#261 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 08 April 2015 - 05:42 PM

If America is ok giving nutty Iranian extremists a nuke...can we at least get the long tom?

#262 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 08 April 2015 - 06:03 PM

View PostMechregSurn, on 08 April 2015 - 05:42 PM, said:

If America is ok giving nutty Iranian extremists a nuke...can we at least get the long tom?

Meh, Iran and Long Toms are theatre.

Arrow v will bring the real tears!

#263 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:02 PM

View PostInspectorG, on 08 April 2015 - 06:03 PM, said:

Meh, Iran and Long Toms are theatre.

Arrow v will bring the real tears!

Yeah, cuz THAT PGI will give good velocity and its actual damage value, along side a like 4s CD.......then 50% more ammo per ton? Yeah, I can see it. Then doesnt it lock onto TAG and NARC signals?

#264 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:44 PM

I did not vote for Obama and only he and Diane Feinstein want Iran to get nukes!! Half this country loathes Obama and trying unsuccessfully to ***** slap the delusional left into waking up from their USA suicide mission. Why ask for Long toms when you can get the SNIPER CANNON and T-Bolt Missiles.

No More Clinton's.....No More Bush's 2016.

#265 Bidetlol

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:10 AM

View PostKuritaclan, on 08 April 2015 - 04:13 PM, said:

No quirk will make a SMN a good clan mech in its weight class. Simple fact it has with full armor 2t less to spend for loadout than then the 5t lesser HBR, which have better loacted Hardpoints and more of them in quantity + a ecm what is better than some lackluster JJs and it has 5t lesser tonnes to spend in weapons compared to a timber with more armor and more/diverse Hardpoints also euqiping JJs. Plz stop messing around with quirks in first place, when the true problem lay within the mechlabs outfit rules you gave the clan mechs.

When i see this 4% Heatquirk it shakes my head, since this gap could also be closed by DHs, what would be their job, if you could had have the tonnage to afford them.

This

#266 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:17 AM

my myst lynx with single er ppc is telling me something... oh yeah....
MYST LYNX IS AWESOME.
just most teams cant figure out what to do when you spot literally each mech on the field... including enemy movement. so what is your team doing? right. camping.....
also another thing is... why did we lose that battle 6:12 while we literally done double the damage of the enemy team?
players need to fkin step up on everything before anything else.

#267 BARBAR0SSA

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:26 AM

For Nova, create a quirk that removes/reduces ghost heat penalty :D

#268 Koniks

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:57 AM

Mike, can you tell us more about the quirk selection process?

After playing the Summoner some more: the arms definitely need more armor. They're still too easy to pop off. The torso ballistic mounts need to be quirked for generic, UACs, or LBX, not MGs. And the cooldown rate probably needs to be at least the 15% that the JM6-DD has. It doesn't have the tonnage to abuse a bigger quirk.

It definitely needs better heat gen quirks on the lasers. And the missile spread quirks are insufficient because of the hardpoint locations.

Can you quirk ammo/ton? Because that would help address some of the tonnage restrictions. The mech has more crit slots than it can use for the most part.

Edited by Mizeur, 09 April 2015 - 09:58 AM.

#269 Ghoja

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 91 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:44 PM

I realize this might end up being more work, but I think quirks should be experience unlocked like the basic/elite/master, but after master. That or something you can work on along side those sets. In any event, they should (at least weapon quirks) be earned through play instead of just handed down to inexperienced (potentially) pilots. I know for my main mechs that I use, I have HUGE amounts of mech exp built up but there is nothing after master to use it on. I would further suggest running it like the weapon modules with a rank system to build up to max quirk.

Given that everyone has their own playstyle, you could have more quirks per mech so players can put exp into the ones they want or would actually use. Use the chassis original designs for higher maximums in certain areas, but allow for those who run non-standards to get something too.

(shrug) Was just a thought, something that I've been meaning to post for a bit now. Also, by opening it up like this, it would help add variety to the mechs we see on the field since people won't be chasing after that one mech with the huge bonuses or whatever anymore (as much).

And yes, I realize this would probably be a complete overhaul type suggestion, but I also think it is something to seriously consider.

Oh and about these clan quirks... The nova is worse off, the warhawk hasn't changed much, and I am happy with my ice ferrets, though I wasn't really upset about them before all this. The other mechs I don't use/have. The biggest issue with all three listed is heat. The Ferret only gets 9 tons to play with on top of the heat issues, the nova has heat issues stacked on top of low hardpoints on a short mech, the warhawk is just an easy target, but it's a big mech.

#270 TheMadTypist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 533 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 05:49 PM

Hm. Didn't read through the whole thread, so I'm likely repeating someone else, but I thought I would point out: Summoner D in-game reads in the hover-pane thing as +22 armor to the LL, rather than the +22 structure listed in the OP.

It seems a bit odd because the other leg lists the +22 structure as intended.

#271 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 11 April 2015 - 06:07 PM

View PostKuritaclan, on 08 April 2015 - 04:13 PM, said:

No quirk will make a SMN a good clan mech in its weight class. Simple fact it has with full armor 2t less to spend for loadout than then the 5t lesser HBR, which have better loacted Hardpoints and more of them in quantity + a ecm what is better than some lackluster JJs and it has 5t lesser tonnes to spend in weapons compared to a timber with more armor and more/diverse Hardpoints also euqiping JJs. Plz stop messing around with quirks in first place, when the true problem lay within the mechlabs outfit rules you gave the clan mechs.

When i see this 4% Heatquirk it shakes my head, since this gap could also be closed by DHs, what would be their job, if you could had have the tonnage to afford them.

there could not be a more true statement, the mech lab for clan mechs is a farse infact you would need absolutely ZERO quirks for clan mechs if you could ES FF if desired, but the only thing ever done about anything in the game pile more bandaids on (quirks/ghost heat/guass charge/)

#272 Detriitus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 105 posts
  • LocationA long time ago in a galaxy far less explored

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:52 AM

View PostMizeur, on 09 April 2015 - 09:57 AM, said:

Mike, can you tell us more about the quirk selection process?

After playing the Summoner some more: the arms definitely need more armor. They're still too easy to pop off. The torso ballistic mounts need to be quirked for generic, UACs, or LBX, not MGs. And the cooldown rate probably needs to be at least the 15% that the JM6-DD has. It doesn't have the tonnage to abuse a bigger quirk.
It definitely needs better heat gen quirks on the lasers. And the missile spread quirks are insufficient because of the hardpoint locations.

Yes, please rethink your approach of putting the Summoners ballistic quirks in the left arm. You have stated several times that there are some things you'd love to do to help the Summoner but that those are not possible by quirking. Now here is a way to greatly help the Summoner via quirks: Transfer the ballistic quirks to the D's shoulder mounts so we can make use of them without loosing half of our lasers. Only give smaller quirks to the left arm if you need to keep its individuality.

#273 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:25 AM

View PostSummon3r, on 11 April 2015 - 06:07 PM, said:

there could not be a more true statement, the mech lab for clan mechs is a farse infact you would need absolutely ZERO quirks for clan mechs if you could ES FF if desired, but the only thing ever done about anything in the game pile more bandaids on (quirks/ghost heat/guass charge/)

this is so wrong, you think ES/FF's few tonnage freed would help? No, those mechs have way bigger issues than this little tonnage can fix. Its either hitboxes, like the Nova, fixed equipment as the Summoner, MLX, and Nova. or just badly chosen engine sizes, like the GAR. Or badly low hardpoints as the SMN alos has.
That few tonnge will not fix this in any way.

#274 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:50 AM

View PostSummon3r, on 11 April 2015 - 06:07 PM, said:

I would not call it a farse the most accurate OmniMech representation in the history of MW .. I would rather call a farse the mechlab for IS BattleMechs..

#275 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:09 PM

I've posted about the Mist Lynx for you Mike Forst:

http://mwomercs.com/...e-still-broken/

While I doubt this gets in before the next patch, I hope you take the time to read and give feedback (I'll take whatever I can get) as I feel like I've been repeatedly disappointed in this mech.

#276 Anakha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 172 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 09:57 PM

Mike,

I don't know if you are still reading this thread or not but if you are I hope you have your pencil sharpened to add some serious quirks to the Summoner and the Nova because with the new Timberwolf and Stormcrow variants the gulf between those 2 and these 2 mechs is going to be even greater than it is now. I cant figure out why PGI keeps buffing those 2 mechs and doing nothing to help the combat effectiveness of the Summoner.

#277 Mike Forst

Postmaster General

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 577 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 17 April 2015 - 02:54 PM

I am still reading. I've had a very busy task load along with some other stuff that's kept me from posting lately. I will be combing this thread for feedback next week and will make more comments at that time.

#278 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:02 PM

View PostAnakha, on 16 April 2015 - 09:57 PM, said:

Mike,

I don't know if you are still reading this thread or not but if you are I hope you have your pencil sharpened to add some serious quirks to the Summoner and the Nova because with the new Timberwolf and Stormcrow variants the gulf between those 2 and these 2 mechs is going to be even greater than it is now. I cant figure out why PGI keeps buffing those 2 mechs and doing nothing to help the combat effectiveness of the Summoner.

Summoner with torso energy hardpoint would go a long way, but yeah those two definitely need a bit of help.

As far as the new omni-pods for the SCR, some slight heat gen increase and laser duration increase would probably balance those okay.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 17 April 2015 - 03:03 PM.

#279 Helaton

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationStar Captain, Star Wolves

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:44 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 08 April 2015 - 11:32 AM, said:

Firestarters have 8 weapon hard points. That contributes toward their dominance of the Lights. Give the other Lights the same chance to perform, and you'll see changes in the Mechs that are deployed...

I, for one, do not see why Commandos get only 4 weapons and no jets while fire starters get massive quantities of weapons and jets.

Can always give the Firestarter locked Flamers like the Adders. Just saying.

#280 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 20 April 2015 - 03:50 AM

View PostMike Forst, on 17 April 2015 - 02:54 PM, said:

I am still reading. I've had a very busy task load along with some other stuff that's kept me from posting lately. I will be combing this thread for feedback next week and will make more comments at that time.

good to hear,

I am looking forward to see your thoughts about my list.

Edited by Lily from animove, 20 April 2015 - 04:02 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users