#61 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:42 AM

View PostWilliam Ward, on 07 April 2015 - 09:39 AM, said:

I only have one thing to say about this, and any topic like this. Whine, complain, and moan all you like. Keep nerfing the clan mechs. We will continue on and find some other way to wipe the floor with your face, with what we are given. And when all is said and done, you will always say clans are OP, so keep on comming freebirth. If you have the balls.

I got them

#62 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:45 AM

View PostRhent, on 07 April 2015 - 09:33 AM, said:

Lily, a light mech vs a 50T+ streakbot = loss.

Most lights will run:
ML/MPL/SL/SPL and in some occasions SRM's. To fire, they need to get within range of the streakbot and they will take damage. Assuming both mechs are at 100% health, the light is going to lose. If the light is using LL/ERLL/PPC then they most likely will win, assuming the Streakbot doesn't have a long range weapon as backup.

Even then, all the Streakbot has to do is move to terrain in which the light mech can't fire long range and has to close and again the light mech will lose. There is nothing wrong with streakbots being a counter to light mechs, they generally are worthless builds in the grand scheme of things outside of lights.

and who forces the light to go to the crow? no one, the alck opf patience is what dooms the most players. it's not ahrd to counter streakboats, but it's hard for many pilots to be patient. Especially for many light pilots that are used to do untouchable one man circling shows.

Edited by Lily from animove, 07 April 2015 - 09:46 AM.

#63 Ragnahawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 645 posts
  • LocationAce in RVN-3L, HBK-4P, CDA-2A, AS7-S, BNC-3M, Won Top Dog Tourny.. Those are my bests

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:46 AM

View PostFupDup, on 07 April 2015 - 09:41 AM, said:

It's a misinterpretation. PGI believes that Tabletop Streaks hit the target every single time they were fired. This is false. You were NOT guaranteed to hit each time you pressed the fire button. What happened is that the missiles knew if they would hit or miss, and if they missed they would simply choose not to fire.

They hit their target just as often as regular SRMs (well, actually less often because partial salvos didn't fire), the difference is that they simply didn't use ammo or heat when they were expected to miss. They did not hit the target more frequently than regular SRMs.

Somebody send this to PGI so they can do it.

#64 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:47 AM

View PostRhent, on 07 April 2015 - 07:38 AM, said:

Take a FSH vs a Streakcrow, Streakcrow wins the vast majority of the time. You would need to have a poor streakcrow pilot vs an elite FSH pilot for the FSH to stand a chance at winning.

Which is how it should be. A 55-ton Mech better be able to deal with a 35 ton Mech or something is horribly wrong.

Assault > Heavy > Medium > Light > Assault is what PGI is going for.

#65 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:48 AM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 07 April 2015 - 09:36 AM, said:

You have a few if's in there trying to weight your argument ;)

The only possible "if" in there is there being a second ECM mech available to block you. In the solo queue it isn't likely. Group queue is a crapshoot sometimes, too. CW it tends to depend upon your opponents, I've noticed Hellbringers are popular these days.

On a side note, concerning ECM, one night me and a few of the Barely Adequate Gamers (in game tag of BAGr) were having a go in the group queue, and fell victim to a few well coordinated, LRM-heavy teams a few games in a row. So we got back at the group queue by derping around as an all-ECM 8-man. It worked out pretty well until we got paired up against a mixed team of Emperors and Lords, they rolled us pretty hard.

#66 Evan20k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tyrant
  • The Tyrant
  • 491 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:48 AM

So question about something that's always seemed weird to me:

How come C-SSRMs don't behave like C-LRMs in that they fire out in a stream of shots instead of one giant vomit ball they do now? I'm unsure if this would be considered a nerf or not, but it was always something that struck me as oddly inconsistent.

Edited by Evan20k, 07 April 2015 - 09:48 AM.

#67 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:49 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 07 April 2015 - 09:45 AM, said:

and who forces the light to go to the crow? no one, the alck opf patience is what dooms the most players. it's not ahrd to counter streakboats, but it's hard for many pilots to be patient. Especially for many light pilots that are used to do untouchable one man circling shows.

While true in essence, and the demise of most light players, what if they were the only two mechs left in the match which has happened a few times with me. Your statement should read, "it's not ahrd easy to counter streakboats" Not impossible, but not easy.

Edited by Darian DelFord, 07 April 2015 - 09:52 AM.

#68 Ragnahawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 645 posts
  • LocationAce in RVN-3L, HBK-4P, CDA-2A, AS7-S, BNC-3M, Won Top Dog Tourny.. Those are my bests

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:50 AM

The problem is that when you need to kill that crow, and your a brawler light you just get killed off with out any fight. That's not even worth watching. Anyone with half a brain knows the outcome of that battle. If they weren't so fricken long ranged or fast or instadeath the streak crow would be the one crying. (Watch someone reply with oh well that must have been me in that streak crow, or that's completely legit.)

Edited by F8Sealed, 07 April 2015 - 09:51 AM.

#69 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:50 AM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 07 April 2015 - 09:38 AM, said:

Your still missing the point, 2 alphas and the light is toast no matter how you face it, worse on some lights vs others. As stated above the RNG places hit locations and how many missiles hit that location. Rarely if ever does it assign them evenly.

escef's video, alerady proofed, it can survive 2, "no matter how" it faces would include this example as well.

some objectivity please here.

View PostDarian DelFord, on 07 April 2015 - 09:49 AM, said:

While true in essence, and the demise of most light players, what if they were the only two mechs left in the match which has happened a few times with me. Your statement should read, "it's not ahrd easy to counter streakboats" Not impossible, but not easy.

so? only two? why have you to be the one enganging? you haven't you are faster, you can wait and initiate the battle, while the SCR is slower. you have speed and surprise on your side If not, you should worry about your playstyle more than about the streakboat.

Edited by Lily from animove, 07 April 2015 - 09:51 AM.

#70 Rhent

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:52 AM

Hence why if you are light mech you don't fight a fight you can't win and you avoid the Streakboat, its common sense. It would be like a LRM Boat closing to 50M to fight a Hunchback, again common sense is you don't do that. But you got idiots like Esref talking about how Stormcrows running streaks aren't a hard counter to lights, wrong. If Esref is one of the worst pilots in the game, then in his experience yes he's not a hard counter to a light mech and I can understand it. Possibly he is a special needs individual playing MWO with a mouthpiece and his equipment is failing?

#71 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:54 AM

View PostF8Sealed, on 07 April 2015 - 09:37 AM, said:

Okay so if I take the trial hunchback 4P, theoretically your are telling me I have a completely legit chance at murdering that streak 6 crow..................................... with 270 Range. Would you like to test this out or do you just want to agree with me?

You realize that energy weapons still do damage out to twice listed range, right? :huh:

I mean, yeah, the trial Hunchie is slower than the Stormcrow, so you can't maintain range unless they let you, but at 400 meters they might have a single ERML that they can poke you with for seven damage, while you can return fire for almost 17 damage.

#72 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:58 AM

View PostF8Sealed, on 07 April 2015 - 09:37 AM, said:

Okay so if I take the trial hunchback 4P, theoretically your are telling me I have a completely legit chance at murdering that streak 6 crow..................................... with 270 Range. Would you like to test this out or do you just want to agree with me?

You do have a pretty good chance, yes.

Depends how malevolent the RNG gods are. Assuming normal conditions, yes, you should win. You'll simply lose your shield side. He can't even target your hunch.

#73 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:00 AM

View PostEscef, on 07 April 2015 - 08:54 AM, said:

And at the low, low cost of 15 to 18 tons of launchers, active probe, limited ammo, massive heat, and the risk of getting hard countered by 2 mechs with ECM!

View PostEscef, on 07 April 2015 - 09:48 AM, said:

The only possible "if" in there is there being a second ECM mech available to block you. In the solo queue it isn't likely. Group queue is a crapshoot sometimes, too. CW it tends to depend upon your opponents, I've noticed Hellbringers are popular these days.

If massive heat (not so much), if active probe (most likely) if limited ammo, if 2 or more ECM's

Like I said your using if's to weight your argument, granted the only true might be limited ammunition, as a full 15 minute drop perhaps, as a solo vs a light or two, not so much.

View PostLily from animove, on 07 April 2015 - 09:50 AM, said:

escef's video, alerady proofed, it can survive 2, "no matter how" it faces would include this example as well.

some objectivity please here.

Now run that test 100 times and compare for each chassis and variant for some bare minimal results once again the RNG determines locations AND number of missles PER location Talk about lack of objectivity

so? only two? why have you to be the one enganging? you haven't you are faster, you can wait and initiate the battle, while the SCR is slower. you have speed and surprise on your side If not, you should worry about your playstyle more than about the streakboat.

Once again two evenly matched players, the streak crow wins the majority of the time, no one can deny this. The moment I am the last mech on my team no matter my chassis I immediately get into a position that plays to my strength, I assume the other team does the same. You will have to excuse me but speed and surprse means little when going against a skilled oppenent who can guesstimate what your going to do. Throw in Seismic Sensor and surprise is about out the window for a light.

Edited by Darian DelFord, 07 April 2015 - 10:02 AM.

#74 pattonesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:00 AM

I watched that video

one (1) volley stripped the armor off two components and made most of the rest red

two (2) volleys reduced it to a state where running into it would have killed it

"it can survive two" doesn't do much for me here

#75 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,670 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:01 AM

View PostEvan20k, on 07 April 2015 - 09:48 AM, said:

So question about something that's always seemed weird to me:

How come C-SSRMs don't behave like C-LRMs in that they fire out in a stream of shots instead of one giant vomit ball they do now? I'm unsure if this would be considered a nerf or not, but it was always something that struck me as oddly inconsistent.

It was planned originally but they backed off it for some reason somewhere before we got the public test. Even if they didn't do it for regular SRMs out of fear of making them useless, it should've been the case for streaks.

#76 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:01 AM

View PostRhent, on 07 April 2015 - 09:52 AM, said:

Hence why if you are light mech you don't fight a fight you can't win and you avoid the Streakboat, its common sense. It would be like a LRM Boat closing to 50M to fight a Hunchback, again common sense is you don't do that. But you got idiots like Esref talking about how Stormcrows running streaks aren't a hard counter to lights, wrong. If Esref is one of the worst pilots in the game, then in his experience yes he's not a hard counter to a light mech and I can understand it. Possibly he is a special needs individual playing MWO with a mouthpiece and his equipment is failing?

You can win the fight, not just in the sterakboats niche, find some obstacles you can get behind, he locks, fires you go behind the obtsacle, and the streaks hit the landscape. There is plenty of this cover on all mechs. Sure if you go into the streaks situation with the light mech, and own decision and a bad one. You wait until he comes or you just don't. going into someeone's elses niche. Or if you accept this challange accept to fail. but too many light pilots prefer whining over adjusting. Yes unfortunately, many pilots fight fights they can't win by situation. No idea why, not celver at all.
Impatient actually is quite a variable you can calculate in MWO, because most pilots really do not have it.

View Postpattonesque, on 07 April 2015 - 10:00 AM, said:

I watched that video

one (1) volley stripped the armor off two components and made most of the rest red

two (2) volleys reduced it to a state where running into it would have killed it

"it can survive two" doesn't do much for me here

welcoem to the world of nova pilots, 81kph, and nearly any proper build 2 alphas you to oblivion. or needs 3. WOW, such first world IS light pilots problems.

adopt and improve.

Edited by Lily from animove, 07 April 2015 - 10:03 AM.

#77 Melon Lord

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:04 AM

Having played 500+ matches in a Streacrow I would just like to point out there there is about a 0% chance of 2 alphas killing a fresh Locust, let alone more armored lights. If you prance in front of a Streakcrow in a damaged Locust then yes, you deserve to die in 2 alphas. That being said, it is not uncommon to unload 5-6 alphas on a fresh Firestarter in close quarters and not have one damn limb blown off. They'll be devoid of armor yes, but guess how many alphas that FS shot off while those streaks were cooling down. Lots. Plus after about 3 alphas and running to keep up/dodge you are at 90% heat. Good luck if you shut down and they get behind you.

Streaks are good at what they do, hunt lights. But if you meet two competent lights in a Streakcrow you'll be in for a good fight. The problem, from watching many a team mates and face palming each time, is that many do not use R. Besides my Streakcrow my other most played mech is a SDR-5D. Funny how I have very, very rarely been killed by Streakcrows. This is because, having played them quite a bit, I employ a combination of

1. Running for dear life
2. Pairing up with another ECM mech and making the Streakcrow cry (worst feeling ever as a Streakcrow)
3. Hit and run attacks since streaks take forever to lock and I am fast and had radar derp
4. If close enough, running right at them and behind them before they can achieve lock
5. Using cover to stop missles in flight
6. Using dips in terrain to stop missiles in flight
7. Using enemy mechs to stop missles in flight (LOLS)
8. If the Streakcrow has a laser, take my chances that they dropped their Bap for it since "their team mates will have it". This happens more often then you'd think, and I happily shoot the crow to death as they run away unable to shoot back.

Whoever compared lights crying about streakcrows to assaults crying about missile boats when they march towards one at 800m out is dead on. If you walk willingly towards the mech that hard counters what you're piloting, you have no one to blame but yourself when you die.

Edited by Melon Lord, 07 April 2015 - 10:06 AM.

#78 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:08 AM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 07 April 2015 - 10:00 AM, said:

If massive heat (not so much), if active probe (most likely) if limited ammo, if 2 or more ECM's

It is a LOT of heat. Stormcrows can handle it a little better than Mad Dogs because they can't fit a 6th launcher anyway. But "if" active probe? Are you serious? What kind of idiot runs Streaks without an Active Probe? Do you realize that a single hostile ECM will shut down your Streaks if you aren't packing an Active Probe? I mean, if you didn't know that I could excuse it, but I figured you DID know.

As for ammo, most StormCrow builds pack 6 tons of ammo, which is only enough for 20 salvos. Longer games will see them run out, and in CW most would simply eject and move on to the next mech after tapping out the ammo bins.

As for multiple enemy ECM, I already talked about that.

Edited by Escef, 07 April 2015 - 10:14 AM.

#79 pattonesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:12 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 07 April 2015 - 10:01 AM, said:

welcoem to the world of nova pilots, 81kph, and nearly any proper build 2 alphas you to oblivion. or needs 3. WOW, such first world IS light pilots problems.

adopt and improve.

sounds like you're not twisting well enough

also they actually had to aim those alphas in order to hit you

also "adapt"

#80 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 11:07 AM

The biggest weakness of clan streak boats is that horrible reload time.

Regular IS brawlers can shred them with ML and AC/20. It's really only lights that seem to suffer, from my experience, and that's the point of them.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users