#21 Muzakman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 102 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationChicago

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:27 PM

Really like the WHK and SMN quirks especially. One thing I don't get: if the P Right torso gets only +9 internal due to having AMS, how come the -B omnipod has the same internals but no AMS?

Jaw about hit the floor when I realized that the SMN-P is truly Aidan Pryde worthy with a 33% aggregate agility bonus (accelerate/deceleration speeds amount to much the same)! I think it may need a 5% ERPPC heat reduction as well, is the only thing that comes to mind.

And whoah, I gotta give my gargoyles another shot -- 20% base bonus to LB-XX before module? Yes, please!

#22 Gamuray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 866 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:27 PM

Nova, Warhawk. Say hello to big muscle arms, because those things are BUFFED. (warhawk +28 armor or 21 structue? yes please).

10% Heat Reduction for Nova Prime will feel goooood.

(Additionally, Nova more than Warhawk, both just outright have MORE HITPOINTS EVERYWHERE)

Edited by Gamuray, 06 April 2015 - 03:48 PM.

#23 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:29 PM

if i missed apologies, but what is the bonus for keeping a complete set of 8 omni pods on a chassis?

nvm i see ti the left side of the barrage of yellow ;) darn was hoping for a little more love to the WHK primes heat, oh well i think it should be "ok"

is 8% heat gen on erppc gonna be enough though

at first glance SMN prime is still just bad, those erppc numbers would really be nice at 10%, the mobility looks ok with the added bonus's to legs though... ballistic numbers for the prime are are not gonna do much i think its about back to its original quirkage

Edited by Summon3r, 06 April 2015 - 03:38 PM.

#24 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:30 PM

It says in the left column.

#25 Muzakman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 102 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:33 PM

View PostGamuray, on 06 April 2015 - 03:27 PM, said:

Nova, Warhawk. Say hello to big muscle arms, because those things are BUFFED. (warhawk +24 armor or 21 structue? yes please).

(Additionally, Nova more than Warhawk, both just outright have MORE HITPOINTS EVERYWHERE)

I like how the durability buffs have been structured:
Larger buff in arms than in side torsos
Greater ability to soak armor/structure in general, but in specific for torsos due to increased torso movement faculties

#26 Corbenik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:34 PM

View PostGamuray, on 06 April 2015 - 03:27 PM, said:

Nova, Warhawk. Say hello to big muscle arms, because those things are BUFFED. (warhawk +24 armor or 21 structue? yes please).

But we will still see WARHAWK sucks QQzomgbbq from people :P I mean honestly any mech that gets focused is gonna be melted like butter :X no matter how much armor buffs it gets lol.

#27 Mike Forst

Postmaster General

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 577 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:34 PM

Tina fixed the OP so that you can click to zoom the images now. It kind of broke the formatting a bit but it's an improvement.

Forums software <shrug>

#28 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:38 PM

PGI, you guys still dont get it for the Mist Lynx...that ECM/AMS arm pod desperately needs a hard point of some kind (even if its just 1M or 1B) for the mech to be even remotely viable (even the ECM spider has 3 hard points, with one in the center torso...another weakness of the lynx, arm only hard points! take off an arm and the ECM/AMS Lynx either looses its ECM or all its weapons). Please also consider the moving and/or adding of hard points when you are doing these revisions.

#29 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:38 PM

Oh my...neither the Myth Lynx nor the Nova were nerfed, retaining their 10% less heat gen in optimal circumstances...while getting so much more.

Eighty-Eight additional structure on the Nova.....it's just beautiful. Exactly what it needed, for it's unfortunate scaling. I like the focus on durability quirks rather than weapon quirks (heat aside).

Mike,

View PostSoy, on 06 April 2015 - 03:14 PM, said:

Mike you are **** at this whole quirk thing please stop/get fired.

88 extra structure?

Brah, that will help you Wub more things. Also, use a Prime arm, an S arm, and both E STs for 10 E slots, taking 7.5% less Wub heat, and burn time buffs.

Still a net buff with the structure, and allows you to sword and board with 7 lasers (which you can safely alpha)

#30 Mike Forst

Postmaster General

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 577 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:40 PM

View PostMuzakman, on 06 April 2015 - 03:27 PM, said:

Really like the WHK and SMN quirks especially. One thing I don't get: if the P Right torso gets only +9 internal due to having AMS, how come the -B omnipod has the same internals but no AMS? Jaw about hit the floor when I realized that the SMN-P is truly Aidan Pryde worthy with a 33% aggregate agility bonus (accelerate/deceleration speeds amount to much the same)! I think it may need a 5% ERPPC heat reduction as well, is the only thing that comes to mind. And whoah, I gotta give my gargoyles another shot -- 20% base bonus to LB-XX before module? Yes, please!

The B RT Omnipod has two missile hardpoints and is probably the most desirable RT pod. It doesn't need any quirks other than some structure to improve it. The other pods needed something more to make up for not having two missile hardpoints.

#31 AdultPuppetShow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 165 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSpace Texas

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:40 PM

My buddy is going to be especially happy about what you've done with the Warhawk.

Excellent.

#32 Muzakman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 102 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:41 PM

View PostCorbenik, on 06 April 2015 - 03:34 PM, said:

But we will still see WARHAWK sucks QQzomgbbq from people :P I mean honestly any mech that gets focused is gonna be melted like butter :X no matter how much armor buffs it gets lol.

Natch.

These quirks just give it a few more precious seconds during which the Enterprising MechWarrior could use that big XL and torso twisting to get into cover, weapons intact. There isn't (yet) a quirk that will help you choose when to break cover to fire, but you can bet I'd be in line to get one 😄

#33 Soy

• 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:42 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 06 April 2015 - 03:38 PM, said:

88 extra structure?

Brah, that will help you Wub more things. Also, use a Prime arm, an S arm, and both E STs for 10 E slots, taking 7.5% less Wub heat, and burn time buffs.

Still a net buff with the structure, and allows you to sword and board with 7 lasers (which you can safely alpha)

Heat nerf is ********, sorry. For what, 5 turn and some arm buff? No thanks. 7 lasers? Thing is built to carry a lot. It just got a heat nerf. No other way to slice that except fail.

#34 Mike Forst

Postmaster General

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 577 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:43 PM

View PostYUyahoo, on 06 April 2015 - 03:38 PM, said:

PGI, you guys still dont get it for the Mist Lynx...that ECM/AMS arm pod desperately needs a hard point of some kind (even if its just 1M or 1B) for the mech to be even remotely viable (even the ECM spider has 3 hard points, with one in the center torso...another weakness of the lynx, arm only hard points! take off an arm and the ECM/AMS Lynx either looses its ECM or all its weapons). Please also consider the moving and/or adding of hard points when you are doing these revisions.

Hardpoint revisions are outside my ability to change. I will forward the feedback on to the mech design team though.

A quick note though: it's not so easy as just changing something in an XML file. New mount points will have to be made by the art team and specified on that arm OmniPod. It'll require a more complex testing pass and a few other things as well. I'm not saying it's impossible but it is more than just a simple tweak.

#35 BARBAR0SSA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:43 PM

Yup with the extra armor/structure you can strip armor off and have the same durability as prior but mount bigger stuff sort of like some Endo for the poor a little bit, since we can't mount ammo in most legs structure will function the same as extra armor.

Adder, saves 3 heat per shot which translates in to 1.5 true dub heat sinks but without waiting the 10s for dissipation...id call that equal.

#36 Muzakman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 102 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:45 PM

View PostMike Forst, on 06 April 2015 - 03:40 PM, said:

The B RT Omnipod has two missile hardpoints and is probably the most desirable RT pod. It doesn't need any quirks other than some structure to improve it. The other pods needed something more to make up for not having two missile hardpoints.

Point well taken! The asymmetry will be trickier for the pilot than for an attacker to take into account, making it a nice counter-weight.

#37 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:45 PM

View PostSoy, on 06 April 2015 - 03:14 PM, said:

[REDACTED]

To echo your sentiments in another thread, either "**** on newbs with [small pulse lasers], or don't"

:P

Edited by Mike Forst, 06 April 2015 - 03:49 PM.

#38 Soy

• 3,689 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:47 PM

na now it's ppc or bust

RIP legit arms said:

NVA-PRIME LEFT ARM
ENERGY HEAT GENERATION: -5.00 %

NVA-PRIME RIGHT ARM
ENERGY HEAT GENERATION: -5.00 %

Edited by Soy, 06 April 2015 - 03:47 PM.

#39 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:47 PM

View PostSoy, on 06 April 2015 - 03:42 PM, said:

Heat nerf is ********, sorry. For what, 5 turn and some arm buff? No thanks. 7 lasers? Thing is built to carry a lot. It just got a heat nerf. No other way to slice that except fail.

You can take 10 lasers if you do what I just told you to.

You get 32 extra arm structure, along with 32 extra leg structure, 16 per ST and 8 in the CT.

The S arms get 8 more structure than the Primes...which isn't too significant.

For those over 80 points of structure, you lose 2.5% cooling. Bloody well worth it.

#40 Soy

• 3,689 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:48 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 06 April 2015 - 03:47 PM, said:

you lose 2.5% cooling

and it loses a lot of turn rate, kinda a big deal for quickpulsing / soaking properly in gcannon.

before it was 30 turn rate, now it's like.... 5 turn rate. are you having trouble understanding this?

Edited by Soy, 06 April 2015 - 03:51 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users