Urbanmech Leaderboard Event

146 replies to this topic

#81 Ragtag soldier

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 358 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 12:56 PM

i demand that this challange be limited to Urbanmechs mounting an AC/10, LBX/10, or AC/20! anything less is not an urbie, it's a raven with a nosejob.

#82 TopRay

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 01:13 PM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 10 April 2015 - 12:50 PM, said:

Um.... It's 10x the number of wins in a match... So, unless you know how to win multiple times in one match, it's just 10 points :P

Ok fair enough, so its not such i big difference i will concede and give you that,but its still a difference that shouldn't be in the equation if its a true measure of individual skill and with it being so minor why did they even bother putting it in?.

Edited by TopRay, 10 April 2015 - 01:20 PM.

#83 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 10 April 2015 - 01:15 PM

View PostXione87, on 10 April 2015 - 03:37 AM, said:

I also still have to finish Dark Souls (damn Ornstein & Smough...)

hahahahah they are easy compared with Manus or Artorias in the free PC expansion.

#84 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 10 April 2015 - 01:17 PM

View PostXione87, on 10 April 2015 - 01:52 AM, said:

So a weekend event in which I cannot participate because I didn't feel like spending real money on this particular mech on the same weekend where my current premium time runs out?

Guess I'm playing Divinity: Original Sin or something else from my 'to play' list this weekend :D

You can play the free weekend tournament for all players! The Looking for Group tournament is free for all players, even the ones who complain about how one of the two weekend tournaments are for niche game supporters and the other one is free for all.

Yes, the weekend tournament is free.

#85 Grey Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 661 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 02:08 PM

Wasn't this a little too soon? We just got them this week. I still slowly building up the skills up on my Resistance Mechs.

#86 jper4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:43 PM

i haven;t even gotten through the basics on mine yet but got a dozen or so matches in each chassis today. nothing special results wise top 75 in all three- best is 27th in the 60 so i guess that'll be the one i focus on tomorrow.

#87 Tangelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:53 PM

The LFG thing is a challenge, not a tournament.

It's not a big deal really, in fact I think it's a great idea to have a tournament surrounding a featured mech and its variants. They have done it before and still found a way to include everyone. But..considering how few and far between tournaments are, they could have at least included a leaderboard for light mechs in general. Just the Urbie is too exclusive.

"Pay to play" tournament? Nod to paying customers? I've paid plenty as well as a lot of others. I'm not getting an Urbie though, and because of that I can only take part as someone's target.

I'm perfectly happy that he is in the game now...a lot of people have been waiting for it. I think it's great, but I don't like it. I'm not saying it sucks, or stupid..I just personally have no interest.

I love tournament weekends, no matter the theme I'll take part and take my licks. I'd love to play this one too despite the fact lights are my weakest weight class I'd still try. But I can't, and it's not because I haven't invested in MWO. It's not because I don't have a light mech to get stomped in. It's because I don't want to spend $$ on something I don't want?

It's a great idea.... It would be nice too see more weight class specific tournaments. I mean atleast there are trials. But it should have been "Urbie vs the Lights" or something to that effect. Not Urbie vs those that didn't want or couldn't buy one. Especially considering tournaments are not "common" weekend events.

Best of luck to those that compete.... sincerely. Wish I could compete with you...But I guess I'll just go do the "LFG challenge" ...........which is a challenge to merely launch in itself...........on a tournament weekend............Yay.

Edited by Tangelis, 10 April 2015 - 05:10 PM.

#88 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:40 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 10 April 2015 - 08:29 AM, said:

we always appreciate overconfident prey..........
And really, streak crows? That the worst way to kill urbies. Spread damage everywhere. I've killed so many of them, they're terrible for urbie hunting. I'm FAR more afraid of SRM crows.

#89 xMintaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 882 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:52 PM

Not expecting to place high up in the rankings, but I opted in for the hell of it.

Urban meching = hilarious fun.

Thanks PGI for pulling me away from Elite for a weekend xD

#90 sneeking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 10 April 2015 - 06:48 PM

Looks like I got some catching up to do, I went to bed before it started and woke to see its in full swing.

Now to see if I can at least get a look in on the score board.

#91 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:46 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 10 April 2015 - 05:40 PM, said:

And really, streak crows? That the worst way to kill urbies. Spread damage everywhere. I've killed so many of them, they're terrible for urbie hunting. I'm FAR more afraid of SRM crows.

Plus SRMs take some level of skill to do consistently well with. STreakCrows? Meh. IMO, probably the lowest skill level build in the game.

#92 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:36 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 10 April 2015 - 07:46 PM, said:

Plus SRMs take some level of skill to do consistently well with. STreakCrows? Meh. IMO, probably the lowest skill level build in the game.

And one with a decided skill cap. Even if you're good, you can't make streaks better. They'll still target random bones, and your target can still twist to catch most on his arms if he likes.

Streaks are crappy SRM's for people who can't aim. Now, I get that vs. a 150 or 170kph light... but a <100kph urbie? That's pretty embarassing IMHO.

#93 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 11 April 2015 - 02:00 AM

WOW R E S P E C T for the pilots.

I m not a bad Urbie Pilot...good for 7 kills in that can...but the results others reached..I m deeply impressed.

RESPECT to all Top 5 Urbie pilots in all 3 Areas...what you do is..AWESOME!!

(I think I m out..not enough time to Keep up.)

1. Jaberwocky 2,729 WTF....:D

#94 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:57 AM

Respect indeed. Having dropped with and against some of these top pilots it just shows skill and not the mech itself is a major factor.

#95 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 April 2015 - 04:13 AM

According to the formula, if I got ten matches of:

450 damage
10 assists
Win
Survive

That would get me a score of 1,500, and the lowest score on the leaderboard right now is over 1,500.

Urbie work is hard work.

#96 Yankesik

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 04:41 AM

View PostPalor, on 09 April 2015 - 12:47 PM, said:

A counter competition for # of Urbies killed by other mechs by weight class would be fun. To get the kill credit it has to be a solo kill or most damage dealt kill.

Good luck to all you Urbie pilots, you paid and now you can play!

Yeah, they should make a Urbie Hunting event :D

#97 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 11 April 2015 - 06:18 AM

Is there any indication of how many games we have played per variant? If so let me know otherwise would be nice.

#98 o0cipher0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 353 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 11 April 2015 - 09:46 AM

Wow, i'm 18th in the r63 leaderboard right now, never tought i'd earn such i high position in the leaderbord. :o

Guess i'll have to play hard tomorrow to keep the position :ph34r:

Edited by o0cipher0o, 11 April 2015 - 09:46 AM.

#99 Quardak

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,301 posts
  • LocationRaumsystem Kitzingen

Posted 12 April 2015 - 12:06 AM

i see 3 Players in the Top 5 on all 3 Chassis.

Thats very interesting:

you have to do 10 perfect games in all 3 Variants ?

how can you do that.... you are in an urbie ! R60L = Best average 310 Points

(Solo Kill × 30) + (Kill Most Damage × 20) + (Killing Blow × 10) + (Kill Assist × 10) + (Win × 10) + (Loss × 5) + (Survive × 10) + (Dead × 5) + ((Damage done - Team Damage) ÷ 15)

To win this you have to solo kill 2-3 people...every Match

Edited by Quardak, 12 April 2015 - 12:38 AM.

#100 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 12 April 2015 - 02:03 AM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 10 April 2015 - 12:50 PM, said:

Um.... It's 10x the number of wins in a match... So, unless you know how to win multiple times in one match, it's just 10 points :P

Its a 5 point difference but coupled with a 5 point difference for surviving which in a defeat is also most certainly not the case so over ten scoring matches, that is a difference of 100 points.

Coupled with the fact that grouped matches count, better players are usually grouped with better or certainly not terrible player and can co-ordinate, and in some cases farm to help their urby friend. the LFG feature isn't close to a counter for this as the skill level drops if you use it.

This has been the worse challenge and the worse tourney, it favours the better players that don't need the help, and penalises the ones that have no chance of winning but like to use them as a skill challenge, as even casual player that can only play 10-20 matches over the weekend can still take part and see how well they do.

If PGI want to alienate their player base further, as many will see this as an elitist attitude on PGI's part, going on steam will not help this game, as they seem to think it will, and coupled with what seems to be an E sport mentality is only going to damage the population and cash injection

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users