?

Edited by Davers, 30 March 2015 - 01:09 PM.

#96 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 01:16 PM

Light Rushing is:

1. Anti-fun for both sides.
2. Imbalanced in favor of the rushers.

Either one of these should necessitate a design change. Both makes it doubly bad.

#97 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 March 2015 - 01:26 PM

View PostJman5, on 30 March 2015 - 01:16 PM, said:

Light Rushing is:

1. Anti-fun for both sides.
2. Imbalanced in favor of the rushers.

Either one of these should necessitate a design change. Both makes it doubly bad.

Wait til we get the Arctic Cheetah. There is a real possibility that the number of light rushes will dramatically increase.

#98 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 02:06 PM

View PostDavers, on 30 March 2015 - 01:26 PM, said:

Wait til we get the Arctic Cheetah. There is a real possibility that the number of light rushes will dramatically increase.

Unfortunately PGI doesn't really understand that providing both factions with the capacity to light rush isn't a good fix for the light rush problem.

#99 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 30 March 2015 - 02:10 PM

View PostApnu, on 30 March 2015 - 11:47 AM, said:

He's NKVA, an off shoot of the Goons (Word of Lowtax), or so I've been told. They're very unpleasant on coms in CW and make a habit of taunting and trash talking while at the same time "role playing" about honor of the Combine. Its all very boring and childish. They do win in CW, which is where they probably get the enormous chip on their shoulders.

lol, you really have no idea what you're talking about do you?

Edited by pbiggz, 30 March 2015 - 02:10 PM.

#100 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 March 2015 - 02:10 PM

View PostChef Kerensky, on 30 March 2015 - 02:06 PM, said:

Unfortunately PGI doesn't really understand that providing both factions with the capacity to light rush isn't a good fix for the light rush problem.

I am so torn about the 'light mech problem'. On one hand, I LIKE that light mechs have a place and can win matches on their own- I would hate to see CW just completely dominated in every aspect by heavy mechs. On the other hand, I find light rushes boring to do, and annoying to fight. I wish they had modelled CW more around Conquest than Assault, so light mechs would still be very useful, but wouldn't win the game in under 3 minutes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users