712 replies to this topic

#661 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:18 PM

View PostWojna12, on 29 April 2015 - 06:21 PM, said:

How can I pick which Mech I want as the reward? Ive gotten to 50pts and still cant find where to select the mech...

Also, any recommendation on whether to go Banshee or Warhawk? I only got 3 Hunchbacks (new player) and will be buying Misery soon

Check this page and scroll down to just past all the unit standings. Between the section with the unit standings, and the section that tracks your specific qualifying games, there should be a button selection available.

As to which 'Mech you choose, that all depends. There's a lot of factors at play. If you intend to get (and keep) Warhawks at some point, get the Warhawk. If you still have very little in-game materiel, which is the case as you say, the Banshee may be a better choice. Not only do you get a fairly versatile assault 'Mech, but you can Elite/Master it a lot faster than you could Warhawks due to price differences, and you're able to actually take out and use its gear on other 'Mechs. Clan tech is not compatible with IS tech.

#662 Icewraith

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 10:10 PM

Any chance we can get our scores above ~200 to "redeem" matches within ten points or so of 80? I have a few games with early omega rushes where I hit 75-79 points, and it's killing me.

#663 Snoopy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 107 posts
  • LocationAlmost there ...

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:32 PM

View PostKidler MD, on 29 April 2015 - 08:53 AM, said:

Solution is pretty easy: bring Mercenaries Faction to the game. Mercs with short-term contracts (24 hours for example) could float between Clans and IS as needed. Tukayyid event is lost but it can make future events more equal.

I have to disagree respectfully. A shortening of the contract duration would certainly not improve the situation and / or solve the population problem.

In addition you must consider that every event is an exceptional situation and thus solutions for event problems may create problems in normal CW.

#664 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:29 AM

most of the time you can fight IS vs IS, so the population imbalance isn't an issue.

#665 Kidler

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 79 posts
  • LocationOST, Poland

Posted 30 April 2015 - 02:19 AM

Short-term contracts would not have affected the IS vs IS events, but could be crucial to IS vs Clan events. It's my opinion of course.

#666 Todeshonk

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 04:08 AM

so this is not meant to be a rant, i just want to argue my view on this event and some opinions:

30points now (in 30games, mostly pugging some games with 2-3 friends).
i had waittimes from 8 to 33 minutes. i would argue the avereage was 15-17 minutes.

i wont meet the 40 points because i just dont have the time (30 hours a week for a game should be enough : ).

ok. i can live with that, its a challenge with free stuff and i am not entitled to anyhing.

what bugs me: i did an average of 253 points per match to meet the minimum of 80.

plz consider easing the grind by implementing a staggered reward system, in future events. like e.g:

80 matchscore = 1p
200 matchscore = 2p
300 matchscore = 3p

ps: had i been a clanner i had met the 50p easily by now, with my invested time and effort.

another thought in regards to the wait times for IS:

for example lets say tukayyid has a moon or something.
And on this moon everytime there are far more IS teams then clanners just let them drop there. IS vs IS.
obviously this matches dont count towards the battle of tukayyid, but at least there would be much less waiting.
Same queue, so you dont know where you drop until the team is formed.

i know its not cannon, but at this point i just want to be able to play the game WHEN i want to play the game. its 2015 and i dont know when the last time was that i played a game with such wait times, or waittimes over 2 minutes at all.

beside this "beta" event i want to thank PGI for their work in the last 1,5 years.

A bit more focus on content and a bit less on mechpack releases would be nice. i know its a buisness and money has to be made, but the mwo pricemodel is as steep as it gets and, in my humble opinion, the content lacks to justify such investments.

but never the less, i am here to stay.

please excuse my "broken" english. i am much better at reading and understanding than writing.

Edited by Todeshonk, 30 April 2015 - 04:14 AM.

#667 dragnier1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 04:14 AM

The warhawk seems not a bad mech. I ended purchasing another. That 5 million cbills from 50 wins should help fund the third.

All i need is 3 more qualifying matches...

#668 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 05:17 AM

Today, I get my life back.

Posted Image

#669 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 30 April 2015 - 05:39 AM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 29 April 2015 - 02:46 PM, said:

Oh, no argument there :P Charging gloriously into death with guns blazing is very appropriate at times. But, you get those people who Leroy Jenkins in 4 times in a row... Had someone do that in a match last night. Wasted all 4 of his mechs rushing in as soon as he spawned.

I'm sorry to say that I did this once last night...well with 3 of my mechs. Wife just had dinner ready, smelled great (BBQ), and I was starving after work. So Leroyed a bit more than usual. Still got a ton of points that match. ;)

Overall I did find the matches to be a bit harder last night that they have been all week. You IS guys really want those points. :)

#670 Jeffrey Wilder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:05 AM

View PostJeffrey Wilder, on 28 April 2015 - 10:47 PM, said:

Well, I am only at the 20th point mark. Guess the best I can go is 30 or less for this event. Best CW event so far.

Ended the event with 20 points, no time to play. Kind of tough when I can only spare like an hour every weekday and 2 hours every weekend :(

#671 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:21 AM

View PostGillopi, on 30 April 2015 - 06:02 AM, said:

so lets see here if you have a life job family of and responsibilities you should beable to get 25 ponts right its the other players the ones with no life no kids or wife that will make 50 points

hey hey hey...I have ex wifes, a great kid, a life, two jobs and I got my 50...I just dont have any friends :huh: ...wait...

#672 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:25 AM

It only took 500 damage or so to get the 80 match score, pretty easy, just the time involved

#673 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:35 AM

I never failed to get a point and just eyeballing it, I averaged about 168 or so - not amazing, but I'm not an amazing player. Getting points wasn't the problem. For me, I think 26 points will be where I stop because I have to go to work and the event will be over by the time I get home.

I already have all the Banshees and I have no interest in the Clan mechs, so this is a pretty good stopping point. Much respect to those who got 50, though.

Was a pretty fun event and carving out time to drop with my XO and my team, after months of grinding solo to level up my Resistance mechs and Urbanmechs, was great. I think I'll be team-dropping in CW more now (especially since I'm done grinding mechs).

The only issue I have with this event is the main problem I have with CW in general: only the last few matches matter. You could fight 500 battles for a planet, win 490 of them, but if you lose the last 10, the planet flips because they were the last wins before the deadline. What PGI is saying with this design, whether they mean to or not, is that you should absolutely not drop in CW unless it's right before the ceasefire because it won't count.

PLEASE make all the drops count. PLEASE make it an OVERALL percentage of battles fought for a planet.

I know why it was done this way, so that low-population factions wouldn't get overwhelmed by larger ones, but as long as only one planet is on the table at a time, that's not such a huge deal. Besides, that's more incentive for the lower-population faction to both recruit and hire mercs.

Just...come on...this is an obvious issue.

#674 HelBound

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 126 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:47 AM

I don't really understand WHY the majority of battles don't could for when planet flips but only the final few before ceasefire. Some poor coder couldn't figure out how to make the percentages work perhaps? Is there a logistical reason?

At first the technical problems were maddening but they were sorted out and the event came together nicely I think. Not too bad for a throw-together event which offered the community closure for the map wipe.

I commend ALL Steiner units and players which dropped for this event. Exemplarily job ladies and gentlemen.

Anyway. Ended the event with 31 event points, played 31 CW drops and always got my point. Considered going for 40 but having a full time job and a number of other commitments I couldn't make it happen. I had after hour meetings every day this week and anyone in the 5RCT will tell you, I was actually dropping between meetings on my laptop in offices and public places to get my event points in.

30 Points for 300MC -> free mech bay (plus the other stuff) 35 or 40 was unattainable. The 31st drop was just for fun, I had joined an excellent and fun group on TS for the 30th so I stuck with em.

Overall, I enjoyed the event thanks for the Cbills, MC and consumables. With the hero sale and Cbill earnings my Mech hanger has grown by about 7 mechs. Full compliment of Griffins (2N included), full compliment of Cataphracts (IM), 1 KTO-18c

Edited by HelBound, 30 April 2015 - 07:49 AM.

#675 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts
  • LocationClan Ghost Bear Occupation Zone.

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:28 PM

Looks like the Clans were victorious against overwhelming odds, Seyla!

#676 Diplomat99

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 33 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:39 PM

Suggestion for next time: Forbid non-unit players to participate or make an event to qualify for such battle. The pugs lost the planet in my opinion. Maybe PGI will release some statistics on the battle? Counter attacking for IS way the main concern, since range of the CL weapons really help hold your ground. It was a fun event, I did 20 points from 20 games and [ASE] got second place on FRR, which is a pleasant bonus.

#677 Strykewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRogue River, Oregon

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:44 PM

View PostDiplomat99, on 30 April 2015 - 01:39 PM, said:

Suggestion for next time: Forbid non-unit players to participate or make an event to qualify for such battle. The pugs lost the planet in my opinion. Maybe PGI will release some statistics on the battle? Counter attacking for IS way the main concern, since range of the CL weapons really help hold your ground. It was a fun event, I did 20 points from 20 games and [ASE] got second place on FRR, which is a pleasant bonus.

By that same measure of 'elitism', clan pugs won the planet. Well over 50% win rate, as a pug, rolling with pugs with the occasional 2, or 3 man. 11 matches as IS; swapped since PGI needed numbers on the clan side to help queue numbers; 54 matches as clan. Even kept playing when I hit 50 to try and help the queue.

#678 PhoenixNMGLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:58 PM

View PostDiplomat99, on 30 April 2015 - 01:39 PM, said:

I wouldn't go that far, had some reasonable success in pug groups myself.

#679 Túatha Dé Danann

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 1,164 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 April 2015 - 04:41 PM

It was a good fight, but when you see one player doing 100-ish damage while another one on the team goes beyond 3.000 you start to ask yourself if this works as intended.
I've seen loadouts that made me cry (on both sides), "tactics" of extreme cowardice on both sides and when 12 organized people show up, it went on to pure rush tactics in the end - just to get the points. There was a whole lot of frustration in this event and many of my comrades just did not start to participate (which I can understand after seeing the depths of incompetence from many people)
But I had fun games too.

Edited by Túatha Dé Danann, 30 April 2015 - 04:47 PM.

#680 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 30 April 2015 - 05:06 PM

The issue I had with this event is the Cue. Dropping in the IS cue you had to wait and because of others you might not get a match for an hour at best at times. The clans had no such issues.

The numbers from this event also should show that there is no IS meta and that IS is in fact not OP. As for the clans well it depends still but need to see the numbers. This event also prevented the IS tactic of a light rush because when the IS had to attack it was counter attack so they had to also get more kills and destroy omega (making it easier for clans because their attacks was just destroy Omega).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users