#61 stalima

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 227 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:50 AM

View PostSpleenslitta, on 19 May 2015 - 01:57 AM, said:

The Kit Fox is close to replacing the Firestarter as my favorite light mech. It's somewhat slow yes but it has 2 things to make up for it ECM being the obvious 1st thing.
But the other thing is a flexible weapon selection. I use 4 MG's, 2 SPL, ER PPC, ECM, 6 JJ's.
I used 3 SL, 1 ML, ER PPC, 280XL, JJ on my Firestarter 9S.

ECM means i don't have to relocate so far after each shot to keep myself unpredictable like i do with my Firestarter.
This makes up for the lesser speed. 6 JJ's makes it fast at getting on top of big buildings so you can fire into the brawl below.
What i don't understand is why players equip both 3 AMS and ECM on the Kit Fox. ECM keeps the LRMs away so why take AMS?

ECM can be disabled quite easily, AMS cannot

#62 Shadey99

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:54 PM

AMS can also help if a friendly was fired on outside your bubble of ECM and then walks closer to you again. Like when say your team is playing the peeking sniper game and the enemy team is running LRMs (say the 6xLRM5 Mad Dog or 2xLRM20 WarHawk). The missiles will still head toward the last known location, and while they may not hit the original target, lots of times they will rain into the 'hiding spot' of friendly forces. The 3xAMS helps deal with these while the ECM does not.

People seem to know to aim for that shoulder/torso though even when I took out the AMS, so I went with a long range punch for my ECM/AMS Kit Fox and try to keep as much out of sight as possible. I did make one variant of the Kit Fox with a crazy 4xMPL+4xMG build though... That can be a brutal infighter, think of it much like a slower Ember using MPLs rather than MLs... It just overheats like mad (3 4xMPL shots before you need to pause on most maps). I just wish it had jjs.

#63 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:57 PM

Is the Kit Fox bad?
With ECM, I got more team wins than most other Mechs I own.
I just bought the C so I could run it and win to feel better after still trying to Master Grasshoppers.

#64 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:44 PM

if you want people aiming your other, non-ecm hand - play lrm kit fox with ecm (:
for instance i played yesterday 2 cw drops with 3 lrm kit foxes of 8 mechs overall... 2 of them had their lrm hand intentionally sniped

my favorite build for a very annoying jumping rocket fox http://mwo.smurfy-ne...4b6d152389ffde0
also you sometimes will need that med laser, generally for fighting or even for some ridiculous cases like i once had a king crab who tried to avoid being lurmed from afar by manually shutting down... just to be poked by the laser

Edited by bad arcade kitty, 21 May 2015 - 07:47 PM.

#65 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:17 AM

I would like the post above me but I used the S LA arm, 1 LRM20 and another cERML was better plus S torsos for MGs.

Edited by Wildstreak, 22 May 2015 - 06:17 AM.

#66 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:09 AM

View PostLunatech, on 23 April 2015 - 04:09 PM, said:

12T if you fit the "mandatory" equipment (1JJ, ECM and TC1).

Yes, it can pack a respectable weapons payload but you have to factor in heatsinks and general sustainability there too. I haven't had any success running more than 10T of weapons, Wubfox, any more and it's just too hot. Hell, that Wubfox isn't really that great. Much better to run two ERML and LrgPulse (I run ERLL + 2x ERML on my Prime as the best loadout).
13-15 depending on your loadout tbh, but really you should be running 192pts of armour, rather than max for that extra bit of tonnage.

Your Wubfox is a bit subpar too.
Dropping those 17pts of armour, moving the TC to the Torso (so if you lose the arm, the other weapons get it still), and adding some MGs works out far better.

I've been doing really well with this one lately: KFX-PRIME
Ammo and gear spread to allow for maximum longevity.

Plus, any Kit Fox player needs to try the Knife Fighter at least once.

#67 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 04:23 PM

Tried running my C stock pods using ECM, cERLL, 2cERMLs.
Wow, lookit that massive less than 80XP bonus per match. :rolleyes:
Doing very good.

#68 Creovex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 25 May 2015 - 04:29 PM

I leveled the Hunchbacks (all of them) fully in the pre-quirk Era.... so I apply the same fighting tactics to the Ulller/Kitfox as I did those Hunchbacks.

I run 1xCLPL, 2xCSRM6, ECM... overall, it runs great!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users