• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:06 PM

View PostCathy, on 06 April 2015 - 03:01 PM, said:

it hurts our eyes it does precious !

Nasssty little developerssss hurtings poor smeagols... :P

Edited by White Bear 84, 06 April 2015 - 04:53 PM.

#62 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:07 PM

View PostSummon3r, on 06 April 2015 - 04:03 PM, said:

couldnt agree more, it just wont/doesnt have the ability to put enough shots down range thats my only issue at this point

agreed. But I have the unenviable fixation with making the stock loadout work, lol. Though my second Prime at least boosts armor and ammo some by trading the LRM for and SRM6, adding an ER SLaser and a ton more ammo for the LBX.

#63 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:10 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 April 2015 - 04:07 PM, said:

agreed. But I have the unenviable fixation with making the stock loadout work, lol. Though my second Prime at least boosts armor and ammo some by trading the LRM for and SRM6, adding an ER SLaser and a ton more ammo for the LBX.

exactly where im at, erppc, lbx10, srm6..... we all know how shite lbx are and an lbx20 unfortunately doesnt fit very well, i was really dreaming and hoping for a CN9-D lbx10 ROF

#64 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:13 PM

View PostSoy, on 06 April 2015 - 04:02 PM, said:

Lost massive torso turn rate that ruins point of a quick burst wep for snapshotting. You can't spin that, man.

Face it, it's been pidgeoned into ML poke. Or poptart sniping. Period. It's fine, but I call it how I see it.

Btw, you can act like 2.5% heat isn't a big deal. And I can act like the reason I made the 10 SPL build is cuz that extra tiny bit of heat from 12 SPL build is too much. These little things make a difference when you're playing something hedged into such a niche, lil tweaks bork em. And the turn rate loss? Yeah, no point using SPL now.

2.5% on 30 heat is less than a single point of heat.

It isn't big. It's barely anything. I didn't use Prime STs, so I haven't lost the 20% twist speed, I'm just gaining 88 points of structure. You know, over two tons of armour. Nothing big.

Presently, my Nova only has 10% twist yaw (from the Prime CT) and 10% less heat.

Tomorrow, it will have:
+88 structure
+10% torso twist yaw
-10% heat
+6 torso yaw distance
+5% MG RoF
+10% MG range

Yeah...I'm pretty happy with it, truth be told. I'm not getting a nerf.
You are just losing 20% torso twist speed, and gaining 0.75 points of heat.

View PostJman5, on 06 April 2015 - 04:03 PM, said:

Hey Mike, I noticed the Nova got an incredible 104 hitpoint buff. My Hunchback 4J on the other hand has a piddly 24 hitpoint quirk. Is there any chance that you guys can go back and normalize some IS hitpoint quirks now that you guys seem to be doling out these big buffs to mediums?

Oh my...that B arm does make a magnificent shield....worth 5% heat, do you think?

Most people won't make use of the 1E arms except for that purpose.

In other news...the 190 degree Ice Fridge is pretty strange. Go into free look during the glitched twisting animation, and you can rotate 270 degrees without moving your mouse.

Pretend you're an Urbanmech a day early.

Edited by Mcgral18, 06 April 2015 - 04:14 PM.

#65 Crotch RockIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 583 posts
  • Locationchewing his lower lip

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:13 PM

But.....you forgot to mention the IS quirk tweaks. :(

#66 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:15 PM

So this is "enhancing new player experience"?

This is a mess.

At least provide the excel data, so people don´t have to type it in themselves while preparing their spreadsheets.

#67 Gamuray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 866 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:16 PM

Sure, nova lost 10% torso yaw rate. To me, it twisted too fast (my mouse sensitivity, despite ingame sensitivity being almost nil, made it difficult) It lost 10% yaw rate, but gained ~80 structure, 10% accel/decel, and the heat gen was made more weapon specific. (which only harms the spl build, which I found rubbish anyways since you were a glass cannon getting within spitting distance of the opfor (screams dumb idea). Now you have the durability for your size and can accelerate faster to get back behind cover or move forward from a standstill

#68 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:16 PM

View PostSummon3r, on 06 April 2015 - 04:10 PM, said:

exactly where im at, erppc, lbx10, srm6..... we all know how shite lbx are and an lbx20 unfortunately doesnt fit very well, i was really dreaming and hoping for a CN9-D lbx10 ROF

same, though I usually make the 10X work ok. WIll be curious to see how the 10% spread reduction looks... the one on my CN9-D actually was surprisingly huge. Have seen my avg kills and component destruction rise since then.

But what was hoping for, like yourself, was an autoshotty LB-X, and then more than velocity boost (though that is nice, too) heat reduction on the ERPPC. Already adds too much heat to care about cooldown, and tbh, I rarely use it at ranges where the velocity is huge.

#69 Verkhne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 299 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:18 PM

OK I am not sure I am getting this. The Nova prime still has 10% heat loss? I see 5 for ERLL and 5% generic? And a buff to overheat damage??

#70 Soy

• 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:23 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 06 April 2015 - 04:13 PM, said:

You are just losing 20% torso twist speed, and gaining 0.75 points of heat.

Oh, neat... thanks, Santa.

And I love all these dweebs talking about durability buff - enjoy being slownerfed enough to where you want to twist your new muscular arm into that AC round flying at your chest, wait nope, take it facial newb.

The torso turn rate nerf is harsh as ****. Now the mech is a generic poker vomit unless tarting. Which by the way, is the real gift.

Edited by Soy, 06 April 2015 - 04:25 PM.

#71 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:25 PM

Mixed feelings. I have both good and bad.

The Good

I am much more impressed with the direction the quirks went this time. As in, this time not only are they noticable percentages, but they address problems with the mech chassis themselves that needed resolving. Will it be enough to save some of the mechs? Donno, but I am willing to take a "let us see" stance with them.

The Bad

I am disappointed with the large amount weapon specific quirkage going on here. These are Omnimechs. The idea is flexibility. Why are omnipods getting so many weapon specific quirks? All that does is shoehorn weapons onto mechs to maximize the quirk bonus, which reduces weapon variety - assuming, of course, more clan weapons besides lasers and gauss were worth taking.

My Suggestion

I know I am just one of many random voices on the internet, but I would much prefer having larger general quirks. For example, instead of -5% ERLaser Heat & -5% Energy Heat Generation, dump the ERLaser heat quirk and roll it into the general heat generation quirk for, say, a 7.5% or 10% general energy heat generation reduction. This way any energy weapon system can utilize the quirk to its fullest instead of forcing a mech that, by its very design, is supposed to be easily and freely configurable, and making it carry the weapons that are extremely specific to the quirks it has. It eliminates the flexibility if you have any desire to cash in on quirks at all. And if you do not? Your mech is almost as good as unquirked.

Having said that, this is a step in the right direction. Many of these quirks did address, somewhat, existing issues with the chassis. Far fewer "where the monkey throws it" quirks. They actually seem to be targeting problems on the chassis and attempting to mitigate them, which is a good thing. A very good thing.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 06 April 2015 - 04:26 PM.

#72 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:29 PM

View PostSoy, on 06 April 2015 - 04:23 PM, said:

And I love all these dweebs talking about durability buff - enjoy being slownerfed enough to where you want to twist your new muscular arm into that AC round flying at your chest, wait nope, take it facial newb.

The torso turn rate nerf is harsh as ****. Now the mech is a generic poker vomit unless tarting. Which by the way, is the real gift.

Actually, it will play the same way it always has for me. Simply better.
Not everyone used that torso twist, while I'm sure it was handy, it obviously wasn't needed.

Edited by Mcgral18, 06 April 2015 - 04:34 PM.

#73 BARBAR0SSA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:30 PM

View PostSoy, on 06 April 2015 - 04:23 PM, said:

You have the most appropriate name for your attitude in post, I must say well done playing the part.

I'd rather take the ac round to my ct or ST than my weapon loaded arms though. Plus new buffs mean that's a free AC round you can take.

#74 Gamuray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 866 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:32 PM

Let's face it, twisting on a nova isn't as good as twisting on most other mechs. Why? Hunchback, right tors target, protect with left. Nova EVERYWHERE TARGET. Seriously, you can hit a nova anywhere you want from just about any direction, hence twisting isn't really all that great, especially since doing so successfully means the arms getting hit, which is your weapons. So outright durability is going to be more beneficial in this case.

#75 Soy

• 3,689 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:36 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 06 April 2015 - 04:29 PM, said:

Actually, it will play the same way it always has for me. Simply better.
Not everyone used that torso twist, while I'm sure it was handy, it obviously wasn't needed.

I thought LORDs were supposed to be good at building robots?

According to this post... your build will play the same, since you don't torso twist. And it's gonna be better, since you won't torso twist. Ok.

For me, it's more than handy, it's needed for SPL brawling to soak properly and snapshot when you're brawling a couple bigs. Can't get the same twist, can't get the same heat love. That's fine, since I can still play it how I truly want to - as poptart sniper.

But yeah I truly suck at building robots, the famous 3D tart wasn't critical-mass famous or anything. Or this 10 SPL boat that's been trending since I posted it only a month after being gone for a year and a half and cutting meta that quick. Whatever... -_-

People who need outright durability have apparently been charging frontally at enemies; ugh. If you're a guy who wants to stare and eat ACs, then yeah I guess more generic ML vomit poke buff is right up your alley...

Edited by Soy, 06 April 2015 - 04:39 PM.

#76 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:38 PM

View PostSoy, on 06 April 2015 - 04:36 PM, said:

According to this post... your build will play the same, since you don't torso twist. And it's gonna be better, since you won't torso twist. Ok.

For me, it's more than handy, it's needed for SPL brawling to soak properly and snapshot when you're brawling a couple bigs. Can't get the same twist, can't get the same heat love. That's fine, since I can still play it how I truly want to - as poptart sniper.

But yeah I truly suck at building robots, the famous 3D tart wasn't critical-mass famous or anything. Or this 10 SPL boat that's been trending since I posted it only a month after being gone for a year and a half and cutting meta that quick. Whatever... -_-

You're whining about less than 1 point of heat.

Discarding two tons of free armour.

Yeah, I'm doubting what you're saying. I never used the 20% torso twist speed buff, since it wasn't necessary. Twisting happens are a brisk enough pace not to require it.

#77 Soy

• 3,689 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:41 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 06 April 2015 - 04:38 PM, said:

You're whining about less than 1 point of heat.

Discarding two tons of free armour.

Yeah, I'm doubting what you're saying. I never used the 20% torso twist speed buff, since it wasn't necessary. Twisting happens are a brisk enough pace not to require it.

I'm simply stating that it's a nerf to the SPL boat, particular the torso twist.

And numbers are still numbers; it's a nerf.

I haven't insulted you at all in this thread, but you've attempted several times to undermine my credibility. For that I'll go afk for a bit and hope you retort with something a bit more mature otherwise you know I can take these gloves off.

#78 Mike Forst

Postmaster General

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 577 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:48 PM

View PostCrotch RockIt, on 06 April 2015 - 04:13 PM, said:

But.....you forgot to mention the IS quirk tweaks. :(

There are no major IS Mech quirk changes this patch.

#79 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:51 PM

It is good that some of the clan mechs just got a bit more durable. (with very very negligible weapon quirks that wont make a difference on most mechs.)

However....

The greatest fail of the previous clan quirk pass is still here (has gotten worst actually):
IFR-Prime is outright the worst variant of that chassis... by a far far distance (you know... the variant that also has the "special" invasion version -_- ).
The reason behind it being so bad is only its CT with no hardpoints. You may say that, well its just one less hardpoints... but that lack of a single hardpoint can result in 20-25% less weapons.
Its CT is the only place that you could make this variant come closer to its siblings by having good general weapon quirks like: less energy heat, faster ballistic cooldown, faster missiles,

Even if you don't want to be creative and put 2 minutes of thinking on these kind of situations... you could at least increase the numbers on the prime CT. Or you could give it something less of a reverse speed lol.

EDIT:
HOLY **** ... i am LIAO?... :o
been away for far too long i guess.

Edited by Navid A1, 06 April 2015 - 04:53 PM.

#80 -Skyrider-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 157 posts
  • Locationall about that Seattle life

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:51 PM

So when again our we getting the 4th configurations for these mechs?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users