Does Pgi Not Want Other Clan Mechs To Be Playable?

169 replies to this topic

#1 mogs01gt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:31 PM

The Summoner prime quirks really make no sense. Why do CD quirks on the ERPPC when the mech already cant handle the heat produced by it????

So its either playing the TBR, or a TBR or a TBR....Splash in a Crow here or there.....

Edited by mogs01gt, 07 April 2015 - 07:31 PM.

#2 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:32 PM

Could always just nerf those two. And there you go. More reason to play your Summoner.

#3 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:33 PM

It's a combination of two factors:

1. Due to the outcries caused by certain strongly quirked IS mechs, they are being very overcautious with all new quirk releases (Clan and IS alike).

2. They're Clan mechs that can use Clan guns, so PGI is afraid that quirks large enough could cause problems with the weapons that start out pretty effective on their own.

#4 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:36 PM

View PostFupDup, on 07 April 2015 - 07:33 PM, said:

1. Due to the outcries caused by certain strongly quirked IS mechs, they are being very overcautious with all new quirk releases (Clan and IS alike).

2. They're Clan mechs that can use Clan guns, so PGI is afraid that quirks large enough could cause problems with the weapons that start out pretty effective on their own.

Its fine to be cautious, PGI should do so more often. I will give PGI time to see if they will quirk their quirks for the better on Clans.

PPCs in general straight need buffs, 1300 velocity, either base or quirked is where we would see worth while improvements. 1200 is marginally noticeable in terms of hitting, but still not quite there.

As for Summoner, yeah, its prime could use a +25% PPC quirk buff for velocity and -15% for heat just like the other PPC primary mechs got.

Edited by LordKnightFandragon, 07 April 2015 - 07:36 PM.

#5 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:37 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 07 April 2015 - 07:36 PM, said:

Its fine to be cautious, PGI should do so more often. I will give PGI time to see if they will quirk their quirks for the better on Clans.

Well, in this case, I think it could be more accurately described as paranoia/fearmongering. 5% MG Range and 2.5% MG RoF on Thor torsos...

#6 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts
  • LocationOff in the Desert

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:38 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 07 April 2015 - 07:32 PM, said:

Could always just nerf those two. And there you go. More reason to play your Summoner.

Yes, let is take the two good mechs, make them worse, so you'll have the trash not look so bad compared to it.

Why don't we take that approch with the Awesome? lets nerf all the IS mechs so the Awesome doesn't look so bad, hell we can even make the pretty baby look good by doing that!

#7 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:50 PM

View PostSeph MacLeod, on 07 April 2015 - 07:38 PM, said:

Yes, let is take the two good mechs, make them worse, so you'll have the trash not look so bad compared to it.

Why don't we take that approch with the Awesome? lets nerf all the IS mechs so the Awesome doesn't look so bad, hell we can even make the pretty baby look good by doing that!

I think we would have to nerf every mech on the IS and the Clan side.

#8 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:01 PM

View PostFupDup, on 07 April 2015 - 07:33 PM, said:

But certain Clanners, Nova and Summoner, are already bad due to poor design aspects. Low slung arms and high cockpit(Thor). They need to consider that. When Im in my Summoner its always the same though, "why and I not in my TBR or CTF?"

Edited by mogs01gt, 07 April 2015 - 08:02 PM.

#9 Sorbic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:05 PM

View PostFupDup, on 07 April 2015 - 07:37 PM, said:

Well, in this case, I think it could be more accurately described as paranoia/fearmongering. 5% MG Range and 2.5% MG RoF on Thor torsos...

Call me optimistic but these small MG quirks have me a weeeeeeee bit hopeful that they will be giving MG a general buff. /crosses fingers.

To the OP, there are plenty other very viable clan mechs. I spent the morning smashing face in the Summoner before bouncing over to the WH. Really liking the PPC WH prime now.

Edited by Sorbic, 07 April 2015 - 08:06 PM.

#10 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:08 PM

View PostSorbic, on 07 April 2015 - 08:05 PM, said:

Call me optimistic but these small MG quirks have me a weeeeeeee bit hopeful that they will be giving MG a general buff. /crosses fingers.

To the OP, there are plenty other very viable clan mechs. I spent the morning smashing face in the Summoner before bouncing over to the WH. Really liking the PPC WH prime now.

They arent viable when they are completely inferior to the TBR. It's not fun having to fight against your own mech's short comings to do half the damage you can do in a TBR.

#11 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:11 PM

View PostSeph MacLeod, on 07 April 2015 - 07:38 PM, said:

what's funnier is that there are actually people, out there, playing this very game, who don't need easy mode mechs to succeed. Those same people pilot Awesome, Vindies, etc etc to great effect. THose very same people tend not to ***** and moan too much about anything being OP

In the land of minmax meta fest though, there will always be only a handful of mechs used. Cause outside the box thinking is just too... ashdjahdadads

what was I talking about again?

#12 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:15 PM

View PostcSand, on 07 April 2015 - 08:11 PM, said:

what's funnier is that there are actually people, out there, playing this very game, who don't need easy mode mechs to succeed. Those same people pilot Awesome, Vindies, etc etc to great effect. THose very same people tend not to ***** and moan too much about anything being OPIn the land of minmax meta fest though, there will always be only a handful of mechs used. Cause outside the box thinking is just too... ashdjahdadads

That has nothing to do with the issue. The issue is giving quirks to mechs that make zero sense in the first place. The Summoner doesnt need CD or range quirks on the ERPPC, it needs heat management. Giving it a quirk for an already crap weapon like an LBx simply forces the pilots to go with energy based weapons or missiles which dont register half the time anyways. I just slammed an SRM6A into a DWF and none of them registered.

So what does that mean? It forces me to build energy to have a reliable mech which asks the same question, "why not run the TBR and get the same result in a better mech?" This is why laser vomit builds are "meta", they are reliable.

Edited by mogs01gt, 07 April 2015 - 08:16 PM.

#13 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:16 PM

View Postmogs01gt, on 07 April 2015 - 08:15 PM, said:

That has nothing to do with the issue. The issue is giving quirks to mechs that make zero sense in the first place. The Summoner doesnt need CD or range quirks on the ERPPC, it needs heat management. Giving it a quirk for an already crap weapon like an LBx simply forces the pilots and into going with energy based weapon or missiles which dont register half the time anyways. I just slammed an SRM6A into a DWF and none of them registered.

So what does that mean? It forces me to build energy to have a reliable mech which asks the same question, "why not run the TBR and get the same result in a better mech". This is why laser vomit builds are "meta", they are reliable.

Yea I was a little OT

Build what you want though. Quirks will only carry you so far. If you suck in a chassis mecha-lord knows the quirks ain't gonna save you

You sure your SRM6 was in range? I have 90ish ping and have had 0 issues with hit reg excepting my crappy aim.

Edited by cSand, 07 April 2015 - 08:18 PM.

#14 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:17 PM

View Postmogs01gt, on 07 April 2015 - 07:31 PM, said:

The Summoner prime quirks really make no sense. Why do CD quirks on the ERPPC when the mech already cant handle the heat produced by it????

So its either playing the TBR, or a TBR or a TBR....Splash in a Crow here or there.....

Well at the least this build got it's CD quirks + more CD for the CERPPC - and it can handle the heat.

With 2x T5 mods, that's +10% & +12% CD bonuses for both of those weapons - neither of which needs a range module.

EDIT: Pretty sure Gauss would be at 2.52s + 0.75 charge up and CERPPCs would be at 2.52s.

Edited by Ultimatum X, 07 April 2015 - 08:23 PM.

#15 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:18 PM

View PostcSand, on 07 April 2015 - 08:11 PM, said:

what's funnier is that there are actually people, out there, playing this very game, who don't need easy mode mechs to succeed. Those same people pilot Awesome, Vindies, etc etc to great effect. THose very same people tend not to ***** and moan too much about anything being OP

In the land of minmax meta fest though, there will always be only a handful of mechs used. Cause outside the box thinking is just too... ashdjahdadads

I personally like to use Maddogs and Novas, .. those seem to be quite forgotten often, but I will not waste your time on what the topic really was about sense you where reminded.

I'm just sick of everyone on BOTH sides logic being "mechs are under used? nerf the good ones"

#16 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:20 PM

View PostcSand, on 07 April 2015 - 08:16 PM, said:

Yea I was a little OT
Build what you want though. Quirks will only carry you so far. If you suck in a chassis mecha-lord knows the quirks ain't gonna save you

Building what you want simply means you arent building efficiently. Unless you are referring to goofing off in-game which I dont do. The issue still remains that PGI will not give proper quirks to inferior mechs. Summoners and Novas have too many design flaws to be a mech where the pilot isnt fighting it the entire time.

View PostUltimatum X, on 07 April 2015 - 08:17 PM, said:

Well at the least this build got it's CD quirks + more CD for the CERPPC - and it can handle the heat.

Looks like a CW build, no thanks. Any FS9 pilot with half a brain cell will wreck it. Hell anyone with a brain will aim for the right side of the mech. The Thor doesnt have the best shielding ability.

Edited by mogs01gt, 07 April 2015 - 08:23 PM.

#17 Sorbic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:22 PM

View Postmogs01gt, on 07 April 2015 - 08:08 PM, said:

They arent viable when they are completely inferior to the TBR. It's not fun having to fight against your own mech's short comings to do half the damage you can do in a TBR.

I think you need to look up the definition of the word "viable".

Ignoring the erroneous "half the damage" comment, I have not yet got to test/paid enough attention to the TBR to see of the JJ animation fix brought it down a notch.

#18 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:24 PM

View Postmogs01gt, on 07 April 2015 - 08:20 PM, said:

Building what you want simply means you arent building efficiently. Unless you are referring to goofing off in-game which I dont do. The issue still remains that PGI will not give proper quirks to inferior mechs. Summoners and Novas have too many design flaws to be a mech where the pilot isnt fighting it the entire time.

Looks like a CW build, no thanks. Any FS9 pilot with half a brain cell will wreck it. Hell anyone with a brain will aim for the right side of the mech. The Thor doesnt the best shielding ability.

Actually the Nova seems to of gotten quite a boon from the Quirks as it is, sure more would be nice, but its not a super super hot paper armored mech any more.

It's no top tier, but its not trash any more either.

#19 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:26 PM

View Postmogs01gt, on 07 April 2015 - 08:20 PM, said:

Looks like a CW build, no thanks. Any FS9 pilot with half a brain cell will wreck it. Hell anyone with a brain will aim for the right side of the mech. The Thor doesnt have the best shielding ability.

If you have a defeatist attitude, then you will always be defeated.

If you can't shield with the left side, then that's a pilot issue - not a Summoner issue.

It's a 93kph 70T mech, the Prime variant has +30% Acceleration and Deceleration rate (pretty huge numbers)

It's easily one of the most agile heavy mechs in the game, if not the most and it easily keeps pace with many upper tonned mediums.

Edited by Ultimatum X, 07 April 2015 - 08:26 PM.

#20 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:26 PM

Everyone so concerned with quirks and tiers and meta gaming they forget how to actually pilot a mech

SAD TIMES

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users