Resistance 2

393 replies to this topic

#101 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:47 PM

First of all... AMAZING art all around. Every chassis looks just fantastic. And I'm especially loving the BK, very sleak, and mean looking.

First thing I thought when I saw the R2 pack... "Sweet, wolfhound... SWEET, Crab! OMG! Black Knight!" I was ready to slap $60 on it and call it sold. But, then I looked at the loadouts... All 4 variants are functionally identical :/ Sure, one has +/- one or two energy hardpoints, has JJs, or engine limits... but Any one of them will do exactly the same thing as any other. The only thing that will give them any flavor at all will be quirks. Not even an ECM on that BK? I know it's not timeline apropriate, but you could have invented a variant like you did with the Mauler, and the Enforcer before.

Sadly, I'm going to be passing on this one... And, I really want to throw money at it for how pretty it is. Some people seem to like it, and that's good. It just doesn't appeal to me. I want me some ballistic points!

Mauler looks pretty great, though, actually. Which, is ironic because of the mechs in this pack, I would have called it as the least interesting to me.

View PostMGA121285, on 30 April 2015 - 10:43 AM, said:

P.S. Sarna says wolfhound is 3052 while its 3050 here. What's wrong with you guys?! Said "its 3052 game and one day in real life = 1 day in game". You got time machine or other idea how to balance mechs that cant and should not be balanced?! 1st was terrible idea with quirks, next one was "black hole" engine for Urbie, now this... You makes me sad guys. Rly.

Phelan Kell was piloting a Wolfhound when he was captured by Clan Wolf December 31st, 3049 on Sysiphus' Lament. (AKA: The Rock) The mech was in field testing for, I beleive, like a decade or two before its main production started in 3052. It WAS around, just not very common.

View PostHornviech, on 30 April 2015 - 09:49 AM, said:

3. And why is the same amount of Mechs in this package cheaper then Wave III of the Clans?

Because the mechs just plain cost more. C-bills wise. More C-bills = More MC = More $$$.

Now, I don't understand why the Clan Warhorns and such cost so much more than the IS ones... that's just gouging the population they seem to depend on most at the moment.

View PostGenesis Rex, on 30 April 2015 - 10:07 AM, said:

While I don't believe that on paper there is an IS 'mech that can beat a Clan 'mech (unless we're looking in the Light category...but even then we see different roles, so it's hard to say with certainty), the above quote is most likely more accurate then the statement it was responding to.

While, I don't believe there is a Clan mech that can beat my King Crab, one-on-one :P Not in this game, anyway. I squish Dire Wolves all the time in that baby!

View PostSevronis, on 30 April 2015 - 09:39 AM, said:

Aw man.. was hoping for the ECM variant of the Black Knight.. but then I remembered it isn't made until the Dark Ages. Comon PGI, find an IS heavy with ECM in this time period already! (actually... not sure if there was one... had looked for one myself a while ago)

There is at least one... sort of... The Cataphract 0X has the same electronics package as the Raven, so, it has an ECM. It was a limited production prototype, but it did exist in 3050. I made the suggestion for this back a while ago in the suggestions forum. Apparently they actually considered it alongside the Griffon, but went with the Griffon instead. That's what they said in the Town Hall.

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 30 April 2015 - 02:03 PM.

#102 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,634 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:58 PM

ok, i tweeted this Russ:

ok, I just joined the "STFU and take my money" Club. Wolfhound! Crab! The BK is a beaut! Loving the Mauler!

#103 braveheart95

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • 132 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 02:05 PM

The Mauler is here!!!! :D

#104 Omaha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 559 posts
  • LocationAnywhere

Posted 30 April 2015 - 02:10 PM

I dunno bout you guys but the Crab looks like it may be pretty interesting!

#105 Andyboy

• PipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 April 2015 - 02:20 PM

agreed
dual heatsinks, endo-structure, and ferro upgades cost a lot. But you get that all in one package with the clan mechs!

#106 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 30 April 2015 - 02:24 PM

View PostSevronis, on 30 April 2015 - 09:39 AM, said:

Aw man.. was hoping for the ECM variant of the Black Knight.. but then I remembered it isn't made until the Dark Ages. Comon PGI, find an IS heavy with ECM in this time period already! (actually... not sure if there was one... had looked for one myself a while ago)

Still looks bad@$$ though and so does the Mauler. Crab and Wolfhound look cool too.

EDIT: Just noticed that the MAL-1R is the only one in the pack listed on Sarna. The MX90 being the failed Daboku later improved and renamed as the Mauler. The 1P and the 2P look to just be made up. I'm surprised they didn't use the 3R with the double LBX10. I didn't see a listed year it was introduced so they technically might have been able to get away with using it since all it has are weapons usable now in game, though the C3 slave unit could have been a reason. That and there probably is a year somewhere in the tech books.

The 3R is from 3062. When searching for production dates, look MUL.

#107 Morgana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 647 posts
  • LocationCleaning 10-year old dust out of Cockpit!

Posted 30 April 2015 - 02:28 PM

Going to attempt to speak for at least part of the community here if I may.

Considering some of the Community just thinned their wallets, in the efforts of donating to the Multiple Sclerosis Fund Raising Event that Gimpy held this past weekend, We, the Community, want to tug at Russ's heart and give us an extension throughout the weekend. (besides, think of how many people get their paychecks on Friday, how could you go wrong!?)

#108 Knight2416

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLevin, New Zealand

Posted 30 April 2015 - 02:29 PM

Happy Happy Joy Joy finally the Black Knight YYYYEEEESSSS. I love that mech. I only wish we were at Dark Ages so IS could finally get a heavy ECM mech to help in CW. Griffin helped a little, but only due to the other ecm options are lights or D-DC.

#109 Galenthor Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 157 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 02:41 PM

argh!!! I wish you set more time for this special bonus on this sale... already spent what little I had to work with on a decent headset

for those going on about hte wolfhound... it was released into the inner sphere in 3025... check your tro 3025's

#110 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 30 April 2015 - 02:42 PM

Excellent mechs. Excellent artwork. Poor....me. I am gonna justify spending more $ after a total of $400ish? Oh the wife agro after the Urbie and Resistance 2! I am still not happy with CW. Guess I'm in the doghouse again for another $80. :/ WHERE THE DANGED HELL IS THE IS HEAVY ECM?

Edited by HammerMaster, 30 April 2015 - 02:51 PM.

#111 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 02:46 PM

First off, this is a great pack with mechs that people have been waiting for.

Now:
1. The wolfhound - Criticism: The shoulder are too large (the actually part of the arm I mean, though the armor plating around it would probably need a slight rescale to compensate) and the head is too squat/smashed looking. However, the head may look alright if the shoulders were trimmed down a bit.

2. The Black Knight - I just...I dunno it looks strange and alien to me. Not like something I would expect to see in the IS whose machines are much more industrial and modern war machine looking. The four pictures below (TRO, MW4, Dark Ages, and Fan Rendition respectively) are much closer to what I'd expect the Black Knight to look like. Its just so strange, alien-esque and deformed looking that it throws off the rest of the mech's design as the Black Knight.

I believe the biggest issue I have is the head, as all other designs I see portray that of some sort of look of a knight's helm (the Dark Ages less so) to give it the look iconic to the Black Knight. Meanwhile this concept looks nothing like a Knight helm and gives a more alien feel of the Clans than anything.
TRO
Spoiler

MW4
Spoiler

Dark Ages
Spoiler

Fan Rendition (on the right)
Spoiler

Edited by MauttyKoray, 30 April 2015 - 02:51 PM.

#112 EAP10

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 401 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 30 April 2015 - 03:12 PM

Not to be a downer for anyone, this is just all my opinion. New content is always great, but all the varients of each mech kinda seem the same. Just saying. And also, I really hope wave three will get the same amount of attention the IS packs are getting. For one the standing items in this pack for the monthly rewards are all new and interesting, while the wave three pack has a mug with a symbol slapped to it. It almost seems like favortisim. Two: the early adopter varients. This pack is $40 more than the wave three pack, and I know that clan mechs are more expensive c-bill wise, but here you can get the same amount of mechs and content for $40 less than the clan players paid. That's kind of ridiculous. PGI should either change the price of the next clan packages to concise with the IS packages, or bump up the price of the IS packages. As a clan player who bought the top tier Gladiator Package, I feel kind of cheated that this pack has everything that wave 3 did, with more unique content, but $40 less.

My two last c-bills.

#113 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 30 April 2015 - 03:27 PM

View PostMauttyKoray, on 30 April 2015 - 02:46 PM, said:

2. The Black Knight - I just...I dunno it looks strange and alien to me. Not like something I would expect to see in the IS whose machines are much more industrial and modern war machine looking. The four pictures below (TRO, MW4, Dark Ages, and Fan Rendition respectively) are much closer to what I'd expect the Black Knight to look like. Its just so strange, alien-esque and deformed looking that it throws off the rest of the mech's design as the Black Knight.

I believe the biggest issue I have is the head, as all other designs I see portray that of some sort of look of a knight's helm (the Dark Ages less so) to give it the look iconic to the Black Knight. Meanwhile this concept looks nothing like a Knight helm and gives a more alien feel of the Clans than anything.
TRO
Spoiler

MW4
Spoiler

Dark Ages
Spoiler

It reminds a closed renaissance helmet:
Posted Image

Edited by Odanan, 30 April 2015 - 03:27 PM.

#114 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 30 April 2015 - 03:46 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 30 April 2015 - 09:17 AM, said:

Posted Image

Pre-order the Resistance 2 package before 11:59:59 PM PDT April 30th and receive the next IS Champion 'Mech free.

Preorder Here:https://mwomercs.com/resistancetwo

The next Champion 'Mech is the Jagermech JM6-A(C) and will be released on May 5th.

Russ is full of surprises today :)

Question: do I get the champion Jagermech if I buy some A La Carte? (if yes, I'm buying this immediately)

#115 PPO Kuro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 300 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 30 April 2015 - 04:00 PM

This is funny. Was in a match today and screamed in chat: I want a Mauler....and behold it's here!

Stupid PGI!! Now you got more money from me!! :P

#116 ShivaPT

• Pip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 04:01 PM

Holy cow that mauler can fit dual AC20, 4 med lazers and 2 srm4s... with 2 tons of ammo per weapon. AND still got 3 tons for double heatsinks :D

Oooohhh the builds I can do with that...

#117 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 04:02 PM

This would be so much more attractive if I had not just spent $1.5k on my pet's vet bills.... :(

Ah dammit I cant resist (get it! :P)

On a second thought..

All the crab variants are pretty much the same, same for wolfhound.. ..only one with desirable difference is the Mauler.

Must pass. Unless the Jager champion is on offer even for a-la-carte.

Edited by White Bear 84, 30 April 2015 - 04:27 PM.

#118 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 04:24 PM

Could we please have some clarification from PGI on this post. Earlier Russ tweeted "if you buy a resistance 2 pack (today April 30 2015) you will get (the bonus champion mech)"...does that mean any level of resistance 2 purchase or only if you buy all 4 mechs? Please clarify for us before the deadline, thanks.

#119 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 04:40 PM

View PostYUyahoo, on 30 April 2015 - 04:24 PM, said:

Could we please have some clarification from PGI on this post. Earlier Russ tweeted "if you buy a resistance 2 pack (today April 30 2015) you will get (the bonus champion mech)"...does that mean any level of resistance 2 purchase or only if you buy all 4 mechs? Please clarify for us before the deadline, thanks.

Any level of package, excluding A La Carte!

#120 Overkill C7

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 85 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 04:40 PM

The Black Knight looks a lot better than the one in MW4.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users