ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:49 PM

View PostMike Forst, on 06 April 2015 - 03:07 PM, said:

I'm not able to edit it to fix it. I'll see if I can get someone who can.

Also I didn't have a chance to make prettier spreadsheet coloring this time around. It'll be better the next time.

As someone who can't spreadsheet to save his life, it's all good. If you click on a chassis, you get the pop out (now anyhow), and it's pretty easy to read, though would have been nice (unless I missed that) if you had highlighted the specific new quirks so one doesn't have to jump back and forth to compare. ( see you kinda did that, I guess I should have been more concise and said "show the old quirk and the new one?)

Shrugs. Or I could be too sun and water addled from 8 hours of spearfishing to know what I'm reading.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 06 April 2015 - 03:51 PM.

#42 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:51 PM

whats the thought process behind the Summoner Prime? its still a 3 hard point mech with extremely moderate to weak quirks, the 8 omni pod bonus would have been nice for augmenting the RA and LA a little bit more... i am looking forward to checking out its mobility though

#43 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

View PostSoy, on 06 April 2015 - 03:48 PM, said:

Posted Image

2.5+2.5+2.5=7.5

General Energy 5%, 2.5 pulse.

You also get 5% cooldown from the B-RT.

Edited by Mcgral18, 06 April 2015 - 03:54 PM.

#44 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

View PostSoy, on 06 April 2015 - 03:47 PM, said:

na now it's ppc or bust

Yeah so now the prime arms only give 10% heat generation for ER lasers instead of all lasers. Sounds like Mcgral has it worked out so you can still do 10 with -7.5% which isn't bad. Don't get them all in the arms though I guess.

#45 Voivode

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:52 PM

Nice Warhawk buffs. I need to run my Ice Ferrets with their current buffs tonight to test out what difference it makes tomorrow.

#46 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:52 PM

View PostMike Forst, on 06 April 2015 - 03:43 PM, said:

Hardpoint revisions are outside my ability to change. I will forward the feedback on to the mech design team though.

A quick note though: it's not so easy as just changing something in an XML file. New mount points will have to be made by the art team and specified on that arm OmniPod. It'll require a more complex testing pass and a few other things as well. I'm not saying it's impossible but it is more than just a simple tweak.

Thanks for listening Mike, I can appreciate that it might take a little more than just a simple adjustment, but really the Lynx just needs a little more than just a quirk pass IMO for it to be viable.

Edited by YUyahoo, 06 April 2015 - 03:55 PM.

#47 Soy

• 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:53 PM

NVA-PRIME LEFT TORSO
TORSO TURN RATE (YAW): 10.00 %

NVA-PRIME RIGHT TORSO

NVA-PRIME CENTER TORSO

whats point of structure buff when the mech can't turn fast enough to soak in proper places... it just lost all that and became a sitting duck.

#48 -Skyrider-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 157 posts
  • Locationall about that Seattle life

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:53 PM

love the way the new quirks look. but can we get more of a heat reduction on the Adder, and Warhawk's ERPPC's? (or maybe just make the C-ERPPC 15 pinpoint damage, this works too)

#49 0rionsbane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 123 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:54 PM

having only the nova and timber who shall never receive meaningful quirks.
im rather sad that the nova prime got a nerf to its quirks, if anything it needs some kind of ghost heat or overheat damage buff.
it already is a heat monster in its primary configuration i assume these quirks were aimed at nerfing the small and small pulse laser builds. i would suggest giving it a er medium specific quirk instead so that it can be run in its primary configuration and get one full burst an arm off on most maps before over heating, currently with these nerfs its just below that again.

Edited by 0rionsbane, 06 April 2015 - 03:54 PM.

#50 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

View PostMike Forst, on 06 April 2015 - 03:43 PM, said:

Hardpoint revisions are outside my ability to change. I will forward the feedback on to the mech design team though.

A quick note though: it's not so easy as just changing something in an XML file. New mount points will have to be made by the art team and specified on that arm OmniPod. It'll require a more complex testing pass and a few other things as well. I'm not saying it's impossible but it is more than just a simple tweak.

Eh, that other guy don't really get it, either, IMO.

If you pass it up to the others to see about the ability to add a hardpoint? See if they can add it to a torso instead, as massive ape arms, and losing all their weapons because of it, is the MLXs biggest flaw.

#51 Soy

• 3,689 posts

View PostMcgral18, on 06 April 2015 - 03:51 PM, said:

2.5+2.5+2.5=7.5

General Energy 5%, 2.5 pulse.

You also get 5% cooldown from the B-RT.

You can't get 10 for SPL boating, only ML. At which point, why are you taking more than 8... thus... whats point of mech...

Edited by Soy, 06 April 2015 - 03:55 PM.

#52 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:55 PM

View PostSummon3r, on 06 April 2015 - 03:51 PM, said:

whats the thought process behind the Summoner Prime? its still a 3 hard point mech with extremely moderate to weak quirks, the 8 omni pod bonus would have been nice for augmenting the RA and LA a little bit more... i am looking forward to checking out its mobility though

while I agree they still seem a little weak, it's a start and at least more logical than the previous pass.

#53 Setun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 172 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:55 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 06 April 2015 - 03:26 PM, said:

I actually want to try the quad ER PPC build on the Warhawk now, might be pretty fun.

It was a damn good build from release once you got the hang of it, now it's going to be even better.

#54 Soy

• 3,689 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:57 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 06 April 2015 - 03:51 PM, said:

you can still do 10 with -7.5% which isn't bad.

Nice, you acknowledged it's a nerf.

Also, nobody even touching the notion that it just lost a quarter+ of it's torso turn rate, have fun soaking more damage in your buffed arms while you take longer to aim at target; that's ******* washout troll irony quirkage.

Edited by Soy, 06 April 2015 - 03:58 PM.

#55 BARBAR0SSA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:58 PM

Nova spl build did get a heat nerf as ERs don't work. However I run SLs so I'm not affected :D

With all the structure and armor buff running a larger AC on it might be possible as well by stripping armor off...more glass cannon

#56 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:59 PM

View PostSoy, on 06 April 2015 - 03:54 PM, said:

You can't get 10 for SPL boating, only ML. At which point, why are you taking more than 8... thus... whats point of mech...

7.5% using this:
NVA-SPL

You can even "safely" strip some components now, for the full ton and 20 DHS. Two tons of extra armour is worth .75 points of heat.

That's all you've lost.

From 30 base heat to 90% at 27, to 27.75 heat at 92.5% heat

#57 Arkbird_

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:00 PM

Some mechs will probably get improvements (those structure quirks are good and very much needed) but not going to make much difference in many others.

Definitely disappointed in the Kit Fox quirks. Nothing short of a 20% laser/missile heat reduction is going to make it worth taking into a match. Can't say I like the MG quirks all over either, most Kit Fox's I see that try to brawl with MG's get torn to shreds. Too big and too slow. It's DEFINITELY too slow to run MG builds and try to run around like a spider you shouldn't be encouraging that.

Also doesn't have the damage output (unless you want to run super hot) from other weapons to brawl nor the speed to escape. It kinda sucks at everything except boating ECM and 3 AMS.

Maybe some good laser quirks and a really good CUAC5 quirk to make the 3ERML + 1CUAC5 + ECM build viable?

Kit Fox quirks as is hardly even sway me to try them. I already can tell it's not enough to make it viable. The 2.5% reverse speed practically confirms my suspicions as it's a good indicator which way you want Kit Fox players to run when they see an enemy mech...

Edited by Arkbird Phoenix Kell, 06 April 2015 - 04:01 PM.

#58 Soy

• 3,689 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:02 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 06 April 2015 - 03:59 PM, said:

7.5% using this:
NVA-SPL

You can even "safely" strip some components now, for the full ton and 20 DHS. Two tons of extra armour is worth .75 points of heat.

That's all you've lost.

From 30 base heat to 90% at 27, to 27.75 heat at 92.5% heat

Lost massive torso turn rate that ruins point of a quick burst wep for snapshotting. You can't spin that, man.

Face it, it's been pidgeoned into ML poke. Or poptart sniping. Period. It's fine, but I call it how I see it.

Btw, you can act like 2.5% heat isn't a big deal. And I can act like the reason I made the 10 SPL build is cuz that extra tiny bit of heat from 12 SPL build is too much. These little things make a difference when you're playing something hedged into such a niche, lil tweaks bork em. And the turn rate loss? Yeah, no point using SPL now.

Edited by Soy, 06 April 2015 - 04:05 PM.

#59 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:03 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 April 2015 - 03:55 PM, said:

while I agree they still seem a little weak, it's a start and at least more logical than the previous pass.

couldnt agree more, it just wont/doesnt have the ability to put enough shots down range thats my only issue at this point

#60 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:03 PM

Hey Mike, I noticed the Nova got an incredible 104 hitpoint buff. My Hunchback 4J on the other hand has a piddly 24 hitpoint quirk. Is there any chance that you guys can go back and normalize some IS hitpoint quirks now that you guys seem to be doling out these big buffs to mediums?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users