When And If It Comes Time For The Jenner....

43 replies to this topic

#1 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 08 April 2015 - 05:41 AM

Please do not try to "fix" the hit boxes on it, the only thing it needs is an armor/internal structure buff to the CT leave the hitboxes alone.

#2 Johny Rocket

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 06:25 AM

I like the Jenner enough that I bought the pack to get the (C) and (H) variants. So this is a topic of concern for me.
Something does need done about the CT hitbox but if they start monkeying around it will effect the rest of them which are not broken.
A quirk or two could help a lot.
I suspect some of the issue is the mesh needs cleaned up. To many overlapping triangles which in affect makes the CT a bit larger a target than what it is supposed to be. No expert though I do have some 3D rendering experience from making my own models to 3D print.

That said I think they should worry about the hit registration problem first.
On a good match its hard to tell but on some matches where I went down quick I have noticed that though I landed 10-15 shots I'll only get like 10 dmg.

Edited by Tractor Joe, 08 April 2015 - 06:30 AM.

#3 Jaeger Gonzo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:45 AM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 08 April 2015 - 05:41 AM, said:

Please do not try to "fix" the hit boxes on it, the only thing it needs is an armor/internal structure buff to the CT leave the hitboxes alone.

What?
I think no other mek in game has more broken hit boxes. Jenner is actually walking one hit box, center.

#4 Johny Rocket

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:55 AM

View PostJaeger Gonzo, on 08 April 2015 - 07:45 AM, said:

What?
I think no other mek in game has more broken hit boxes. Jenner is actually walking one hit box, center.

almost always CT kills. Basically I trade everything for speed and either snipe or back shoot. Love piloting them but always low score matches unless I load the Oxide with 4 lrm5.
The other hitboxes aren't that bad its the CT. Like I said I think it has a lot to do with surface area of the mesh. Feels like the CT is the size of a STK.

#5 Mindwipe

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 08:41 AM

I think they need to adjust the torso boxes a bit to let the side torsos take some of the damage. Right now the Jenner has three hit boxes, CT and two legs. Looking at the model I have no idea how they'd do this mind you.

Given almost no one uses Jenner's anymore since the Firestarter is pretty much just flat out superior I've not seen if they ever fixed the Jenner's rear torsos. It used to be a fun trick against the non-F models in a duel to aim for the top of the missile launcher. Didn't matter if you were front or back it would hit front CT. Made it even easier to kill them while using my F type.

Now I want to take my F out for a spin. I really wish they'd give the Jenners a meaningful quirk pass. It's not that they're terrible, but they really seem lacking compared to the other 35 tonners. Heck, I have trouble choosing my 7-F over my Locust 1E.

#6 Kuritaclan

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 April 2015 - 08:50 AM

If the ct hitbox smalls out the sts would get bigger, and since you jenner carry xl, the death would come faster. You won't have longer times in combat but rather short ones. What cause more bagging for Sidetorso HP Buffs and Centertorso, since in last case this problem will not disappear anyway. Jenner is actually fine beside the problem that the hitreg is strong with this jordl praise his speed.

If you get cored out too often, the problem in most cases is, while approach /and or chasing same speedo enemy you run straight forward instead of makking the snake.

Edited by Kuritaclan, 08 April 2015 - 08:53 AM.

#7 topgun505

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,625 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOhio

Posted 08 April 2015 - 08:56 AM

I have around 300 matches in Jenners since the last stat wipe.

Know how many times I have died due to side torso destruction?

NOT

ONE

TIME

Sorry man but that is a HUGE red flag that the boxes are in need of at least SOME adjustment.

Increase side torso, reduce center.

#8 Kuritaclan

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:03 AM

View Posttopgun505, on 08 April 2015 - 08:56 AM, said:

sure, and then if the sidetorso XL exlosions funnel in since sidetorsos have less armor and can be grilled by ppfld easier, over all lifespan of jenners will get hurt. You feel that you get cored to often in the ct, that is true sinc you get cored over proportional often in the ct, but you rather like to absorb with ct a shot and life with minimal hp left to bring in another salvo than getting killed by a ST hit on the XL what is your death rather quickly. There is 32 armor in total on the jener ST and 44 on the ct. It is morelikly to survive a high ppfld on the ct than on the st with the weak XL Engine. - If you wish to die faster because of lesser than 75% armor/internal on the sts go ahead, but plz don't sceam for ST Internal Quirks after achiving your goal.

Edited by Kuritaclan, 08 April 2015 - 09:09 AM.

#9 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:10 AM

View PostKuritaclan, on 08 April 2015 - 09:03 AM, said:

sure, and then if the sidetorso XL exlosions funnel in since sidetorsos have less armor and can be grilled by ppfld easier, over all lifespan of jenners will get hurt. You feel that you get cored to often in the ct, that is true sinc you get cored over proportional often in the ct, but you rather like to absorb with ct a shot and life with minimal hp left to bring in another salvo than getting killed by a ST hit on the XL what is your death rather quickly. There is 32 armor in total on the jener ST and 44 on the ct. It is morelikly to survive a high ppfld on the ct than on the st with the weak XL Engine. - If you wish to die faster because of lesser than 75% armor/internal on the sts go ahead, but plz don't sceam for ST Internal Quirks after achiving your goal.

Damage spread > instant core

#10 Palor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 372 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationManitowoc WI

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:15 AM

I used to love my jenners, but lately they collect dust while I use the Ravens. The Jenners could use a little love.

#11 Kuritaclan

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:16 AM

View PostBurktross, on 08 April 2015 - 09:10 AM, said:

Damage spread > instant core

Damage spread is an argument, but i pop ravens easier then jenners mostly because they have STzone aligned on the CT. If you wanna have this to go for it. Then Jenners will pop as easy too.

#12 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:17 AM

View PostKuritaclan, on 08 April 2015 - 09:16 AM, said:

Damage spread is an argument, but i pop ravens easier then jenners mostly because they have STzone aligned on the CT. If you wanna have this to go for it. Then Jenners will pop as easy too.

That's why you need balanced hitboxes.

#13 Kuritaclan

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:31 AM

View PostBurktross, on 08 April 2015 - 09:17 AM, said:

That's why you need balanced hitboxes.

Just for the comp:
Posted Image
Raven Hitbox:
Posted Image
Then it may become something like this a made 3 variations (sry paint skills sucks):
Posted Image
If hitboxes get changed that way (or even more since the raven has biger popboxes), it may be a faster death to close range jenners. But what do I know.

Edited by Kuritaclan, 08 April 2015 - 09:39 AM.

#14 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:39 AM

The JR7 center torso hitbox does need some work. I'd not say no, though, to some CT defensive quirks.

#15 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:40 AM

Like I said, leave the torso boxes alone, they are fine, do we get CT'ed more than anything absolutely. However the boxes are fine, people do not understand that if they make those ST's bigger a lot of builds go bye bye. All the Jenner needs in this department is a CT Structure and Armor buff. I have over 7000 matches just in my Jenner F, the hit boxes are fine. The Jenner has always been and should always be a CT on Legs, however the CT does need the above buff to stay competitive.

If you are getting CT'ed to quickly in a match look at other things. Please leave the hit boxes alone.

#16 Kuritaclan

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:50 AM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 08 April 2015 - 09:40 AM, said:

Like I said, leave the torso boxes alone, they are fine, do we get CT'ed more than anything absolutely. However the boxes are fine, people do not understand that if they make those ST's bigger a lot of builds go bye bye. All the Jenner needs in this department is a CT Structure and Armor buff. I have over 7000 matches just in my Jenner F, the hit boxes are fine. The Jenner has always been and should always be a CT on Legs, however the CT does need the above buff to stay competitive.

If you are getting CT'ed to quickly in a match look at other things. Please leave the hit boxes alone.

I support what you said about the hitbox and the rest, but i do not agree to the bonus ct quirk (internal/armor) - A Jenner will not be a Firestarter. Maybee it needs a slight rescaling of 3-10% in width of the ct to compress the siloutett instead of quirking everything to death and have the same problems with good aiming pilots going on.

Edited by Kuritaclan, 08 April 2015 - 09:51 AM.

#17 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:56 AM

View PostKuritaclan, on 08 April 2015 - 09:50 AM, said:

I support what you said about the hitbox and the rest, but i do not agree to the bonus ct quirk (internal/armor) - A Jenner will not be a Firestarter. Maybee it needs a slight rescaling of 3-10% in width of the ct to compress the siloutett instead of quirking everything to death and have the same problems with good aiming pilots going on.

Personally I think quirking is the worst thing they did to this game, I personally think we should be able to specialize our mechs our own way withing a set parameters of a skill tree. However until the CT gets buffed somehow its always going to be second class light mech in the shadow of other lights.

#18 YokiLin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 154 posts
  • LocationCa, USA

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:06 PM

Darian Delford, do you want to create a monster? :wub:

+1 internal reinforcements. :D

#19 Past

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:27 PM

I'm In top 10 for the founders Jenner ladder atm so have spent the last couple days playing it quite a bit the majority of matches my paper doll upon death has been yellow armor all over with the CT missing.
If i play other lights i can frequently finish a match with several parts stripped of armor unless you cop a well placed alpha of course. A Jenner might be able to allocate a 35 tonners worth of armor but if your only going to survive as long as whats on the CT then your effectively under armored for the weight your bringing. Bonus armor quirk to reflect the physical size of that hitbox is definitely needed imo to keep it more on par with the other 35 ton options. Catapault also has the same problem i think it has 10 extra internal structure but needs a small amount more also. Mechs that cant twist to protect are definitely at a big disadvantage.

#20 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:32 PM

View PostKuritaclan, on 08 April 2015 - 09:31 AM, said:

Posted Image

I like the third one the best. Having a reason for running more than 5 or so armour on the ST's would be nice.

One of the bigger issues though, is that the most dangerous mechs are often looking down on the spritely little Jenner, and from that perspective the CT is like the Shield helicarrier.

Because it's weapons are almost always short range, this is a pretty big detriment.

I would like both a hitbox change like the one you proposed above, and a CT structure or armour buff.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users