#61 Qtvcfr

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 51 posts
  • LocationManhattan, Kansas

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:52 AM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 30 April 2015 - 10:50 AM, said:

Where are people seeing that the mechs have omnipods? ... I've looked everywhere and didn't see omnipods mentioned.
Was it a website error that's since been fixed?

Simple editing oversight. They used the same template as they did for Wave 3 and forgot to change Omnipods for Hardpoints on the Black Knight and Mauler.

#62 Roadkill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:53 AM

View PostSevronis, on 30 April 2015 - 10:43 AM, said:

Where are you even getting the impression that they are omnimechs? I didn't see anything that even stated they were omni at all. Their loadouts, hardpoints, and 'upgrades' (endo, ferro, etc) do not define an omnimech. The only thing that makes an omni what it is, is if a hardpoint can mount any weapon type, or in MWO's case, swappable body parts.

The fact that the hardpoint list for those two Mechs said "Omnipod hardpoints" and not simply "Hardpoints" like the other two Mechs.

It appears that it was a typo and it has now been corrected.

#63 Sevronis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 216 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:54 AM

View PostMGA121285, on 30 April 2015 - 10:43 AM, said:

3 Laserboats and Mauler. Sad. Wery sad. No heavy ecm. Nothing except mauler that took my attention. Feel sad becouse since Founders its still nothing intresting there. Except KCG. That wasnt rly a sold-out mech. heh.

P.S. Sarna says wolfhound is 3052 while its 3050 here. What's wrong with you guys?! Said "its 3052 game and one day in real life = 1 day in game". You got time machine or other idea how to balance mechs that cant and should not be balanced?! 1st was terrible idea with quirks, next one was "black hole" engine for Urbie, now this... You makes me sad guys. Rly.

And the Clan Wave 3 pack has mechs that werent first seen by IS until 3052 or 3053. Common sense would state here that they decided to advance the game's time line to 3053.

Also, at least now I understand why there was talk of omnipods. By the time I looked at the site today, it was fixed lol.

Edited by Sevronis, 30 April 2015 - 10:59 AM.

#64 Crotch RockIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 583 posts
  • Locationchewing his lower lip

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:58 AM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 30 April 2015 - 10:50 AM, said:

Where are people seeing that the mechs have omnipods? ... I've looked everywhere and didn't see omnipods mentioned.
Was it a website error that's since been fixed?

Website had a typo that has been fixed.

View PostSevronis, on 30 April 2015 - 10:54 AM, said:

And the Clan Wave 3 pack has mechs that werent first seen by IS until 3052 or 3053. Common sense would state here that they decided to advance the game's time line to 3053.

Battle of Tukayyid is ongoing, which occurred in 3052.

#65 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:00 AM

View PostQtvcfr, on 30 April 2015 - 10:52 AM, said:

Simple editing oversight. They used the same template as they did for Wave 3 and forgot to change Omnipods for Hardpoints on the Black Knight and Mauler.

Thanks, that's what I thought haha. :)

#66 Magitek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 128 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:00 AM

This just happened... my body/wallet.

#67 bossclan

• PipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 89 posts
  • LocationIndiana United States

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:06 AM

Got my Res pack 2 !

#68 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,189 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:13 AM

View PostHelBound, on 30 April 2015 - 10:25 AM, said:

Looks nice, Im tempted to put down and get the early adoption stuff. Don't have any Jagers so it's an intro to grinding them.
I'm sad to see all the laser vomit. I like ballistics and would have loved to see more ballistics on the light/medium mechs.
Love the crab design, its big brother is a ballistic beast and would have liked to see some AC2 crab builds. Or better yet some new resistance era weapons which make these mechs *special* mountable on any chassis because thats how hardpoints work but quirked to work better. Like rotary autocannons or light gauss rifles. THAT would have been an instant sell.

*I'm no lore master but weren't the wolfhounds CT weapons autocannons?

not ever remotely. every mech in here is following lore. the reason there's no ECM black night is because it wasn't built until at least operation Bulldog, if not the FedCom civil war. that ECM Black Knight is also the OMNIMECH Black Knight, which is actually a completely different chassis, like the 40-ton Omni Firestarter, or the Omni Blackjack..and if we start getting IS omnis, the Raptor, Avatar and Rakshasa better damn well get in first, they were around first.

#69 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,894 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:18 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 30 April 2015 - 10:52 AM, said:

But I like my Black Knight! It's my all-time favorite Mech; not having JJs on it is a sin! :(

I am sorry, but there is not a single variant of Black Knight equipped with Jump Jets in canon materials.

#70 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:20 AM

View PostMGA121285, on 30 April 2015 - 10:43 AM, said:

3 Laserboats and Mauler. Sad. Wery sad. No heavy ecm. Nothing except mauler that took my attention. Feel sad becouse since Founders its still nothing intresting there. Except KCG. That wasnt rly a sold-out mech. heh.

P.S. Sarna says wolfhound is 3052 while its 3050 here. What's wrong with you guys?! Said "its 3052 game and one day in real life = 1 day in game". You got time machine or other idea how to balance mechs that cant and should not be balanced?! 1st was terrible idea with quirks, next one was "black hole" engine for Urbie, now this... You makes me sad guys. Rly.

dude... Phelan Kell was piloting a Wolfhound when the IS first ran INTO the clans. It was a new chassis, yes... also "Production year" means "Mass Produced" that doesn't mean a bunch couldn't have been tossed into merc unit circulation to battlefield test early. hell, the Bushwacker already exists, it just sucks until we reverse engineer the Mad Dog in a year or two and fix it.

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 30 April 2015 - 10:45 AM, said:

I'll have them only for c-bills.

I would pay with real money new game modes, and pgi efforts to not considering aimbot as a third part software.

Aimbotters should be banned. it's cheating.

#71 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:20 AM

when I read champion I was thinking http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Champion :lol:. then I read further and seen it just a champion jagermech :(.

#72 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:22 AM

View PostThe Boneshaman, on 30 April 2015 - 11:20 AM, said:

when I read champion I was thinking http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Champion :lol:. then I read further and seen it just a champion jagermech :(.

wouldn't mind seeing a few more SLDF mechs show up :) Champ is a classic.

that and a "Champion Champion" would just be funny ;)

Edited by Arkhangel, 30 April 2015 - 11:25 AM.

#73 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:24 AM

Purchased - if anyone at PGI actually reads these forums - This purchase was my last offering in the hope that you actually begin to provide us with a Mechwarrior game.

It's getting quite tiresome watching you fumble around and never move the game beyond the assault mode we had in closed beta.

Add some depth and make this the immersive game you sold us on years ago.

#74 YaKillinMeSmalls

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 332 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:24 AM

If you wanted more Day 1 pre-orders, you should have waited until Friday when most people get paid.

#75 Xione87

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 117 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:33 AM

Ah darn, on the one hand there's the Black Knight and the Mauler, which I both reallywant to have. But on the other hand the crab doesn't look that interesting and the light doesn't really count since I'm not really into lights (haven't even mastered 1 yet).

Plus the energy mechs have very little variation between their variants, just +/- 1 energy point and slightly different distribution...

Well, since I was disappointed in Tukayyid (event, not the sale though :) ) I will just keep to my wave III and skip this pack :)

#76 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:34 AM

Does anyone know what 'early adopter rewards' encompass for this one? Do al a carte purchases get the bling pieces, bits, premium time, 'faction content,' and so on, or is it strictly the 3 mechs and 3 bays?

Edited by Vassago Rain, 30 April 2015 - 11:34 AM.

#77 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 776 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:42 AM

Damn, just bought E**** Dang**** for 50 bucks...

Should be reading the forum instead of fighting on Tukayyid... More rewards here!

#78 M A S E

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 142 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:49 AM

I'm loving these designs. However the JM6-A is a trash mech and not worth making this package a priority.. for even me.

#79 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:51 AM

View Postmartian, on 30 April 2015 - 11:18 AM, said:

I am sorry, but there is not a single variant of Black Knight equipped with Jump Jets in canon materials.

Who cares about canon? I want what I had in MW4; that game was awesome!

#80 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:51 AM

sell the free champion jag for a free mechbay

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users